Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Jesus, look at the temperatures across the US!

It's December 3rd and half the upper midwest is in the 60s. The north is in the 50s.

Is it ever going to get cold again?

by Anonymousreply 3912/04/2012

weather map link

by Anonymousreply 112/03/2012

Yes, in the Northeast on Wed.

by Anonymousreply 412/03/2012

65 in Philly at the moment

by Anonymousreply 512/03/2012

Don't be frightened by climate change. Rather be frightened by those who deny it and do not want to take any action in reponse to it.

by Anonymousreply 712/03/2012

I can't find a freezing temp anywhere in the US today.

by Anonymousreply 912/03/2012

It was cold (low 20's and snowing off and on) and it's 60 now, suppose to get up to 67

by Anonymousreply 1012/03/2012

We're havin' a heat wave!

A tropical heat wave!

by Anonymousreply 1112/03/2012

70 in Denver yesterday! I really miss cross country skiing...there is not enough snow at the nordic centers yet. They had a short season last year too, because it was so warm and dry. They are losing so much money.

by Anonymousreply 1212/03/2012

We didn't even have a winter last year. Please don't make this Round 2.

by Anonymousreply 1312/03/2012

Just saw this on my fb feed:

"Is God just pre-heating his oven before 12-21-12?"

by Anonymousreply 1412/03/2012

I had the A/C on last night.

by Anonymousreply 1512/03/2012

R16, do you refer to Cooper Anderson?

by Anonymousreply 1612/03/2012

[quote]Is it ever going to get cold again?

I hope it doesn't.

I fucking hate winter.

Nice and warm in Philly today.

Love it!

No coats.

by Anonymousreply 1712/03/2012

I'm vising San Diego, where it's 65-70 out, and the department stores are full of heavy wool coats.

Seriously, who the fuck buys a heavy wool coat in San Diego?

by Anonymousreply 1812/04/2012

R19, us SoCal natives like to pretend. Blame Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 1912/04/2012

Henceforth, there will be no such thing as winter.

We will have three seasons - Spring, Summer, and Fall. That's it.

By the time the CO2 takes over our planet, there will only be one season: BOILING HOT.

We're already there, people.

by Anonymousreply 2012/04/2012

Las Vegas: The average for this month is normally a high of 56 degrees, a low of about 32 degrees.

For the last few weeks, it's been around 66-73 degrees high, around the high forties, low fifties as the low. The leaves are just falling now.

I have cacti I have to wrap in burlap every year so they don't get frostbitten. I haven't so far this year. It's not even close.

by Anonymousreply 2112/04/2012

Some of you people are the dumbest motherfuckers I've ever had the displeasure of knowing existed.

Do you understand the point of winter? Do you understand why we *need* it to get really cold?

Among other things, it kills off millions of insect eggs that don't get to be born and wreak havoc on our vegetation or spread disease.

Do you enjoy the smell of poison being sprayed around your neighborhood? Because that smell will be year 'round if those eggs that should've frozen up get to hatch.

by Anonymousreply 2212/04/2012

I love the smell of chemicals.

by Anonymousreply 2312/04/2012

r18 would have been singing and laughing all the way into the gas chambers.

by Anonymousreply 2412/04/2012

This is only the beginning, my friend, ooonnnly the fuckin' beginning! If any of you want to do anything about it you'd better start planting as many trees as you can, start supporting environmental organizations such as Nature Conservancy, People Who Plant Trees or even American Rivers. Fuck the cure for cancer shit, let 'em go, the more people there are the worse it's going to get. Get out of the stupid mindset that says "sad" when there is death and "happy" when there is a birth. You bitches better prepare yourselves for food rationing because if agriculture keeps suffering from droughts and/or floods that may be around the corner too.

by Anonymousreply 2512/04/2012

It's almost as if God is somehow saying, "OK, you don't like winter where I want winter and snow? Here, I'll give you Hawaii or Arizona in Pennsylvania and New York, but you'd better start getting used to floods, huge destructive storms like Sandy and destruction of your food supply---and by the way, the Jews were right about Me and the Amish were correct about lifestyle".

by Anonymousreply 2612/04/2012

Another consideration is that planting loads of trees will in its own way upset the ecosystem.

We're trying to help, but trees have their own rhyme and reason for where they live and when we over plant them we may be destroying its microclimate and soil.

The point is, we really don't know what we are getting into and somehow our best intentions seem to fuck eveything over even more so.

by Anonymousreply 2712/04/2012

In the world in which we live, r28, the rate of trees demolished to trees planted is about 1,000,000 to 1, so... no worries there.

by Anonymousreply 2812/04/2012

Overplanting has to be the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. Who made that up, Monsanto?

We have deforested so much of this planet I'm sure we'd have to plant over 100 million trees before we got anywhere near overplanting.

by Anonymousreply 2912/04/2012

81 and partly cloudy here in Houston. Pretty much the same forecast for the next seven days. While it's not unusual for South Texas to be *occasionally* warm in late fall and winter, constant 80-degree temperatures for the first half of December is most definitely NOT the norm.

by Anonymousreply 3012/04/2012

OP needs to learn to speak without the Religious intro.

by Anonymousreply 3112/04/2012

I'm sure if Jesus was and is all that is said to be true about him, he doesn't need someone telling him to look at temperatures across the US--he already knows.....

by Anonymousreply 3212/04/2012

Its not the amount of trees--it is the species and area that counts.

Some have very deep roots and require more water. Others can literally become like weeds and invade and push out other trees.

I know for a fact that many tree-planters are ot being careful enough about what they're planting and why.

by Anonymousreply 3312/04/2012

What? I don't see anything odd at all.

by Anonymousreply 3412/04/2012

Using his name as a colorful expression, rather than directly referring to him is closer to taking one's name in vain, so it is acceptable here.

by Anonymousreply 3512/04/2012

I remember a Christmas when it was 64 degrees in NY. It was the early 1960s.

by Anonymousreply 3612/04/2012

Philly here. Have seen many people wearing shorts.

by Anonymousreply 3712/04/2012

I went to see my parents for Thanksgiving in MN and, it snowed about an inch on Thanksgiving Day(after being sunny and mid 50s when I arrived earlier on Thanksgiving Day, and was no higher than 25 for the rest of the time I was there (until Nov. 26).

Granted, it warmed up again, but to answer someone's question - yes it will get cold again.

Weather queens are the worst. There's a thread like this every time it's unseasonably warm. We get it. Global warming - there aren't many deniers on DL. The temps can be pleasant and enjoyable, yet disturbing in the big picture.

by Anonymousreply 3812/04/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!