Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Newest Hollywood Feud -- Adam Levine vs Honey Boo Boo

Adam Levine slams Honey Boo Boo's family, calls show 'decay of Western civilization'

By Ree Hines, TODAY contributor

Pageant-princess-turned-reality-TV star Alana "Honey Boo Boo" Thompson may have convinced TLC viewers to "redneckonize" her and her offbeat family on their hit show, "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo," but not everyone is a fan of their down-home hijinks.

In a recent Q&A with GQ magazine, "Voice" coach and Maroon 5 frontman Adam Levine was asked if he'd rather wake up without fame or wake up as one of Honey Boo Boo's parents, and in response, he made his feelings about the folks and the show completely clear.

"Seriously, '(Here Comes) Honey Boo Boo' is the DECAY of Western civilization," he said. "Just because so many people watch the show doesn't mean it's good. So many people witness atrocities and can't take their eyes away from them, but that doesn't mean they're good. That show is literally The. Worst. Thing. That's. Ever. Happened." As for Honey Boo Boo's parent's, aka Mama June and Sugar Bear, Levine devoted much of his rant to them.

"It's complete f---ing ignorance and the most despicable way to treat your kids," he continued. "F--- those people. You can put that in the magazine: F--- those idiots. They're just the worst. Sorry, I'm so sensitive to that — like, I don't know, man, it's upsetting. Just to clarify, I said, 'F--- THOSE PEOPLE.'"

Although he never directly answered GQ's original question, it seems safe to say Levine would rather go fame free than have anything to do with the Boo Boo bunch.

by Anonymousreply 4001/09/2013

Oh, please. Like taking photos like this isn't trashy and whoring yourself. Before you talk about the 'decay' of Western Civilization, take a look in the mirror.

by Anonymousreply 112/03/2012

The Voice is right up there with the Metropolitan Opera, don't ya know.

by Anonymousreply 212/03/2012

Yes, Adam, you're right up there with Winston Churchill and C.S. Lewis. Except that your wars are with six-year-old beauty pageant contestants (instead of, you know, Hitler) and your wardrobe is full of metrosexual nightmares (instead of, you know, great literature).

by Anonymousreply 312/03/2012

One of those celebs that I just wish would stop talking. I think I kind of like him ...and then he says stupid shit like this.

Uhhhhhhhhh .....does anyone under 25 even know what a payphone is anymore ?? If so, they certainly don't use them anymore in 2012.

by Anonymousreply 412/03/2012

[quote] Just because so many people watch the show doesn't mean it's good. So many people witness atrocities and can't take their eyes away from them, but that doesn't mean they're good. That show is literally The. Worst. Thing. That's. Ever. Happened.

Indeed. And everywhere one turns.

by Anonymousreply 512/03/2012

Says the man responsible for Maroon Five.

by Anonymousreply 612/03/2012

I only have one TV channel so have not seen the show. Everyone loves a train wreck. I don't think I am missing anything because a family much like the boos lived next to me for a few years

by Anonymousreply 712/03/2012

He does realize that 'Honey Boo Boo' is more 'real American' than shows like the Housewives franchise. I don't think there's anything wrong with what June is doing - she's grabbing a buck for her family while she can. And honestly, I'd rather watch them than The Voice.

by Anonymousreply 812/03/2012

I'd much rather hang out with Mama June than listen to 'Moves Like Jagger,' the worst pop song to come along in quite awhile, and that's really saying something.

by Anonymousreply 912/03/2012

The über-rich chastising the poor for their poverty....nothing new here in America.

by Anonymousreply 1012/03/2012

"Real Housewives of New Jersey is the bestest anecdote to Boo Boo. We have the ingrediences for sucsess.

by Anonymousreply 1112/03/2012

[quote]"Seriously, '(Here Comes) Honey Boo Boo' is the DECAY of Western civilization," he said. "Just because so many people watch the show doesn't mean it's good. So many people witness atrocities and can't take their eyes away from them, but that doesn't mean they're good. That show is literally The. Worst. Thing. That's. Ever. Happened."

I've been amazed by the people who accept the Kardashians, the Super Sweet Sixteen Whatevers, and all the other reality shows about completely horrible trashy rich people, but blanch at the sight of a poor family that's trashy.

by Anonymousreply 1212/03/2012

Bingo, R12. The thing about Honey Boo Boo's family is they're living honestly, and they show genuine love for each other. They're probably a lot more socially compassionate as well.

by Anonymousreply 1312/03/2012

[quote]That show is literally The. Worst. Thing. That's. Ever. Happened. Gurlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 1412/03/2012

And Honey Boo Boo's family is pro-gay. They are way ahead of much of this country in that regard.

