Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I think I have stomach flu - any advice?

Just started last night

I have no appetite. The sight of food makes me nauseous. I almost threw up. My stomach feels full, but is doing tidal waves. I've already did the number #2 three times, yet I feel the need to push out.

Any SERIOUS advice?

Currently drinking Ginger Ale.

by Anonymousreply 812/03/2012

I don't think there is an actually illness as "stomach flu"

You probably ate something bad and it's causing the disturbance.

by Anonymousreply 112/03/2012

I'm also feeling a bit cold

So any advice on food poising?

by Anonymousreply 212/03/2012

Did you by any chance dine at Guy Fieri's new Times Square eatery?

by Anonymousreply 312/03/2012

I've also had stomach flu (no, r1, stomach flu is not really the name of an illness, it's simply a way of describing a stomach bug) this week. Wonder if it's going around.

by Anonymousreply 412/03/2012

Take a hot bath. Fill up the tub so it comes up to your stomach. Take a face cloth, wet it with the hot water and keep that on your stomach while you are in the tub. That's the only thing that works for me when I have stomach problems. I'll spend almost 2 or 3 days in the bath tub when I'm sick

by Anonymousreply 512/03/2012

For food poisoning (usually accompanied by diarrhea and/or vomiting), you will usually get better in a couple of days. The goal is to make you feel better and make sure your body has the proper amount of fluids.

Getting enough fluids and learning what to eat will help keep you comfortable. You may need to:

Manage the diarrhea

Control nausea and vomiting

Get plenty of rest

by Anonymousreply 612/03/2012

Everyone around my office is sick. I got it too. Immodium in the middle of the night!

by Anonymousreply 712/03/2012
Need more help? Click Here.