Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Acute Morning Sickness?

What do you think is really going with Kate in that hospital?

by Anonymousreply 5412/07/2012

Gender reassignment surgery.

by Anonymousreply 112/03/2012

No, not "acute morning sickness."

Hyperemesis gravidarum. It used to kill.

Look it up.

by Anonymousreply 212/03/2012

Tannis root.

by Anonymousreply 312/03/2012

Losing a TON of weight and looking great!

by Anonymousreply 412/03/2012

She's being force fed in order to ensure she can carry the baby to full term.

by Anonymousreply 512/03/2012

Kate, out of all the women in the world Satan chose YOU to mother his child!

by Anonymousreply 612/04/2012

I knew a woman who had hyperemesis gravidarum during her pregnancy. She was a rather stout person who ate well so I don't think the condition is related to poor nutrition. She was home in bed for a good part of her pregnancy and lost weight in the first trimester. The child was healthy but the experience was enough to keep her from having another (at least during the time I knew her. I don't know if she went back on this)

by Anonymousreply 712/04/2012

I had a coworker who had it. She was the only person I ever saw who actually developed a greenish tinge. When she started losing weight, the doctor ordered her to bed. She never came back to work, so I don't know the outcome. But it was a lot more than just a little morning nausea.

by Anonymousreply 812/04/2012

Now that's the way to bring attention to yourself. Di throwing herself down the stairs is amateur hour by comparison. Her mother has taught her well.

by Anonymousreply 912/04/2012

Camilla's trying to kill her. Or Pippa.

Hard to tell, really, since neither of them really cares much for her.

by Anonymousreply 1012/04/2012

It was the Queen who helped her get preggies.

After all this time and no kid, the Queen took to the kid's bedroom.

She was all like "Thrust son, thrust." "Quick you little tramp, hold those legs up and pump that sperm into your vag-gina." The Queen never says "Va-GINE-A."

She says "Vag" with a hard "g" "ine-a"

Then she was like "quick pump her again son pump her child bearing hips again. Don't let a bit of your baby batter go to waste. What's going down her thigh is a human being."

The Queen hates the fact Kate already has had six abortions.

by Anonymousreply 1112/04/2012

R11 is completely deranged.

I can honestly say that I've never read a stranger thing on Datalounge before. And that's saying something.

by Anonymousreply 1212/04/2012

A girl I work with had this, the morning sickness lasted all 9 months and she was in and out of hospital for the duration of the pregnancy. This co worker said that in her case the nausea would last all day, but became unbearable at night. She would throw up, but felt no relief like you normally do when you vomit. She said in her case the first time it happened it started at around 10pm and went on until 6am until her husband took her to the hospital where they put her on a drip. Apparently she threw up every night but some nights were worse than others, she ended up in hospital on average about 2-3 times a week. I dont know if she lost weight but she was well into the pregnancy before she gained any weight.

Ive heard some women find it so unbearable they terminate the pregnancy or never have another baby.

by Anonymousreply 1412/04/2012

I like and support R11.

by Anonymousreply 1512/04/2012

Kate just wanted to get out of work.

by Anonymousreply 1612/04/2012

I thought R11 was slightly disturbing but very funny. Disturbing because it's impossible to imagine anything even vaguely sexual taking place in Elizabeth's presence.

by Anonymousreply 1712/04/2012

She has a lazy look about her. And I give R11's post a 7.3. It's not terrible and far from the strangest thing I've seen on her.

by Anonymousreply 1812/04/2012

An alien is going to come tearing out of her stomach any day now.

by Anonymousreply 1912/04/2012

She's lying on her back with her eyes closed, thinking of England.

by Anonymousreply 2112/04/2012

Where did the "she's had 2,5,27 abortions" I keep reading about come from????

by Anonymousreply 2212/04/2012

r20 is Randall Terry.

by Anonymousreply 2312/04/2012

If she's sick until the afternoon and night why do they call it morning sickness? Duh.

Call it pregnancy hurling or something more generic and not time-of-day specific.

