Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Caprica

This show was great-fascinating plot, great characters. How did this get cancelled? I'm surprised it didn't get at least one more season just based on Battlestar Galactica's reputation.

by Anonymousreply 1312/04/2012

Extremely low ratings. It didn't even get a full season.

I really enjoyed this show even though I never saw Battlerstar. Maybe they should have moved the plot along more quickly. LOVED the guy who played the gay mobster/uncle. He's now on Grimm. Loved Eric Stolz and the actress who played the wife. The terrorist/religious plot could have been pushed further.

by Anonymousreply 112/03/2012

R1 Yeah, Sam was a great character. I also loved Sister Clarice and Lacy Rand.

I just watched it so I guess I'm one of the people to blame for the low ratings. I didn't think the plot moved too slowly but maybe that's because I watched it all in two weeks instead of from week to week.

by Anonymousreply 212/03/2012

I wonder if the monotheist terrorists turned some people off?

by Anonymousreply 312/03/2012

I love Caprica in my Hungarian chicken stew.

Oh - never mind.

by Anonymousreply 412/04/2012

Back in my straight days, I dated the woman who played Eric Stoltz's wife...

We're still friends and I adore her.

by Anonymousreply 512/04/2012

It was an awesome show. No way it should have been canceled. Fuck the ratings and fuck the morons who canceled it.

by Anonymousreply 612/04/2012

I wish it had survived. Yes, it was convoluted, but it had potential.

by Anonymousreply 712/04/2012

Enjoyed this show a lot and thought it was very smart scifi drama.

But the religion storyline with the teacher (Polly Walker) was getting so confusing. If the show played out longer it probably would have made sense, but I remember when the last episode played I was unsure if I understood their motives.

by Anonymousreply 812/04/2012

I was a big fan of it also. I think it was just too slow for people tuning in expecting Battlestar Galactica type action. Such a cool and frank presentation of sexuality, something that BSG unfortunately failed at.

by Anonymousreply 912/04/2012

Hey don't knock the sex in BSG. They were fleeing the Cylons. Hard to get it on with Cylons your tail.

by Anonymousreply 1012/04/2012

R8. I agree the end was a little confusing. I thought the Zoe avatar destroyed the virtual reality heaven because she realized the STO was evil. But then she says she's god and we see her working with Clarice indoctrinating the cylons. I didn't get that.

by Anonymousreply 1112/04/2012

The only reason they made Caprica in the first place was because of the writers strike. They had turned it down originally but when the strike happened they needed something to put on the air they already had a script for. I don't think they were ever serious about it and it was basically filler.

by Anonymousreply 1212/04/2012

It just didn't work with the timeline we are familiar with. It also suffered a little from the George Lucas issue of everyone having to have been connected for generations, even though we are talking about 12 planetary systems and thus billions of people.

As a stand alone it was really good. Trying to show the creation of the entire Cylon situation within the lifetime of William Adama just seemed unnecessary.

Simplest explanation is that this was round 4 or 5 through the cycle and not the one we saw, but that just capitalizes on the biggest cop out of BSG.

by Anonymousreply 1312/04/2012
Need more help? Click Here.