Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Breaking: William and Kate expecting

Just now on CNN

by Anonymousreply 8412/04/2012

That's great. Hope the morning sickness eases. Britain just took one collective huge sigh.

by Anonymousreply 112/03/2012

Oh FUCK. Here we go.....

by Anonymousreply 212/03/2012

[quote] Britain just took one collective huge sigh.

Nobody really gives a fuck about the Royal family in the UK. Americans probably give more of a crap.

by Anonymousreply 312/03/2012

I should bring her some mousse. I hope she doesn't notice the chalky undertaste.

by Anonymousreply 412/03/2012

Bookcase if it's a boy, and Hat if it's a girl!

by Anonymousreply 512/03/2012

[quote] Britain just took one collective huge sigh.

Maybe the Britain of your fantasies. But in reality, no one in the UK under the age of 90 cares two shits about the royal family.

by Anonymousreply 612/03/2012

All hail Princess iPhone!

by Anonymousreply 712/03/2012

[quote]Nobody really gives a fuck about the Royal family in the UK.

[quote]But in reality, no one in the UK under the age of 90 cares two shits about the royal family.

British people always like to say this. And yet, if you look at the headlines for British papers and magazines, it's all royals, royals, royals.

If really no one cared, the newspapers and magazines wouldn't sell.

by Anonymousreply 812/03/2012

here is the link to the story

by Anonymousreply 912/03/2012

r6, you'd give two shits if the only tourist attraction in your country no longer existed.

Seriously, I think Disneyland is ridiculous, too, however you don't hear Floridians complaing about it.

That's the proper perspective on the Royals-they're the equivalent of any other major tourist atraction.

Face it- your shithole economy needs the royals, otherwise who would bother with the UK?

by Anonymousreply 1012/03/2012

W&W for R4

by Anonymousreply 1112/03/2012

Someone must give a shit because after their wedding there were thousands outside that balcony.

by Anonymousreply 1212/03/2012

Upping the original thread.

by Anonymousreply 1312/03/2012

*yawn*

by Anonymousreply 1412/03/2012

It will be a boy. Is this Kate's big "fuck you" to Japanese Crown Princess Masako?

by Anonymousreply 1512/03/2012

[quote]Seriously, I think Disneyland is ridiculous, too, however you don't hear Floridians complaing about it.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 1612/03/2012

[quote] Maybe the Britain of your fantasies. But in reality, no one in the UK under the age of 90 cares two shits about the royal family.

So all those people in the streets for the weddings and the Queen's jubilee are tourists?

by Anonymousreply 1712/03/2012

We'll be hearing about this child for the rest of our fucking lives, so you'd better get ready.

by Anonymousreply 1812/03/2012

Disneyland is in California. Disney World is in Florida.

by Anonymousreply 1912/03/2012

[quote] So all those people in the streets for the weddings and the Queen's jubilee are tourists?

Many of them are. The rest are silly royalists, insanely old people, BNP-ers, and fraus taking the kids out for the day.

by Anonymousreply 2012/03/2012

Britain has had so many dull kings but no dull queens. I hope they have a I n girl.

by Anonymousreply 2112/03/2012

Ayb, comment please.

by Anonymousreply 2212/03/2012

[quote] Seriously, I think Disneyland is ridiculous, too, however you don't hear Floridians complaing about it.

That's because Disneyland isn't in Florida.

by Anonymousreply 2312/03/2012

Isn't this how Anne Boleyn started?

by Anonymousreply 2412/03/2012

[quote]Many of them are. The rest are silly royalists, insanely old people, BNP-ers, and fraus taking the kids out for the day.

But at r3 you said quite clearly, "Nobody really gives a fuck about the Royal Family in the UK." Now you're admitting that there are many in the UK who do.

