Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What will the child of William and Kate be named?

The child will be heir no matter the sex of the child so I assume the name will have to be approved by the Queen. She's not going to accept a future Queen Estelle. Would she accept the name Diana for a girl?

by Anonymousreply 15012/07/2012

by Anonymousreply 212/03/2012

Britneigh, Kaylie or Madyson for a girl.

Tyler, Skyler, or Derek for a boy.

Will and Kate want to keep it classy.

by Anonymousreply 312/03/2012

by Anonymousreply 412/03/2012

by Anonymousreply 512/03/2012

by Anonymousreply 712/03/2012

Verne if it's a boy.

by Anonymousreply 812/03/2012

by Anonymousreply 912/03/2012

Whether it's a boy or girl, the name will have to recall a former British monarch. The female names are extremely limited:

Katherine or Catherine

Jane (not sure about that one?)

Am I missing any?

by Anonymousreply 1012/03/2012

There's an "Arthur" in William's and Charles' names. Who is that for?

by Anonymousreply 1112/03/2012

by Anonymousreply 1212/03/2012

Eleanor came form the French line, didn't she?

by Anonymousreply 1312/03/2012

If it's a girl - Diana. I'm calling it now.

(She'll probably look like Princess Anne, though.)

by Anonymousreply 1412/03/2012

by Anonymousreply 1512/03/2012

I think maybe not Jane.

by Anonymousreply 1612/03/2012

Upchuck. If it's a boy or a girl.

by Anonymousreply 1712/03/2012

Yes, she was French although I'm not sure which line you mean. Eleanor was Countess of Poitiers and of the House of Poitiers. She was also Duchess of Aquitaine in her own right, inheriting the titles and the Aquitaine from her father. She was first married to Louis VII of France and was Queen of France, then Henry II (she married him when he was only a Duke) who made her Queen of England.

But back to the other names of Queens of England (leaving out the earliest weird ones): Emma, Edith, Matilda, Adeliza (or Adela), Berengaria, Isabel and Isabella, Blanche (yes, really although her husband's title is disputed), Joanna, Henrietta Maria, Sophia Dorothea, Caroline, Charlotte, Adelaide and Alexandra.

The OP is right, there are tons of Marys, Catherines, Elizabeths, Margarets, Annes, Janes, etc., it makes them easy to confuse. Since they also run through every House and family, it makes sorting all of them out confusing too.

by Anonymousreply 1812/03/2012

[quote]Whether it's a boy or girl, the name will have to recall a former British monarch.

No, there's absolutely no hard and fast rule about that, although the queen does seem to want the heirs close to succession to have names that have been used by other members of the royal families of times past (that includes previous queens consort). For example, she insisted Fergie name her daughter (who is currently fourth in line to the throne) Beatrice instead of Annabel (Annabel was without precedent, but Queen Victoria had a daughter named Beatrice

So other possible names for a girl include:

Names of previous daughters of sovereigns:

*Louise (daughter of Edward VII and also Queen Victoria)

*Maud (daughter of Edward VII)

*Alice (daughter of Victoria)

*Helena (daughter of Victoria)

*Charlotte (daughter of George III)

*Augusta (daughter of George III)

*Sophia (daughter of George III)

*Amelia (daughter of George III)

*Henrietta (daughter of Charles I)

*Margaret (daughter of James I)

Names of previous wives of kings:

*Alexandra (wife of Edward VII)

*Caroline (wives of George II and George IV)

*Charlotte (wife of George III)

*Sophia Dorothea (wife of George I)

*Catherine (wife of Charles II)

*Henrietta Maria (wife of Charles I)

*Joan (wife of Henry IV)

*Isabella (wife of Richard II and Edward III)

*Philippa (wife of Edward II)

*Eleanor (wife of Edward I, Henry II, and Henry III)

*Berengaria (with of Richard Lionheart)

*Matilda (wife of Stephen)

Plus there are more in medieval times with even weirder names.

by Anonymousreply 1912/03/2012

Wouldn't it be a riot if they named her Blanche? Assuming its a girl, of course.

by Anonymousreply 2012/03/2012

How about Guinevere, bitches?

by Anonymousreply 2112/03/2012

by Anonymousreply 2212/03/2012

[quote]There's an "Arthur" in William's and Charles' names. Who is that for?

