Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The Walking Dead: Season 3, Part II

Rick, Daryl, Michonne and the gang seek to infiltrate Woodbury in tonight's fall finale. Eight more season three episodes are queued up for late winter/early spring 2013.

by Anonymousreply 60010/11/2013

Any word on who dies in tonight's episode?

by Anonymousreply 212/02/2012

I hope it's Andrea.

by Anonymousreply 312/02/2012

I'm guessing it'll be the daughter with the bag over her head. Michonne has quick reflexes.

by Anonymousreply 412/02/2012

I hop they don't kill Maggie or Glenn but especially Maggie,she's been through enough already.

by Anonymousreply 512/02/2012

Yay! for the Fall Finale.

by Anonymousreply 612/02/2012

I really like the actress who plays Maggie. She has been impressing me all season, esp when Lori passed, and during the interrogation scene. If they do cut her loose, the people producing the new Wonder Woman series might want to test her. She has all the qualities that make for a great contemporary female action heroine.

by Anonymousreply 712/02/2012

On the other thread people were speculating why Andrea has taken to carrying a bag now. It just dawned on me that she must be carrying her knife (maybe other weapons) and a few supplies in case she needs to bolt asap. Must mean she does not feel 100% safe and has not let her guard down in spite of what it seems.

Only a few more hours!

by Anonymousreply 812/02/2012

[quote]She has all the qualities that make for a great contemporary female action heroine.

Except a nice rack.

by Anonymousreply 912/02/2012

I thought the same thing r8.

There'd be no reason to show her carrying around that pack in random scenes otherwise. I don't think she's fully decided to stay yet.

by Anonymousreply 1012/02/2012

Your're giving Andrea too much credit. She's just as smug,stupid and arrogant as always. The only things she's got in that bag are thong panties and a bottle of Jack.

by Anonymousreply 1112/02/2012

So R11? Those are supplies. Booze and clean underwear are no doubt luxuries during the apocalypse, but still useful.

by Anonymousreply 1212/02/2012

I'm with R11.

by Anonymousreply 1312/02/2012

When has Andrea been smug, stupid, and arrogant? When she was grieving her sister?

by Anonymousreply 1412/02/2012

Damon Lindelof who makes a living writing scripts that make no sense will be a guest on Talking Dead tonight.

by Anonymousreply 1512/02/2012

The description for tonight's episode makes it sound like Andrea is somehow going to take over at Woodbury. Maybe the Governor gets eaten by walkers?

by Anonymousreply 1612/02/2012

No, they won't get rid of the Governor yet. He'll be around until the end of season 3, maybe longer.

And I HATE it when they split up the season like this.

by Anonymousreply 1712/02/2012

Andrea is the Linda Rogo of the Walking Dead

by Anonymousreply 1812/02/2012

imo Andrea was a great character until this season. I loved the depressed, loose cannon Andrea of season 1 and 2. I don't like what they've done with her so far this season.

I'm pretty sure the black prisoner dude will die tonight because there is a new black male character being introduced.

by Anonymousreply 1912/02/2012

I would love it if andrea got her balls back and took over woodbury or turned the tables on the governor.

by Anonymousreply 2012/02/2012

An acknowledgement of the existence of homosexuality, and it only took 3 1/2 seasons! No actual homosexuality though, that would be going too far.

by Anonymousreply 2112/02/2012

If I was Maggie I would've shot Merle as soon as I got that gun in my hand

by Anonymousreply 2212/02/2012

I knew this episode would annoy me because it's not believable a tiny band of people can break into that town and live. Of course maybe they want to burn off one of the supporting characters, after all it's the mid-season finale. But even if one does die, it's still not very believable.

by Anonymousreply 2312/02/2012

Rick's insistence at being a dick towards Michonne remains a stupid plot contrivance. She led them to Woodbury so they could find Glen and Maggie. she risked her life for them. She's no spy and he should know that.

by Anonymousreply 2412/02/2012

Holy fuck. NOW Michonne is a bad-ass. Oh, and Andrea is a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 2512/02/2012

Will Glen be this week's sacrifice?

by Anonymousreply 2612/02/2012

What was the reference to homosexuality, please?

by Anonymousreply 2712/02/2012

I liked Andrea last season and can't stand her this season. Whore.

by Anonymousreply 2812/02/2012

One of the convicts mistakes Carol for a lesbian because of her short hair. Incredibly, it's the only time the subject has ever come up. And yes I know it's actually 2 1/2 seasons, before anyone corrects me.

by Anonymousreply 2912/02/2012

Well Andrea is being duped, let's not be too hard on her. And she did let Michonne go, even though she maimed her nice (as far as she knows) new boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 3012/02/2012

Will Merle rejoin Rick's group? The Governor is not happy with him. Now Tjat he knows Merle lied about Michonne and he suspects Merle is loyal to Darryl.

Merle's in big trouble

by Anonymousreply 3112/02/2012

Oh, shit, R31--I forgot Merle said he killed Michonne.

by Anonymousreply 3212/02/2012

The governor is calling Merle a terrorist?

by Anonymousreply 3312/02/2012

Andrea is going to shoot somebody. She won't let them kill Darryl. I guess we'll have to wait until spring to find out who.

by Anonymousreply 3412/02/2012

I think Rick might view Michonne as a threat to his alpha supremacy, seriously. She could definitely lead the group as well as he has.

by Anonymousreply 3512/02/2012

So the black prisoner is down, but hey we get two more!

Nothing racist about that.

by Anonymousreply 3612/02/2012

I didn't see Merle in the trailer for the next episode in February. I'm thinking he gets killed.

by Anonymousreply 3712/02/2012

Also this was the first episode where we see new expressions on Michonne's face!

I counted, revulsion, tenderness, bewilderment, and heartbreak ( with Andrea).

How cool was that?

by Anonymousreply 3812/02/2012

[quote] The governor is calling Merle a terrorist?

Yup. He told the governor that he killed Michonne in the woods. Michone comes back, puts out the guv's eye and -- I think she neutralized his zombie daughter. I'll have to watch it again to be sure.

. Michonne is also responsible for Andrea seeing Penny and the aquarium heads.

by Anonymousreply 3912/02/2012

Let's say Andrea unloads and takes out the armed guys surrounding Merle and Darryl. All three escape and return to the jail. It would introduce tension between Rick and Merle, between Merle and Glen and Maggie, between Merle and Darryl, between Merle and black people. It would be a way to introduce tension if that's the direction they want to go in.

If not, Merle will just get killed.

by Anonymousreply 4012/02/2012

They'd better start getting some more female characters. Pretty soon the men will be fighting over the limited pussy.

by Anonymousreply 4212/02/2012

I hope not R37. For all his horrible qualities I enjoy watching Merle.

by Anonymousreply 4312/02/2012

Oh my, a woman who enjoys sex. She's a bad as Hester Prine, make her wear a scarlet W.

by Anonymousreply 4412/02/2012

The governor knows that Andrea was with the group that contained Darryl. He knows she gave Merle a map and directions on how to find Darryl. Now that Darryl has shown up in camp as one of the "terrorists," the governor knows he can't trust Andrea. Question is, has Andrea figured out her position with the governor yet?

by Anonymousreply 4512/02/2012

Has anybody played the video games by TellTale? There are five episodes. There's going to be a second season in 2013. In some ways, it's better than the TV series.

by Anonymousreply 4612/02/2012

Yep, I knew they would kill off the nice black prisoner.

by Anonymousreply 4712/02/2012

I think the Gov thinks Andrea is pretty besotted with him, but I also think he is using the Merle and Darryl scene to see where her loyalties lay.

by Anonymousreply 4812/02/2012

Andrea's not white trash. She was a civil rights lawyer before the zombies.

by Anonymousreply 4912/02/2012

I LOVED that game R46. Some of the decisions you have to make, and the fate of people you meet along the way, just make your heart hurt.

As I told my partner "Dammit, they killed off another potential boyfriend!"

by Anonymousreply 5012/02/2012

Was Rick supposed to be hallucinating that one of the Woodbury men was Shane? That was random.

by Anonymousreply 5112/02/2012

The Governor sounds like a repug with his terrorist talk and blaming someone else for his weakness.

by Anonymousreply 5212/02/2012

r19 calle it. Not that it was hard, ffs. This show and black people.

[quote]Andrea is white trash, she loves screwing and whiskey

I suppose you don't like either, frau?

by Anonymousreply 5312/02/2012

Learn to construct sentences, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 5412/02/2012

Yes, I'm over Rick's hallucinations. I was hoping the phone call was the show taking a supernatural turn, it reminded me of The Shining (the original novel), with Jack hearing his dead father talk to him over the radio. But instead it's just Rick losing his mind.

by Anonymousreply 5512/02/2012

How cool was Carl? He shot zombies, saved people, offered to shoot the lady in the head and then locked the new people in their own cell.

He out did Rick.

by Anonymousreply 5612/02/2012

R50, At the end of the fifth episode, I was in tears. I've never played a video game that made me cry. The games are so addicting.

I am psyched to learn that Telltale will be doing another Season of the games next year. It will be interesting to see if they use any of the TV show characters. The only one they used this season was Glen in Episode 1.

by Anonymousreply 5712/02/2012

[quote]Andrea's not white trash. She was a civil rights lawyer before the zombies.

LOL. Were you playing that online game thingee too?

by Anonymousreply 5812/02/2012

I thought Glenn was going to propose to Maggie with that arm bone.

by Anonymousreply 5912/02/2012

Did anyone catch what the relationship is between the two new males that showed up at the prison? They were hugging pretty hard when Tyrese was getting ready to bash the chick who had been bitten.

They don't look the right ages to be father and son. Brothers, cousins, lovers?

by Anonymousreply 6012/02/2012

Next year's preview shows Andrea embracing the governor. She's a rancid cunt.

by Anonymousreply 6112/02/2012

Daryl was incredibly hot in the last scene. I liked the way his muscles gleamed in the firelight.

by Anonymousreply 6212/03/2012

There had better be a big payoff in terms of Andrea in the second half of this season because I hate the way her character has turned into a fierce warrior into a hobag. Maybe she'll turn around - in the quick preview for the next ep. she's seen at the prison gates.

by Anonymousreply 6312/03/2012

Has turned FROM a fierce warrior into a hobag. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 6412/03/2012

I'm sorry but someone having a fish tank filled with zombie heads is a deal-breaker .Andrea is a whore...

by Anonymousreply 6512/03/2012

Michonne is the best badass character I've seen in any series in a while. She needs her own show, going from town to town solving problems and killing zombies.

by Anonymousreply 6612/03/2012

R60 wasn't there two gay guys at the prison in the comic books. That's what i had heard so it makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 6712/03/2012

Let's be honest there wouldn't be a lot of gay survivors. All that mary shrieking would attract a lot of walkers.

by Anonymousreply 6812/03/2012

Jesus that group did shriek a lot....

by Anonymousreply 6912/03/2012

It looks like Andrea will intervene and save Daryl....I hope. I also noticed in the preview that the 17 year old kissed Rick on the cheek. hmmm.

by Anonymousreply 7012/03/2012

Just remember that she's still pissed that they left her behind. Though she'll be happy to hear that lori's dead.

by Anonymousreply 7112/03/2012

I think Andrea realizes that the governor can kill her. The Michonne incident, the zombie child, the aquarium heads, the cowardice the guv showed during the attack. She knows he's a strange person who, for some reason, wields a lot of power over people. She wonders why Michonne came back, she has to know it's for some kind of revenge.

She got along ok with Merle in the town. Gave him directions to find Darryl. Now both Merle and Darryl are in trouble with the guv and Andrea has a weapon. I think she will make nice to the guv because she realizes he can kill her, but she will try to free Merle and Darryl.

by Anonymousreply 7212/03/2012

Did the comic book show how the Gov got his eye taken out or was he already like that when he showed up in the series?

I had been a little bit disappointed with how civil and sane the Governor appears- but I guess it rounds him out a bit. It wouldn't make sense that so many people would fall in line and follow an obviously bat-shit crazy fuck. But I know the comics made him much much worse.

Then a thought occurred to me last night when his eye was taken out: I asked my partner- who's a psychologist- what part of the brain would be affected.

[bold]Frontal Lob: decision making, emotional centers, judgement. [/bold]

I think they've been keeping him just on this side of the line to show a human side to him and his daughter was his last tether to his humanity. The loss of that girl, plus the damage to his frontal lobe=

He's about to REALLY get batshit crazy .

by Anonymousreply 7312/03/2012

[quote] Just remember that she's still pissed that they left her behind

Yeah, but who would you rather take your chances with? A cowardly guy who kept his zombie child in chains and has an aquarium full of working zombie heads and a creepy scientist who is an unloveable version of Gale Boetticher, or a roving band of badass zombie killers?

Kind of weird the governor wanted to run away during the attack, since he had no problem attacking the National Guard unit. I guess he's ok with a gunfight as long as he is the one holding the element of surprise.

by Anonymousreply 7412/03/2012

I mean Frontal Lobe, sorry.

by Anonymousreply 7512/03/2012

So is this new group of survivors in the graphic novels? I'm assuming the black couple are married and that woman who got bitten sure was a shrieker. She was a definite liability.

by Anonymousreply 7612/03/2012

[quote]Just remember that she's still pissed that they left her behind. Though she'll be happy to hear that lori's dead.

How would she think that? They were all running for their lives, including her. She didn't even have time to look back and she never made it to the meet up spot so how would she think they left her behind- when she was running the other directed the whole way?

by Anonymousreply 7712/03/2012

I don't think The Gov was cowardly...he was trying to keep Andrea away from the action. I think he went back to the office to check on zombie Penny.

Does anybody know what kind of gun Carl was using?

by Anonymousreply 7812/03/2012

Discussion bump.

by Anonymousreply 7912/03/2012

All these people who think Darryl is hot are from downstate Illinois right?

by Anonymousreply 8012/03/2012

I wonder if Darryl let himself get captured in order to find his brother.

by Anonymousreply 8112/03/2012

Darryl is hot, in a backwoods sort of way. I mean, if you were trapped in the Ozarks, Darryl would be looking pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 8212/03/2012

He was pretty in his Prada days, too.

by Anonymousreply 8312/03/2012

[quote]So the black prisoner is down, but hey we get two more! Nothing racist about that.

Don't be greedy. You've got one of the major players now. So what if all the actress can do is bulge her eyes so she looks like a character in a minstrel show?

by Anonymousreply 8412/03/2012

Reedus and his son with Helena Christensen. I see a modeling career in this kid's future, too.

by Anonymousreply 8512/03/2012

[quote]I wonder if Darryl let himself get captured in order to find his brother.

No shit. Ya think?

by Anonymousreply 8612/03/2012

One more.

by Anonymousreply 8712/03/2012

Obligatory Reedus gay kiss video ...

by Anonymousreply 8812/03/2012

The decision by writers and Glen Mazzarra to water down the Governor (which they've admitted to in recent interviews) has really backfired.

By now,, he had raped Michonne several times and brutally beaten her. Without showing this, and their half heartedly written attempt at a threat to "rape" Maggie, they've muted Michonne's motivations and she looks more crazy than he does. It's unfortunate, and I'm not sure why Kirkman has allowed it to happen.

The actor who plays the Governor is also making misguided efforts to soften him, and the result is a dramatically fuzzy and unfocused character that makes no sense. I understand that they want him to appear more human for tv because they have to make him watchable for the whole season, but now there is no real motivation for the finale of the whole year. His people haven't killed Lori and the baby, Michonne is fine (likely the rape will happen later but Mazzarra has discussed it in terms of a "political rape" whatever the fuck that means), and he's banging Andrea.

Mazzarra and the writers have missed a major opportunity here to solidify the main characters even more with someone to unite against. While this season has been more effective than the ridiculously slow and awful farmhouse season, they're making major dramatic mistakes that will hinder them down the line.

by Anonymousreply 8912/03/2012

Meant to add...

Also, misguided casting of the Governor. The actor is way too much of a pussy to be regarded as any real kind of threat.

by Anonymousreply 9012/03/2012

I actually think the direction they've taken with the Governor on the TV show are great. To me he really is only trying to help his people, but whether he knows it or not he's become a crazy dictator that will murder anyone who threatens the "normal" life he's set up for these people.

He's much more sinister if he thinks he's doing right, instead of just being a crazy psychopath.

It's what lies ahead for Rick if he's not careful. This world full of the dead is slowly driving some people insane. I hope we see Rick carrying the phone with him, as you do in the books.

by Anonymousreply 9112/03/2012

[quote]... they've muted Michonne's motivations and she looks more crazy than he does. It's unfortunate, and I'm not sure why Kirkman has allowed it to happen.

Given the writer's treatment of T-Dog and other Black Male.. there's a pattern here. I'm sorry to say it but I can't see past the racism on this show.