You need to get your story straight.

by Anonymousreply 2512/03/2012

Did they pass the law where the first born is the monarch, regardless of sex?

by Anonymousreply 2612/03/2012

R25 If you are too stupid to not realize that R3 and R20 are not the same person, then you're too stupid do be using a computer.

by Anonymousreply 2712/03/2012

Wait till William finds out who the real father is!

by Anonymousreply 2812/03/2012

As if the bitch isn't lazy enough, Kate will be spending a week in the hospital...due to morning sickness?! Considering her reaction to the daunting mission of carrying a fetus for a whole two weeks (if that), I doubt she'll make it to the first trimester. But at least the Christmas holiday will be filled with some good manufactured cheer before Phil croaks.

by Anonymousreply 2912/03/2012

Savannah Guthrie just shit her pants!

by Anonymousreply 3012/03/2012

I just had on BBC. England is very excited. All gushing and happy that I could see.

by Anonymousreply 3112/03/2012

[quote]Bookcase if it's a boy, and Hat if it's a girl! by: Gwyneth

I couldn't stop laughing at this one. Except I can't figure out if they're supposed to be her suggestions for appropriate names or a christening gift for the baby.

by Anonymousreply 3212/03/2012

The Queen and Prince Charles were first told of the pregnancy this morning.

by Anonymousreply 3312/03/2012

It's interesting the report says she was admitted to the hospital with acute morning sickness. I recall reading that the family was very unsympathetic to Diana during her bouts of morning sickness when pregnant with William. They thought she should tough it out. Princess Ann was particularly bitchy about it. Apparently, the Windsor women hadn't experienced it (some women never do) so they thought no one else should or would.

by Anonymousreply 3412/03/2012

Not a good sign that she's in hospital. Let's hope that the media leave them alone - now and over the next 38 weeks.

by Anonymousreply 3512/03/2012

[quote]You need to get your story straight.

Yeah, because this topic is of such crucial importance.

by Anonymousreply 3612/03/2012

It'll be a girl. Kate will not outdo Diana with two boys right off the bat.

by Anonymousreply 3712/03/2012

R3 needs to put in bigger ear spacers and increase her Prince Albert gauge so she can still appear "edgy."

Petal, if you think nobody in the UK cares about this you are seriously deluded.

by Anonymousreply 3812/03/2012

What a clever little minx. When Diana was carrying Wills she regularly threw herself down the stairs to get someone to pay attention to her. Charles could have given a fuck. Kate upchucks her dinner and gets to rest up and have the whole country fell sorry for her. Her mother trained her well. And as an added bonus, she can't eat anything for a week.

by Anonymousreply 3912/03/2012

[quote]Nobody really gives a fuck about the Royal family in the UK. Americans probably give more of a crap.

You tried this last year, hon. Brits are obsessed with the Royals. They were even polled. Come to grips with your country.

by Anonymousreply 4012/03/2012

[quote]Britain has had so many dull kings but no dull queens. I hope they have a I n girl.

Well, there's the whole debate over whether a girl can be next in line to the throne. It's always been the boy, even if he's born after the first-born girl.

by Anonymousreply 4112/03/2012

The irony about Florida: it's the Brits #1 holiday destination. All that sun on their pasty white skin.

by Anonymousreply 4212/03/2012

The British government has agree to change the law making the first born the first child in line regardless of sex.

by Anonymousreply 4312/03/2012

They'll probably change it, being that they have the most popular queen in history, and everyone all for equality, and blah, blah, blah. Watch it pop out a boy though. Stupid, Kate.

by Anonymousreply 4412/03/2012

[quote]The irony about Florida: it's the Brits #1 holiday destination. All that sun on their pasty white skin.

I'd much rather see some pasty-white Brits than one more goddamned Mexican.

by Anonymousreply 4512/03/2012

Primetime must be off.

by Anonymousreply 4612/03/2012

[quote]I'd much rather see some pasty-white Brits than one more goddamned Mexican.

When I read this, I hear Roger The Alien's voice from "American Dad" in my head. lmao

by Anonymousreply 4712/03/2012

Actually r47 I was aiming for this, but close enough.

by Anonymousreply 4812/03/2012

I'm r45 at r48. Sorry, one cocktail too many.

by Anonymousreply 4912/03/2012

Ladbroke's current odds for the baby's name:

Elizabeth 8/1

Frances 10/1

John 10/1

Charles 10/1

Diana 12/1

Anne 12/1

James 12/1

George 14/1

Mary 14/1

Philip 14/1

Richard 16/1

Edward 16/1

Catherine 16/1

Sarah 16/1

Spencer 20/1

Andrew 20/1

David 20/1

Jessica 20/1

Victoria 20/1

Alexander 20/1

I am frankly surprised "John" is given such high odds, since that is famously an unlucky name for British royal princes.