Prince Charles was obsessed with the name "Arthur" (because of the mythical king) and wanted it to be William's first name originally. (It's also the name of one of Queen Victoria's sons.) Supposedly the queen asked him not to do that since it would confuse people (since King Arthur of the Round Table seems to be mostly a myth, would Charles's eldest son have assumed the throne as Arthur I or Arthur II?). AS a compromise, Charles agreed to use it only as a middle name--supposedly he chose Arthur, Philip (after his father), and Louis (after his beloved relative Lord Louis Mountbatten), while Diana chose William.

by Anonymousreply 2312/03/2012

"(leaving out the earliest weird ones)"

Please name the wierd ones. I'm rooting for Alexandra myself. It is elegant with a touch of gravitas.

by Anonymousreply 2412/03/2012

thanks r23, but Charles has an "Arthur" in his name also (one of the ones Diana transposed during the wedding ceremony). Why would Elizabeth and Philip have picked that?

by Anonymousreply 2512/03/2012

They were big fans of Paul Lynde on "Bewitched."

by Anonymousreply 2612/03/2012

Or because they thought Chuck resembleld an aardvark.

by Anonymousreply 2712/04/2012

[quote]Why would Elizabeth and Philip have picked that?

Likely as a tribute to her great-great-uncle Prince Arthur, Duke of Connaught, last surviving son of Queen Victoria, whom Elizabeth knew in her youth (he died when she was 16).

by Anonymousreply 2812/04/2012

I like Charlotte. Charlotte Diana Windsor.

by Anonymousreply 2912/04/2012

Something fierce like Clytemnestra.

by Anonymousreply 3012/04/2012

Ulysses David if it's a boy; Ulyssea Davida if it's a girl!

by Anonymousreply 3112/04/2012

How is Beatrice currently fourth in line?

by Anonymousreply 3212/04/2012

Julianne Moore, seriously

by Anonymousreply 3312/04/2012

It will be a girl, and her name will be Sophia, Caroline, or Isabella.

by Anonymousreply 3412/04/2012

How is Beatrice currently fourth in line?

Fifth in line, actually--my mistake.

(1) Prince Charles, the Prince of Wales

(2) Prince William, Duke of Cambridge

(3) Prince Harry of Wales

(4) Prince Andrew, Duke of York

(5) Princess Beatrice of York

(6) Princess Eugenie of York

(7) Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex

(8) James, the Viscount Severn

(9) Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor

(10) Princess Anne, the Princess Royal

by Anonymousreply 3512/04/2012

Boy: John Charles Phillip George Girl: Alexandra Elizabeth Diana Frances

by Anonymousreply 3612/04/2012

It almost certainly won't be named John--John is considered a very unlucky name for the British royal family.

Queen Mary had a boy named Prince John (the current queen's uncle) who was retarded or autistic, and who died young.

Queen Alexandra had a boy named Prince A;exander John who died a few days after birth.

And of course, the only King John in English history was terrible--he's widely regarded as a usurper.

by Anonymousreply 3712/04/2012

Adeliza or Adela sounds awesome

by Anonymousreply 3812/04/2012

I rather like Ava for the soon-to-be royal little princess.

by Anonymousreply 3912/04/2012

They will have to name it Diana or Elizabeth or Charlietina.

by Anonymousreply 4012/04/2012

Harry Dean

by Anonymousreply 4112/04/2012

Tony or Tina

by Anonymousreply 4212/04/2012

LaShaniQ'ua if it's a girl, D'onTyrone if it's a boy.

by Anonymousreply 4312/04/2012

Oh,please. That 'unlucky name' stuff is horseshit. Will may well consider it far more important to honor his mother and grandfather than pay attention to some superstitious BS.

by Anonymousreply 4412/04/2012

They should name her Camilla. LOL

That would really cheese people off. Especially since she'll be queen one day.

by Anonymousreply 4512/04/2012

Elton if it's a girl.

by Anonymousreply 4612/04/2012

Prince Aethelbald

Princess Cartimandua

Prince Wulfhere

Princess Boudicca

by Anonymousreply 4712/04/2012

Jaden if a boy.