It's fucking glaring now.

by Anonymousreply 9212/03/2012

The young black woman with Tyreese is his daughter. The two men with them are father & son. When first introduced, the young man called out "mother!" while being attacked.

by Anonymousreply 9312/03/2012

The woman (Donna) who got the zombie bite was the mother of the teenage boy.

by Anonymousreply 9412/03/2012

AMC’s The Walking Dead wrapped the fall portion of its third season in style, logging a monster 10.5 million total viewers for the premiere 9 PM telecast and 15.2 million for the night, including two encores. That was just shy of the record-breaking 10.9 million Live+Same Day total viewers who tuned in to the third season premiere in October.

Compared with Season 2 midseason finale in 2011, last night’s audience was up a whopping 58%. The Walking Dead midseason finale drew 6.9 million adults 18-49, up 54% vs. Season 2, and 6.0 million adults 25-54, up 52%. Both qualify as the second-highest deliveries for the zombie series behind the Season 3 premiere (7.3 million in 18-49, 6.1 million in 25-54).

The October series premiere of The Walking Dead ranks as the top telecast on broadcast or cable this fall among adults 18-49. And now, the series’ 18-49 average has topped all other fall series — cable or broadcast.

The Walking Dead Season 3 to date also reigns as the No. 1 ad-supported drama series in basic cable history among total viewers, adults 18-49, adults 25-54, adults 18-34 and all male demos. The remaining eight episodes of The Walking Dead Season 3 launch February 10.

by Anonymousreply 9512/03/2012

R91, the Gov knows the things he does aren't "right" because he lies about them to manipulate Andrea and the Woodburians.

He easily makes up stories to control people.

Classic sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 9612/03/2012

the show lacks dramatic tension. The characters are all flat and boring and the only development they do get feels contrived. It's poorly written, paced/plotted, and acted (for the most part).

But still, it's entertaining (zombies!!!)

by Anonymousreply 9712/04/2012

[quote]Andrea is white trash, she loves screwing and whiskey[/quote]

and don't forget shootin' guns

by Anonymousreply 9812/04/2012

Zombie Nation. No wonder Mitt Romney almost won.

by Anonymousreply 9912/04/2012

When the Governor brought Daryl in,I thought he was going to make him and Merle fight to the death.

by Anonymousreply 10012/04/2012

r100- I am suspecting he will. Or make them fight unleashed zombies.

by Anonymousreply 10112/04/2012

Tyrese (the new black guy) was in the novels, but from the beginning I think (part of the Atlanta group), with daughter Julie and her boyfriend. Interesting how they introduced him so late in the series. I think in the novels he was a football player pre zombies. Also, in the novels I think the governor was fucking his zombie daughter if I recall correctly.

A gay couple is introduced in the novels post prison, when the group (ten VERY small) moves towards DC. Eric and Aaron.

The series also skipped Dale being kidnapped off the farm and eaten alive by a small group of crazies, before rescue (with no legs) and then death. Rick lost a hand in the novels too. Andrew Lincoln was joking that he was happy that didn't make it to the series.

by Anonymousreply 10212/04/2012

It seems like they may be making Herschel the Dale stand-in at this point. I'm also guessing that the creepy prisoner is going to end up following the plot of the murderous prisoner in the comics that kills Herschel's twin daughters and slices Andrea's face from lip to ear.

by Anonymousreply 10312/04/2012

I'm done talking or thinking about it until it comes back, clicking off thread.

by Anonymousreply 10412/04/2012

What is the Governor's motivation to kill everyone? With the National Guard he gained their weapons. That made sense. But didn't he say in the last episode that he wants to find the prison to destroy it?

by Anonymousreply 10512/04/2012

He's a crazy Jim Jones type of cult leader. In his mind every other group is a threat to his leadership.

by Anonymousreply 10612/04/2012

The Governor wants people to be compliant and loyal to him. He will kill anyone who might threaten his authority. At this point any group that has survived the zombie apocalypse out there on its own under a strong capable leader would be seen as a threat by him. Such a group will have its own tight knit bonds and loyalties and be less likely to blindly follow him.

by Anonymousreply 10712/04/2012

I still don't understand why the Governor hooked up with Andrea. I can understand why she did it. But him? When we first met him, there was some attractive nude woman sleeping in his bed. Why risk getting involved with a stranger? Is it anything other than a story contrivance?

by Anonymousreply 10812/04/2012

Andrea is just a temporary fuck. When the Governor is done,her head will end up in the tank with rest of them.

by Anonymousreply 10912/04/2012

Interview with Norman

by Anonymousreply 11012/04/2012

Bump

by Anonymousreply 11112/04/2012

And you better take my opinions on TWD seriously, because I'll shoot a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 11212/05/2012

I'm thinking that it is time for Michonne to kick Rick in the nuts to bring him back to reality.

PS,she kicked the Governor's ass!!

by Anonymousreply 11312/05/2012

So in the comic does Rick go all talking with the dead bonkers?

by Anonymousreply 11412/05/2012

The show may only allow one black character on at a time but at least they haven't gone as far as to make the zombies racist.

by Anonymousreply 11512/05/2012

"A man has been arrested for allegedly shooting his girlfriend during a heated argument over the television show "The Walking Dead," authorities say.

Jared Gurman, 26, was charged with attempted murder after shooting his girlfriend with a .22-caliber rifle at his Williston Park, N.Y., home early Monday morning, police said Tuesday."

OMG, look at the photo at r112's link. That guy is 26 years old?

by Anonymousreply 11612/05/2012

Glen looked pretty good with his shirt off.

by Anonymousreply 11712/06/2012

Love me some Glenn. I've had a crush on Reedus since forever.

by Anonymousreply 11812/06/2012

Anyone want to keep the WD fun going through hiatus? What about making up possible upcoming episodes, probable or impossible, using the characters?

"On the next episode of AMC's The Walking Dead" - Tyreese slaps the Sheriff's hat off of Carl's head in a fit of anger. Just as Carl takes aim to shoot Tyreese, Rick's group returns...

by Anonymousreply 12012/09/2012

bumppity-bump-bump

by Anonymousreply 12112/12/2012

Why can't this show keep a boss?

Glen Mazzara is quitting.

by Anonymousreply 12212/21/2012

Isn't that remarkable, you've got to wonder who can't get along with who...

by Anonymousreply 12312/21/2012

Someone needs to leak some gossip from the behind the scenes of that set.

Mazzara was happy about the show in interviews, the network execs must have been demanding to slash the budget like they were rumoured to have done last season. And Mazzara said fuck it because he knows he couldn't run the show properly that way. It's a successful show, they should just back the fuck off or they're going to tank it.

A zombie show like this is going to need a bigger budget than a regular show, you would think they made enough revenue back with the metric tonnes of merchandise they are selling, but greed is greed.

by Anonymousreply 12412/21/2012

Is that what's going on? Budget issues? WD pays the bills but they spend all the cash on low rated mad men.

by Anonymousreply 12512/22/2012

Wow, this is a real loss for TWD. I've respected Mazzara's work since he was a writer on The Shield. To put this in perspective, he is someone who has worked with Kurt Sutter. As such, he's a man who can put up with all sorts of unpleasantness [not knocking Sutter's talent, though]. For him to quit, I imagine he was facing an insurmountable avalanche of bullshit.

I question whether AMC is going to be able to lure someone as capable as Mazzara. If you're a showrunner who has integrity and actually cares about quality and consistency, why would you take a chance with a network that has a track record of screwing over such people?

by Anonymousreply 12612/22/2012

To go along with what you said r126, Sutter tweeted about how the suits at AMC must be impossible to work with.

by Anonymousreply 12712/22/2012

forgot the link...

by Anonymousreply 12812/22/2012

Thanks for the link, R127. Sutter is not always objective or rational when it comes to his own work, but he's usually right on when it comes to articulating the challenges that showrunners, in general, face within the industry.

by Anonymousreply 12912/22/2012

Mad Men is almost over,Why are AMC's suits cutting other's shows budgets to feed it?

by Anonymousreply 13012/22/2012

Bumping because it's less than a month till it's back. Andrea better get her shit together!

by Anonymousreply 13101/12/2013

AMC is re-running season 1 today (2/03), starting at 3PM. As a bonus, at 6:35PM they're gonna show the first 2 minutes of the next new episode.

by Anonymousreply 13202/03/2013

The winter premiere is tonight at 9 PM Eastern. Plenty of action tonight at the prison and Woodbury.

by Anonymousreply 13302/10/2013

Less than an hour away.

by Anonymousreply 13402/10/2013

Wow, I have to say that episode was underwhelming.

It was basically a repeat of the mid-season finale, and the story somewhat dragged.

Interesting how Kevin Smith called out Rick's reaction to seeing "Lori's ghost" as unrealistic (on the Talking Dead). Instead of being angry, he should have been happy to "see her." Weird.

I don't know what to make of this season yet, but I have a feeling that Rick is gone by the end of this season.

There's no way that he can return from the brink of madness. In the "real world," he'd seek professional help, but in the zombie apocalypse, he has nowhere to go but down. He'll either off himself or be eaten by a zombie. This is the inevitable conclusion for Rick.

My concern is that there are no actors who can pull off the leadership role like Andrew Lincoln, and I fear the show will suffer.

Rick has always shown his acting gravitas as a leader, from day one, but it will be a stretch to make Glenn or Daryl the leader. Neither of them is a leading man. And the Governor is a super bad guy, so he's sort of the anti-typical leading man.

It's strange that the show really seems to be reflecting the chaos on the business end of AMC. They think they can just go through producers like kleenex, but they have no idea that it is absolutely reflected in the overall feeling of the show.

I'm afraid that this is the beginning of the end for TWD. Between the bad writing and the carousel of producers, I'm just not feeling it anymore.

What a pity, because I'm a HARD CORE fan of the show.

by Anonymousreply 13502/11/2013

Rick ain't going anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 13602/11/2013

And neither is Lori, unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 13702/11/2013

So what do we think will happen to Daryl and Merle? I think they are going to come back.

by Anonymousreply 13802/11/2013

R135 Rick isn't going anywhere.

The midseason premiere was terrible. Stilted writing (the "I'm the first brotha fighting to get back in prison" exchange wtf?), poor acting from a lot of the regulars and supporting cast, and absolutely miserable pacing. The dramatic tension in most scenes is as dead as the zombies: everything is so flat and lacking urgency.

It felt like the farm all over again.

by Anonymousreply 13902/11/2013

Here is the link to the official thread for season 3 part 2

by Anonymousreply 14002/11/2013

This thread wins.

I thought the episode was OK, but I'm waiting for things to pick up again.

Rick is irrational and it slows down the show.

by Anonymousreply 14102/12/2013

Isn't anyone weary of the living killing the living? I know they need drama, I know it's a TV show, but the fact that the world is full of ghouls that want to EAT YOU, should provide enough drama about survival.

by Anonymousreply 14202/12/2013

WTF?? is up with Michonne? She can't even answer a simple question, just stands there, scowling. Makes no sense and is irritating as hell. We don't have any backstory on her at all. She apparently has a strong survival instinct or she wouldn't be alive, so why does she antagonize the others with her attitude?

I get that she would find it hard to open up, however being virtually mute is another story.

by Anonymousreply 14302/12/2013

Michonne is unbearable. I have no sympathy for her. She could've told Andrea all about the governor and chose not to. She could've told Rick and his group about Andrea and they might not have been so suspicious. She's one of those people who make everything so much harder and then blame everyone else when those people can't read their mind.

by Anonymousreply 14402/12/2013

The way Michonne and Rick are currently written slows everything down for no discernible reason.

by Anonymousreply 14502/12/2013

So many good observations on this thread...

Michonne has (had?) the potential to be a great character. She could have been someone with a rich back story to account for her aforementioned survival instincts and who seemed to bring to the table a blend of compassion and strength. She took care of an ailing Andrea - someone who was a stranger to her - for months while still being a Katana-wielding bad ass who kept two walkers as pets/cover.

As other posters have mentioned, she has basically been rendered a scowling mute. I'm not confident that the show will course correct with this character. I noticed that Michonne actually has at least one line next week and I would be happy if they prove my assessment wrong. I just don't understand how they could have made such a huge blunder with this character in the first place.

But, as R145 notes, there are also problems in how Rick is currently being written. I guess if the writers have decided to throw away the internal logic of THE lead character of the show, then I shouldn't be surprised when they botch supporting characters.

That being said, I'm still hopelessly addicted to this show. It's just that, as R135 noted, the fact that they're running through producers shows in the problems they are having with pacing and consistency. [Also, R135, I totally agree that this episode was underwhelming for all the reasons you mentioned] We're three seasons in and it still feels like a show that is trying to find its footing.

by Anonymousreply 14602/12/2013

Still love the show but Rick and his crazy popping up at random times is really bizarre. And his refusal to allow the new people to stay is ridiculous considering how he begged Hershel to allow them to stay at the farm and pointed out they would die if they had to leave.

by Anonymousreply 14702/12/2013

I wish they followed the comic more for story.

by Anonymousreply 14802/12/2013

I'm still addicted to this show but as I wrote on the other thread, I'm tired of Rick's bullshit, and when the story lags you really see how poorly staged the show is. Can't they hire some film directors who are fans of the show to direct one episode?

by Anonymousreply 14902/12/2013

Did anyone else notice the phantom Lori was a zombie? Is Robert Kirkman a total dick? I've seen him interviewed and he came across as kind of a smart ass but I'm not sure if he was just trying to be funny or if he's genuinely a jerk. Kurt Sutter doesn't sound overly fond of him on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 15002/13/2013

Did anyone else notice the show looked much grittier, I don't mean thematically, I mean the look of the film they shot it with? Last season was so clear etc. Loved the show...

by Anonymousreply 15102/13/2013

How could you tell R150? It was so dark.

by Anonymousreply 15202/13/2013

Rick's decision to reject the new group makes no sense. He has to know the Governor will want revenge and come looking for them. He needs all the help he can get, especially now that Darryl is gone. I can understand caution, but the Tyrese offered to stay in another part of the prison, find their own supplies etc. Seems reasonable to me, especially with the looming threat.

by Anonymousreply 15302/13/2013

The only reason Rick is doing it is because the writers are idiots and need him to act that way to artificially create tension.

by Anonymousreply 15402/13/2013

POSSIBLE SPOLIERS

He didn't reject the new group - at some point he lost it and was talking to Laurie to get out, they just all assumed he was talking to the new people. In the comic Michone joins the group much eariler, Glenn, Rick and Michone find Woodbury and the Governor cuts off Rick's hand, and rapes Michone while Glenn listens. Then he lets them go to find out where the prison is. Lori does not die in child birth but is killed with her baby when Woodbury attacks. A lot of people who have died already on the show are still alive in the comic at this point and there are more in the group as they left out huge chunks of plot.

I can't imagine they will let the baby die on tv.

by Anonymousreply 15502/13/2013

That doesn't have anything to do with the tv show R155. I can't imagine that they would follow the woodbury/prison showdown in the comics

VAGUE SPOILERS*********************************** And have just the two people left standing. VAGUE SPOILERS***********************************

That would be insanely ballsy but it'd probably alienate a lot of the audience.

Still some people will die. I think the "bad" guys are probably a given, but who else?

by Anonymousreply 15602/13/2013

I think it's fun that they are going with showing the entire series in black & white on Thursday nights. It was cool when they did that with the premier episode last year.

by Anonymousreply 15702/14/2013

There was not just two left standing, some left in the rv when they knew woodbury was coming - Rick and his kid were left from the rest. I would say a good bet is Carole will die - she committed suicide in the comic by letting a walker eat her.

But they don't have the RV or Dale. Woodbury is more average people with some paramilitary folks on the show. There is something really creepy going on with the Doc's younger daughter and her reaction to Rick (that kiss) I would be willing to bet we will see Rick make love to her while he thinks it is Laurie.

by Anonymousreply 15802/14/2013

Rick and Glen and the white prisoner are the only men left in the group. Herschel doesn't count because he's a legless gomer.

Glen should hit Rick with a rock, tie him up and let the other people join the group.

by Anonymousreply 15902/14/2013

Andrea is still alive in comics and Michonne,right?

by Anonymousreply 16002/14/2013

Yes R160. As are Rick, Carl, and Maggie (and Sophia).

by Anonymousreply 16102/14/2013

I think this series would be just fine without Rick...

by Anonymousreply 16202/17/2013

Do people actually watch that Comic Book Men series? A bunch of fat, middle-aged losers sitting around talking about comic books. Well, if people watch the Kardashians, I guess they'll watch anything.

by Anonymousreply 16302/17/2013

I can't bring myself to watch this season. I read all the comics over the summer and the bleakness, the grimness...it was too much. I'm not going to give anything away, but I will say that it's some of the darkest, most hopeless stuff out there

by Anonymousreply 16402/18/2013

I kind of envy the world they live in. All the bullshit we have to deal with day in and day out is gone--it's pure survival. Life today is pure survival, but theirs is without all the bullshit that goes with it.

by Anonymousreply 16502/18/2013

I'll stay in the present. Easier to get food.

