Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Warner Plans Casablanca Sequel

Well, if it's going to happen, it's up to us to make sure they don't fuck it up completely.

What's the plot and who do we cast?

Plans are in process to make a sequel to the 1942 classic Hollywood film Casablanca.

Nearly 70 years after the release of the original film, plans are in process to make a sequel to Casablanca, the famous romantic drama starring Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman.

Current rumor is that Warner Bros is considering making a sequel to the timeless classic, entitled either Return to Casablanca or As Time Goes By.

Its plot revolves around Richard Blaine, the illegitimate son of Humphrey Bogart's Rick Blaine and Ingrid Bergman's Ilsa Lund, who were separated at the end of the original movie.

Blaine, who has been raised in the US by Lund and her husband Victor Laszlo, returns to North Africa to find out what became of his biological father.

by Anonymousreply 2012/04/2012

First of all - casting. If they're going to mount some monumental shitfest, then at least get casting right. There better not be a Lohan or Efron in sight. And no Kristen Stewart either, for fuck's sakes.

by Anonymousreply 112/03/2012

Ugh! They will fuck it up. Bogart and Bergman were iconic and there is no one in Hollywood now with that "star" charisma.

by Anonymousreply 212/03/2012

With Isabella Rosellini as his MILF. What could possibly have attracted him to her.

by Anonymousreply 312/03/2012

I'll play along with a few questions for the screenplay writer:

Is the son a product of Ilsa and Rick's initial romance in Paris or is she pregnant by Rick when she boards the plane with Victor?

And if she's pregnant when she boards the plane, how do Victor and Ilsa know the son isn't Victor's?

What happened to Ilsa's gowns? Especially the white evening suit she wears into Rick's Cafe Amercain her first night in Casblanca.

by Anonymousreply 412/03/2012

They should set it after the zombie apocalypse.

by Anonymousreply 512/03/2012

Shia LaBeouf is probably already taking meetings.

by Anonymousreply 612/03/2012

I see Taylor Swift as a love interest. For all the men in the cast.

Or, alternately, Carrie Underwood right after she comes off filming The Sound of Music."

by Anonymousreply 712/03/2012

I don't even love Casablanca and I find this blasphemous. Not to mention unnecessary and uninteresting.

by Anonymousreply 812/03/2012

How about Christmas in Casablanca with the Griswolds?

by Anonymousreply 912/03/2012

You're a genius, R9!

by Anonymousreply 1012/03/2012

"Pork chapsh and appleshaushe, that'sh shwell."

by Anonymousreply 1112/03/2012

[quote]Blaine, who has been raised in the US by Lund and her husband Victor Laszlo, returns to North Africa to find out what became of his biological father.

The kid is 20-25, which puts the story somewhere in the early to mid 1960's. The French left Morocco almost a decade before, and not much of anything is happening there. If Rick and Louie were still alive, they've probably been back in France for years.

I don't see where this story goes, unless you want to have an aging Rick and Louie move to French Indochina after WWII to run a bar in Saigon, and the kid gets drafted and shows up there on a weekend pass.

by Anonymousreply 1212/03/2012

I wonder if the political correctness will demand that all the characters have quit smoking.

by Anonymousreply 1312/03/2012

They should do a sequel to "Carrotblanca" instead.

by Anonymousreply 1412/03/2012

Oh, another American propaganda film! Goody!

by Anonymousreply 1512/03/2012

The only reason I'd ever see it is if Rick and Louis have settled down together, and are running Rick's Big Gay Cafe.

by Anonymousreply 1612/04/2012

At a guess, it'll be what 'The Two Jakes' was to 'Chinatown.'

by Anonymousreply 1712/04/2012

It will be an all-black cast.

by Anonymousreply 1812/04/2012

I have the box sex. My favorite Casablanca artist was Donna Summer. The Captain and Tennille only had one hit with them.

by Anonymousreply 1912/04/2012

That was cute, r14.

by Anonymousreply 2012/04/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!