Britney if a girl.

by Anonymousreply 4812/04/2012

The only reigning Queens of England are Mary I and Mary II, Elizabeth I Anne, Victoria and Elizabeth II. The others were all consorts and don't really matter. All of them except Mary II were pretty formidable, and two are the longest serving of all monarchs.

by Anonymousreply 4912/04/2012

Well, there's Matilda, but that's contested, and Jane for about 10 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 5012/04/2012

Moon Unit or Dweezil

by Anonymousreply 5112/04/2012

Tamika or Seven.

by Anonymousreply 5212/04/2012

Ulysses David if it's a boy

Ulyssis Davida if it's a girl

by Anonymousreply 5312/04/2012

[quote]Oh,please. That 'unlucky name' stuff is horseshit. Will may well consider it far more important to honor his mother and grandfather than pay attention to some superstitious BS.

Apparently Diana wanted to name her firstborn son David, after her grandfather or something, and she was vetoed by the Queen/Charles. She also wanted to use the name John but again was not allowed to, because of the superstitious reasons a previous poster already mentioned. You can bet Kate won't be allowed to choose any name she wants; she and Wills will probably have to make up a list of names they like and submit it to the higher-ups for approval.

I think if it's a girl they'll give her Diana as a middle name.

by Anonymousreply 5412/04/2012

Remember Stephanie Mills, she used to sing but sounded like a goat. I think it's called vibrato?

by Anonymousreply 5512/04/2012

Although there's already a queen named Oprah! Huzzah!

by Anonymousreply 5612/04/2012

Cuntessa Horsesia Baldina Windsor

by Anonymousreply 5712/04/2012

Chlamydia Camilla Diana Windsor

by Anonymousreply 5812/04/2012

Menses Chlamydia Camilla

by Anonymousreply 5912/04/2012

Little Asskicker. Or Judith.

by Anonymousreply 6012/04/2012

Does the Queen really go around deciding all this stuff or is there a team of advisers who chooses baby names, etc. Why can't they just name their own child?

by Anonymousreply 6112/04/2012

by Anonymousreply 6212/04/2012

If it is a girl -- Honey Boo Boo.

If it is a boy -- Cletus.

by Anonymousreply 6312/04/2012

Lurleen, assuming it's a girl.

by Anonymousreply 6512/04/2012

Alexandra Victoria Elizabeth Elizabeth Diana

by Anonymousreply 6612/04/2012

R61, Hopefully the future king and queen of England will not be as selfish as Hollywood celebs in choosing the name of their child, the bearer of traditions. Expect countless pap articles worldwide, analyzing the chosen name. Silly of course; but that's reality.

by Anonymousreply 6812/04/2012

[quote]You 'mos don't get this, because you're all into welfare and getting things for free and living on the government's teat.

I assume you are talking to the banksters who are living off public bailout money.

by Anonymousreply 6912/04/2012

Someone said she might have twins...which would mean they are not having sex...because why would they need invitro? I mean they are a young couple...twins? It really isn't that natural. Every one I know who has twins...invitro.

by Anonymousreply 7012/04/2012

Clearly this baby is going to be some kind of a mutant monster, so it's Fin Fang Foom if it's a boy, and Ghidrah if it's a girl.

by Anonymousreply 7112/04/2012

Camilla, if it's a girl.

by Anonymousreply 7312/04/2012

Replies to various comments-

to the last post- I have identical twin sisters-bor in 1966 yes there were naturally ocurring multiple births prior to in vitro

addressing the Arthur thing- Prince Arthur's (Queen Victoria's son)godfather was Arthur Wellssley-the grat Duke of Wellington, inturn Prince Arthur Duke of Connaught was the godfather of Queen Elizabeth. She chose Arthur for one of Prince Charle's middle names to hoor her godfather/uncle.

Times have changed since Queen Victoria meddled so much with royal baby names. If Diana wanted the name John-I am sure there was resistance as it wold be after her dead older brother John.

The Queen has bee pretty hands off with ames- who would have thought there would be a Zara, Savannah and Isla in the family.

With Prince Edward's son- the names surfaced again for the first time since the Stuart era.

I think Charlotte might have a reasonable chance also Elizabeth, A or Mary or even Victoria.