I read somewhere that the entire world has about a 3 month supply of food. In the US, the non-dead would have wiped out every supermarket shelf within a week.

by Anonymousreply 16602/18/2013

Daryl is such a fucking stud.

by Anonymousreply 16702/18/2013

And he's become MORE civilized as the story unfolds.

by Anonymousreply 16802/18/2013

I think after a bleh 2nd season and a slow 3rd season start, this season has definitely improved.

by Anonymousreply 16902/18/2013

Where the hell were Tyrese and his friends during the prison assault? I know it was hinted during The Talking Dead that we will learn more about them because they are no longer at the prison. It was a major continuity failure to have them disappear with no explanation at all, especially with this show not doing Lost-style flashbacks.

by Anonymousreply 17002/18/2013

Yeah, last week I thought Tyrese and family had just retreated back to their cell, but now we find out (on the Talking Dead!) that they have left the prison. WTF?

by Anonymousreply 17102/18/2013

I thought they left the prison after Rick got all crazy screaming at Lori's ghost at the end of last week's episode.

by Anonymousreply 17202/18/2013

Rick needs a shower again.

The Governor must die.

by Anonymousreply 17302/18/2013

Tyrese did say that they were just going to go as Rick was flipping out. I also assumed that meant they would agree to stay in their section of the prison, but it could have been taken either way.

It makes sense that they completely left the prison given that they realized the group was being led by a guy that seemed like a complete lunatic. But the show could have made that more obvious rather than leaving it for a Talking Dead viewer question to clarify.

That scene when Carl and Glenn were mapping out the prison and they mentioned where Tyrese told them the breach was, maybe that was supposed to tell us that Tyrese wasn't present anymore to discuss it with.

by Anonymousreply 17402/19/2013

Was Michonne living/sleeping in an abandoned bus in the prison field? I didn't understand why she was hanging out there.

And who was the masked driver of the delivery truck full of walkers? It had to be someone we know, right, or they wouldn't have bothered showing us that the driver was all in black with a black helmet. Andrea and Milton are the only 2 other names I know from Woodbury, and they were both still back in town.

So who was driving?

by Anonymousreply 17502/19/2013

The masked driver was to skinny to be Milton and the driver shot at Rick and the others so I hope it's not Andrea.

by Anonymousreply 17602/19/2013

Danai Gurira who plays Michonne was on "The View" yesterday and was unrecognizable. She was gorgeous with an almost shaved head and a million dollar smile that you never see on WD

by Anonymousreply 17702/19/2013

The show just illustrates that Kirkman doesn't know how to write for a tv show. He was on Talk Dead saying Laura wasn't a ghost but a reminder to Rick of the goodtimes and when he is about to make a bad decision like kick Tyrese out. Huh? When you have to explain what the audience is viewing-it's bad. And even the other actor who was killed in the last show was joking that Rick acting all King Lear and stuff. Kirkman didn't like that.

The writing is really bad and you can tell that because when there is no action scenes the show is crippled. I only care for Daryl and Rick. Kill off the rest of them and replace the writers

by Anonymousreply 17802/19/2013

I like this season so far. Some parts from the book, some new.

If they follow the books the governor will be back with tanks and other equipment (like the ones he got from that national guard troop), and all shit will hit the fan for Rick and his group. As said up-post, one of the most disturbing parts of the book was Lori (who is still alive at this point) is shot during the prison attack, and a bullet rips through her while holding Judith. Both die. That's when Rick begins to go crazy, not as early as in the TV version. In the books all of Hershel's kids besides Maggie are already dead ... the younger ones (Beth; and there were others) got decapitated by some crazies when first entering the prison.

So, we'll see what happens on TV; as said up-thread not sure they will have the balls to kill a baby (my personal guess is no), but the books see continued craziness to come. Near rape of Carl by a group of men for one. Bet that won't make TV either.

by Anonymousreply 17902/19/2013

I agree with R178.

Kirkman seemed like a tool on Talking Dead.

by Anonymousreply 18002/19/2013

Most people watch the show for the action scenes not character development. The last bit of good writing was when the group fled the farm and Rick made his dictatorship speech. I didn't even realize in the last episode that when Meryl ripped Daryl' shirt off that he saw scars on Daryl's back. I only saw the tats. But figured things out when Meryl said that is why he left or he would of killed the man (their father).

by Anonymousreply 18102/19/2013

If the producers/writers are smart, they'll keep Judith around for a little bit to create some dramatic tension. Baby crying and attracting walkers /human enemies would be interesting to watch at least once.

by Anonymousreply 18202/19/2013

That baby will have to learn trained to not cry. I heard the Native Americans would cover their babies mouths to train them.

by Anonymousreply 18302/19/2013

Like in the final episode of MASH. They'll have to kill little Judith just to stay alive. Buh-bye!

by Anonymousreply 18402/21/2013

If I were being chased by a herd, I would be tempted to throw that screaming baby out for them to eat while I keep on running. It would be just like if a pack of dogs was chasing me and I had some T-bone steaks in hand.

The Zombie Apocalypse changes people.

by Anonymousreply 18502/21/2013

I don't think they will kill the baby but age her. Carl and Judith will be the last survivors of the group. Representing the generation living with zombies.

by Anonymousreply 18602/21/2013

What's going to happen on the next episode?

by Anonymousreply 18702/23/2013

people will die

by Anonymousreply 18802/23/2013

[quote] people will die

But they won't stay dead

by Anonymousreply 18902/24/2013

I thought there were only 2 or 3 more episodes for the season, but I was wrong. They are running 16 episodes for Season 3, so we have 6 more.

The season finale will be at the end of March.

So if some sort of battle for control of the prison is the big conflict at the end, they still have time to build to that conclusion. I'm imagining Season 3 will end similarly to Season 2, with the group defeated or overwhelmed and on the road once again.

by Anonymousreply 19002/24/2013

Add me to the list of people who could do with Robert Kirkman appearing on The Talking Dead. He comes across as a smug asshole on the show.

by Anonymousreply 19102/24/2013

R181, I think Walking Dead is many things to different people.

I don't know that most people watch for the action alone...I heard some guys at that local lumberyard describe Walking Dead as their "man-soap".

Watching how the relationships develop, and the seeing the question of Rick-as-hero deals with the situations...is compelling.

For those guys it's at least partly about the question "how would I manage a zombie apocalypse".

I would add these guys all hunt.

by Anonymousreply 19202/24/2013

FYI...It looks like Walking Dead is on an hour earlier this Sunday.

It's listed at 9pm not 10pm today.

Counter programming with the Oscars I bet.

by Anonymousreply 19302/24/2013

It's always on at 9 p.m.

by Anonymousreply 19402/24/2013

This is fucking tragic, lol. "The Walking Dead" is the best show on TV and after two months this thread only has 194 comments. Shitty shows like "Honey Boo-Boo", "The Bachelor" and "Real Housewives" nearly max out after a couple of weeks. The Oscar threads are filling up quickly. Are we gays really that shallow? Damn, I'm considering turning in my membership card at the front desk.

by Anonymousreply 19502/24/2013

R194, it's usually on at 10 in my area,.

by Anonymousreply 19602/24/2013

Shane (r195) this is Part 2 of the Season 3 discussion which means the original thread maxed out at 600+ posts.

Plus, someone started another thread for Season 3 that started up after the winter break. So that thread has siphoned off some of the posters that would normally have gone here.

But even with all that, your point is valid and sad that Real Housewives of Beverly Hills nonsense fills up threads much faster than Walking Dead.

by Anonymousreply 19702/24/2013

Watching last week's show now. Look like Lori gained some decent sized ass and tits in the afterlife.

Seriously though, could they not find a double with her body type to go stand in a field?

by Anonymousreply 19802/24/2013

I wish they would stop taking breaks and splitting the season in two.

I forgot that the show is back, and now I have three episodes to watch.

by Anonymousreply 19902/24/2013

It's on at the regular Central time.

by Anonymousreply 20002/24/2013

I saw the guy who played Shane in a trailer this week but I don't remember which movie it was!

by Anonymousreply 20102/24/2013

R201, I think it's the new movie starring The Rock.

by Anonymousreply 20202/24/2013

I love the split, r199. It makes the wait for the new season just a little shorter.

by Anonymousreply 20302/24/2013

So... Tyrese and Co. will join the governor. Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 20402/24/2013

I guess everyone else is watching the oscars.

by Anonymousreply 20502/24/2013

Totally fake zombie head movement during the chop chop scene. I've seen zombie ground breakers at suburban homes on Halloween that were less fake.

by Anonymousreply 20602/24/2013

The prison is starting to lag. I'm ready for the big showdown and for Rick's group to be on the run again.

by Anonymousreply 20702/24/2013

To hell with Rick. Carol should be in charge of the gang at the prison.

by Anonymousreply 20802/24/2013

You'd think they might have come across some board games to take back to the prison on one of their supply runs.

by Anonymousreply 20902/24/2013

Will they end the governor's run on the show at the end of the season? They ended season 2 killing Shane and leaving the farm.

by Anonymousreply 21002/24/2013

I agree that Carol is evolving. She's actually shooting now. I hope the writer's keep it up.

by Anonymousreply 21102/24/2013

Carol doesn't have anyone to female-bond with like at the camp, when the show first started.

She can't bond with a mute like Michonne.

by Anonymousreply 21202/24/2013

I hope they don't kill Carol. I've really grown to like her.

by Anonymousreply 21302/25/2013

What a fucking BORING episode.

by Anonymousreply 21402/25/2013

Yeah, it was a time waster. I guess we were supposed to be grossed out by Andrea's butchering of the ridiculous dummy made up to look like a zombie. I could see rolled up pieces of paper inside one of the rubber arms.

A video of mice at the Magnolia Bakery would have been more frightening.

by Anonymousreply 21502/25/2013

Andrea needs a comeuppance badly.

by Anonymousreply 21602/25/2013

Andrea pisses me off.

by Anonymousreply 21702/25/2013

As annoying and self-righteous as Andrea is, she sees the futility of war between the groups and wants to avert it, which is a sane position.

by Anonymousreply 21802/25/2013

Carol looks like she's in a constant state of arousal like her beav is on constant drip but she's cool about it unlike Andrea who is Minxy McCoy all hot and bothered.

by Anonymousreply 21902/25/2013

Why the hell didn't Maggie tell her what happened to her and Glen in Woodbury? Maybe Andrea would have changed her stupid mind and sided with Rick and the others.

For such a small group they sure don't exchange info very often. So sick of that soap operaesque plot device.

The prison scenes are getting old. Why don't they just leave. I would. After all they are a battle hardened group by now and the Governor has them outmanned and outgunned.

My guess is that we will basically mark time until the big finale when the prison is attacked. I hope I'm wrong.

by Anonymousreply 22002/25/2013

Yeah, get them out of the prison. It's getting stale.

by Anonymousreply 22102/25/2013

Michonne had her longest speech, something about Andrea choosing a warm bed over her friend...and then she said something like....

"And that's why I went back to Woodbury, to.... something something something...

I missed that part, anybody get it?

by Anonymousreply 22202/25/2013

R222 - "...expose him for what he is. I knew that it would hurt you."

by Anonymousreply 22302/26/2013

Those redneck boys are demons in the sack. I bet Daryl is the first decent fuck Carol's ever had.

by Anonymousreply 22402/26/2013

Thanks R222

Michonne makes a bad ex-girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 22502/26/2013

Do they really have access to so many cars at the prison that they can just give one to Andrea? And it's not like they know she's gonna be bringing it back. They can only partly trust her right now.

At the beginning of the season I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt. I was sure they were trying to give us the impression that the residents of Woodbury were until some sport of mood control (something in the water?) or mass hypnosis or something along those lines. But apparently that doesn't seem to be the case and so Andrea's behavior doesn't make a whole lot of consistent sense to me.

Rick should have given her that delivery van that's still sitting out in the yard of the prison. I'm sure it gets much better gas mileage now that it's been emptied of zombies.

by Anonymousreply 22602/26/2013

This episode sucked ass. It was so slow and so boring. And please make that girl stop singing folk songs!!!

I guess they knew it would be a flop going up against the Academy Awards, so this show was just a throwaway.

This second half of the season has been extremely disappointing. I'm thisclose to tuning out.

by Anonymousreply 22702/26/2013

I hate to say it, because I do love icy blondes, but I think Andrea has to die. She's just horrible.

by Anonymousreply 22802/26/2013

[quote]Do they really have access to so many cars at the prison that they can just give one to Andrea?

Woodbury is just a few neighborhood blocks barricaded off. Each garage probably had a car and then all the houses outside the gates.

by Anonymousreply 22902/26/2013

She got the car at the prison, not at Woodbury.

by Anonymousreply 23002/26/2013

[quote] I guess they knew it would be a flop going up against the Academy Awards, so this show was just a throwaway.

I highly doubt this was a consideration, knowing that it is no longer 1976 and people can dvr the show, watch it on their computer, or when it is rerun later that night or later in the week.

by Anonymousreply 23102/26/2013

It seemed there were some editing problems near the end or did I miss something? Out of the blue Carol tells Andrea she needs to give the Governor a great roll in the hay and then kill him. WTF? Why would Carol say this? That was really dumb. All Andrea had to do was shoot him on sight.

by Anonymousreply 23202/26/2013

Tom Waite is not a folk singer. Andrea is supposed to be a lawyer but her character is becoming so unredeemable she needs to be killed off early just like Lori. I don't understand why they don't move to another government facility. The CDC had more than one in Atlanta and they are highly secured.

There are a lot of cars available since as seen most people didn't make it out. And in a real life evacuation crisis-Atlanta is screwed. I lived there for a while. Instead of waiting for the Governor to attack the prison- they should sneak back in and kill him.

Robert Kirkman has no writing skills at all and this is the farm season all over again.

I'm tired of Rick's hallucinations. Please- get over it. I can understand him grieving over killing his best friend and his dead wife but he has 2 kids to live for. The whole Laura in white is silly. She was a slut when she was alive and still a slut in death.

if they want to be a soap opera just give me a sex scene between Daryl and Carol. I want to see Daryl' ass.

by Anonymousreply 23302/26/2013

Yeah, Lori was fucking Shane in the woods only a couple of weeks after Rick's "death."

Ho.

Why are the women characters do awful on this show? Only Carol seems sane and she was beaten half to death by her husband.

Lori and Andrea are sluts. Maggie's a slut, too. She took her shirt of in the pharmacy and basically told Glenn to get to it and fuck her.

The women are sex-crazed and the men are these stoic heroes.

I doubt kirkman is married.

by Anonymousreply 23402/26/2013

I don't want them to kill Andrea. She was a decent character in the first two seasons... it's only this season that she strayed with the governor. I hope they redeem her character and not kill her off.

by Anonymousreply 23502/26/2013

Carol blurting out that plan seemed out of character. Even if she thought killing the governor would solve all their problems, why was it necessary to add the part about giving him a night to remember (paraphrasing here). Why not just tell Andrea to kill him when she gets a chance?

by Anonymousreply 23602/26/2013

[quote]Michonne makes a bad ex-girlfriend.

Lol, it's exactly what I was thinking. Michonne is the worst. She could've just told Andrea her thoughts about the governor and knowing how self-righteous Andrea is, she probably would've believed her. But no, Michonne had to be a cunt about it and now blames Andrea for it.

Seriously these writers can't write women for shit. All the women are the worst. The men aren't too great either.

by Anonymousreply 23702/26/2013

I'm embarassed to admit I think Merle is hot.

by Anonymousreply 23802/26/2013

I'm usually not into Asian dudes, but I think Glen is quite fuckable. I'd love have him lie on his back, put his legs in the air, and let me go to town on that little ass. Daryl? I like to have him top me. He would be fucking brutal, I think. Rick's good looking, except he has skinny chicken legs, Shane had a great body, but his face and ears were fug. Merle? Sexy in a strange sort of way. I do the Governor too. I'd bang his ass so hard he'd see God.

by Anonymousreply 23902/26/2013

Merle wasn't bad looking in his youth.

by Anonymousreply 24002/26/2013

I WANT to continue watching this show, and I've loved it, but it's just losing me. Not really sure why.

Maybe it's the fact that after a while, we all realize it's a zombie apocalypse, everyone has the virus, it's never going to stop....

That pretty much leaves it there. People will either have to survive as-is, or die. When I stop to realize that, it makes wanting to continue following the story seem worthless.

I hope they let the series die with dignity instead of dragging it out to the last lonely viewer.

by Anonymousreply 24102/26/2013

I am completely with you, R241. I don't know why the show is losing me either, but the storyline is not as exciting, the characters are almost all new, and the writing is horrible.

I can safely say that the show jumped the shark on February 24, 2013. That episode was boring as hell, and nearly pointless. It added nothing to the overall direction of the show, and could have been omitted, without skipping a beat.

I guess 2 1/2 seasons in, is not a bad run. R.I.P. Walking Dead. You've now become a zombie.

by Anonymousreply 24202/26/2013

There's really no point to a continuing zombie saga.

