Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hyperemesis gravidarum: 'You just feel like you're dying;' “This is times a thousand morning sickness.”

With the bombshell news that Duchess Kate is pregnant with a royal heir and has been hospitalized with a rare pregnancy complication called hyperemesis gravidarum, there is one thing that Ann Marie King wants to make clear.

“This is not morning sickness,” says King, who suffered from the condition during her pregnancy and later started a support group for sufferers. “This is times a thousand morning sickness.”

by Anonymousreply 2612/04/2012

That fetus is defective -- mark my words.

She will not carry it to term.

by Anonymousreply 112/03/2012

Like, gag me!

by Anonymousreply 212/03/2012

hyperemesis gravidarum is not a rare condition.

by Anonymousreply 312/03/2012

I hope William and Kate's baby is fine. You just know that once Elton John heard the news, he lit a small, single birthday candle, opened a window for the breeze and he started writing a tribute.

by Anonymousreply 412/03/2012

It's not a recognized term in your PPO benefits guide, Kate.

Sorry, but you'll still be expected to show up for work Tuesday. I'll frame Monday's absence as a 'Personal Day'.

Thanks and Feel Better!

by Anonymousreply 512/03/2012

First world problem.

by Anonymousreply 612/03/2012

but is it a boy!!!??

by Anonymousreply 712/03/2012

It'll be a girl.

by Anonymousreply 812/03/2012

[quote] but is it a boy!!!??

It doesn't matter. The laws been changed. This baby (male or female) will succeed William

by Anonymousreply 912/03/2012

It's Rosemary's Baby!

by Anonymousreply 1012/03/2012

Suck it up, princess.

by Anonymousreply 1112/03/2012

For fuck's sake, she'll live. Fans of royalty make me barf. I don't want anything bad to happen to anyone's unborn child, but the fans - I want to put them in a concentration camp.

by Anonymousreply 1212/03/2012

I think Kate has been starving herself for so long that she hates having to eat for two.

by Anonymousreply 1312/03/2012

Pregnant women used to die from hyperemesis gravidarum all the time before modern medicine. It was as common as dying in childbirth.

by Anonymousreply 1412/03/2012

[quote]It was as common as dying in childbirth.

No, the condition is quite rare. Less than 1/2 of 1% of all pregnancies. And of those, not everyone died who had it back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 1512/03/2012

You know, when I heard that Kate was pregnant, I told her to abort. Abort! Abort! Abort! Flush it down the pan, I said! Bring me a knitting needle!

by Anonymousreply 1612/03/2012

OMFG I read this about the disease. Holy shit. And this woman went on apparently to get pregnant AGAIN.

by Anonymousreply 1712/03/2012

[quote] No, the condition is quite rare. Less than 1/2 of 1% of all pregnancies. And of those, not everyone died who had it back in the day.

nope. One in 50 pregnant women experience this

by Anonymousreply 1812/03/2012

Maybe if she wasn't starving herself...

by Anonymousreply 1912/03/2012

[quote]That fetus is defective -- mark my words. She will not carry it to term.

Wow! You have magical prophetic powers!

Make yourself useful: which Lotto numbers should we choose?

by Anonymousreply 2012/03/2012

Never mind him ... what is Nate Silver predicting?

by Anonymousreply 2112/03/2012

r10 - I was thinking the same thing. It's like Rosemary's baby.

After Diana was impregnated, she, too, suffered from severe morning sickness, anorexia and became near suicidal.

And, now, sensible Kate is having problems.

A Windsor fetus taxes the woman carrying it too much - sometimes to the point of madness. However, a Windsor woman can carry any child without difficulty - I understand that Liz, Anne and Margaret had no problems. The babies just slipped out during delivery, too.

It's that family's DNA.

by Anonymousreply 2212/03/2012

It's right out of Anne Rice's "The Witches!"

by Anonymousreply 2312/03/2012

Jessica Lange has offered to help take care of Kate.

Trust me, Kate, check into Briarcliff Manor. Sister Jude will provide extra special care for you and your precious unborn baby.

by Anonymousreply 2412/04/2012

Of course there's a support group. What frau ailment would be complete without one?

by Anonymousreply 2512/04/2012

So tender to the touch.

by Anonymousreply 2612/04/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!