If a boy- any of the names from the last 100 years- but not Phillip. England had a King Phillip (of Spain) during Queen Mary 1 reign. Not a good memory. Why not Richard for Richard the Lion Hearted (although R'II ad II did not fair well.

There's also an old saying - that England will fall when a Hery IX coes to the throne- so no first name after his uncle.

My personal preferance would be Eleanor for a girl.

by Anonymousreply 7412/04/2012

correction- the name James

by Anonymousreply 7512/04/2012

Fingers crossed for Bubba.

by Anonymousreply 7612/04/2012

R70, Many couples who fuck like rabbits in heat have invitro because the man has a low sperm count, or they want to avoid a miscarriage, or a problem-free pregnancy, etc, etc, etc.

by Anonymousreply 7712/04/2012

Queen Victoria wanted all her descendants to be named Victoria or Albert. Her oldest son, named Albert Edward, took care of that when he became King Edward VII.

England's queens have done much better than its kings: Only the two Marys were less-than successful while the various Charleses, Edwards, Georges, Henrys and Jameses were a mixed lot at best. There is a rumor that Prince Charles will rule as King George VII, is that true? Perhaps George William would be a good name for Charles's first grandchild (if it is a boy).

by Anonymousreply 7812/04/2012

Alexandra would be nice is the Queen's second name for her grt-grandmother

by Anonymousreply 7912/04/2012

They should name that evil baby Lucifer. It was spawned in monarchy hell by their young surrogate, just like poor Princess Di was used for: BREEDING the rich, privileged class for the monarchy. All the while the prince was boning that lush, Camilla, his real pick. This new demon breed with reign long after we, the wiser, are long dead. That demon spawn will be in its 70's in the 2080s when it's parents are ancient and decrepit rulers of a monarchy that should be dissolved. What will happen to that poor mother in the coming years after her children are sired? It's disturbing to think about.

by Anonymousreply 8012/04/2012

Berenice, but in private they'll call her Honey Boo Boo

by Anonymousreply 8112/04/2012

The only valid name is ... APPLE!

by Anonymousreply 8212/04/2012

Helene and/or Hyacinth for a girl

for a boy: Prince isn't using that symbol anymore

by Anonymousreply 8312/04/2012

Lucy: "I want the name to be unique and euphonious."

Ricky: "Okay. Unique if it's a boy, and Euphonious if it's a girl."

by Anonymousreply 8412/04/2012

The child needs to be named Bushetta.

by Anonymousreply 8512/04/2012

Lemonjello and Oranjello if she sires twins

by Anonymousreply 8612/04/2012

Wallis would be nice if it's a girl.

by Anonymousreply 8712/04/2012

by Anonymousreply 8812/04/2012

They shall name her Grace Von Cutsam Beaverhausen Mountbatten!

by Anonymousreply 8912/04/2012

by Anonymousreply 9012/04/2012

And you know what, r60? Dick Cheney will still be alive.

by Anonymousreply 9112/04/2012

R90 Surely you meant to say "Precious," based on the novel "Push" by Sapphire. That second part can be her middle name.

by Anonymousreply 9212/04/2012

Prunella, if it's a girl.

Algernon, if it's a boy.

by Anonymousreply 9312/04/2012

If he is a boy, try to stay awake: Phillip,Arthur,George,Edward,Andrew,William, Charles or Henry. If it`s a girl, then thats a different story.

Variety, thy name is woman

by Anonymousreply 9412/04/2012

Tremble penisedpersons of the United Kingdom and her realms across the oceans. A new dawn cometh.

All hail Princess Boadicea Sappho Avenga!!!

Hail to thee!!

by Anonymousreply 9512/04/2012

why,certainly Wiltherin if a boy katiam if a girl

by Anonymousreply 9612/04/2012

Is Prince Harry's formal name Harry or Henry? Or Harold? Or...?

by Anonymousreply 9712/04/2012

by Anonymousreply 9812/04/2012

Why is the site censoring the word

Dav i da?

by Anonymousreply 9912/04/2012

by Anonymousreply 10012/04/2012

It will have to be the name of a former Sovereign, so I predict Mary if it's a girl and possibly George if it's a boy.

by Anonymousreply 10112/04/2012

Sister Euphemia of the Five Wounds. "Five Wounds" for short.

by Anonymousreply 10212/04/2012

I wouldn't be surprised if they chose a girl's name that would not result in her regnal name having a post-nomial. Think of all the books written about Queen Victoria, if the Cambridges have a little Victoria as their first-born then the original Vic would become Victoria I and the little one might reign as Victoria II. So all those books would be outdated, sort of. Well maybe I have OCD, but things like that would bug me.

