Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hillary Clinton For Mayor Of NYC? Bloomberg Encourages Secretary Of State To Consider Candidacy

Mayor Michael Bloomberg encouraged Secretary of State Hillary Clinton-- widely held to be a frontrunner in the 2016 presidential race-- to instead enter the 2013 mayor's race in New York City.

From The New York Times:

In a telephone call confirmed by three people, Mr. Bloomberg encouraged Mrs. Clinton to consider entering the 2013 mayor’s race, trading international diplomacy for municipal management on the grandest scale. She would, the mayor suggested, be a perfect fit.

Neither Bloomberg or Clinton have commented on the call, and the specifics of the conversation remain vague. The Times' sources, however, say Clinton stated clearly that she wasn't interested in the job.

News of the call comes as a surprise. Bloomberg, who's expressed admiration for Clinton before, had all but publicly endorsed New York City Council Speaker Christine Quinn to succeed him as mayor, a position he's held since 2002.

In an August poll, Quinn held a commanding lead over other likely Democratic candidates.

She's been a close ally of Bloomberg's during her time in the council, and was an integral part of orchestrating his successful bid to change the city's term-limit laws, enabling Bloomberg to win a third term.

The billionaire mayor hasn't ruled out the possibility of using his newly formed Super PAC to influence the 2013 mayor's race.

His term as hizzoner ends on December 31, 2013, and there's much speculation about what he'll do for his next act.

by Anonymousreply 1712/04/2012

Chris Matthew apologized on "Hardball" tonight for being so tough on Hillary for a number of years.

by Anonymousreply 112/03/2012

R85, I know Kurt (just socially). I would never subject him to this place.

by Anonymousreply 212/03/2012

Why should I do that? Soon, I will be queen of everything. It's all going my way.

by Anonymousreply 312/03/2012

CQ cannot be happy. What did she do to piss him off?

by Anonymousreply 412/03/2012

A ludicrous suggestion. She hardly needs to run the city of New York in preparation for another White House bid. She's got a great deal experience as it is.

by Anonymousreply 512/03/2012

IF you can make it there, you can make it. . . ANYWHERE!

by Anonymousreply 612/03/2012

Exactly my thought, R4. Plus, Hillary doesn't want it.

I saw Matthews say regretfully, he'd been hard on her through the years. He was really an ass and it bothers me that he's probably only saying this because everyone else is acting like she's so wonderful these days. She got shafted and behaved like a class act. She's shown all of these idiots, dems and repubs, how its done.

by Anonymousreply 712/03/2012

Me and New York City are not the Apple of her eye.

by Anonymousreply 812/03/2012

They got an Olive Garden in Times Square, right?

by Anonymousreply 912/03/2012

Hilz immediately said "no thanks" - she's got her eyes on a bigger prize - The White House 2016.

by Anonymousreply 1012/04/2012

Mayor?! He wants Hilllary to be mayor? Don't be ridiculous.

Hillary should have been president in 2008 and again in 2012. In 2016, she will be president of the United States and also Queen of the Universe if for some insane, unknown reason Cher has abdicated the throne.

by Anonymousreply 1112/04/2012

Interesting - no one appears to have caught the subtext that Bloomberg wants HRC in the mayor's slot so *he* can run for president in 2016. He was certainly seriously considering it for 2012 and would've run if a) the GOP picked a true right-winger as their main guy and b) the economy was still in the shitter.

by Anonymousreply 1212/04/2012

What is Bloomberg up to?

by Anonymousreply 1312/04/2012

He will have to run as an Independent, won't he?

by Anonymousreply 1412/04/2012

[quote]He will have to run as an Independent, won't he?

Nah - his best chance is to run as a Democrat, and if he does, the GOP is fucked.

by Anonymousreply 1512/04/2012

Fran Lebowitz on Bloomberg's presidential aspirations: "Hey Mike, you know when a five foot two Jewish billionaire will be President of the United States? Never!"

by Anonymousreply 1612/04/2012

The country was ready for a black President. The country will be ready for a female President. The country would be ready for a gay President before they'll ever be ready for a Jewish President.

by Anonymousreply 1712/04/2012
Need more help? Click Here.