We need to find safety, wait there are zombies!

Wait, there are Chicanos at a nursing home!

Wait, there's a farm!

Wait, more zombies.

Here's a prison, but it's got zombies and prisoners in it!

Wait, now there's a soft-spoken paranoid power hungry leader of a community who wants to kill us.... But he attacks us once and then runs away. He doesn't surround the prison with his scouts to intercept anyone coming out.

The eternal sunshine of Herschel's spotless farm gives way to the even more tedious prison where everyone sits around saying they are sitting ducks.

More fake zombie gore, more talk of a war, more arguing about Merle ...

by Anonymousreply 24302/26/2013

It would be more interesting as a "Run For Your Life" type of show, where the protagonist went to a different place every few episodes and then moved on. Rick looking for his wife and son, hearing that they've been spotted just over the hills... He gets there just as they've left. But he gets involved in helping the remaining people fight off zombies and resolve personal conflicts, then moves on to the west, where his wife and kid were last headed...

by Anonymousreply 24402/26/2013

I don't even know if I want to watch it tonight. I think maybe comic book readers are easier to please than television audiences.

by Anonymousreply 24503/03/2013

"I think maybe comic book readers are easier to please than television audiences."

have you been watching television for the past 15 years? The Kardassians, American Idol, the Bachelor, Honey BooBoo. I mean really...

by Anonymousreply 24603/03/2013

Yeah, but they're not plot-driven shows and they don't spend weeks and months at a farmhouse and a prison dithering around with weak "character development."

I know the characters by now. Move it along, toots (writers).

Maybe the show keeps losing show runners because they want to introduce more characters who might be interesting, but the suits don't want to pay for it.

by Anonymousreply 24703/03/2013

The show just announced for the 4th season that the showrunner will become the Executive Producer. I don't know if the new guy will be sharing duties with Robert Kirkman but at least Robert will be pushed to the side alittle in order to save the show.

by Anonymousreply 24803/03/2013

More ridiculous breakdowns in communications. Rick could easily have said, "I used to be a policeman here. My name is Rick Grimes. Who are you?" before automatically shooting the shit out of people.

And why ignore the poor backpacker? They need all tje help they can get at the prison. .

by Anonymousreply 24903/03/2013

Why would. getting shot in the body armor area cause someone to be unconscious?

by Anonymousreply 25003/03/2013

This is one of the best shows on TV and tonight's ep is really good. Much better than last week's.

by Anonymousreply 25103/03/2013

I foresee a romance between Rick and Michonne next season...

by Anonymousreply 25203/03/2013

Well I thought that they would at least pick up the poor hiker.

by Anonymousreply 25303/03/2013

R250, I haven't seen tonight's episode yet, but supposedly armor can protect against penetration of bullets, but obviously you'll still feel the impact. Depending on the kind of armor, it feels like getting punched with a fist or a brick. So it's not a pain free thing.

I do hope they push Kirkman off to the side a little. From watching Talking Dead I think he's part of the problem. He's a douche. And he doesn't seem to get that graphic novels and tv shows are two different things.

by Anonymousreply 25403/03/2013

I was hoping we would see the hitch hiker again at the end of the episode being left behind once again or maybe even being picked up. It's a pity he met the fate he did; but it is not surprising.

Did the ZA strike the people on the International Space Station or was it an Earth-bound only event? I doesn't really matter I suppose because they are likely dead by now due to the lack of supplies.

What percentage of humans are still alive as humans and have not turned into walkers yet? 2%? 5%? I would like to see more discussion of this aspect of the ZA ELE. It seems like there is no recovery possible for the human species, or for most other large land dwelling mammals. At least the whales, dolphins, sharks and saltwater fish specifies should be able to recover given how they are most likely no longer being overfished.

by Anonymousreply 25503/03/2013

OK, what is the point in not helping the hitchhiker?? Same thing with the other group of people they told to leave the prison.

Am I missing something??

by Anonymousreply 25603/04/2013

Yay! Michonne was given lines and allowed to show emotion beyond contempt and suspicion.

I'm impressed that they finally got around to resolving the Morgan storyline. I really think that is the hand of Glen Mazzara rather than Robert Kirkman. It takes guts to admit that you dropped the ball on a storyline and to finally address it. I could see Kirkman saying "Who gives a shit if we never see Morgan again?" and not seeing why it matters in terms of continuity.

As for the new showrunner - Scott Gimple - Kurt Sutter totally called it two months ago: "They’re going to plug somebody else in there; they’ll plug some pour soul in there, or, my sense is that they won’t even hire a showrunner. My sense is that…they’ll throw a shitload of executives at it. They’ll take some poor sap on the writing staff and elevate him."

Gimple wrote several episodes for the second and third seasons and has no prior showrunner experience.

by Anonymousreply 25703/04/2013

Michonne is growing on me...

by Anonymousreply 25803/04/2013

Walking Dead montage set to Skyfall

by Anonymousreply 25903/04/2013

The hitchhiker was to show how cold and callous Rick has become.

by Anonymousreply 26003/04/2013

I also think a romance is brewing between Rick and the Scowler.

I found the ending very haunting with the music playing and coming upon the remains of the hitchhiker. It really bothered me that they didn't pick him up. In fact, it bothered me as much as Dale and Sophia's deaths. I guess it's because I put myself in that poor guy's shoes. His desperation was heartbreaking. And maybe partly because I used to hitchhike.

One reason I like the show: It's always sunny and the birds are chirping and the crickets humming and the scenery is beautiful.

Another reason: they don't have work at a job that sucks the life out of the them. They don't have that awful daily grind. They have down time too, but we just don't see it. I'd rather take my chances with zombies than HR.

by Anonymousreply 26103/04/2013

The hitchhiker bit really pissed me off. What the hell!?! They can't even stop to check the guy out momentarily. I should think they'd be able to tell by now if he's infected, meryl-like, governor-like or what not. And for that matter, why leave Morgon alone in that state to continue a miserable lonely existence.

Why not bring all these people and the innocents turned away before back to the prison and make some semblance of a community. Honestly, the callous actions of the main characters are really getting ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 26203/04/2013

the characters are becoming more and more unlikeable...

by Anonymousreply 26303/04/2013

The group's failure to pick up the hitchhiker pissed me off as well. It smacks of bad writing on The Walking Dead TV show's part; IMO they should've had more scenes with strangers being untrustworthy enough for Rick and Co. to have good reason not to trust some Average Joe with a backpack begging for help.

And they let an asshole like Merle stay in the prison, yet turn their backs on a lone guy begging for help on the road? Doesn't make much sense. If they had made the backpacker (COMIC SPOILER) one of the Hunters, Rick would've had more reason not to trust him, but they haven't even introduced that storyline into the show yet, and they've propelled themselves way far ahead to the Morgan Returns storyline.

Did anyone watch The Talking Dead afterwards? Chris Hardwick mentioned that the backpack guy was getting roundly ridiculed and laughed at in an audience of 2,300 when that clip was shown at some kind of comic-con. Are we really becoming such assholes as a species, or is it just our country with no healthcare and no social services and a me-me-me first attitude? "It's MY money, bitch! You're not taking it! And screw the loser backpack guy!" I really have no hope for my country or its callous selfishness when I hear stories like this. We don't need a zombie apocalypse for people to be total ASSHOLES to each other, sadly. :(

by Anonymousreply 26403/04/2013

[quote] OK, what is the point in not helping the hitchhiker??

People, have you not been watching the show? There's an evolution happening.

It has been quite some time since the apocalypse began. I think it's pretty smart writing to show that the characters are becoming "different."

"Moral" characters like Rick and Morgan are going crazy because they just can't handle the new reality.

It was interesting to see that Michonne admitted she talked to her dead boyfriend, but that she has also adapted to the apocalypse.

Most interestingly, Carl is the one I'm keeping my eye on. As a child, this IS his reality. He saw glimpses of pre-zombie life, but these are his formative years, and he will continue to get harder, and harder. I think Carl will be the biggest badass of all, because he is growing up in the craziness.

Rick tried to help everyone, and it didn't work. They're all starting to see this now. You can't save everyone, and you can't help everyone. It's every man for himself.

Rick has concluded that his old personality of wanting to save the world, has not worked out so well. Good people have died, because of his leadership, and he has decided that they won't add any more people to their ranks.

And Michonne and Carl seemed perfectly fine with that decision. I think this was a real turning point for the characters.

[quote] What percentage of humans are still alive as humans and have not turned into walkers yet?

I started thinking about this. The walkers are starting to look more emaciated and decomposed.

At some point, the living won't have to contend with the dead, because their numbers will be dwindling.

According to WD mythology, the walkers can starve, and eventually "die" of starvation. This implies that after a year or two, the only new walkers will be those who have recently died, which can't be that many.

The world will start to shift from fighting the dead, to fighting the remaining living people.

I think that's where the Governor, and Morgan, and all the other little population enclaves, will factor in.

It will become a power struggle between the living, to see who will emerge victorious, which is why Rick and the Governor are building armies.

It's like feudalism all over again.

by Anonymousreply 26503/04/2013

At least Rick got himself a nifty new backpack.

by Anonymousreply 26603/04/2013

[quote] At least Rick got himself a nifty new backpack

Speaking of which, Michonne's character really made a leap forward, personality-wise.

There was a lot of humor in the episode.

Don't ask me why, but I giggled when they passed by the hitchhiker, and then when he caught up to the car, they ditched him again. That was worth a chuckle.

And then again, when Michonne recovered Carl's family photo, and then she said, "plus I had to get this. It was too cute to pass up." Or something to that effect. That scene made me smile.

This episode was much better than last week.

by Anonymousreply 26703/04/2013

I thought this episode was one of the best so far. If only because of all the sunlight! Very symbolic.

I took the whole hitch-hiker scenario as symbolic too as to what happens if a person takes an every man for himself attitude too far. What is the point of being alive at all if you fear every living person and refuse to trust anyone? You end up crazy like Morgan or roadkill like the hitchhiker. It serves no one.

The picking up of the backpack was clever, because they still have to be smart about it and can't afford to indulge in sentimentality. But I think Rick is aware now that he can't afford to continue being so isolated and fearful. Survival depends on retaining some of his pre-apocalypse humanity as much as everything else they have learned.

by Anonymousreply 26803/04/2013

He wasn't a hitchhiker, he was a backpacker. There are no hitchhikers in the zombie apocalypse.

Rick didn't try very hard to get Morgan to come with him. He could have had Carl and Michonne come in and try to convince Morgan to come along. Imagine if when Rick was all squirrelly the rest of the group said, "Later for you," and let the governor shoot him when he was outside the compound.

A full hour to show Morgan was alive but crazy, and we're leaving him and everyone else behind.

Back to the prison, back to the governor, back to everyone sitting around waiting to be killed.

by Anonymousreply 26903/04/2013

I think it's pretty clear why they passed up the hitchhiker. It's why they pushed out Tyrese. They don't have the time or the resources to take someone new in, and it's very difficult to build trust. Also, at this point why would someone wandering around with a backpack have survived? If they were with a group why were they ousted? He could have been dangerous.

What it really was though was bad and pointless writing in an otherwise powerful and dramatic episode (one of the best in the series despite the fact that the actor playing Morgan was not very good in scenes that required him to be absolutley epic), and that saw the terrible and depressing resolution of a character we've all wondered about. FINALLY there was some development of Michonne. This was some old school zombie stuff, dark, gritty, post apocalyptic. It called to mind the utter hopelessness of the genre, even the darkness of "The Road". To show him dead at the side of the road (which everyone knew was coming) as a consequence of Rick implicitly deciding to avoid him when he had clearly survived for more than a year on his own was beyond weak. Why all of a sudden did the hitchhiker lose all sense of survival instinct just because they drove by him, stumbling into a group of zombies with no means of escape? The reason people were laughing is because it was stupid and made no sense. It made zero impact on me because I didn't buy it in the slightest. Surely he had run into other survivors before. It just didn't work.

Otherwise, this ep was a great diversion from the failure of the Govenor storyline. It was really where this show should be most of the time, but isn't.

by Anonymousreply 27003/04/2013

So, I realize the comics make a point of not going into it, but why can't the television series delve into the societal backstory a little, as so many other have wondered and wanted to see?

I realize it isn't true to the actual comics/books but not everything is.

Would it somehow compromise the series to depict how it came about, where the President and other world leaders may be, if at all? If every country is affected, etc..?

I think it'd be greatly interesting as long as it were done right and in little pieces.

by Anonymousreply 27103/04/2013

Could someone please remind me who Morgon is? I haven't seen last night episode yet (I don't mind spoilers so spoil away) but, who's Morgon??

by Anonymousreply 27203/04/2013

Where would Rick be if Glen hadn't helped him? Where would Andrea be if Michonne hadn't seen her through her illness? Where would Lori and Carl be if not for Shane? What if the group hadn't been taken in at the farm? Every one of them would be dead.

The backpacker was an able bodied male who could have been an asset, same as Tyrese and his small group. In this universe you need all the friends you can get.

I didn't find it funny when they drove past the backpacker.

by Anonymousreply 27303/04/2013

"They can't even stop to check the guy out momentarily. I should think they'd be able to tell by now if he's infected, meryl-like, governor-like or what not."

She just disappears into every role. It's like nothing I've ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 27403/04/2013

Morgon was the man from the first season who saved Rick's life. He had a son and a wife who had turned. At night, Morgon could see his zombie wife outside with all the other zombies, but he couldn't bring himself to kill her.

by Anonymousreply 27503/04/2013

Thanks R275. So he FINALLY showed up. Does it look like he'll be an ongoing character? Is his son still around?

by Anonymousreply 27603/04/2013

Yeah, leaving the backpacker behind was unnecessarily harsh. And yeah, why are they letting Merle stick around after he's already proven himself a threat to their group; yet they push Andrea, Tyreese's group, and the backpacker guy away?

by Anonymousreply 27703/04/2013

Merle stays because they don't want to lose Daryl.

by Anonymousreply 27803/04/2013

[quote] Yeah, leaving the backpacker behind was unnecessarily harsh

Especially in an installment where Rick finds the man who saved his life in the very first first episode. First Morgan saved Rick. Then Glenn saved Rick. Then Herschel.

The backpacker could have been the last survivor of a small group of people who were slowly wiped out.

One of the silliest things about this show is the sheer number of intact zombies. WTF? Zombies eat humans. So why are there so many zombies with 4 limbs? There should be more zombies like the woman in the first episode who was partly devoured. Lori and T Dawg were fully devoured. While the virus has infected everybody and anyone who dies will become a zombie, most people are dying of zombie attacks. The ones who don't get shot in the head by the people with them.

There are too many mobile zombies with just a single shoulder or face wound.

by Anonymousreply 27903/04/2013

[quote] I think it's pretty clear why they passed up the hitchhiker. It's why they pushed out Tyrese.

They pushed out Tyrese because Rick was out of his mind crazy. If Rick had been his normal self, he would have allowed them to stay after a quarantine.

by Anonymousreply 28003/04/2013

I thought it was really shitty of them not to pick up that poor hitchhiker. Don't they need more people to help out too?

by Anonymousreply 28103/04/2013

This show is slowly but surely losing me. I'll keep watching, but there are so few likeable characters. There is not enough explication, not enough backstory to understand the characters motivations. I don't need everything spelled out for me, but a half smile on Michonne's face as she listens to Rick in the car is not enough (for example) to explain her complete about face from stony, sullen silence to helpful protector and friendly helpmate.

by Anonymousreply 28203/04/2013

So is Morgan going to eventually show up at the prison and what happened to that Hispanic family that took off on their own?

by Anonymousreply 28303/04/2013

[quote]It has been quite some time since the apocalypse began. I think it's pretty smart writing to show that the characters are becoming "different.""Moral" characters like Rick and Morgan are going crazy because they just can't handle the new reality.

And it's not smart writing to not have a hero. People want to root for the hero and this show now jumped the shark into they are all assholes, who cares territory. Rick was willing to bring back to the prison a guy who is nuts and actually stabbed him because he saved his life, once. Yet, let a innocent die on the road, with no thought of saving him. If you don't have someone to root for what's the point.

by Anonymousreply 28403/04/2013

Not to mention there was no reason for Michonne to hate the governor in the first place. He was nice to them, had a doctor see them, put them in a nice room. The audience knew not to trust the governor, but we saw and heard things that Michonne had not, until she saw the zombie head aquarium.

So suspicious, scowly Michonne suddenly goes all gooey when Rick tells her to drive the car? After he's been cooking in a crazy stew for days? WTF?

They not only didn't stop for the backpacker, they were completely uninterested. Not even a "Hey, there's an alive person. Hmmm. Whatever."

It's like the suits said, "No new characters. We're not paying another salary and we mean it. You brought back Merle and that's your new character." So the writers put a point on it.

by Anonymousreply 28503/04/2013

"what happened to that Hispanic family that took off on their own?"

