Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Flu season could be a bad one, health officials say

Get your flu shot.

And stop thinking you can catch the flu from the flu shot. You cannot.

by Anonymousreply 2212/04/2012

Whenever someone tells me the flu shot gave them the flu, they go right down to the bottom of the possible promotion list.

by Anonymousreply 112/03/2012

Don't they say this every year?

by Anonymousreply 212/03/2012

I got mine super-early, it was maybe the start of September I think, and I've never gotten it that early - they do last for several months right? I didn't want to get it at that point but my doctor said I might as well since I was in for a check-up. Now I'm all paranoid. I should definitely not get another one, right?

by Anonymousreply 312/03/2012

beefor i gott teh flooshot ,i waz a reel gud spellr ,. and know my pusie is fore a moovie,

by Anonymousreply 412/03/2012

[quote] I got mine super-early, it was maybe the start of September I think, and I've never gotten it that early - they do last for several months right?

They last approx 4-6 months.

by Anonymousreply 512/03/2012

I remember when the public health trolls here only reminded us to use dental dams. Gee, what would we do without all the people converting the DL to another bastion of condescending social networking?

by Anonymousreply 612/03/2012

They say this every year. Who gives a shit.

by Anonymousreply 712/03/2012

No "they" don't, R7. Last year's flu season was predicted to be mild and it was.

by Anonymousreply 812/03/2012

What promotion list, R1? The one that you manage in your dreams?

by Anonymousreply 912/03/2012

The flu strains circulating now are a good match to this year's vaccine, so it still pays to get the shot as one of the strains tends to cause severe symptoms.

by Anonymousreply 1012/03/2012

I invented flu.

by Anonymousreply 1112/03/2012

I heard that in Florida you can "stand your ground" and shoot people who threaten your well being by refusing an immunization.

by Anonymousreply 1212/03/2012

The last 2 years, I got a bad cold immediately after getting a flu shot. Not putting myself through that again this year.

by Anonymousreply 1312/04/2012

They just want to make money off the shots and likely lets the virus out themselves. Scumbags.

by Anonymousreply 1412/04/2012

R13. Your cold was coming on anyway even if you didn't realize it. The flu shot did not cause your cold.

by Anonymousreply 1512/04/2012

You are weakening your body's ability to fight infection. Don't do it.

by Anonymousreply 1612/04/2012

I got the flu shot and I was ill for three days after. I'm warning everyone I know not to get the flu shot because it will make them sick. It's just not the right thing to do. On my facebook I wrote "click like if you won't get ur flu shot this year cuz it made me sick for 3 days" and 27 people liked it.

by Anonymousreply 1712/04/2012

My neighbor Agnes got the flu shot and then died that same day.

Yep she went to the doctor, came home, went to bed and never woke up. Only 92 years old and she died for no apparent reason, of course they don't blame the flu shot, but what else could it be?

by Anonymousreply 1812/04/2012

R15: thank you for posting a fact. You might have a topical reaction to the shot right away but not a systemic one.

R14: Flu shots aren't big moneymakers for pharma companies.

by Anonymousreply 1912/04/2012

I know someone who got the flu shot and the next day the lady who administered the shot died.

by Anonymousreply 2012/04/2012

I got the flu shot then got hit by a bus when I left the clinic.

by Anonymousreply 2112/04/2012

I got the flu shot and the next day I got so sick. I just knew it was wrong to get the flu shot. It's the wrong thing to do. I am 320 pounds and eat at McDonalds three times a day. It wasn't the cheerful young woman who accidentally sneezed into my french fries ("No, that's alright. I'll just take them') that got me sick. IT was that dang flu shot!

by Anonymousreply 2212/04/2012
Need more help? Click Here.