Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Old Hollywood Stars who were only considered attractive because the media said they were attractive

For all the bitching about how unattractive our contemporary "Stars" are. I would like to remind the eldergays that this isn't a particularly new phenomena. There were plenty of unexceptional faces passing as glamorous in the Golden Days of Hollywood as well...

for instance....

Jean Harlow

Norma Shearer

Ginger Rogers

Fred Astaire

Bing Crosby

Danny Kaye

John Wayne

Bette Davis

Humphrey Bogart

Barbara Stanwyck

Deborah Kerr

Irene Dunn

I would take Keira Knightly and Scarlett Johansson over any of these plain janes any day of the week.

by Anonymousreply 9812/08/2012

Bette Davis was never promoted as beautiful. In fact, when she first went to Hollywood in the early 1930s, she was told by a studio exec that she had "as much sex appeal as Slim Summerville," a fugly character actor.

Carl Laemmle, who produced her first picture, [italic]The Bad Sister,[/italic] allegedly said after seeing the finished film for the first time, "Can you imagine some poor guy going through hell and high water and ending up with [italic]her[/italic] at the fade-out?"

by Anonymousreply 112/02/2012

John Hodiak

by Anonymousreply 212/02/2012

I never found Clark Gable to be appealing. He just looks so much like Walk Disney.

by Anonymousreply 412/02/2012

Betty Grable

Alice Faye

Veronica Lake (it was all about the hair)

Rosilind Russell

Kay Francis

Ann Sheridan

June Allyson

by Anonymousreply 512/02/2012

I don't think June Allyson was promoted as beautiful. Those heavy bangs she never changed up were horrible.

by Anonymousreply 612/02/2012

Most of the people on your list weren't considered beautiful, OP. Except for perhaps Deborah Kerr who actually was quite attractive.

by Anonymousreply 712/02/2012

I thought Deborah Kerr was pretty in a girl next door kind of way.

Barbara Stanwyck was an interesting one... at times I thought she was pretty, and at times plain.

by Anonymousreply 812/02/2012

I agree with R7 and R8; Deborah Kerr doesn't belong on that list.

by Anonymousreply 912/02/2012

Thank you, R7 and R8. I was a little worried.

by Anonymousreply 1012/02/2012

Shelley Winters always looked bovine.

by Anonymousreply 1112/02/2012

Harlow? Really? She was very attractive, especially so in her time.

by Anonymousreply 1212/02/2012

And young John Wayne was gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 1312/02/2012

I've never found Jean Harlow attractive. She had a face like a lumpy potato. Not my cup of tea.

by Anonymousreply 1412/02/2012

[quote]a particularly new phenomena

PHENOMENON = singular

PHENOMENA = plural

by Anonymousreply 1512/02/2012

I always thought Deborah Kerr was very attractive.

by Anonymousreply 1612/02/2012

Justin Timberfake

by Anonymousreply 1712/02/2012

Ginger Rogers not attractive? OP you are daft. Ann Sheridan was attractive enough, but her personality is what really put her over the top.

by Anonymousreply 1812/02/2012

Ginger Rogers was NOT beautiful. She was barely pretty, with hard features, a blunt nose, nonexistent lips and excessive peach fuzz, which she was extremely sensitive about. What she did have, however, was a great dancer's body.

by Anonymousreply 1912/02/2012

I've never understood why Greta Garbo and Carole Lombard were considered great beauties.

Attractive women, no doubt, but nothing that would stop you in your tracks if you passed them on the street.

by Anonymousreply 2012/02/2012

I rather think Georgia Hale and Helen Twelvetrees are attractive (still...on film). And Liz Taylor in her Monty Clift days. And Julie Andrews.

by Anonymousreply 2112/02/2012

Speaking of dancers, Ann Miller.