Dead. When the trio went off the road and were stuck, it was the Hispanic family's car they were detouring around.

by Anonymousreply 28603/04/2013

I am disappointed they brought back the Morgan character. It would be much more "realistic" if he was never heard from again.

by Anonymousreply 28703/04/2013

[quote] "what happened to that Hispanic family that took off on their own?"

Do you mean the family from the first season? They took off to find other family members.

by Anonymousreply 28803/04/2013

"Not to mention there was no reason for Michonne to hate the governor in the first place."

She was suspicious because she saw the National Guard gear, truck etc. with blood all over it.

by Anonymousreply 28903/04/2013

Best episode of the second part of the season. When I saw the charred skulls and all of the sharpened sticks for some reason I thought oh shit cannibals. That would bring an interesting new element to the show.

This episode really makes you realize how terrible the prison and woobury storylines are. They're dragging on for too long in dull, predictable ways.

by Anonymousreply 29003/04/2013

Wasn't the father of the Hispanic family bitten in the campground attack where Andrea's sister Amy died? Also when that other guy got bitten in season one why did they just leave him on the side of the road to suffer and turn and maybe eventually hurt other people?

by Anonymousreply 29103/04/2013

[quote]Would it somehow compromise the series to depict how it came about, where the President and other world leaders may be, if at all? If every country is affected, etc..?

Yes it would. That's not the show we're following and it would be pretty jarring unless it came from the mouth of a new character they encounter.

I do wish they'd do more flashback beginnings. I know they did a Shane/Lori and it'd be pretty interesting to see how some of the other characters first reacted. So we get a sense of who the hell these people were and if in fact a zombie apocalypse changes you. I have my doubts about that.

I think people like the Governor were probably sociopaths beforehand in their own lives in everyday ways i.e. screwing coworkers over/having affairs. And people like Rick would eventually crack anyway. That's who he is. He takes on responsibilities and when he fails he blames himself. That would've caught up to him in his old life too.

Contrast those two with someone like Carol who lost her husband and whose daughter was a zombie, and after a period of mourning, she's actually doing okay. Or with Darryl. He didn't have the luxury to expect much from life, so he takes everything more or less in stride.

by Anonymousreply 29203/04/2013

I think I noticed the actress who played Morgan's zombie wife, was in a non-zombie crowd scene at Woodbury.

by Anonymousreply 29303/04/2013

[quote]Wasn't the father of the Hispanic family bitten in the campground attack where Andrea's sister Amy died?

No, that was another random Hispanic guy. The family was mom, dad and 2 kids, I think. I know one of the deleted scenes is Rick and crew going back to the old folks home where some other survivors were holed up in and taking care of the residents. Unfortunately, they were over run with zombies and by the time Rick's group went back everyone was dead or turned but, if I remember correctly, it looked as if someone had gone in a shot up everyone. The governor perhaps?

by Anonymousreply 29403/04/2013

Funny, R293, I thought I saw her as a zombie inside the restaurant.

by Anonymousreply 29503/04/2013

This was a good episode, the "road" eps on this series are the best ones. When they're holed up somewhere like the farm or the prison things aren't as exciting. I want to see an end to the Woodbury/prison storyline soon, it's really starting to drag.

by Anonymousreply 29603/04/2013

[quote]Dead. When the trio went off the road and were stuck, it was the Hispanic family's car they were detouring around.

The Latinos that the Dixons helped were not the dead ones blocking the road. They were driving a hatchback (remember Darryl killed a zombie with the hatchback) and the car on the road was a sedan.

by Anonymousreply 29703/04/2013

I've been meaning to ask this for a while, but since when can tv people say shit and bullshit on basic cable? Michonne said it at least twice on last night's episode.

by Anonymousreply 29803/04/2013

The layering of contradictions and the sheer number of polarized opinions about the events in this episode leads me to believe that its function was to emphasize the dramatic and lasting effects the Zombie apocalypse is having on all the characters.

* callousness of R,C, M and the desperation of the backpacker then later haunting with the music the remains of the backpacker vs. R stopping the car to grab the guys backpack

*the sunny spring weather with birds and crickets contrasting the dark human nature

*R, C,and M refuse without comment or interest to pick up the desperate hitchhiker twice, yet show compassion towards a crazy guy that tried to kill them simply b/c, after he was thought dead, R recognized him as the man that saved his life two years prior. Even still they leave him to himself, instead of convincing him to join them.

*R understands the need to gather forces to defeat the Governor, keeps Meryl, but (over 3 episodes) passes on three potentially amenable groups/people who'd be assets to the prison group.

*C and M show no emotion over the disregard for the desperate single backpacker, and are noted to generally despise one another through implied conversation, but bond through a forced situation.

We've already seen that the prison is big enough to house people or segregated groups in different areas, while still allowing them to unite under the necessity of protection,and ultimately they can kill or lock out anyone who becomes a true threat. Why do they not operate under this premise and vote on all potentials that they happen upon? Furthermore, didn't R all but give up most of his leadership role last week? If not couldn't the prison group just out vote his authority? How hard could it be. . . .

so many questions. . .too many loose ends and contrived plot devices. . .not quite to the extent of a Ryan Murphy show, but, yea, this show is starting to lose my interest as well. . .

Also,in response to r261's comments re: characters not having to work at a job that sucks the life out of the them, and following awful daily grind, while having the benefit of down time we don't see. I'd rather take my chances with zombies than HR. AMEN!

by Anonymousreply 29903/04/2013

FX and TNT shows have been using 'the brown word' for several years, r298.

What I thought was weird is that they bleeped it when Scott Porter said it live on Talking Dead right after the episode aired.

Also an interesting note from Talking Dead - they had a production note that said they producers wanted to bring back the Morgan character during Season 2. But they wanted to use the same actor and he is so in demand (apparently) that he wasn't available that year to film with them. So they had to revise the story around access to an actor. That's interesting.

by Anonymousreply 30003/04/2013

[quote] Don't ask me why, but I giggled when they passed by the hitchhiker

Why?

by Anonymousreply 30103/04/2013

Since me, R298. You're welcome. Ta.

by Anonymousreply 30203/04/2013

I thought it interesting that Merle and Darryl saved that Hispanic family, yet Rick drives right by the backpacker without a second look.

Isn't Rick the hero of this story? Why would the sociopaths Merle and Darryl be more humanitarian than the leader of the good guys?

by Anonymousreply 30303/04/2013

Is Michonne magical? The idiot kid dropped the picture right by the front door and it became crowded with zombies, who were clearly still there, as you could see them through the glass over the kids shoulder outside. In thirty seconds she managed to go around to the back door, go through the place to the front door, pick up the picture and shop for her own tchotchke all the while the zombies never turned around at the windows, was never out of breath, bloody or followed by the hoard.

by Anonymousreply 30403/04/2013

She found her way up to that roof pretty fast, too, without tripping any booby traps.

by Anonymousreply 30503/04/2013

I don't think Daryl is just taking thing as is. He can deal with the zombies world because life has been chit to him anyways. But he has grown attached to Rick, Carol and Carl. Someone on Talk Dead said it best: Daryl was an outdoor cat who realize its pretty cool indoors.

Too bad baby Janet is supposed to survive. If people think Carl will grow up as a badass; I would think Janet would grow up beyond vicious because this would be the only life she has known. And also I sense all Maggie, Carol and Maggie' sister caring for the baby but Maggie/Carol seem more guarded in not trying to bond too much to the baby. Maybe fearing she is not longed for this world. And Rick just started bonding with the baby when he was feeding her at the end of the last episode. They will have a very conflicted relationship not only with a father who is emotional guarded or crippled but also the fact that he knows that she isn't his.

I wish the show would put Michone and Rick together than Andrea and Rick as in the comics. Andrea likes corrupt people. Rick isn't corrupt but like Michone who spoke to her dead boyfriend and has adjusted to the new world. Rick is finding his way to final adjustment.

by Anonymousreply 30603/04/2013

LOL r304 + r305 I notice both of those things myself. She's a quick one, that Michonne!

by Anonymousreply 30703/04/2013

[quote]one of the best in the series despite the fact that the actor playing Morgan was not very good in scenes that required him to be absolutley epic.

Really? I thought that guy was amazing. He's a great actor.

by Anonymousreply 30803/04/2013

Well Michonne was obviously an agile, super ninja warrior in her past life, R307 ;)

The most surprising thing about her is that she had a boyfriend!

by Anonymousreply 30903/04/2013

Morgan returns in the books as well, but a bit after the prison. When the group heads towards DC. Just as crazy in the books.

One of my favorite chapters of the books was a quick "check in" with Morgan and Duane at Christmas.

I loved this last episode. Sealed Michonne as part of the group (which she is in the books), which was very much needed in the series. I think they're doing a good job of following the main points of the book, but adding new twists and surprises to keep those who read the books on guard.

If they follow the books there will be a fuck load of deaths coming up.

by Anonymousreply 31003/04/2013

God damn it, R306, my name isn't Janet!

by Anonymousreply 31103/04/2013

[quote] They not only didn't stop for the backpacker, they were completely uninterested. Not even a "Hey, there's an alive person. Hmmm. Whatever."

There was definitely a point to that scene.

It was reminiscent of season 2, when Rick and Shane were driving past a field, and neither of them even blinked when they saw a walker in the field.

Rick kept talking, and Shane just stared out the window, looking at the walker as if it were some sort of deer.

That was the first point of acceptance, where walkers became less of a threat, and more of a nuisance.

In this season, the characters are even more hardened, ignoring not only the dead, but the living, as well.

I'm starting to see characters start brushing off the walkers like flies, rather than being terrified by them.

Contrast that with the Woodbury people who haven't been exposed as much to walkers, and scream and run away.

The characters are definitely changing and becoming harder, and they are starting to have a "relationship" with the walkers. Rather than constantly running from them, the living are CONFRONTING them.

Woodbury was using them for entertainment and experimentation, Michonne was using them as decoys...

It's an interesting dynamic that's taking place.

by Anonymousreply 31203/04/2013

I like how they opened with a closeup on a highway sign that said "Erin, We tried for Stone Mountain. -J" and then when Michonne turfs the grass and sinks the tires in the mud, one of the zombies' arms has a bracelet on it with the tiled letters E*R*I*N. Guess she didn't get the message.

by Anonymousreply 31303/04/2013

The guy who played Morgan was pretty epic if you ask me. He chewed the scenery like a real zombie.

by Anonymousreply 31403/04/2013

I liked that too R313.

There's 4 episodes left. I assume they'll have to hit the road again? That they'll either be run out of the prison by the governor and/or the prison will be overrun by zombies much like the camp and the farmhouse.

So who won't make it? I assume Merl is done for. As are the two white guys from Tyrese's group. The Governor will be killed I'm sure. Ditto Milton and Martinez. But who from Rick's group? Herschel? His singer daughter? They seem the most expendable right now. Will Andrea survive season 3 or will the governor kill her before he dies?

by Anonymousreply 31503/04/2013

I hope Hershel's daughter who isn't Maggie gets chomped by the walkers, if only so we won't have to hear her sing again.

by Anonymousreply 31603/04/2013

Okay guys, you can have a night of hot sex with Rick, Shane or Daryl. Who'd you pick?

by Anonymousreply 31703/04/2013

I didn't notice that R313! About Michonne's ninja skills, I can suspend belief in something fairly minor when it comes to a TV show about a zombie apocalypse. Otherwise I would be picking the show apart weekly. I think she ran through the back door and scooped up the items while the zombies were focused on the front door. Being a one-hour TV show, they can't have a 5-10 minute scene waiting on her to get back.

by Anonymousreply 31803/04/2013

If Ric allowed other groups into the prison and armed them to help fight the Govenor...there is no guarantee that they would stay loyal to the prison group.

Sad but true. At this point the people who have made it this far have some mad self-preservation skills.

Think of the show "Survivor"....how much would you trust any of those people if it was life and death?

by Anonymousreply 31903/05/2013

Ugh. Why don't they gather supplies and leave? They can't even get it together to fix the fence. Sitting ducks.

by Anonymousreply 32003/05/2013

With a newborn baby they attract both walkers and the living. They are in a non win situation and spent a harsh 6months including winter on the road. I can see why they would want to rest for a bit.

by Anonymousreply 32103/05/2013

Was anyone else annoyed that after all the wandering around Georgia that they seemed to be doing, and then it turns out that the prison is near Rick's hometown?! How could he not have known the prison was there given that he's in law enforcement?

by Anonymousreply 32203/05/2013

Rick comes face to face with the Governor.

by Anonymousreply 32303/05/2013

[quote]the prison is near Rick's hometown?! How could he not have known the prison was there given that he's in law enforcement?

I wondered the exact same thing, R322.

by Anonymousreply 32403/05/2013

Three things... 1) Rick, Michonne and Carl bonding, that's what happens on a road trip!

2) driving past the hitchhiker...it reminded me of Band of Brothers, you just can't care about a newby...they are probably going to be dead soon.

3) I'd love to know the hitchhikers backstory. That he was clean and well-fed and stupid enough to walk down the middle of the road with his stuff clanking showed that he didn't know much. I imagine that he has been in a survivalist bunker for a year and just ventured out.

He might have been an asset, but hey, who stops to pick up hitchhikers even today?

by Anonymousreply 32503/06/2013

[quote]the prison is near Rick's hometown?! How could he not have known the prison was there given that he's in law enforcement?

Holes like that don't bother me. I just want good character development.

by Anonymousreply 32603/06/2013

Even if he knew or didn't remember the prison is there, who thinks "Oh my God let's get to the prison!" in an emergency?

by Anonymousreply 32703/06/2013

Who says the prison was anywhere near his hometown? It looked like the trio was on a major day trip that could have spanned the state--a good three or four hour drive.

Rick told Morgan that he kept getting pushed farther away from home by the walkers.

by Anonymousreply 32803/06/2013

There aren't any gas stations along the way so they can refill their tank. Every gas station ran out if gas early on in the ZA

by Anonymousreply 32903/06/2013

That's what this show is missing,

more images of gas siphoning.

by Anonymousreply 33003/06/2013

I just assume they're siphoning gas from the vehicles of the people who got chomped by the walkers.

by Anonymousreply 33103/06/2013

My prediction: More people will die. Some will be killed by zombies, some will be killed by humans, someone might die of appendicitis. There will be no dental care. Zombies will continue to randomly roam the earth. Rivalries will continue among the humans. New characters will be introduced as familiar ones die off. Rick lives.

by Anonymousreply 33203/06/2013

R330, no one is saying that we should see that. The reality is, no more gas is being produced and they've been around those parts for a year. And they're not the only ones. At some point traveling by car will no longer be an option. It probably shouldn't be already, but of course it's easier for the writers to get them from point a to point b.

by Anonymousreply 33303/06/2013

Ah, R333....I was just funning ya.

I agree, someday the gas will run out. Someday either all living people will be gone, or they will have to have a new type of society based of the virus. I would love to see that show!

by Anonymousreply 33403/06/2013

I hope at some point we find out how the virus (or whatever the hell it is) originated. And also what happened in the rest of the world.

by Anonymousreply 33503/06/2013

[quote]My prediction: More people will die. Some will be killed by zombies, some will be killed by humans, someone might die of appendicitis. There will be no dental care. Zombies will continue to randomly roam the earth. Rivalries will continue among the humans. New characters will be introduced as familiar ones die off. Rick lives.

Ever heard the expression SPOILER ARLERT!??

by Anonymousreply 33603/06/2013

"Also,in response to R261 's comments re: characters not having to work at a job that sucks the life out of the them, and following awful daily grind, while having the benefit of down time we don't see. I'd rather take my chances with zombies than HR. AMEN!"

There is something seriously wrong with our country as a whole (not you personally, R261 and R299 ) when its people are so desperate and beaten-down that they'd prefer a catastrophic human extinction event (where PEOPLE EAT OTHER PEOPLE) to struggling in their current lives.

Seriously. I hate my shitty job and all, and I too struggle to make ends meet like most of the 99 percenters out there, but I'd much prefer a world without zombies. We have enough of them running our government already.

by Anonymousreply 33703/06/2013

Not sure the Prison would be his first thought for safety. Lots of bad people there. That plot hole doesn't bother me much. They could be an hour away from home. How much of the state do you know an hour away from home?

by Anonymousreply 33803/06/2013

Rick is in law enforcement. Of course he would know.

by Anonymousreply 33903/06/2013

I don't think Kirkman knows much about Georgia. If you are half a days away from Atlanta (south) you are near Savannah. Marsh land. But in the last episode the highway sign said something about Stone Mountain which is just a half hour from downtown Atlanta.

by Anonymousreply 34003/07/2013

R319 First sign of a zombie apocalypse and I would hunt down the Hantz clan. Perfect chance to stomp out that blood line without getting arrested!

by Anonymousreply 34103/08/2013

This episode is a fucking snoozefest.

