Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Looking for advice on foot baths

I want to get a foot bath for my BF for x-mas. He's works in a hospital and he's on his feet for the most part of his 8-12 hr shift. Every night that he works he comes home and sits with his feet in the bathtub for at least an hour to ease the pain. He's been to to a podiatrist who (after x-rays and even an MRI) said his feet are in great shape and there is nothing wrong with his feet (except for all the pain). Tho he did convinced my BF to get a pair of $150 orthotics which did him no good at all. He's tried just about every type of shoe out there. The only thing that seems to help is soaking his feet.

I've started looking online for foot baths and they all look so very much the same. The only deffetance seems to be the prices, from $25 to over $150. I know I want one that will keep the water hot, but I don't know if one that bubbles would do him much good, tho the ones that massage his feet might be good?

Can anyone recommend  a good foot bath? Also, one that doesn't cost too much.

Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 712/04/2012

OP, you need to learn how to give good foot massages. GOOD foot massages.

by Anonymousreply 112/04/2012

I saw one at the drug store -- it was blue plastic with a pan to hold warm water and with little nubs on the bottom that vibrated.

by Anonymousreply 212/04/2012

I'm on my feet all day, too, OP. Good question. Don't know the answer - hope someone does.

by Anonymousreply 312/04/2012

Add Epsom salts, the lavender scented are really nice.

by Anonymousreply 412/04/2012

I'd hit Amazon and check ratings before purchasing any.

The one I paid big bucks for - forget from which maker - was a bitch to clean and stopped working after six months.

If he doesn't have boat feet, those pink tubs they send people home with from the hospital are great for soaking feet.

I used one for each of my dad's fat feet, using warm/hot tap water and epsom salts. I'd add hot water from a tea kettle to keep the water up to temp.

by Anonymousreply 512/04/2012

The only thing that keeps my feet from seriously aching is to wear the same shoes ALL THE TIME. If I change from dress shoes to tennis shoes or clogs for the weekend, my feet kill me. I have one pair of black loafers with orthotic inserts and I wear them everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 612/04/2012

Oh, if only there were some mechanism to ask for assistance on these devices of tubes and electrons...

by Anonymousreply 712/04/2012
Need more help? Click Here.