Alexandra is a lovely name, but there would be an Ingrid Alexandra reigning in Norway on roughly the same time, so maybe they wouldn't want a repeat.

Matilda is a hot name right now. While technically this 12th century figure was never crowned queen of England, she did legitimately reign (briefly) as the heiress to a king plus she was Holy Roman Empress-consort. It would be a fine name and nice link to the past.

Queen Alexandra Diane sounds lovely.

by Anonymousreply 10312/04/2012

If it's a boy, will he be uncircumsized like his father or circumcised like his grandfather?

by Anonymousreply 10412/04/2012

In recognition of the child's commonly royal/royally common parentage, William and Kate should choose a name that reflects BOTH their worlds. Something like:

Elizabeth Jade Alexandra Cheryl

Arthur Robbie William Becks

by Anonymousreply 10512/04/2012

Who cares what the name will be. It will change once they become king or queen.

by Anonymousreply 10612/04/2012

Elizabeth's name did not change when she became Queen.

If Elizabeth had died before giving birth to Charles, was Princess Margaret next in line for the throne?

by Anonymousreply 10712/04/2012

by Anonymousreply 10812/04/2012

thanks, r28 and r74, for the Arthur info

by Anonymousreply 10912/04/2012

Theotis. Theotis Wales.

by Anonymousreply 11012/04/2012

[quote]Elizabeth's name did not change when she became Queen.

But it could have. She was legally entitled to take the name Queen Alexandra I, or Queen Mary III, since those are her two other names.

Her great-grandfather, Edward VII (Queen Victoria), was named Albert Edward at birth and was always called "Bertie" by the others in his family. His mother and father expected him to rule as King Albert Edward I, but when his mother died he announced he was not going to use the name "Albert" but just Edward and reign as Edward VII. That's exactly what happened.

When the current queen dies, Prince Charles could take the name King Charles III, Philip I, Arthur I, or George VII (most people think he will take the latter option) based on his four names.

When then Charles dies, William can rule as King William V, Arthur I (or II is his father rules as Arthur I), Philip I (or II if his father rules as Philip I), or Louis I.

[quote]If Elizabeth had died before giving birth to Charles, was Princess Margaret next in line for the throne?

by Anonymousreply 11112/04/2012

Daz. Appropriate bor both a boy and a girl.

by Anonymousreply 11212/04/2012

Think of all the books written about Queen Victoria, if the Cambridges have a little Victoria as their first-born then the original Vic would become Victoria I and the little one might reign as Victoria II. So all those books would be outdated, sort of. Well maybe I have OCD, but things like that would bug me.

That's exactly what happened when the current queen came to the throne. All books before her reign referred to just "Queen Elizabeth"; now people have to refer to her as "Queen Elizabeth I." They survived. So will you if we get a Princess Victoria who becomes Queen Victoria II.

by Anonymousreply 11312/04/2012

[quote]It will have to be the name of a former Sovereign,

No it doesn't. There's absolutely no rule that says that.

The only rule that binds William and Kate is that the current monarch has to agree to the name, and QEII would likely also agree to the name of a previous queen consort, or the name of a previous royal child. For all we know she might even agree to a name new to the royal family, especially if they choose one that doesn't sound especially foreign ("Michael," for example, or "Susan").

by Anonymousreply 11412/04/2012

Frito if it's a boy; Fajita if it's a girl.

by Anonymousreply 11512/04/2012

I love the name Berengaria!, LOL! That would be the next big trendsetter if they went there. Beatrice, btw, is 5th in line to the throne not 4th - Charles, William, Harry, Andrew, Beatrice but William's kid will push them all down one after William.

by Anonymousreply 11612/04/2012

[quote]Why is the site censoring the word Dav i da?