I thought the Governor was supposed to be a scary psycho.

by Anonymousreply 34203/10/2013

I pray that Milton gets so disgusted with the Governor that he kills him.

by Anonymousreply 34303/10/2013

If Milton is such a genius, why hasn't he come up with some kind of body armor? Merle fastened metal into a knife arm. How hard can it be to get scrap metal and football helmets and birdcages and figure out a way to make bite-deterring armor?

by Anonymousreply 34403/10/2013

Why don't they see more skeletons? Zombies with head wounds should decompose; they're finally really dead.

by Anonymousreply 34503/10/2013

Seems like a useless episode trying to redeem Andrea. She finally learns about Maggie and returns to start a rebellion within Woodbury. Too late. Her behind should of left with Rick and company while they were freeing Daryl. She is another Lori to me. After seeing the Gov' attack Michonne and his room filled with shrunk heads and his caged daughter- I don't see how anyone could go to bed with him again.

Rick won't give Michonne up and I can see a little Michonne/Rick action. She has adapted to this world and had similar problems Rick is experiencing on his road to adaptation. I know this is contrary to the comic book. But I don't see how Rick and Andrea every hook up. She has open her legs to 2 men who tried to kill Rick- Shane and the Gov.

by Anonymousreply 34603/10/2013

Ok episode. They don't seem too afraid of walkers anymore!

by Anonymousreply 34703/11/2013

This episode was about relationships.

I can't stand how Milton talks. Someone should off him for being such a pussy.

by Anonymousreply 34803/11/2013

I love that Andres was treated like a nobody by Rick & the Governor during their meeting and shooed away.

by Anonymousreply 34903/11/2013

The episode was a set-up for a big housecleaning starting next week.

My guess is Milton, Merle and the Woodberry guard.

Tyrese will return to see a couple of his friends killed.

The Governor will need to go, but who will kill him? Maybe it will be a way to try to redeem Andrea, but not sure if that would work.

by Anonymousreply 35003/11/2013

Only three episodes left~

by Anonymousreply 35103/11/2013

You just know Daryl is going to have to kill the Woodbury guard.

by Anonymousreply 35203/11/2013

Which members of Rick's gang are going to die before the end of the season? Herschel, Carol and Merle seem likely to meet their deaths, as well as that younger, blonde daughter of Herschel's. If this show wanted to be as bleak as the future it represents, any of the following would also die: Rick, Carl, Michonne, Baby Judith and/or Andrea, regardless of what has happened in the comic story or what would happen to the television story. I expect The Governor and Milton will both die along with numerous nameless members of Team Woodbury. Tyrese might make it out alive but probably not everyone in his crew.

by Anonymousreply 35303/11/2013

[quote]I pray that Milton gets so disgusted with the Governor that he kills him.

Prepare to get your wish. They pretty much have a neon sign over his bespectacled head announcing that in the end, he'll have a crisis of conscience and turn on The Gov. Even by the standards of a show about brainless zombies, it's pretty unsubtle.

by Anonymousreply 35403/11/2013

Tyrese will probably join Rick's camp as a voice of reason, so Herschel can be let go.

The blond daughter may be kept on as an object for Carl's raging hormones.

I hope there's more story for Carol and Daryl.

Michonne's unique and has more story, but Merle's stories have run out and no one wants to see a redeemed Merle.

Don't see how they'd keep an active toddler on this show for very long.

by Anonymousreply 35503/11/2013

Rick should be smart enough to know that Gov isn't going to let it all lie if he gives up Michonne. He's just tempted by the idea because he's had many moments where they lost people because of "going back " for one single other person. But he read the Governor and knows this is just a power yank to see what he can get the other guy to do.

I'm expecting that Andrea, Tyrese and Mitchell will all turn against the Governor is some moment.

At least they would if the writers were remotely worth their salt- but seeing how they've written for the women so far, I'm doubting they're that creative.

by Anonymousreply 35603/11/2013

I hope they keep Herschel. I like him. I like that actor too. :(

Merle can die in a grease fire but they'll probably give him a "hero's" death or hell do something to save his brother. That's the only thing that could justify keeping that asshole around.

Think about it. None of them would be in this mess if Merle hadn't kid-napped Maggie and Glen in a stupid spiteful moment.

by Anonymousreply 35703/11/2013

[quote]Prepare to get your wish. They pretty much have a neon sign over his bespectacled head announcing that in the end, he'll have a crisis of conscience and turn on The Gov. Even by the standards of a show about brainless zombies, it's pretty unsubtle.

I hope Milton doesn't kill the Governor. It's really bad writing to have such a minor character kill the seasons main bad guy. That said having the Governor die and Woodbury destroyed is going to be pretty anti-climactic. They need to do something more interesting. Hell wouldn't it be interesting if the Governor gets away and takes Judith with him? That'd kill two birds with one stone.

by Anonymousreply 35803/11/2013

The Governor leaving town with Shane's baby?

That'd sure kill two birds for me!

by Anonymousreply 35903/11/2013

Maggie and Michonne should get the pleasure of killing the Governor. Beth is alive as long as the baby is alive. Herschel is gone. He acts like dead man walking. Tyrese will take his place as Rick' moral compass.

They will not kill Rick or Daryl until the end of the series or when Carl hits puberty and is viewed as a man.

I really don't see where Andrea fits in the group anymore only as Carol' friend. No one trust her or her instincts. And she just betrayed Rick again by telling the Governor about Shane and the baby.

I think they are setting it up for Andrea and Milton to kill the Governor which would be lame. Because people will just view it as a woman scorned because the Governor tried to rape Maggie.

Andrea should of left along time ago. These writers don't know how to write women characters. Michonne is different because she is a warrior. But watch what they will do to her if her and Rick start getting close.

The last episode Michonne was acting like one of the nannies in the Help.

by Anonymousreply 36003/11/2013

It's "should have" not "should of"...

by Anonymousreply 36103/11/2013

Somebody in another thread recommended "Stake Land" on Netflix as a good zombie film. I had never heard of it before. In some respects it was better than Walking Dead. You might want to watch it.

by Anonymousreply 36203/11/2013

[quote]The last episode Michonne was acting like one of the nannies in the Help.

LMAO

by Anonymousreply 36303/11/2013

Either Michonne or Maggie should kill the Gov. Are they ever going to develop the relationship between Daryl and Carol? Has the Talking Dead ever commented on that?

Merle's an asshole but I think he could be an interesting character and slowly redeem himself. He's fucked up but he's mellowed as far as his racism goes. It would be interesting to see him evolving into a human being with vulnerabilities and real emotions besides rage and hate. I think it would be hilarious if he and Michonne got together.

by Anonymousreply 36403/11/2013

I'm glad that Andrea has found the one remaining beauty salon left open in the state. Her lustrous locks and impeccable makeup never falter even when the rest of the world is melting around her.

by Anonymousreply 36503/11/2013

Ha R365. I admit to thinking Andrea was hot at the end of Season 2. Now not so much.

by Anonymousreply 36603/11/2013

That's why she stayed in Woodbury for a comfortable bed and a beauty salon.

by Anonymousreply 36703/11/2013

WHY in the fuck does Andrea insist on walking around Woodbury with her purse, as someone else once said, like she's going on a supply run to WalMart??

She reminds me of some messy gossip queen, going back and forth between two feuding factions and spilling their tea to the other.

She needs to die already. Nobody likes her, she ads nothing to the overall story and she's a miserable character to watch.

I like Hershal but he needs to go. I can't keep looking at his gross beard and eyebrows that are about to crawl off his head.

by Anonymousreply 36803/11/2013

I smiled while watching the Talking Dead and guest Eliza Dushko (?) said the Woodbury townspeople were all walking around like, when did Starbucks close?

by Anonymousreply 36903/11/2013

Yeah I'm one of those people who loves to shit on the clueless Woodbury people, but the truth is, if the ZA came and I was lucky to find something like Woodbury, I would have no problem at all trying to live some kind of normal life and forgetting the zombies outside.

by Anonymousreply 37003/11/2013

I'd start a Woodbury coffee shop with you, r370

by Anonymousreply 37103/11/2013

[quote]Either Michonne or Maggie should kill the Gov.

Should be Michonne, after a kick ass fight,. she cuts his head off and it goes flying and ends up in the fish tank.

by Anonymousreply 37203/11/2013

I don't understand the Michonne love here.

The character is basically a mute. She's boring and does nothing but stand off to the side of the group and brood toward everyone, head tilted down, eyes rolled up.

We get it, she's a stoic, battled hardened introvert. If we can't learn more about her or if this is how the character is all the time, I hope they just kill her off with the racist hillbilly, the "governor" and the stupid kid who, despite the oppressive Georgia heat, is STILL walking around in daddy's old cop hat.

by Anonymousreply 37303/11/2013

I was reading the Atlantic website and one of the reviewers said that maybe they were making Andrea so ridiculous and foolish in an attempt to redeem her in a future ep. Considering they did this to other women, like Carol and Lori, I could see it happening. Granted, they redeemed Lori by killing her...so we'll see. Perhaps Andrea will die trying to save her old friends.

Sounds like a plan, R371!

by Anonymousreply 37403/11/2013

Our prayers for a Woodbury coffee house have been answered!

by Anonymousreply 37503/11/2013

R375, just for fun, here's the link to the place...

by Anonymousreply 37603/11/2013

r373 the tv version just doesn't do justice to the comic book. She was much more kick-ass — slicking up dozens of zombies with no effort— and she had a LOT more background and a lot more time given to her character in the comics.

I don't know why the writers don't like her but they've made her into the boring angry stereotype that you're describing. You can be mad at them.

With the intense episode from a couple weeks ago I was hoping we'd see her wield that sword to take down a field of zombies but alas... we see her kill TWO then cuts away to crazy boring Rick.

by Anonymousreply 37703/11/2013

Since Herschel is the new Dale, I guess he'll be killed off.

by Anonymousreply 37803/11/2013

Speaking of the coffeeshop....I would love to see some of the more practical reality concerns being paid some attention.

It occurred to me that these people have no fresh milk unless someone found a cow and that hadn't been eaten by zombies... nor will they ever again until they find a bul and managed to breed it with that one cow .

Why don't we ever see moments like that? Like, some Woodbury person discovering a shed where chickens were kept out of harms way ? Or that one place where they managed to get some livestock for a bit of food?

Hershel had a farm where we can believe he was able to keep some livestock out of the way and maybe grow some crops but how the fuck did all these Woodbury people really survive for a whole year —scavenging dime stores for snack packs?

by Anonymousreply 37903/11/2013

Please let me see your stump.

It's totally cool and not weird at all.

I'm a scientist.

by Anonymousreply 38003/11/2013

Even though he knows that the Governor is an insane sociopath, there is no way that Milton will help to kill the Governor. He has zero zombie killing skills and he won't survive long if Woodbury crumbles, even if he becomes part of Rick's group. He of course knows that and he will rat out Andrea. He's just hoping for the end of the conflict as soon as possible and a return to "normalcy" at Woodbury, which in his case is being left alone to do his research. He's disgusted by the Governor but he needs him.

by Anonymousreply 38103/11/2013

If they kill Hershel I am gone, he is the only likeable character for me.

by Anonymousreply 38203/11/2013

What about Darryl and Carol R382?

by Anonymousreply 38303/11/2013

I don't get the lusting after Darryl, he looks like a weasely redneck. Carol has grown on me but she is just okay. Last night on The Talking Dead they seemed to really like Andrea but I think the writers have painted her into a corner and she is unredeemable for me.

by Anonymousreply 38403/11/2013

My favorite character from the start has been Glen.

The rest have grown on me.

by Anonymousreply 38503/11/2013

Was it just me but was there sexual tension between Daryl and the latino guy until he started talking about his wife?

by Anonymousreply 38603/11/2013

I noticed it too.

by Anonymousreply 38703/11/2013

The conversations between the two teams was interesting.

The two leaders have their dick-measuring contest while the minions realize that if it weren't for their leaders they'd all get along just fine. It makes you wish the Govenor wasn't a fucking sociopath because the practical solution would be for them to all work together.

The town can use the prison as a fenced in farm for food. The Prison could use the town - for whatever it can provide, I guess.

But the dumbass tyrant is to obsessed with controlling people to allow this to happen.

by Anonymousreply 38803/11/2013

I'm thinking Maggie may be killed off this season.

by Anonymousreply 38903/11/2013

Exactly, R377. I love Michonne, but that comes from the comics. If I hadn't read them, I would not have any interest in her character at all. But I love how she handles that blade. I've said it before, she needs her own show traveling the wasteland solving people's problems Equalizer style but using her bad ass blade.

by Anonymousreply 39003/12/2013

Two burning questions:

are the zombies becoming more and more fragile? their body parts are reduced to sawdust with minimal trauma.

can they insert a scene where someone cuts Darryl's hair? that wig is so silly looking.

by Anonymousreply 39103/12/2013

I think we're left to imagine how and why the walkers function and have any strength at all. Logically, we might suppose they might become more fragile as they "age" or decay over time— hence the fact that one can easily crush a scull with a boot, etc.— while the newly dead are more in tact and capable of holding someone down or over powering them.

Theoretically, if their faces and body are decaying as much as they are, they can't be too strong because their muscle mass has decayed as well—but last season we saw a single zombie tackle and tear into a grown man's stomach and rip him apart with it's hands.

Also, while Milton's failed experiment seemed to defeat the notions that zombie has any emotional memory at all, I like the idea that the newer zombies have more physical memory. They can smell people, open doors, work stairs, pick up a rock to break windows, etc. when the older zombies are more dead to the world- only responding to sound and movement of others.

But yeah, how their arms aren't falling off from decay after a year is requires a necessary suspension of disbelief no?

by Anonymousreply 39203/12/2013

I remember the episode when Rick and Shane were trying to drop off Randall and Rick was talking about the upcoming winter. Thinking that a bad winter would slow down the walkers. Between Season 2 and 3, the group roamed around during the winter before finding the prison. I find it strange none of them talked about facing the walkers in the winter and things they discovered while camping out.

by Anonymousreply 39303/12/2013

I don't think I'll watch next season. I'm kind of over the show. It's a lot of trumped up wars/arguments between humans punctuated with gratuitous gory zombie killing and too many plot holes. I don't like any of the characters. They're non-dynamic and one-dimensional. They're worse than comic book characters. From what I've heard, in the comic book Michonne is more than a grunting Zulu warrior with magical powers to cut through hordes of zombies to rescue photos and stuffed animals.

Rick just squints his eyes and puffs out his cheeks like he's trying not to vomit. Dude, I get it. You're a badass who doesn't want to be in the same room with the governor. No need to look like a dying puffer fish. But maybe there is, because the writing sure doesn't work when it comes to characterization. The actors are reduced to Tussaud figures with electrical glowering eyes. And that fucking kid with the hat who keeps wandering off by himself into zombie mayhem. I've had it with him. And Andrea. And the governor. And Milton the Red Shirt. And Merle. And that blonde caterwauling dipshit girl.

by Anonymousreply 39403/12/2013

[quote]They can smell people, open doors, work stairs, pick up a rock to break windows, etc. when the older zombies are more dead to the world- only responding to sound and movement of others.

What's so weird is that picking up a rock to break window is a highly intelligent thing to do. Maybe unremarkable for a modern day human, but this kind of tool using in animals and our less evolved human ancestors would be a huge deal. I'm surprised that after that episode (they were also climbing over fences!) all the zombies are portrayed as dumb as dirt. I was kind of hoping eventually they'd take a Land of the Dead approach where the zombies eventually start "thinking" and "communicating" with each other to get the humans.

by Anonymousreply 39503/12/2013

I realize much has to be left to the imagination, but so many comments on this thread are accurate and I wish the writers would see them.

There is much storytelling gold I think it at least small flashbacks of the beginning and why/where it happened. To see and understand how people are eating or to show them procuring things like cows and chickens in order to see a gradual societal evolution would be interesting to say the least.

How about coffee? Isn't anyone going through withdrawals from things like sugar and cigarettes? If Woodbury is such a perfect little enclave, hasn't the governor had the townspeople grow a garden? I mean, they made that zombie amphitheater.. haven't they had time to establish a system of food growth or distribution?

The prison has become boring. How are they all eating? Where is the water coming from since you know they'd have to have it? And why aren't any of them using it to bathe? Andrea constantly looks like she just spent an hour at the day spa yet some of the town ladies are walking around in their daytime house gowns like they've been ironing instead of surviving the zombie apocalypse.

These are little things, but their absence is making the gaffe into a really big issue as the series progresses.

by Anonymousreply 39603/12/2013

Where are all the animals?

by Anonymousreply 39703/12/2013

[quote]From what I've heard, in the comic book Michonne is more than a grunting Zulu warrior with magical powers to cut through hordes of zombies to rescue photos and stuffed animals.