And OP never said "beautiful," he only said "attractive." Ginger Rogers was neither.

by Anonymousreply 2212/02/2012

Ann Sheridan was very pretty. She'd won a contest to get a screen test and that was how she landed in Hollywood in the first place. R5's list is laughable. Kay Francis was gorgeous when she was young and most of the others were attractive.

by Anonymousreply 2312/02/2012

I would stop on the street if I saw Norma Shearer. Alive.

by Anonymousreply 2412/02/2012

Were it not for George Hurrell's iconic pictures of her, Jean Harlow would not be that hot.

by Anonymousreply 2512/02/2012

I find Ginger Rogers to be incredibly sexy. More cute than classically beautiful, but cute people tend to be sexier.

by Anonymousreply 2612/02/2012

I think Ginger was attractive when she was very young but she got a hard look fairly quickly. By the late '30's she'd pretty much hit a wall. This seemed to happen to a lot of actresses; once their face lost it's baby fat things went downhill fast. I agree with Harlow but I think her look was considered fashionable for that era.

by Anonymousreply 2712/02/2012

The OP is Helen Keller getting her information on physical attractiveness from a malamute with cataracts.

Excuse me.

The OP is a stupid, mean-spirited Helen Keller getting her information on physical attractiveness from a malamute with cataracts.

by Anonymousreply 2812/02/2012

Check out Alberto Vargas' drawing of Ann Sheridan.

Don't forget that these people were in [italic]moving[/italic] pictures, where they came alive on screen. Jean Harlow didn't look gorgeous in a photograph, but she was fascinating in motion.

by Anonymousreply 2912/02/2012

r20, you can only say that if you have actually had that experience. Otherwise, you need to find another way to make your argument.

by Anonymousreply 3012/02/2012

There's an excellent book by Jeanine Basinger called THE STAR MACHINE that explains why many of these people were stars despite their lack of glamor or classic beauty. June Allyson, for example, was NOT supposed to be beautiful in the way Elizabeth Taylor was: in fact, she was specifically supposed to be a kind of corrective to glamor gals like Rita Hayworth and Hedy Lamarr, and was promoted as "The Perfect Wife." she was supposed to be attractive but ordinary, and thus relatable for most filmgoers.

by Anonymousreply 3112/02/2012

The media didn't say that these people were attractive, they merely said that they were talented. And, with the exception of Shearer, they were.

by Anonymousreply 3212/02/2012

Bogart unattractive?...I dunno, certainly not a pretty boy but he had certain masculine coolness, I think. Or maybe it was all the black and white photography...

by Anonymousreply 3312/02/2012

Actors like Bogart and Davis overcame their average looks. With talent.

Davis, in particular, didn't care about clothes or star glamor, but understood that people were paying to look at her. She was much more concerned with being truthful to a character than about being photographed in the right light. She says in her biography that, being a cute and presentable girl, she was surprised at the level of scrutiny and criticism of her appearance when she started in films.

by Anonymousreply 3412/02/2012

Hey, it wasn't the media, Shelly Winters told us herself over and over and over on Merv and Johnny Carson how sexy and attractive she used to be!

by Anonymousreply 3512/02/2012

Keira Knightly and Scarlett Johansson? You have GOT to be kidding. They're NOTHING, just a couple of run of the mill, average, skinny starlets. Knightly looks like she's suffering from an eating disorder, has no tits, hips or butt to speak of.

Jean Harlow was the premiere sex symbol of her era. She WAS very good-looking, had a fantastic body and a great face, although the makeup she was plastered with obscured it. And her eyebrows were shaven and drawn on; that was considered glamorous in that period.

by Anonymousreply 3612/02/2012

"I've never understood why Greta Garbo and Carole Lombard were considered great beauties.

Attractive women, no doubt, but nothing that would stop you in your tracks if you passed them on the street."

I don't think you know what the hell you're talking about. Garbo is considered one of the most beautiful stars of all time; I think it was Kenneth Tynan who said that what men see in women when they're drunk they see in Garbo when they're sober. And Lombard WAS beautiful; pictures of her as a child show she was a beauty even as a little girl.

by Anonymousreply 3712/02/2012

If you don't think Carole Lombard was beautiful, you have no taste.

by Anonymousreply 3812/02/2012

I must agree about Garbo's and Lombard's beauty. I'm not even a Garbo fan, but she was stunning. And Lombard was a classy, sexy beauty with a deft comedic touch. Her life and career ended much too soon.

by Anonymousreply 3912/02/2012

Keira is a skinny star, but Scarjo? Take another look. She's tits and ass and hair.

by Anonymousreply 4012/02/2012

I had amazing talent.

Ask Dame Edith Asquith.

"Actually, the t is silent, as in Harlow.."

Dame Edith Asquith to Jean Harlow, when the latter kept on mispronouncing her name..

What was that "Dame" all upset about?