Thank you

by Anonymousreply 2412/04/2012

I think the Dr. said Kate had a cute angina but felt it was an inappropriate comment to made to Royalty!

by Anonymousreply 2512/04/2012

The girl was anorexic to start with. Add to that the constant vomiting associated with acute morning sickness and i'd say there's a health risk to the baby. The hospital is giving her IV nutrients. No big scandal here. Move along folks.

by Anonymousreply 2612/04/2012

Is it really any secret that she's too thin and it isn't natural?

by Anonymousreply 2712/04/2012

She's too thin and her body probably keeps trying to miscarry to preserve itself.

by Anonymousreply 2812/04/2012

One of my friends had this with both of her pregnancies. She was in her early/mid-30s & quite healthy: average weight, no tobacco or drugs, very moderate alcohol use, good diet with lots of fresh produce & whole grains, physically active. It sounded like hell to me, dangerous & miserable throughout the term -- I was surprised that she was willing to have a second child. But there is a theory/old wives' tale that the hardest pregnancies produce the healthiest babies, & that was true in her case (though I doubt she'll do it again, now that she has a boy & a girl).

by Anonymousreply 2912/04/2012

Kate doesn't really have a choice does she? She has to have babies.

by Anonymousreply 3012/04/2012

Kate and Wills got word that the BabyMama has demanded more money. If they can't raise the money, then an announcement will be made that Kate "lost" the baby.

by Anonymousreply 3112/04/2012

Kate's hospital 'room' is an entire wing of the hospital, professionally decorated and lined with 24-7 guards. There's 9-12 nurses and at least 2 doctors by her side constantly, and she is never alone for a second. Forget about needing a 'buzzer' to call somebody.

Her sheets are 1600 thread-count, changed hourly. If she feels like eating, there's a gourmet room-service menu.

by Anonymousreply 3212/04/2012

I see R32 is one of our deluded queens who think "the higher the thread count, the better." In reality, 1600-thread-count sheets don't even *exist*, because they'd be literally as thin as a handkerchief.

As for Kate's condition, my sister-in-law had it, too, and the primary reason was that she was carrying twins; since it's more common in twin pregnancies than singles, some of the press are already speculating the doc will have to "make a choice" during delivery, since the first child to come out will be the heir and the second will be the "spare." (This could be particularly interesting if they're identical twins!) Btw my sister-in-law was ill for a few weeks in her second and third months of pregnancy, fine for a few more months, but then put on bed rest for her final month of pregnancy; she ended up carrying the twins *past* term, which is unusual, and both of them were normal-sized, which is even more unusual (particularly since my sis-in-law is a petite 5'2" and slender).

by Anonymousreply 3312/04/2012

r29 I've heard that too. I've heard that not having morning sickness at all is actually a bad sign that something is wrong with the baby or pregnancy.

by Anonymousreply 3412/04/2012

And we see that R33 is one of those deluded, tedious and offensive queens who uses everything (including a joke from another poster) to pounce into a dull anecdote about some twat she knows.

Somebody needs a DP injection of twin baby arms, where it counts.

by Anonymousreply 3612/04/2012

[quote]Just like you'll never be told the truth about someone who has a second or third stillbirth or miscarriage. The real reason? Untreated Chlamydia is usually the culprit.

Um, no, it's not, and you are VERY clearly a fucking idiot considering you don't even appear to know the difference (and there is a BIG difference) between a stillbirth and miscarriage. What's *actually* not talked about is the fact that so many perfectly normal women *do* have at least one miscarriage before producing a healthy child, which has nothing WHATSOEVER to do with STDs. The whole reason women generally refrain from sharing news of their pregnancy until after their first trimester is specifically BECAUSE a miscarriage is such a strong likelihood in the first few months.

by Anonymousreply 3712/04/2012

Pretty sure he was joking.

by Anonymousreply 3812/04/2012

I've just read a bit more about this. Apparently, the condition is associated with an elevated probability of having twins (the higher level of the hormone that causes it is associated with twin births). What I found interesting is that having HG in a first pregnancy is in no way predictive of having it in future pregnancies. What a decision to face if a family wants more than one kid and it's not a twin birth.

Apparently, Charlotte Bronte died of GV in her fourth month of pregnancy.

by Anonymousreply 3912/04/2012

R40 - You seem to be suffering from tertiary syphilis yourself. How often and how long ago did you get fucked up your unprotected orifices to develop your neurosyphilis symptoms?

by Anonymousreply 4112/04/2012

Two married college frieds- when the wife got pregnant- this thing hit her with a vengance. I had to cook food at my houe for my bud her husbad. Any smells/odors started the vomiting. She was on bed rest for 4 months. He was in law school had two night classes. I used to go over and sleep on the floor of her their bedroom those nights. Soetimes she was so week I had to carry her to the bathroom. she got to the point that her collar bones were sticking out. She spent the last month in the hospital. Nice healthy baby boy arrived. They decided to be a one child family.