They also raise money for an anti-bullying organization. I bought their t-shirt.

by Anonymousreply 1512/03/2012

R12 Give me a break. Honey Boo Boo is far from poor. They're playing the uneducated hick stereotype all the way to the bank.

I don't accept any of it. To me, they're all famewhores exploiting themselves for a quick buck and instant, meaningless fame. Nothing genuine and honest about any of these scripted "reality" shows.

Feel sorry for the real poor people who are struggling to make ends meet. Stop sobbing over millionares.

by Anonymousreply 1612/03/2012

Where does Adam fucking Levine get off calling anyone else the decay of Western civilization?

Oh no wait, he doesn't actually know what that means - he's just yapping, as usual.

Go fuck a model, Adam. It's your only real interest anyway. Leave Western Civ to the professionals.

by Anonymousreply 1712/03/2012

Doesn't it take 2 sides to have a fued?

by Anonymousreply 1812/03/2012

My momma said that Adam Levine can come lick her maroon, 5 centimeter sphincter.

by Anonymousreply 1912/03/2012

R12, they are poor as shit. Since the show started they have more money but I think the whole family gets a whopping 15 grand an episode.

Maroon 5 is the Nickelback of shitty, "alternative" rock. He's a terrible person.

by Anonymousreply 2012/03/2012

LOL @ R19.

by Anonymousreply 2112/03/2012

Uncle Poodle!

by Anonymousreply 2212/03/2012

Is it wrong that I like Adam Levine's music?

by Anonymousreply 2312/04/2012

Someone should he'st "alternative" and "edgy" band is basically a Color Me Badd member with worse ink and songs with less staying power. He will as relevant as Timmy T in the next view years.

by Anonymousreply 2412/04/2012

Why do people deliberately watch/read/listen to trash they KNOW they won't like, then go about, DEEPLY OFFENDED, slamming the trash as if they'd been frced to consume it?

I have never watched one second of Honey Boo Boo, The Kardashians, or any of those shows people watch, then decry. And when people ask me if I'd seen such--and-such, and how HORRIBLE it is, I just say, Nope, not interested. Done and done.

And no, I'm no snob. To my family's and friends' surprise and amusement, I actually love Duck Dynasty.

by Anonymousreply 2512/04/2012

Adam's right. This is simply the worst thing that has ever happened.

by Anonymousreply 2612/04/2012

I watched Duck Dynasty the other night and I must say one of those guys (the younger brother, or whatever relation he is) appears that he might just be a hottie underneath all that hair.

by Anonymousreply 2712/04/2012

I'm talking about the 3rd one from the left, in the black cap. He looks like he'd be pretty handsome shaved and with a good haircut.

by Anonymousreply 2812/04/2012

DAMN!! Here are all the Duck Dynasty boys without beards. They're all lookers (or at least were).

by Anonymousreply 2912/04/2012

Levine acts like Maroon 5 is the 2nd coming of the Beatles. I wish he'd go away along with the TV trash. His voice is like fingernails on chalkboard to me.

by Anonymousreply 3012/04/2012

His tattoos define declining trashy civilization.

by Anonymousreply 3112/04/2012

So, Adam Levine's ugly tattoos make him less trashy? Talk about the pot calling the kettle!

by Anonymousreply 3212/04/2012

Oh mommy, there's this guy with tattoos, he is so trashy- he looks like a prisoner, it's DISGUSTING. He looks like trash, but he isn't campy like Honey BB. You warned me about these awful, cheap girls.

by Anonymousreply 3312/04/2012

Oh yeah, R29. Jase is smokin' hot and a very clever wiseass. Just my type. Willie could stand to lose a few, but he's pretty hot, too. Gorgeous eyes.

Too bad about those bony, pallid wives, thigh.

by Anonymousreply 3412/04/2012

Well smell her!

by Anonymousreply 3501/09/2013

r28 and r29 there is a contrived episode where he had to hold his shirt over his head for an extended period of time. It was clearly to show how good looking he was, not exactly six pack but close to it.

by Anonymousreply 3601/09/2013

Oh, and one other thing, the characters on Honey Boo Boo and Duck Dynasty get along, they like each other, they are families which support each other. Americans apparently are liking this, which may show a turning away from all those other so-called 'reality" shows based on horrible people who fight with each other all the time (e.g. Real Housewives.) Not saying Boo Boo and Duck is not contrived but this is a difference and maybe a good sign not a bad one, Mr. Levine. (Although is sexy.)

by Anonymousreply 3701/09/2013

Adam Levine = Honey Boo Boo

by Anonymousreply 3801/09/2013

R12,

if that family is "acting" they must have studied under Stella Adler herself.

by Anonymousreply 3901/09/2013

They obviously interviewed him prior to the premiere of Vanderpump Rules. Honey Boo Boo is *second* worst.

by Anonymousreply 4001/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.