I am also surprised these are not higher on the list:

Michael (the name of Kate's adored father)

Caroline (the name of two previous British queens, and a feminine form of "Charles"--and also akin to "Carole," the name of Kate's mother)

Charlotte (another feminine form of "Charles," and the name of a much beloved former English queen)

Philippa (the full name of Kate's sister Pippa, and also the name of a much beloved former British queen)

I can tell you that though they will almost certainly give Diana as one of the middle names for a girl, they will NOT give it to her as a first name. The current queen would not brook a future Queen Diana for a second.

by Anonymousreply 5012/03/2012

r44 -they've already changed it.

"At the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting 2011, it was announced that the 16 heads of government had agreed unanimously that laws governing the succession would be changed,[bold] so that sons of any future monarch would no longer be preferred over daughters.[/bold] This change will not apply retroactively, and will only affect the descendants of the current heir apparent, Charles, Prince of Wales.

by Anonymousreply 5112/03/2012

Kate is expecting. William is awaiting.

by Anonymousreply 5212/03/2012

What happens if she has boy + girl twins delivered by C-section? Would they pluck the boy out first?

by Anonymousreply 5312/03/2012

R40, it's not just the Brits - Americans are fascinated by Royalty and the aristocracy. Look at how popular British shows like Downton Abbey are.

by Anonymousreply 5412/03/2012

[quote]Caroline (the name of two previous British queens, and a feminine form of "Charles"--and also akin to "Carole," the name of Kate's mother)

[quote]Charlotte (another feminine form of "Charles," and the name of a much beloved former English queen)

While they are better than the other female names, would they choose the names of women from another prominent royal family even if they're considered lesser or tacky royals?

Jessica? Where did this come from? It's too modern and doesn't have royal precedent, does it?

by Anonymousreply 5512/03/2012

The real tragedy of this is what a script it is, and an old one too. They've followed the previous Charles/Diana story to the letter except that Kate isn't as good at PR and if she does start opening her mouth the plebs probably won't like her.

She is curiously silent at the moment, is she not?

The other pathetic thing is it was wheeled out the last time the Establishment were busy taking more from the poor than they had previously, in the early-mid 80s.

It's worked though. People really are that easily programmable, I'm sorry to say.

I think this year was a watershed for the UK- we finally completely lost it. The last vestiges of critical thinking in the general public consigned to the dustbin on a tide of Union Jack waving, fireworks and sport. All masking the most callous set of government policies since the Industrial Revolution.

All of this, was a script that began anew with the Royal Wedding. Which came at a time when Republicanism (not your kind) was gaining a lot of public support. But that's all been quashed again for *another* generation. 80% of the UK are idiots.

There you go, my 2p.

by Anonymousreply 5612/03/2012

It will never be Jessica. William's ex is named Jessica (Jecca Craig). But it's an old name, my grandmother was Jessica and she'd be over 100 if she was still around.

by Anonymousreply 5712/03/2012

[quote]While they are better than the other female names, would they choose the names of women from another prominent royal family even if they're considered lesser or tacky royals?

Yes. All these kinds of names are considered fair game among all the European royal families: remember, the crown princess of Sweden was named "Victoria" (a name that sounds to most people it belongs to the British if ever there were one).

Also, the British royal family just doesn't much care about what the Grimaldis do one way or the other--they're not even genuinely "royal" at all (that is, they have no king or queen), but only a princely family. (Thus they cannot use the honorific "His/Her Royal Highness," but only "His/Her Serene Highness.")

by Anonymousreply 5812/03/2012

BUMP.

by Anonymousreply 5912/03/2012

[quote]She is curiously silent at the moment, is she not?

Nausea, gagging, vomiting, and hospital walls do tend to get in the way.

by Anonymousreply 6012/03/2012

Do you think Prince Harry got Kate pregnant?

by Anonymousreply 6112/03/2012

[quote] it was announced that the 16 heads of government had agreed unanimously that laws governing the succession would be changed, so that sons of any future monarch would no longer be preferred over daughters. This change will not apply retroactively, and will only affect the descendants of the current heir apparent, Charles, Prince of Wales.

Forgive my ignorance, but isn't there a rather large difference between agreeing that the succession laws would be changed and *actually* changing them in 16 legislatures?

If they haven't done it by the time the kid's born and it's not retroactive, wouldn't a baby girl be SOL?

by Anonymousreply 6212/03/2012

[quote]Forgive my ignorance, but isn't there a rather large difference between agreeing that the succession laws would be changed and *actually* changing them in 16 legislatures?

