Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Why Do So Many Men In America Vote Republican?

I'm not out to bash men, but I really don't understand this. What's the appeal?

by Anonymousreply 2012/07/2012

Over time this won't be a problem, OP. Our dilapidating factory where we generate the country's angry white men is underproducing. We have completely dismantled our Ann Romney stepford wives assembly line.

by Anonymousreply 112/03/2012

An inability to relate to people who are different or who have had real prejudices against them.

Straight white men think the entire world is even - but it's not. And they resent being told otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 212/03/2012

Bernaysian conditioning. The implementation of Hegelian dialectics. A media the venerates the anointed, and demonizes outliers. A banking system based on debt. A political system that rewards the ignorant majority. A system of corporate welfare, and foreign warfare. The raping of the middle (and lower) class by the .01% and making them believe it's for their own good.

"I find myself more amazed than ever at the ability of those in power to lie, misinform and obfuscate the truth, while millions of Americans willfully choose to be ignorant of the truth and yearn to be misled. It’s a match made in heaven. Acknowledging the truth of our society’s descent from a country of hard working, self-reliant, charitable, civic minded citizens into the abyss of entitled, dependent, greedy, materialistic consumers is unacceptable to the slave owners and the slaves. We can’t handle the truth because that would require critical thought, hard choices, sacrifice, and dealing with the reality of an unsustainable economic and societal model. It’s much easier to believe the big lies that allow us to sleep at night. The concept of lying to the masses and using propaganda techniques to manipulate and form public opinion really took hold in the 1920s and have been perfected by the powerful ruling elite that control the reins of finance, government and mass media."

by Anonymousreply 312/03/2012

Whose quote is that, OP?

by Anonymousreply 412/03/2012

I think you're asking the wrong question.

by Anonymousreply 512/03/2012

Guns, you tit!

by Anonymousreply 612/03/2012

No, R5, you don't understand the question.

by Anonymousreply 712/05/2012

Why fret..They are a dying breed, literally.

"..when Obama won reelection, with the ascendancy of women& minorities, he struck a blow not only against the dominance of white voters but against the dominance of Wayne’s white male values. Obama’s America reads like the obverse of Wayne’s: urban& suburban, educated, communal, compassionate & every bit as feminine as it is masculine.

Team Wogan was running The Election. J.B. Wogan of Politifacts whipped Liberals Into a frenzy.

While his mother targeted blog posts that were aimed at NRA/Republican Country

by Anonymousreply 812/05/2012

We laks to hold on to air stuff.

by Anonymousreply 912/05/2012

They think it's macho.

The party also reinforces their innate feelings of male supremacy, and their desire for "hierarchy".

by Anonymousreply 1012/05/2012

I blame Country Music.

by Anonymousreply 1112/05/2012

Boys wanna play with the Big Boys.

They are terrified of change which is the true core of being conservative.

Superior Complex.

by Anonymousreply 1212/05/2012

Because Republicans are tough. Plenty tough.

by Anonymousreply 1312/05/2012

Many white men are sick of being lectured that they don't care enough about racism, sexism, homophobia, and AIDS. For my boss voting GOP was a protest vote against a world that he felt had become too feminized, whiney and PC.

Believe rightly or wrongly that the GOP is stronger on national security, although precious few sign up for the military.

Naively identify with/aspire to join the ranks of the wealthy.

by Anonymousreply 1412/05/2012

[quote]Believe rightly or wrongly that the GOP is stronger on national security

by Anonymousreply 1512/05/2012

In the past Republicans had each others' backs and were a united front.

by Anonymousreply 1612/05/2012

Not men, OP. White men. Particularly older, straight white men.

Because they see the days when white men ruled the universe coming to an end.

I don't mean all white men. Or all straight white men. Or all older straight white men. I mean older straight white men as a group.

by Anonymousreply 1712/05/2012

Because they think Democrats are total weaklings. They have a point.

Of course if you have to choose between a partially principled weakling and a lying, sellout neanderthal, that's not much choice. Guess some guys can't get past the weakness thing.

by Anonymousreply 1812/05/2012

What r2 said. Straight white men tend to get angry and pouty when it is rightfully pointed out that as a group, they have an advantage over everyone else. They resent that others (the "feminized, whiny, PC") have caught on and want them to face reality. I know that straight men are worshipped here and criticism of them is frowned upon, but as a group, they don't really care about others.

by Anonymousreply 1912/05/2012

All of you evidently believe that people who don't think like you do are not only wrong but also flawed in some way.

Think about that for a moment.

by Anonymousreply 2012/07/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!