To THWART my wishes, and so KILL an old man!

by Anonymousreply 11712/04/2012

In the news they saying what happens if she's pregnant with twins, boy and girl and she has a C-section and her doctor will decide which child is taken out first and thus heir to the throne.

by Anonymousreply 11812/04/2012

by Anonymousreply 11912/04/2012

by Anonymousreply 12012/04/2012

if it is a girl...does she go behind Prince Harry?...pun intended

by Anonymousreply 12112/04/2012

by Anonymousreply 12212/04/2012

[quote]if it is a girl...does she go behind Prince Harry?

No. She is automatically third in succession after Prince Charles and Prince William, even if she is a girl. Whatever the sex of the child, Harry drops down to fourth in line. This would have been true even without the new rules.

[quote]...pun intended

by Anonymousreply 12312/05/2012

Charles should reign as Charles II, because the other two Charles' were complete fuckups (Charles I was executed for being a tyrant and Charles II was a completely debauched whore). He'd fit right in.

by Anonymousreply 12412/05/2012

[quote]In the news they saying what happens if she's pregnant with twins, boy and girl and she has a C-section and her doctor will decide which child is taken out first and thus heir to the throne.

An article I read said that, if it is a natural birth, it will be a "...race down the birth canal...".

by Anonymousreply 12512/05/2012

by Anonymousreply 12612/05/2012

by Anonymousreply 12712/05/2012

The new British law says the first child born, regardless of the gender will be monarch.

Thus ending the REAL monarchy and beginning with the political PC crap.

by Anonymousreply 12812/05/2012

by Anonymousreply 12912/05/2012

by Anonymousreply 13012/05/2012

I think the new baby should be called Miss Sissy Boodles, a name good for a boy or a girl & a nice shout-out to Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 13112/05/2012

Cunty if it's a girl.

Cocky if it's a boy.

by Anonymousreply 13212/05/2012

We already know it, OP. Diana.

Thread Closed.

by Anonymousreply 13312/05/2012

Either Quine Anne or Quine Camilla.

by Anonymousreply 13412/05/2012

Do you think a boy would be named Arthur? King Arthur

by Anonymousreply 13512/05/2012

R104. If it's a boy, he will be uncircumcised like William and Harry and rest of the UK and Europe. These are civilized people and don't mutilate their boys.

by Anonymousreply 13612/05/2012

They should call the baby Jermajesty. I'll be the child's godfather.

by Anonymousreply 13712/05/2012

Ah, the circumcision troll has arrived. How ARE you, darling?

by Anonymousreply 13812/05/2012

Steven Colbert's prediction if it's a girl:

Diana St. Fuquecamilla.

by Anonymousreply 13912/05/2012

by Anonymousreply 14012/05/2012

R35: I thought Princess Anne gave up her right to any rights to the thrown. and her kids Zara and the boy she gave up their rights

by Anonymousreply 14112/05/2012

What if it is twins? I guess the first born twin would be the next monarch.

by Anonymousreply 14212/05/2012

[quote]I thought Princess Anne gave up her right to any rights to the thrown.

No one would give her a toss.

by Anonymousreply 14312/05/2012

What if she has conjoined twins Which one would get to reign as Monarch?

by Anonymousreply 14412/06/2012

Princess Anne did not give up her rights or her kids rights. She merely declined a noble title for her husband and kids. They can only be bumped from Succession if they marry Roman Catholics. That's it.

by Anonymousreply 14512/06/2012

According to the news, the change in the laws of succession regarding first born, the other change will be that heirs will now be able to marry Roman Catholics.

by Anonymousreply 14612/06/2012

Gouda Quiche

by Anonymousreply 14712/06/2012

Anastasia Beaverhausen

by Anonymousreply 14812/06/2012

Why the hell do William and Kit Kat have to adhere to fucking tradition when naming their kid? Elizabeth didn't come out of thin air, and neither did the names George or Edward. It's time to start making their own traditions...

Oh way...the mother comes from a family with women named Carole and Pippa. Gross.

by Anonymousreply 14912/06/2012

I hear Kate is a big sci-fi fan, so it's going to be T'Pring if its a girl, and Mace Windu if it's a boy.

by Anonymousreply 15012/07/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!