It's already a done deal. Nothing more needs to be done--no one else needs to vote on it.

by Anonymousreply 6312/03/2012

If issa girl, she gwin'a name her "Victoria Eugenie."

by Anonymousreply 6412/03/2012

ayb's is the only opinion that matters in this thread, and once again, he offers intelligent analysis.

by Anonymousreply 6512/03/2012

r65 = ayb

by Anonymousreply 6612/03/2012

ayb is a little too anti-Royal for my liking

by Anonymousreply 6712/03/2012

Parliament and the Crown Commonwealth nations have not yet actually passed the legislation to change the succession, so it's not law yet.

by Anonymousreply 6812/03/2012

Crown Commonwealth realms, places where Queen Elizabeth is head of the constitutional monarchy. These are the ones that would have to agree to a change in the monarchical succession.

Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Grenada, Jamaica, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Solomon Islands, Tuvalu, United Kingdom

by Anonymousreply 6912/03/2012

Kate saw how Diana was treated and is doing the smart and wise thing.

Of course, it's been speculated that either Diana or her middle name will be a part of the kids name. A fitting tribute to Diana, as how it should be.

Meanwhile, the stories of Elizabeth "giving" the kids time to have a child is typical royal PR. She is is too old and senile to have much of a say in anything anymore. We all saw that when she groped Michelle Obama and did that pathetic James Bond commercial.

I would be surprised if she even knows who Will and Kate are.

by Anonymousreply 7012/03/2012

"Jessica" is being speculated as one of the possible names because it's the name of Kate's oldest and dearest friend. However, the queen forbade Fergie's attempts to name her first child "Annabel" because it had no precedent in the royal family and the girl was in possible position to inherit the throne, so Fergie fell back on "Beatrice" because it was the name of one of Queen Victoria's daughters.

So expect "Jessica" and "Spencer" (which I also heard bruited about today) to be out then as possible first names. The child will have to have a name with royal precedent: the queen will insist on it, and one of the very few powers she still has is final say over the naming of royal children.

I would think "Caroline," "Mary," "Charlotte" and "Alice" would be the most likely first names for a girl; "George," "James," "Edmund," and "Albert" to be the most likely names for a boy.

by Anonymousreply 7112/03/2012

I think if it's a boy it will be James. In a nod to Scotland where the met.

by Anonymousreply 7212/03/2012

James is also the name of Kate's brother, so it's a likely choice.

by Anonymousreply 7312/03/2012

Does anyone know how the Tuvalu parliamentary vote might go with respect to changing the rules on heredity of the monarchy? I've been hearing varying opinions. Where is Poll Troll when one needs him? What is the word on the Tuvalu street, among everyday Tuvaluvians?

by Anonymousreply 7412/03/2012

Now Harry will have another inconvenience to eliminate.

by Anonymousreply 7512/03/2012

Unfortunately, James is already taken by Prince Edward's son. I'm thinking it will be George or John. Albert brings to mind that fat sleazebag from Monaco.

by Anonymousreply 7612/04/2012

George if it is a boy (Elizabeth's father's name)

and Diana if a girl - breaking tradition, but will be enormously popular and emotionally charged.

by Anonymousreply 7712/04/2012

Diana for a girl would be a huge fuck you to Charles and especially Camilla. Queen Diana has a nice ring to it.

by Anonymousreply 7812/04/2012

[quote]Unfortunately, James is already taken by Prince Edward's son.

It won't matter--he won't even be this baby's first cousin. They don't "save" names among themselves, and they also don't think it's unlucky to share names with living relatives (i.e. they're not Jewish).

by Anonymousreply 7912/04/2012

[quote]Albert brings to mind that fat sleazebag from Monaco.

Not for the British royal family. They're barely aware he exists (because he's not HRH). Albert for them always means Albert, the Prince Consort.

by Anonymousreply 8012/04/2012

They'll almost certainly use Diana for a middle name if it's a girl, but I sincerely doubt they would use it for a first name.

by Anonymousreply 8112/04/2012

I like Ringo, for either a boy or a girl!

by Anonymousreply 8212/04/2012

It'll be "Diana" over my dead body. Oh, wait...

by Anonymousreply 8412/04/2012
Need more help? Click Here.