I didn't bother with names.

Not how one gets "ahead" ya know...

"Old Hollywood"? I was dead at 26...

by Anonymousreply 4112/02/2012

Lombard was "attractive" that's as far as I would go...and I have exquisite taste.

THIS is beauty:

by Anonymousreply 4212/02/2012

Harlow looks hard and plain to me. I just assumed this was a straight guy thing that I'd never see.

by Anonymousreply 4312/02/2012

You're absolutely correct, R4. People often mistook Clark Gable and Walt Disney for each other. It made it very difficult for Walt after Clark died, too. He scared the hell out of a lot of people.

by Anonymousreply 4412/02/2012

Bogart wasn't a pretty-boy like some other box office-drawing actors, but I think he had a rugged handsomeness especially in his early movies.

by Anonymousreply 4512/02/2012

Tierney was gorgeous. Hedy Lamarr may have been the most beautiful woman of her era in films. But today's audiences hardly know anything about them, unlike Davis, Crawford, and others.

by Anonymousreply 4612/02/2012

Before her eyebrows took her hostage, Joan Crawford was sex on a stick:

by Anonymousreply 4712/02/2012

Wow, Crawford is stunning in that picture. What happened to her? And look at those teeth. Awesome teeth for that era.

by Anonymousreply 4812/02/2012

Crawford, in her youth, was a natural redhead and a short but perfectly proportioned dancer's body. Unlike Davis, she was only too happy to turn herself over to the studio glamor machine and tried out every hair color, every makeup palette, every identity possible.

by Anonymousreply 4912/02/2012

My favorite Crawford photo. I don't care how Gay you are, that woman is hot:

by Anonymousreply 5012/02/2012

WITH a short but perfectly...

And here's a good link.

by Anonymousreply 5112/02/2012

Oops, here's the link:

by Anonymousreply 5212/02/2012

Wow, R50. I didn't realize Joan did a version of DESPERATELY SEEKING SUSAN!

by Anonymousreply 5312/02/2012

Good God, R52's photo looks like Madonna in her tattered rags incarnation. Why did all the old movie stars paint their lipstick so obviously outside their lip line? (Bette Davis and Lucille Ball, I'm looking at you among others.)

Agree that Crawford was gorgeous when young. In Grand Hotel, she's better looking than Garbo.

by Anonymousreply 5412/02/2012

That's definitely a photoshopped picture of Joan in R52's link. Look closely at their hair and you'll see the strands match up perfectly. No way that would happen even if Madonna was trying to duplicate the photo.

by Anonymousreply 5512/02/2012

There were people who thought Danny Kaye was attractive?

by Anonymousreply 5612/03/2012

Danny Kaye was never a movie idol type, but he had an athletic body, was slim, and moved well. He was pretty insecure about his looks and bleached his curly red hair and covered uo his freckles to look less ethnic. Woman found his goofy charm and energy adorable.

Amd that pink, pale, bubble butt. Well...

by Anonymousreply 5712/03/2012

"Why did all the old movie stars paint their lipstick so obviously outside their lip line? (Bette Davis and Lucille Ball, I'm looking at you among others.)"

Because they didn't have lip collagen injections then. Here, get a load of Kim Novak's godawful lip line in "Vertigo".

by Anonymousreply 5812/03/2012

I agree with R54 Crawford was stunning in Grand Hotel, moreso than even Garbo. She was beautiful in the early 30s, had just the right look for that time.

by Anonymousreply 5912/03/2012

I also think that when eldergays refer to "charisma" and "star power" they really mean "a transatlantic accent" and "gauzy key lighting". Everything about the performances in the "golden age " of Hollywood was super hieghtened and stylized. There's no way an actress today could affect the haughter of Dietrich or the declamatory style of Audrey Hepburn and ever expect to be taken seriously. For better or for worse audiences expect a certain type of naturalism from todays performers that wasn't expected yesteryear.

by Anonymousreply 6012/03/2012

Alice Faye was a beauty - Shelley Winters was NEVER good-looking or attractive or pretty or anything but homely. Garbo was gorgeous. I cannot believe anyone at any time can not see her beauty. Whatever you're smoking or shooting or drinking, you have gone blind.

by Anonymousreply 6112/03/2012

[quote]"Actually, the t is silent, as in Harlow.."

[quote]Dame Edith Asquith to Jean Harlow, when the latter kept on mispronouncing her name..

That story is actually told about MARGOT Asquith and Jean Harlow: and Margot is indeed pronounced "Margo."

No one named Edith has ever in the history of the world ever pronounced her name "Edih."

by Anonymousreply 6212/03/2012

Shelley Winters might never have been pretty, but she did have a brief early period when she was hot with long legs and rounded figure. But even in early photos you can tell she had to fight the fat, and she let herself go really early on.

by Anonymousreply 6312/03/2012

Here is a picture of Shelly Winters in her younger days. Not a bombshell but she was attractive.

by Anonymousreply 6412/03/2012

The only explanation for your bizarre pointless rambling is you are an Eldergay named Edih.

The only part that could be droll is dubbing you "Edih Head"...

Fasten your seatbelt, it is going to be a bumpy night.

Call wardrobe, can you sew dear?

by Anonymousreply 6512/03/2012

Garbo and Lombard were both knockouts. Harlow was meant to be a bad girl (although she was incredibly prim and rather dull in real life), and was considered more sexy than beautiful. Kiera Knightly isn't fit to be considered within the same universe as them.

by Anonymousreply 6612/03/2012

Jean Harlow?

She died at age 26.

After 3 marriages, of uremic poisoning.

Clark Gable was peeved as filming was ongoing.

Saratoga was a huge hit.

Death of a blonde beauty always draws crowds.

The original blonde bombshell.

Norma Jean was her replacement.

She lasted another decade.

Where do you Eldergays get so addled?

by Anonymousreply 6712/03/2012

Shelley Winters wasn't beautiful, but she was fuckable - as she proved in real life.

I think Jean Harlow was a very pretty girl under all that extreme makeup, with her creamy skin and cleft chin. I realize it's impossible to tell, as there are no pictures of her with her natural hair or unshaved eyebrows, but I think she would look pretty in any era. However, it's way her wild white hair and skin looked on b/w film that made her iconic, not her bone structure.

by Anonymousreply 6812/03/2012

Deborah Kerr was quite lovely, fantastic skin, large eyes and great bone structure that aged well. And she had a beautiful speaking voice. But she ever had that drop of exotica that would have shoved her into the great beauty category. But, she was beloved by people in the business and the public.

by Anonymousreply 6912/03/2012

Norma Shearer was a goddess.

by Anonymousreply 7012/03/2012

R47's pic of Crawford: She certainly was lovely when she was young, and I also noticed the perfect teeth. Those were amazing for the 1920s/1930s. I know veneers weren't around back then, but did they have capped teeth? If those teeth were all Joan's, that's nothing short of a miracle for the time period. Teeth, in general, were a busted mess back then.

by Anonymousreply 7112/03/2012

Crawford had extensive work done on her teeth before she became a big star. There are pictures of her with her original teeth and they are not pretty. I think her teeth were straightened, crowned (or "capped" as they called it back then), and whitened. So were Garbo's.

by Anonymousreply 7212/03/2012

r65, you got called out for fucking up your own anecdote by telling it wrong, and so now you're clearly trying to shift focus onto someone else.

Frankly, you look now not only like a complete idiot, but a petty one at that.

by Anonymousreply 7312/03/2012

R47's pic is a publicity still from [italic]Untamed.[/italic] She looks surprisingly modern for 1929. I agree that the late '20s/early '30s were her peak looks-wise.

Here she is as a blonde, two years later.

by Anonymousreply 7412/03/2012

Here's a clip from [italic]Untamed.[/italic] She looks great -- and she sings!

by Anonymousreply 7512/03/2012

R20? I saw Garbo many times in person, up close in the 1970 and early 80s. She was older then, but beautiful- with only the slightest bit of pink lipstick. As a young woman she was almost surreal in her beauty.

Lombard was incandescent (sp?). I cannot imagine anyone thinking otherwise- her personality, her face-

Go figure (R20)

by Anonymousreply 7612/03/2012

How can anyone say Greta Garbo wasn't beautiful? I mean, look at her here.

by Anonymousreply 7712/03/2012

r77, I'm not saying that she wasn't beautiful, but if that picture were a contemporary starlet, everyone on here would be noting that she's wearing about 3 lbs of makeup, her features are essentially painted on in the manner of a contemporary drag queen and the photo has been brighlty lit and overexposed to eliminate any flaws or irregularities in her bone structure and complexion

by Anonymousreply 7812/03/2012

[quote] Shelley Winters might never have been pretty, but she did have a brief early period when she was hot with long legs and rounded figure. But even in early photos you can tell she had to fight the fat, and she let herself go really early on.