by Anonymousreply 4212/04/2012

R41, your attack on me just proves one thing: you're guilty of being one of these skanks. Not saying that anybody who has contracted Chlamydia is a skank just the ones who let it fester and became reinfected because they didn't use condoms. Chlamydia is present in the throats and mouths of so many people. If you're not a smoker and keep getting sore throats, just get a blood work up. Men are mostly silent carriers because of lack of symptoms. When people get colds and take antibiotics, the Chlamydia also clears. If you keep putting yourself in danger, you just get reinfected. It festers and causes irreversible damage. It's not like herpes or venereal warts, both incurable. So many are walking around with incurable VENEREAL WARTS in their esophagus and hidden in the urethra. Creams and freezing the warts off is a temporary solution. They reoccur the rest of your life and also cause complications during pregnancy depending how long you've been infected. So back off you disgusting, chance-taking, personality disordered guilt-laden person.

by Anonymousreply 4312/04/2012

[quote]The truth is probably closer to withdrawal from a substance.

Kate Middleton is a druggie, you say? Clearly only you have access to the truth.

[quote]So back off you disgusting, chance-taking, personality disordered guilt-laden person.

Oh, my sides. I love it when people lack insight into their own conditions. Perhaps you have Korsakoff's? That's one of the symptoms.

[quote]your attack on me just proves one thing: you're guilty of being one of these skanks.

Nice demonstration of your neurosyphilic logical skills. Disagreement with you is proof that someone is one of "these skanks" who has had multiple miscarriages or stillbirths! Regardless of his gender...

Keep talking -- your obsessions and fixations are only further evidence that you have a Swiss cheese brain. Where did that come from and how did you get it?

by Anonymousreply 4412/04/2012

It can be a royal pain!

by Anonymousreply 4512/04/2012

[quote]The Queen hates the fact Kate already has had six abortions.

That is an exaggeration.

by Anonymousreply 4612/04/2012

I just realized R35/40/43 hasn't the slightest clue what this site is about or who it caters to. She's not coming up in other threads. Must be a dizzy, hysterical "christian" frau who is just Googling about the royals, acute morning sickness, and wound up here of all places.

by Anonymousreply 4712/04/2012

R47 that poster is a fucking lunatic. Where is she coming up with these imaginary scenarios? Drug addiction? Chlamydia? Stillbirths, abortions and miscarriages? Probably some frau who all her life thought Prince William was going go sweep her off her feet and make a princess of her. And in her delusional state can only malign Kate to make herself feel better. So outrageous. Maybe the girl just has morning sickness!!! Duh!

by Anonymousreply 4812/04/2012

R35 could be on to something! If Kate's been taking Aderrall, it would make sense because she's been expected to learn a lot of information quickly (protocol, etiquette, history) and keep appointments at all hours of the day. Her reliance on it would also explain her rail thin figure (Adderrall suppresses your appetite). She might very well be pregnant, but you'd think her doctors wouldve been more responsible and weaned her off of the drug first.

On the other hand, maybe Kate is as lazy as she seems, and she figured 9 months of bed rest sounded like jolly good fun.

by Anonymousreply 4912/04/2012

R33 is talking out of his ass. 1600 count does exist. How would a higher thread count equal a lighter cloth? What kind of logic is that? Ignorant and offensive. A loser who spends his days arguing with strangers online because IRL everyone has written him off. Did you ever stop to think that the reason you can't get along with anyone lies with YOU?

by Anonymousreply 5012/05/2012

She isn't really pregnant. William is sterile and they took some stuff out of Harry or Charles and planted it in Kate.

Watch the "baby" will be either multiple births or a month premature.

by Anonymousreply 5112/07/2012

She was artificially inseminated with multiple fetuses. They are now scraping out the females and leaving the males.

by Anonymousreply 5212/07/2012

Where's the Chlamydia Troll? That's one of the ore interesting ones we've had lately.

by Anonymousreply 5312/07/2012

She probably has hyperemesis gravidarum as others have noted which when really bad can cause dangerous fluid and electrolyte imbalances (dehydration and metabolic alkalosis). Treatment is IV fluid and electrolytes (!) and sometimes intravenous (parenteral) nutrition, although some can be successfully tube fed below the stomach.

It's not so unusual and my guess is that they were being extra careful for obvious reasons.

by Anonymousreply 5412/07/2012
Need more help? Click Here.