I actually went back and reread the first 3 volumes of my Walking Dead graphic novels and was surprised it wasn't as great as I first thought. Maybe it was because when I first read them, the zombie genre was kind of new. All the WD characters in the comic novels sound exactly the same for the most part, there's tons of "cheesy" and duh/on the nose dialogue and too much stuff used as shock value. I think with the comics, you're kind of forced to use your imagination to fill in the gaps, so maybe that's why people think it's so great. A TV show won't be able to live up to that.

by Anonymousreply 39803/12/2013

R397 - in the second episode of the first season, Rick rides into Atlanta on a horse. The walkers surround him and the horse. Rick dismounts, runs and hides under the abandoned tank. The walkers eat the horse. And that, my friend, is where the animals are...

by Anonymousreply 39903/12/2013

R399-You would think a few animals, especially birds, would have escaped, my friend.

by Anonymousreply 40003/12/2013

Well, you got a point, 'cause you got me thinking about other animals now - like bears and stuff...wouldn't they be able to mess up a walker real bad? Hmmmm.....

by Anonymousreply 40103/12/2013

What was the noise in the background when Daryl and the Woodbury guard were talking? It sounded like a grain elevator or something. Or like the noise made in The Mist in the Frank darabont movie made from the Stephen King book about the giant insects.

by Anonymousreply 40203/12/2013

[quote]How about coffee? Isn't anyone going through withdrawals from things like sugar and cigarettes?

I imagine after a year the withdrawals would be gone. The other thing is that many of these people should high blood pressure, fairly common especially starting around middle age. Hershel would be a prime candidate. Are they pillaging bp meds from the pharmacies along with other medical supplies?

by Anonymousreply 40303/12/2013

Some of the animals have surely survived. I think they ought to find a dog in the series for guarding and warning of impeding intruders.

by Anonymousreply 40403/12/2013

I think the show has exhausted itself. Where can it go? I echo what others have posted - I am getting tired of the annoying things that don't make sense. How do all the guys keep their beard stubble and their hair at one length like that. Where does the water come from in the prison? Where do they get their food, where do they defecate? I am bored with the town, the prison and the road, over and over again.

by Anonymousreply 40503/12/2013

We're way over budget on fake blood, and now you bitches want dogs and bears on the show?

by Anonymousreply 40603/12/2013

Are you really watching the show. There have been horses and deers. Daryl regular hunts rabbits and squirrels. But I would assume that all livestock animals would be dead by now. What I wonder about is Maggie/Glen having sex. Aren't they afraid of her getting pregnant. It's been over a years since the dead rose so even if Maggie was on the pill. She needs a refill by now.

I think most people would be at their healthiest by now. Losing weight and eating less and exercising.

What bothers me is the prison- how they haven't taken steps to repair and fortified it. Why haven't they just killed the walkers in the field and rebuild the outer fence? Especially since they are so go hung on staying there.

I like all the characters except Andrea. And I wish they would give more backstory to Michonne. But they are dragging out the season. The meeting w/ the Gov was stupid. Rick knows the man is a sociopath. And Rick snapped out of crazy town very quickly.

by Anonymousreply 40703/12/2013

The actor playing Darryl wanted a dog this season but the producers said no. Maybe next season?

by Anonymousreply 40803/12/2013

It's just about a year. Lori was pregnant when the trouble started and the baby is about 2 weeks old now. So it's probably even less than a year.

by Anonymousreply 40903/12/2013

Andrea's sister was hot. They should have kept her around.

by Anonymousreply 41003/12/2013

I am growing very weary of this season too. In the graphic novel the governor was pure evil. Now I see very few differences between his madness and ricks. The novel showed that the people in prison were free and the people of Woodbury were inmates. This has reduced the original storyline into warring tribes. All the characters I do like don't get any screen time.

by Anonymousreply 41103/12/2013

A bigger mystery is how Norman Reedus affords a penthouse in Manhattan.

by Anonymousreply 41203/12/2013

[quote]It's just about a year.

It's been longer than that R409. Lori wasn't known to be pregnant until they were at the farm. They were on the road for weeks before that, maybe months.

I believe in this past week's episode, Rick made reference to the timeline. Seems like it's been a couple of years at this point, give or take. May be even a while longer.

It's interesting how Hershel's hair has grown into a ponytail yet Carol is still sporting a buzz cut. Some of the characters seem to freshen-up from time to time.. yet Rick is STILL wearing his same sheriff's uniform shirt?!?

I really want to see Daryl hot-trash redneck ass bathing naked in a river.

by Anonymousreply 41303/12/2013

He was a top male model.

by Anonymousreply 41403/12/2013

Lori stopped sleeping with Shane when Rick was found to be alive. Rick was in a coma for a month. The zombie apocalypse couldn't have happened more than a few weeks into Rick's coma because his IV was empty. He would have died without fluids. I'm guessing it was only about two weeks into his coma that it all happened, otherwise he'd have shriveled up and died.

He went to his house, then met Morgan, then took off for Atlanta, finding his family along the way. That all seemed to happen in a pretty short time period.

by Anonymousreply 41503/12/2013

Arrgg where to start on this show. Why the fuck don't they leave the prison behind? I could see it if they had bothered to start crops/ make it really secure with zombie traps etc. But no everyone just sits around the depressing rooms and don't even really communicate essential information to each other. Andrea is a total lost cause, Rick is an asshole who consistently makes poor choices. I could go on. I'm upset because I loved this show and will keep watching for now, anyway, but the characterizations are so thin.

by Anonymousreply 41603/12/2013

Well R416, if you're into characterizations, supposedly next seasons new showrunner will be focusing more on character and less on action. For reference he's the one that wrote "Clear" the episode where Rick, Michonne, and Carl go back to Rick's hometown.

by Anonymousreply 41703/12/2013

Norman Reedus for Prada.

by Anonymousreply 41803/12/2013

Can't he do anything about those bags under his eyes.

by Anonymousreply 41903/12/2013

Young Norman Reedus was very pretty.

by Anonymousreply 42003/12/2013

Norman is yummy!

by Anonymousreply 42103/12/2013

[quote]A bigger mystery is how Norman Reedus affords a penthouse in Manhattan.

Living with a top supermodel for four years and popping out a kid with her can garner a man some nice benefits, I'm sure...

by Anonymousreply 42203/12/2013

[quote]What I wonder about is Maggie/Glen having sex. Aren't they afraid of her getting pregnant. It's been over a years since the dead rose so even if Maggie was on the pill. She needs a refill by now.[/quote]

Not only Mags and Glenn, but dumbass Andrea and her asshole boyfriend the Governator. Up until very recently, it seemed that all we saw of Andrea was naked Andre-ass in or around Phillip's bed and the thongs she must've mined from the local Woodbury Frederick's. Don't people in fucking TV shows or movies ever worry about getting pregnant or STDs? Seems that in a zombie apocalypse, those would be pretty big concerns. Hopefully, Woodbury has a pharmacy with an overstock of Trojans.

And did anyone else notice that this past Sunday, everyone was suddenly donning winter clothes and coverups after months in their sexy sleeveless getups? My, that Georgia has temperature extremes...

by Anonymousreply 42303/12/2013

Maggie and Glen raided a pharmacy together when they were at the farm. That's when she seduced him and stocked up on birth control pills

by Anonymousreply 42403/12/2013

Re the animals:

I could see some old farmer, seeing the end is nigh, freeing all his animals before offing himself. The group could come across some like this.

The issue is that so much of our usual meat sources are domesticated animals who would not live well in the wild.

The cows would be extinct. They can't run. They're domesticated to stay still and calm and not be afraid of humans. They would get spooked at one walker, moo and make noises to draw more to them. GONE.

Pigs, probably the same. Can't see them outrunning a herd for long.

Chickens might be able to get away. They can fly, jump and evade a slow walker. But they'd be stalked by other animal predators; foxes, etc.

Animals like wolves would probably breed more because their main predators are all zombies now. They might proliferate.

Deer would proliferate. They know how to avoid humans and their numbers would go up without anyone shooting at them or cars killing them.

Horses, like deer, might have a chance if some broke free or might have been let of a pen. They can run fast but they would want to stay near the food sources and near each other. Maybe they'll be a wild herd some where.

Foxes would be able to get away and proliferate.

Cats would proliferate - they have instincts to avoid predators.

Dogs... if they were free they might get away but many of them would want to protect their masters, homes, etc, and they would bark and make noise that would be as bad a screaming baby.

Birds, Ducks and Geese would proliferate.

Fish would proliferate.

by Anonymousreply 42503/12/2013

[quote]Arrgg where to start on this show. Why the fuck don't they leave the prison behind? I could see it if they had bothered to start crops/ make it really secure with zombie traps etc.

Valid points about the crops and such but but we're supposed to remember that the staying factor is the baby. They need a place to hide a crying and screaming child from the walkers. Outside they don't have a chance with her.

Why they didn't write in a line every now and then to remind us -- well. hell I could do it.

~~~ Merle: "We should get out of here... take our chances on the road"

Daryl: "Say what- with a baby? She's a month old and hasn't quite learn to keep still or pick up a bat... might take some time"

Rick: "We're staying for Judith. This is the best place for her- for us."

~~~

Now, see. How hard was that? In 30 seconds the audience would be reminded just why the prison is SO important.

Meanwhile they could patch up the damn walls, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 42603/12/2013

Yeah, just what is it they do all day, anyway?

by Anonymousreply 42703/13/2013

They could have that place fixed up and secure in no time, but they just sit around. And have they run out of formula yet?

by Anonymousreply 42803/13/2013

From the little they show from two forays the baby would have been out of formula in 2 weeks.

by Anonymousreply 42903/13/2013

But in the last episode-Rick, Carl and Michonne went out on a run. They got a crib so I would think they got formula.

by Anonymousreply 43003/13/2013

Okay, it looks like Andrea will indeed try to off the Governor.

New clip from the next episode is posted on MSNBC. Looks like she's conspiring with the nerd guy, who will likely out her.

Something creepy is going on here with the hidden room and creepy dental chair set-up with crude medical devices. The Governor must be planning on torturing Michonne.

by Anonymousreply 43103/13/2013

Season 3 has been enjoyable enough but I still can't shake that nagging feeling this show is already past it's peak. A 16 episode series could be doing it more harm than good. 12 episodes would be ideal - they could trim all the fat and keep the story rolling along much quicker than the snails pace it's been going.

We're in for another 16 episode season for the 4th. Not too happy with that decision =/

by Anonymousreply 43203/13/2013

Woodbury and the governor, like last year's drawn out nightmare at the farm with Herschel, is this shows least interesting plot line. Move on already.

I'm starting to get annoyed with some of the practical implications of the apocalypse. Gas has a shelf life of a few months. Even if they were able to find it, it wouldn't function. Was there no nuclear power in this universe? Because all power plants would have failed a long time ago, collapsing and creating huge, dangerous, impassable hot spots of radiation and sickness. Zombies would be the least of their worries.

by Anonymousreply 43303/13/2013

R433 -

Not necessarily true on the gas. It can last for years.

As for the nuke plant scenario: I'm all for more detail as well but that one would be sort of too much I think. I don't t think they've come near any nuke plants but perhaps they were all put into shut down before the last human walked out.

I'm more interested in HOW they're pumping the gas out with no power; but I supposed they're just siphoning from other cars.

Another good obvious question would be: WHY does the entire prison group have only ONE stupid car, and a little hatch back Subaru to boot? Wouldn't somebody have realize a pickup or a Jeep or Range Rover would be called for, considering they're needing to drive off road so much?

Sheesh this show has some continuity issues.

by Anonymousreply 43403/13/2013

r430, it is the show's job to show us that, not for us to fill in the blanks for them.

by Anonymousreply 43503/13/2013

I love Daryl but not so much his looks. I do find Rick very sexy...something about those small alpha males are hot. He needs to switch teams in the new world and since anyone would be better then Lori.

by Anonymousreply 43603/13/2013

It would have been nice if Darryl and that other guy had touched hands for a moment when sharing cigarettes.

by Anonymousreply 43703/13/2013

r434, I wondered that, too.

To choose ALL the vehicles left in the country (millions of them) they could only find an old huge GMC SUV (circa 1978) and a Japanese small SUV?

Ditto for the old man's Winnie. Sure it was his, but you're telling me they couldn't find something newer that had been abandoned?

by Anonymousreply 43803/13/2013

They're all just LAZY. They should get a fucking job!

by Anonymousreply 43903/13/2013

R436. I'm with you. Some good old lovin between Daryl and Rick is needed. It looks like they are doin it anyway. They know each other moves and can communicate silently.

by Anonymousreply 44003/13/2013

Well they had to have a Hyundai SUV because it's a sponsor. I'm sure they'd use a Jeep or Range Rover if those companies sponsored them.

by Anonymousreply 44103/13/2013

436....my secret weird fantasy is that I am Rick's second in charge and we kick zombie ass together and I make him forget all about Lori (and Shane) at night...Rick likes the muscle (for killing zombies and other things) and I appreciate his leadership status and skills. The rest of the group are suspicious, as is Daryl who secretly approves. Of course in none of these dreams do we smell, or are hungry or are frightened by zombies, nor are Carl or that baby around...

by Anonymousreply 44203/13/2013

So, judging by the sneak peek [R431] posted, Andrea is finally waking up. Something that could have happened episodes ago. You just know she will try and not succeed. Someone will save her or maybe she'll die saving some of the original group.

I wish the writing wasn't so lazy.

This show is getting by on the strength of the whole zombie apocalypse scenario, not on character development. One thing I will say about it, and what keeps me watching, it doesn't have hyper patriotism or cheezy feel good Spielberg moments like *ugh* Falling Skies.

by Anonymousreply 44303/13/2013

I've heard this described as a straight guy's soap opera.

by Anonymousreply 44403/13/2013

Almost every show on TV these days has soap opera elements of continuting storylines.

The Sopranos, Games of Throne and Breaking Bad are also soap operas.

by Anonymousreply 44503/14/2013

[quote] The Sopranos, Games of Throne and Breaking Bad are also soap operas.

Link?

by Anonymousreply 44603/14/2013

r446 couldn't spend 2 seconds on Google?

by Anonymousreply 44703/14/2013

Now that the Talking Dead is 1 hour this show is starting to kiss it's ass too much which means it is headed for a fall.

by Anonymousreply 44803/14/2013

The poster for Season Four

by Anonymousreply 44903/14/2013

I have been watching since the beginning...I just don't care about anyone anymore...it's become a bore...something major has to happen to make it interesting again...

by Anonymousreply 45003/14/2013

I really don't care about anyone either, but I enjoy the show. That *might* be because it's my favorite jandra.

by Anonymousreply 45103/14/2013

In the first season, there was a character who worked for the city of Atlanta, and she told them about the pipes and sewer system of the city. This proved helpful.

Glen was a gamer, so he came up with escape plans. Daryl used his arrows for food as well as killing zombies. At the campsite, the people fashioned fishing lines and were able to catch some fish for dinner.

I kind of thought this would be a fun series. I wasn't expecting a Professor-from-Gilligan's-Island type of character who would be building radio transmitters from coconuts, but I thought characters would have life skills that could be put to good use in the zombie apocalypse.

Instead, we've got people sitting around arguing, shooting and yeah, sometimes zombies show up. And that's the whole show. No engineers survived the zombies, no city planners, no farmers (Herschel owned a farm but seems to have forgotten how to plant anything). Even gamer Glen has forgotten his intellectual skills. The only character who does anything besides raid stores, shoot, drive a car and sit around moping is Daryl. He still shoots food.

Everybody else is a fucking drag. This is where bad writing comes in. The writers don't even have the skill of Minute Mystery writers. There are no surprises, no twists, no brilliance. We don't even know what motivates the governor. Aside from zombie contests, his people don't seem to notice him much or Idolize him. What good is power if it just puts you in charge? Where are the perks?

Milton is a "scientist," but he's obviously autistic, since he's been experimenting with zombies but hasn't found out anything about them. He doesn't even know that whenever a person dies, it's zombie time.

So yeah, it's people arguing (that's not the same as character development) and sometimes zombies, who are like big pesky mosquitoes, show up.

by Anonymousreply 45203/14/2013

Nice analysis R452.

by Anonymousreply 45303/14/2013

Ah well, I've stuck with other shows because I enjoyed the actors more than the writing.

by Anonymousreply 45403/14/2013

[quote]There are no surprises, no twists, no brilliance. We don't even know what motivates the governor

Oh yeah, what happened to his notebook full of slashes? What did that mean?

by Anonymousreply 45503/14/2013

"what happened to his notebook full of slashes?"

It means he had lost his mind.

One thing the writers have tried to do is look at the nature of leadership after the ZA.

Rick lost his mind, too...but the difference is that the Governor is a sociopath and Rick isn't.

Also, witness the difference in the lust for power, the Gov was a weak guy of low status before the crisis, whereas Rick had carried a gun and dealt with confrontations before.

I had hoped Rick was experienced enough to see through the Gov at that meeting, he comment That "You are just the drunk guy that knocked down my fence..." underestimated what he was dealing with, but it was close.

Meanwhile the Gov probed for Rick's weaknesses like a true sociopath, charming and manipulative, able to lie easily right to your face.

Both men have skills that make them leaders, but Phillip is making a society founded on corruption.

