Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Oh my friggin' lord!! Look at Kirstie Alley's absolutely HIDEOUS frou-frou interior of her country home in Maine! frou-frou hell

Everything is done in horrid pink tiny flowers.

Has to be one of the very worst interior decorating jobs of all time!

by Anonymousreply 5612/05/2012

I seriously doubt she's ever lived in it. But when her decoraters asked her what she wanted it to look like inside, I guess she told them "pink, lots of pink. Very feminine. Lots of flowers and pastel colors. Very girly." And they did what she wanted. But like I said before, she's probably never lived in it.

by Anonymousreply 112/02/2012

OP, we've seen Kirstie's Maine house. I think we decided that the house itself was fabulous but all her frou-frou shit had to go.

It is pretty spectacularly hideous.

by Anonymousreply 212/02/2012

She fits in with the natives there.

by Anonymousreply 312/02/2012

I could eat a swatch book and puke a better home.

by Anonymousreply 412/02/2012

That place looks like it was designed with a 6-year-old girl's taste and a 60-year-old actress's bank account. The saddest part is how much they RUINED an otherwise gorgeous house.

by Anonymousreply 512/02/2012

Money can buy you real estate, but it can't buy you taste.

by Anonymousreply 612/02/2012

I realize Scientology makes one blind to the homosex, but I didn't realize it made one blind to good taste.

by Anonymousreply 712/02/2012

Maine--home of the carnivorous black flies--No Thanks. The house is nice, but the pink, cutesy stuff ruins it.

by Anonymousreply 812/02/2012

[quote]The actress, who adorned the home's interior with pink walls, delicate curtains and copious floral patterns, has listed the residence for $2.35 million. UPDATE: After two price reductions, Kirstie Alley's home is listed for $1.75 million.

So, nobody is interested in telling their friends they are living in the former Kirstie Alley home?

hmmmmmm

by Anonymousreply 912/02/2012

Not sure I'd want to admit that my summer home is decorated in the style of "Christmas Tree Shops."

by Anonymousreply 1012/02/2012

I think it's fabulous!

by Anonymousreply 1112/02/2012

She has been in it. I've been in it. the pictures don't do it justice...it looks much tackier in person. When I visited her there (LONG story) she was dating that creepy looking James Wilder. He likes to says "balls" a lot, btw. she had a nanny for each child, and the nannies wore these frilly pink uniforms. Her father spent a lot of time with her there, and he was actually a very ordinary, nice guy. She was wearing a very low cut blouse that threatened to expose her at any second. It was a sort of casual business meeting...sort of, long story...and she had staff cooking for us in the kitchen (in chef's garb). There were six of us there, including her boy-toy and dad, and I think there were almost as many cooks as guests. One of the women I'd gone there with said she thought Alley had a huge closeted dyke vibe in person. Alley gushed over me as if I was her pet gay for the day. Though she was, honestly, very sweet and kind, though terribly narcissistic in terms of the conversation.

by Anonymousreply 1212/02/2012

Why does she have a home in Maine r12? Not work related I presume?

by Anonymousreply 1312/02/2012

R13...She loves Maine. She said that the people there are very sweet to her and she seemed to appreciate that fact. Apparently Travolta owns a home nearby, and she fell in love with Maine when she was visiting him.

by Anonymousreply 1412/02/2012

I came here prepared to defend her but oh my.

by Anonymousreply 1512/02/2012

Ok, as someone who has to decorate on an extremely reduced budget, I love a shabby chic, bohemian look a lot because it is eclectic and allows me to mix a lot of different looks together and have it be gypsy caravan, with a touch of English/French country thrown in. I think I have an idea of the look she is going for, but it takes a lot of work to achieve, because it's based on a very artistic sense of colors and how they work together on the color wheel, as well as mixing disparate elements in an aesthetically pleasing and whimsical way but not going overboard.

I get the sense that she is trying to achieve a homey, lived in feel, but with absolutely no sense of design or artistic idea whatsoever. This looks very much like she designed it herself, I would lay dollars to donuts that's what she did. The white base palette is very Rachel Ashwell, but without the lived in antiques and use of found objects in a creative way. This looks like a grandmother's beach house from the fifties. Awful, awful, awful. I was expecting to see the sort of look I go for when I read OP's headline, it's not everyone's taste, but I see a background in art and design have informed my choices more than I give myself credit for.

W&W for R. 4 by the way.

by Anonymousreply 1612/02/2012

Squinty Zellweger's is pretty awful too.

by Anonymousreply 1712/02/2012

[quote]horrid pink tiny flowers.

Not surprising. Big women are into tiny things. Go to a miniature show and all the women are Two-ton Tessies.

by Anonymousreply 1812/02/2012

Can somebody explain how Kirstie has multiple homes and where the money comes from to keep up her lifestyle? She hasn't worked in years.

by Anonymousreply 1912/02/2012

I couldn't even look at all the pics. It was too nauseating. It looks like an oversized child's playhouse.

by Anonymousreply 2012/02/2012

So would you live there, free, if you couldn't change the decor and weren't allowed to tell visitors that you didn't decorate it?

by Anonymousreply 2112/02/2012

[quote]W&W for R. 4 by the way.

Why R. 4 and not R4?

by Anonymousreply 2212/02/2012

[quote]Kirstie came to Los Angeles to work as an interior designer

She has no one to blame but herself for this mess of a home.

by Anonymousreply 2312/02/2012

R19 - 6 years of Cheers and 3 of Veronica's Closet. Plus she can say she is a multiple Emmy winner.

by Anonymousreply 2412/02/2012

That's Mrs. George Millwood 4, of Beaumont Texas, thank you very much.

by Anonymousreply 2512/02/2012

A touch of chintz might help.

by Anonymousreply 2612/02/2012

Where's the "Designed to Sell" team when you need 'em!

by Anonymousreply 2712/02/2012

All we need is an oily,shaved sex addict with a zucchini up his ass and maybe some Madame Alexander reproductions in the background and this place could be featured on Lurid Digs.

by Anonymousreply 2812/02/2012

How far away is this from Martha's Maine estate? Cuz I think Ms. Stewart will call out the Design Police on Ms. Alley's ass if she's anywhere nearby.

by Anonymousreply 2912/02/2012

Gastly. Wonderfully, horribly. Just gastly.

by Anonymousreply 3012/02/2012

[quote] I seriously doubt she's ever lived in it.

You are WRONG. Wrong. Wrong. She's owned that house for almost 15-20 yrs. She bought it with her husband Parker. They have spent a lot of time there

by Anonymousreply 3112/02/2012

Kristie is Henrietta Hippo from the New Zoo Review!

by Anonymousreply 3212/02/2012

Say what you want, but I love love love the chandelier with all the leaves. It's just how I am.

by Anonymousreply 3312/02/2012

I'm sorry, but I love it.

I can imagine just gabbin' all weekend long lounging with a cup of hot tea and cookies. Seriously.

I think I would feel thirty years younger because of the decor and maybe, this is why Kirstie designed it that way.

Also, who could get depressed in those rooms?

by Anonymousreply 3412/02/2012

How far is Miss Travolta's house from Ogunquit?

by Anonymousreply 3512/03/2012

it looks like a house without a man, which is probably appropriate for Kirstie.

by Anonymousreply 3612/03/2012

It's like the asinine "designers" on Extreme home Makeover asked a femme teen lesbian what her favorite things was: vagina.

by Anonymousreply 3712/03/2012

Gorgeous outside - notice how many pix are outside. So so so ugly inside. I've spent time in Maine and it's a very beautiful state, but she has really ruined that house. Unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 3812/03/2012

R1, of course, she has never lived in it fulltime - but her twitter posts indicate that in 2012 she spent time there two or three times.

by Anonymousreply 3912/03/2012

It reeks of ElderTrannie retiree.

by Anonymousreply 4012/03/2012

I liked Kirstie until I saw these photos.

This ghastly horrendous interior decorating job makes me lose respect for her.

I guess I still like her, but I certainly do not understand anyone could decorate a home in sucha a manner and spend more than two seconds in the home.

by Anonymousreply 4112/03/2012

All those pastels remind me of the time I ate myself sick on after dinner mints. It looks like it belongs to Truly Scrumptious in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

by Anonymousreply 4212/03/2012

Ghastly. For those of you who can't spell.

by Anonymousreply 4312/03/2012

For a while, this thread was underneath the "Welcome to the Dollhouse" thread which was appropriate. It's exactly what I thought about the place. It's a luxury, adult-sized version of a child's fantasy dollhouse.

The interior is ghastly, but presumably she didn't do anything to the architecture (or did she?). Does this decorating drop the value of the house? The new tenants would have repainted, etc. anyway.

by Anonymousreply 4412/03/2012

And this from a woman who used to be a decorator before she became an actress.

by Anonymousreply 4512/03/2012

Isn't it just hideous that someone could have such bad taste? Just appalling. What can we do when someone chooses to decorate their home according to our standards? Something must be done

by Anonymousreply 4612/03/2012

all that wealth for ACTING!

by Anonymousreply 4712/03/2012

Hungry.

by Anonymousreply 4812/03/2012

Sort of OT but, do DWTS contestants get paid?

by Anonymousreply 4912/03/2012

Oh, yes, they get paid. It's on a by-episode basis, but I don't know how much. I suppose each "celebrity" negotiates individually and the fee is based on their popularity, Q rating, or something.

I wonder if the professional dancers now might make as much as some of the celebrities. I think that Derek Hough probably does. He's worth it.

by Anonymousreply 5012/03/2012

I was fine until I got to pic 5. Then I just froze.

by Anonymousreply 5112/03/2012

Her ex husband, Parker is apparently Main Line or something equally preppy so she did it as an homage to the chintzy set. It's not my taste at all but she succeeded in her mission.

by Anonymousreply 5212/03/2012

[R49] The longer they stay in the competition the more money they make. Seems like I read if they make it to or near the final they can take in something like a half mil.

by Anonymousreply 5312/03/2012

[quote]Kristie is Henrietta Hippo from the New Zoo Review!

R32 nailed it!

And yet I do like some of her furniture - but altogether it's just TOO MUCH. And I don't like the bathrooms at all.

by Anonymousreply 5412/04/2012

Cripes. I stared too long at the atrocity and now I think I have pink eye. Fuck.

by Anonymousreply 5512/04/2012

She had this decorated when she bought it. That was probably about 20 yrs ago. When I watched her reality show, her house in California was a mess and hasn't had much upkeep or new decoration in decades either

by Anonymousreply 5612/05/2012
Need more help? Click Here.