She was already gone by the time she did " A PLACE IN THE SUN."

Must have been all of those "dates" she had with Farley Granger that made her turn to food for comfort.

by Anonymousreply 7912/03/2012

In r47's picture, Joan Crawford looks like Kate Walsh.

by Anonymousreply 8012/03/2012

Jean Harlow supposedly died of blood poisoning after a bad abortion.

by Anonymousreply 8112/04/2012

Jean Harlow died of kidney failure. Back in those days, not much could be done.

by Anonymousreply 8212/04/2012

I am certain when you look at a mirror:

That is where you see a complete idiot.

Enjoy the view!

Bitchy Elder gays are so boring.

Petty, too.

by Anonymousreply 8312/05/2012

"Crawford was stunning in Grand Hotel, moreso than even Garbo"

More beautiful than Garbo? Hardly. Garbo could wipe up the floor with Crawford when it came to beauty. I never considered Crawford beautiful at all; attractive in her youth, sometimes striking, but never beautiful. And Crawford became a caricature of femininity VERY quickly. She looked like a drag queen when she was only in her thirties.

I've seen pictures of Jean Harlow when she was a teenager. She was a natural blonde but not "platinum" blonde; that white color that became her trademark was accomplished by horrendous bleaching techniques that involved the use of peroxide, ammonia, Clorox, and Lux flakes (a kind of detergent). In the pictures I saw she had her own nice, normal eyebrows; her teeth were very good and her complexion was gorgeous. Her skin was one of her best assets, "like milk and honey", it was said. Her eyes were green and she had a perfect cupid's bow mouth. She really was something special.

by Anonymousreply 8412/05/2012

I gotta agree about Harlow. She had a lumpy potato head with a slight double chin and a terrible profile -- and the 1930s makeup/eyebrows did her no favors. It's no surprise that her status as sex symbol was eclipsed by Marilyn Monroe, whose beauty is quite timeless. Just the other day, I was sitting at the bus stop 'cause my car was in the shop and so I had to resort to public transportation. Anyway, there were these 3 Latino guys nearby who looked to be 19/20. One of them was telling the others about a "hot chick" and mentioned that she "looks like Marilyn Monroe." Harlow would never be considered hot in modern terms -- or anytime outside the '30s. I think that's why in that HARLOW movie they made Carroll Baker look more like Marilyn and Harlow, because even by then her beauty was passe.

by Anonymousreply 8512/05/2012

Not. Cute.

by Anonymousreply 8612/05/2012

the young Jean Harlow. Sorry, 84, still Not. Cute.

by Anonymousreply 8712/05/2012

That picture of Harlow at R86 is her after having her hair bleached within an inch of its life and her face plastered with a ton of garish makeup and shaved eyebrows. That did a lot of diminish her natural beauty.

The one at R87 is just one picture. I've seen many pictures of her in her early teens and she was very pretty, not in a classical sense, but a unique sense.

And Harlow was never "elipsed" by Marilyn Monroe. This is a statement about Harlow and it's absolutely true: "other sex symbols/blonde bombshells have followed, but it is Jean Harlow who all others are measured against."

by Anonymousreply 8812/06/2012

"Casablanca" is on TCM right now. Bogart is swaggering around, being extremely "attractive", albeit not at all "handsome". There's a big difference between those qualities. "Attractive" is much more than merely "handsome" or "beautiful", & doesn't necessarily have anything to do with looks.

In photographs, Bogart & Harlow & Garbo & Monroe are displayed in one dimension. But seeing them move & speak & respond to others shows more aspects of their personalities & displays what's "attractive" about them.

Claude Rains is a perfect example. Not handsome, short & rather odd looking with a weird hairdo -- but on the screen, he was truly dynamic & you can't take your eyes off him whenever he appears. In "Casablanca", he stole every scene he was in, which was no mean feat with Bogart & Ingrid Bergman around.

by Anonymousreply 8912/06/2012

I love how r81 believes that.

by Anonymousreply 9012/06/2012

Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise, Leonardo DiCaprio, Jhonny Depp. HW has been very unsuccessful in convincing me that they are good looking or even interesting actors. I just don't get them AT ALL!

by Anonymousreply 9112/06/2012

[quote]And Harlow was never "elipsed" by Marilyn Monroe. This is a statement about Harlow and it's absolutely true: "other sex symbols/blonde bombshells have followed, but it is Jean Harlow who all others are measured against.

Not true. That statement may have been true in the '30s/'40s/'50s, but nobody knows who Harlow is anymore. Whereas the next blonde actress is always compared to Marilyn, and starlets continue to invoke her image.

Also, there's a new Marilyn book every other year, as well as countless movies, documentaries, songs, etc. Her dresses have sold for $1.2 and $5.6 million. The 50th anniversary of her death this past summer was celebrated with magazine covers, write-ups, and this year's Cannes paid tribute to her by making her the Face of the Festival. None of that happened to Harlow, and the 50th anniversary of her death came and went without a notice.

by Anonymousreply 9212/06/2012

1) Norma Jean had plastic surgery improvement

2) Harlean did not:nose & chin original

3) Norma Jean died at age 36

4) Jean Harlow was dead at 26

5) Math is so taxing for Elder Gays

6) A decade more of work means more Starring!

7) Dramatic Suicide, Kennedys More Attention

8) Marilyn starred in Huge Hits in extra decade

by Anonymousreply 9312/08/2012

Elder John Wayne was the creepiest of all ...closeted queer, could barely keep his cock in his pants when he worked with gorgeous boys like Ricky Nelson.

by Anonymousreply 9412/08/2012

ginger rogers was really pretty seriously if you want average look at Jennifer anniston

by Anonymousreply 9512/08/2012

DiCaprio is the one I really don't get, R91. Not so hot looking, not aging well, a competent, unexciting actor at best. The others you mention have more going for them.

by Anonymousreply 9612/08/2012

Shelley was a dedicated method actress. She would do anything to fit the character she was going to play. She was supposed to be the direct opposite of Elizabeth Taylor so she let herself get chubby and sloppy for that role in "A Place In The Sun.".

She did the same thing for her role in "The Diary of Anne Frank." She had a history of gaining and losing weight for parts.

DeNiro is called a genius for it and poor Shelley gets called a fat slob.

by Anonymousreply 9712/08/2012

R93, she had minimal cosmetic surgery, namely the bump removed from the tip of her nose and the chin thing. You make it sound like she had an overhaul. What made the striking difference was the bleached hair. Still, she was a knockout as brunette Norma Jean.

Marilyn may have lived an extra decade than Harlow, but Harlow had 5 years on her. She started her film career at 17 while Marilyn didn't do her first movie until she was 22. Even so Harlow and Marilyn made around the same amount of films. The difference is that some of Marilyn's movies have stood the test of time, and two feature iconic images -- "Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend" and the subway grate scenes -- which have been endlessly parodied and copied, and that has helped to further cement her iconic image.

Lastly, Marilyn just has a more fascinating backstory -- absent father, crazy mother, foster homes, orphanage, sexual assault, neglect, etc. And when she got famous, she married two equally famous men who are still remembered by the public -- Joe DiMaggio (by sports fans) and Arthur Miller (whose plays are still produced in high schools and community theaters). Not to mention her fateful liaisons with the brothers Kennedy. Also, the mysterious manner of her death. All these things have kept interest in her life story alive.

Harlow's life and death are bland by comparison. Except for the Paul Bern suicide, which was a major scandal in its day but is long forgotten today, nothing of interest happened to her, which is why movies like Carroll Baker's HARLOW made up stuff to spice it up. One big change was the manner of her death. She died of uremic poisoning (sad but not mysterious), but the film has her boozing it up and sleeping around and eventually self-destructing (which echoes Marilyn's final years). Even her marriage at 16 is bland compared to Norma Jean's. Harlow married a rich guy for love and lived the high life before her mother's meddling. Whereas Marilyn's marriage at 16 was not love but an ultimatum -- marry or go back to the orphanage, which adds more poignancy to her story.

But going back to the original topic, Marilyn's beauty has stood the test of time and still resonates with the public. Harlow's beauty is of her time and she's largely forgotten by the general public.

by Anonymousreply 9812/08/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!