Would Rick's little tribe...with all the soul-searching would ultimately be a healthier place.

Certainly many leaders are sociopaths, in the end does it hurt the society? Or does it not matter?

by Anonymousreply 45603/14/2013

Hmmm... I was watching that preview with the torture instruments and maybe it could be interesting. Maybe Milton will tattle on Andrea and the governor will give her scar across her cheek that she sports in the comics. I know I know it's doubtful, but it'd be great if they could make it happen.

by Anonymousreply 45703/14/2013

[quote]We don't even know what motivates the governor

I thought we were to infer that what he has become--controlling, cold-hearted--was the result of losing his family.

by Anonymousreply 45803/14/2013

Everybody has lost family.

by Anonymousreply 45903/14/2013

It would have been interesting if people in Woodbury disappeared on a regular basis and it turned out the governor was feeding them to Penny. Or if he had a situation like Shirley Jackson's "The Lottery" where people were chosen for "a dangerous mission" and didn't return and the people found out their friends/relatives were not on a mission but were Penny food.

Instead, we got Zombie Games, which made no sense at all. If walkers successfully attacked a player he would die and the governor would gradually lose all of his henchmen and townspeople to zombie games. So everyone knew the zombie games were fixed. Meh. It's not exactly Caesar in the coliseum or even NASCAR if it's all rigged. I mean think about it. There are only 70 people in Woodbury. The governor can't afford to lose a number of people to zombie games. He needs them to man the fortifications and keep zombies from overrunning the place.

If the townspeople are keeping zombies out by killing them, why would zombie games be entertaining? They're all involved in a big zombie game 24 hours a day. Talk about a busman's holiday.

by Anonymousreply 46003/14/2013

[quote]It would have been interesting if people in Woodbury disappeared on a regular basis and it turned out the governor was feeding them to Penny. Or if he had a situation like Shirley Jackson's "The Lottery" where people were chosen for "a dangerous mission" and didn't return and the people found out their friends/relatives were not on a mission but were Penny food.

Oh shit. That would've been great. As it stands, I always thought the writers fucked up Penny's murder. Yeah she was a zombie, and yeah they were feeding her outsiders, but she was locked up, minding her own business at that point. There were more dramatic ways to kill Penny than the way they did it. Imagine if someone from Rick's group had been abducted and fed to Penny. Then the prison group would have a good/more dramatic reason to want the governor dead.

by Anonymousreply 46103/14/2013

Well? No critiques from our East Coast posters?

by Anonymousreply 46303/17/2013

The husband/father getting into it with Tyrese, he pings to high heaven! Feed him to the zombies Ty Ty!

by Anonymousreply 46403/17/2013

Wait a minute. Is the Gov chasing Andrea on Rick's turf?

by Anonymousreply 46503/17/2013

Milton is not long for life in Woodbury now that The Governor knows he burned the walkers. He would have been better off shooting them as more of Woodbury's residents have access to guns than they do to gasoline.

by Anonymousreply 46703/17/2013

Andrea, you in danger gurl.

by Anonymousreply 46803/17/2013

Yeah, Andrea is in for a really bad night. This episode was really boring though.

by Anonymousreply 46903/17/2013

Well, that explains why the writers made Andrea so goddamn deplorable this season. They made stupid, they made her lustful beyond common sense. They just needed to set her up to be the torture victim of the Governor Sociopath. I suppose they think they're being provocative but it's another tired trope:The dumb slut gets to be raped and tortured. Ugh, They NEED a female writer on this show.

And then seeing the host of the talkind dead act positively giddy about the torture chamber. Disgusting.

A lot of fans were grateful the show didn't go there with Maggie and Michonne. Showing that the Gov was capable of this was enough. I sure as hell hope they don't revel in rape and torture like the comics did.

by Anonymousreply 47003/17/2013

I'm with you, R470. The end of this episode really disgusted me--it just smacked of a pervo man writing it, probably thinking, "Yeah, let's get the guy Andrea had sex with to give her the speculum and lots of SEXUAL PAIN." Ulgh. Vomit.

The fact that the fanbois in Chris Hardwick's club were reveling in how "cool" the torture chair was is even more disturbing. It's no wonder that 43-year-old punkass isn't married. I wouldn't want to be hitched to a sick pervert like him.

by Anonymousreply 47103/17/2013

LOL R449

by Anonymousreply 47203/17/2013

This episode was one of the most suspenseful in a long while. I was hoping she could get out and steal the car. It's quite a shit storm when your choices are being eaten alive by walkers or captured and tortured by the Governor.

by Anonymousreply 47303/18/2013

If she didn't have another gun in her fucking purse then why does she hold onto it like a security blanket?

by Anonymousreply 47403/18/2013

I thought I saw a speculum too but the guy on Talking Dead didn't mention it when describing the tools on tv.

by Anonymousreply 47503/18/2013

It's still successful but the show has never recovered after Frank Darabont was shit canned.

by Anonymousreply 47603/18/2013

Who was voted off?

by Anonymousreply 47703/18/2013

The actor who plays Milton got a part in some series so Milton is not long for this world...

by Anonymousreply 47803/18/2013

The actress playing Andrea looked old & rough on The Talking Dead.

by Anonymousreply 47903/18/2013

Hmm...it looks like I might get my wish. At R457 I predicted the governor would torture Andrea and maybe give her the scar she has in the comics which was given to her by the serial killer that was at the prison...obviously that's not gonna work so it'd be interesting to see the governor be the one to do it.

by Anonymousreply 48003/18/2013

[quote]The actress playing Andrea looked old & rough on The Talking Dead.

She also looked a lot older in the episode particularly her neck. However, I just realized she's in her 40s. I do like the actress though. She was super hot as the butch cop in Silent Hill.

by Anonymousreply 48103/18/2013

Laurie Holden looked bloated and botoxed on Talking Dead.

by Anonymousreply 48203/18/2013

Well that's disappointing, R482. Given her work for women's organizations and human rights, I'd have expected that she would abstain from that crap.

by Anonymousreply 48303/18/2013

She's An actress on HD television. She has no choice but to look as good as she possibly can. Once she gets old looking, no one will give her a job.

Anna Gunn of Breaking Bad gained a few pounds and the hysteria online was unbelievable. You would have thought she was Rosie O'Donnell-sized. She wasn't. Not even close. But screams of how "fat" and "disgusting" she looked were everywhere.

Actresses are held to a different standard. They need the Botox and facial fillers because everyone is looking at every last wrinkle, crows foot, bloat, weight gain, weight loss, arm circumference and ass cheek. If they don't measure up, they're "disgusting."

by Anonymousreply 48403/18/2013

Damned if they do and damned if they don't. They'll get criticized for either looking old or looking botoxed. I'd rather be accused of looking old myself.

by Anonymousreply 48503/18/2013

[quote]I thought I saw a speculum too but the guy on Talking Dead didn't mention it when describing the tools on tv.

You DID see a speculum.

by Anonymousreply 48603/18/2013

I tawt I taw a putty stretcher.

by Anonymousreply 48703/18/2013

R476. Frank D. needed to be canned. It was his idea of keeping them on the farm so long and marketing the show as a male soap opera. Yawn.

I thought the show was suspenseful with the Gov. becoming more creepier by the second. But there were too many suspense belief scenes.

Why didn't Andrea just knock Milton to the side and take the shot to kill the Gov. She is supposed to be a sharp shooter.

How did the Gov know that Andrea went into that specific building? There were others near by.

The Gov was surrounded by walkers and low on ammunition but survived the walker attack? Yay right. Whereas Rick was pinned against the fence with two walkers and almost died. Doesn't make sense. The walkers are supposed to be strong.

How did the Gov know that Andrea was going to be coming out of the woods at that juncture near the prison? Why did Andrea scream to alert Rick. She knows they always have someone on watch. Plus her scream would of attracted the walkers and serve as a distraction against the Governor and alert Rick that something was happening in the woods and what he saw wasn't just his imagination.

You can only have one or two moments when the audience has to suspend belief. Too many times doing this and the show becomes ridiculous.

And folks this show is based on a comic book and the torture chamber was real and used. So the show is giving you a very sanitized version of the comic book. Maggie and Michonne suffered greatly in the comic books.

And sorry an episode with out Daryl and Rick is not a great episode. I think the show is trying to test out if other characters can carry the show. They know the audience is so attached to the Rick, Daryl and Glen characters. Most of the audience don't even care for Carl that much or the baby and the producers are trying to promote Carl as John Conners in the Terminator. Basically saying he is probably the sole survivor when the show ends.

But if they want to kill off Rick and Daryl they better do that near the end of the series or the audience will abandon it and the show will be cancelled.

They need more women writers and more writers who can combine action/suspense and character development at the same time.

I don't want Andrea to be tortured but her character reminds me of Lori. She waited too long-until she heard that Maggie was almost raped to turn like a woman scorned. Plus she was blabbing about Rick/Shane/Lori and the baby to the Gov.

Lauren Holden/Andrea on Talk Dead tried to pin the Rick baby aint his gossip on Tyrese and others. But Tyrese and his people were separated and caged. The group was distrustful of all outsiders and I can't see anyone blabbing about the baby especially since Carl seemed to be on guard with them most of the time.

Andrea is unredeemable. She isn't like the character in the comic. She isn't a leader because she has bad instincts and insights into people and I think she should be killed off. But they won't do it. Probably Milton, Herschel, the two from Tyrese group will die.

by Anonymousreply 48803/18/2013

I agree with most of [R488]'s post. However I am totally over Rick. How much of a leader is he anyway? In hindsight Shane would have made a much better leader, he understood the stakes from the very beginning. I don't get Rick's decision to abandon the hiker, drive away Tyrese, choose to stay in the prison. I could go on.

I think the show would be fine if they killed him off. A new dynamic would be interesting to see.

Totally agree about the suspension of belief. Too many moments required it. Lazy writing. They cannot write women characters. Andrea's decisions make no sense. I've given up on her, but I can see the writers are trying desperately redeem her.

by Anonymousreply 48903/18/2013

Last night's Talking Dead seemed to be an hour long attempt to redeem Andrea. They likely quickly booked the actress after hearing fan reactions.

Each of her explanations made less and less sense. The worst seems to be that Andrea would rather be tortured by the Govenor knowing that Michonne wouldn't be tortured.

Seems like the producer's like the character and she will make it through the season, but I don't know what kind of story they can write for Andrea from now on.

by Anonymousreply 49003/18/2013

[quote]And folks this show is based on a comic book and the torture chamber was real and used. So the show is giving you a very sanitized version of the comic book. Maggie and Michonne suffered greatly in the comic books.

Well duh. A basic cable show is not going to show SPOILER the Gov raping Michonne, beating her, cutting her, etc and they're certainly not gonna show Michonne sodomizing the governor, cutting off his penis, scooping out his eye ball with a spoon, cutting off his limbs and cauterizing the wounds in order to keep torturing him, etc.

Maggie is not tortured in the comics.

by Anonymousreply 49103/18/2013

Shane wouldn't have been a good leader. He would kill anyone who got in his way. Good or bad. I could see Shane killing Carl if Carl became so upset with his relationship with Lori. Shane adapted quickly to the post world but he had no empathy beyond Lori and Carl. And with Judith being born- I could see him becoming jealous of Carl because he reminded him of Rick. Shane was a narrasstic. And the whole show is about how people adapt to the knew world order. Rick is the prime teller of that story. From Mister Law and Order and moral code to a world of grey. His development is the show in a nutshell. Asking the question who are you really. You don't know until you are challenged. You might think of yourself a heroic but you might be the someone like Shane who killed Otis(a person who was trying to help him and his group) to save yourself. Whereas Rick saved Shane from the school bus even after Shane tried to kill him.

As for the hitchhiker. Its no different than what we do everyday in avoiding the homeless asking for money. Don't tell me you haven't done that. Rick and their group were at the point of not trusting anyone. Look what happen with Randall. Look how his bestfriend Shane turn out. Look at the prisoner Andrew.

But Rick is at the point where he has to give a little and trust but verify. Look at Milton and Michonne.

In their world you just can't pick up everyone. Do you pick up hitchikers- male and/or females.

And they don't have anyone to lead the group besides Rick. Michonne is too iconoclastic and does things secretly. Daryl is a lone wolf who would and doesn't want to be leader. Glen is too young and a hot head emotionally. And we all know Andrea' problems.

I think the show would utterly fail if they killed off Rick. No one could fill the void. And its still television. Even though the show has color outside the line a little bit by killing off characters. None of the them were vital and had much of the audience support.

Television audiences still like to like their characters and root for them. And if you stab at the heart of the characters they love the show will go down hill.

That has happen to a lot of shows where there has been contract disputes and the leading character leaves or gets tired of playing the same role and the shows go down hill. You can't ask the audience to invest in characters and love them and kill them off and still think you have a viable series.

Even in the comics Rick and Carl remain. Killing off Rick would be like killing off Alan Alda from Mash or Jerry Seinfield from Seinfield. Or any other major character. With all the millions of dollars at stake- AMC will not allow it.

by Anonymousreply 49203/18/2013

R490, it must suck to be an actor playing a character that everyone hates. It's probably hard not to take personally. That said, it's probably better than being unemployed.

Here's Laurie Holden on Andrea - “I think that because the storytelling has gone the way it has at times it has made Andrea look like an idiot, and she’s not...I did not expect or anticipate such incredible backlash. That’s been upsetting at times".

by Anonymousreply 49303/18/2013

Uh, Rick's the protagonist. The minute he's killed the show ends. Everyone else is fair game.

by Anonymousreply 49403/18/2013

In the beginning when Andrea and Michonne first arrived at Woodbury, it seemed like there was a continuing motif having to do with the tea (and sometimes whiskey) that everyone was always drinking. I thought for sure they were going to expound on that, having it be that all the citizens (and now Andrea) were being kept docile and suggestible to mind-control through some kind of drugging. Michonne, however, never took the tea, and that is why she saw things more clearly. Even at that meeting with Rick at the feed store, the Gov brought some of his whiskey and I doubt it was because he's such a thoughtful guy.

by Anonymousreply 49503/18/2013

I really like Rick and Hershel. Carol and Daryl are okay and Michonne is growing on me. The rest of the characters I have no attachment to. I think if they killed off Rick the ratings would go down.

by Anonymousreply 49603/18/2013

Laurie Holden/Andrea must also be nervous since she's seen how fan reaction sped up the demise of Lori on the show.

by Anonymousreply 49703/18/2013

R491 I was addressing a post where someone was complaining on why the need for the torture chamber. And Maggie suffered in other horrific ways in the comics. Most of the character have. But I bet you won't see Rick hand being chopped off. They did it with Milton so they don't have to repeat it with Rick. You won't see any of the characters being shot as much as in the comics because on TV it's not believable that these folks could survived repeated gunshots in that environment.

As for Laurie-she is just so whiny. Sarah/Lori was more gracefully and funny about the backlash she received and took it in stride.

Laurie/Andrea is trying to deflect, lying and act like her character is more noble than she really is. She said that Andrea would gladly be in the torture chair instead of her friend Michonne. But when Michonne who saved her life and took care of her for 8 months said something is fishy about the Gov and Woodbury and they must leave. She turn her back on her friend and let her leave alone.

Plus she was making too many excuses on Talk Dead about scenes that were cut in the previous episode that explained why she went back to Woodbury after the summit.

My hold problem with Andrea is I can see her been drawn to Woodbury and the Governor. But after seeing Daryl in the walkers gladiator ring Andrea should of left with Rick and company while they rescued Daryl/Merle.

And if not then- when she visited the prison and they told her about the Governor and all the things he did to them. She shouldn't waited to turn on the governor until after Herschel said Maggie was almost raped. It made her look pathetic like a woman scorned is the only reason she stopped sleeping with the Governor and turned on him.

by Anonymousreply 49803/18/2013

The actress who plays Andrea had her hair scraped off her face on Talking Dead. If I were her I would have worn my hair down to show that you can also look pretty & feminine. She kept bringing up how noble and great her character was, it was a big lovefest for her character. Either they are unaware of how the audience feels about Andrea or were trying to to do some PR to get people to change their minds about her.

by Anonymousreply 49903/18/2013

r498 I was posting the same time as you and agree with everything you said about the actress who plays Andrea and how they screwed up her character

by Anonymousreply 50003/18/2013

[quote]Either they are unaware of how the audience feels about Andrea or were trying to to do some PR to get people to change their minds about her.

They're definitely aware as I posted at R493. Holden says people have actually been personally rude to her on her twitter feed. Literally calling Laurie Holden a slut and other things. I don't understand how people can be so stupid that they can't distinguish between a character and an actor.

Anyway, it does seem like a big PR push trying to soften Andrea which leads me to believe Andrea might be around for a while.

by Anonymousreply 50103/18/2013

I think when they showed Andrea in a thong they thought the fanboys would go crazy. Instead it backfired because she came off as a dumb slut.

by Anonymousreply 50203/18/2013

Sad end for Andrea. