Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I just took a valium for the first time

I was prescribed valium for anxiety. My stomach has been in knots all day and I can't focus, not sure why. So finally I have in about 20 min. ago and took one 5 mg pill. I feel so sleepy and lethargic now. I still feel anxious, but now I'm sleepy on top of being anxious. :(

Is Xanax better??

by Anonymousreply 712/03/2012

I was given valllium when my Mom was dying from cancer. I took one when I got home it didn't take the edge off, - it just left me completely stoned.

I didn't take them again, until the day of her funeral. It felt like I never rook anything at all, but I know it helped get me through the whole day.

My take on it was that if you're really stressed out Valium will take you back to normal, but if you're experiencing a more normal amount if stress, Valium is more like a recreational drug.

by Anonymousreply 112/02/2012

Was given it while waiting for fairly minor surgery. It was the first (and last) time I ever had it.

Within a few minutes all was well with the world and I felt mildly intoxicated. The nurse said it was 5 mg.

I can understand how people could get addicted to it.

by Anonymousreply 212/02/2012

I vote for Xanax on as "as needed" basis. (for situational anxiety).

Or, of you suffer from generalized anxiety, taking Klonopin for a few months will keep the anxiety away, and help to reset your mind. In the months you take it, your mind will actually learn not to be anxious. Then wean off.

by Anonymousreply 312/03/2012

by Anonymousreply 412/03/2012

If you don't have to go anywhere, take another. I have to take 10 mgs when I am in full blown panic state, and my doctor is ok with this as long as I don't exceed 30 mgs a day. I don't - once I take 10 mgs I can get back to normal.

Xanax is less sedating but less effective for me. But ask to try it anyway, it might help.

by Anonymousreply 512/03/2012

"My stomach has been in knots all day and I can't focus, not sure why."

Mommie, Mormon magic isn't going to rewrite the last 30 days and after Denial, you have 6 more stages of grief to experience. This is hard.

by Anonymousreply 612/03/2012

It's a gateway drug. You'll be doing crack by noon tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 712/03/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!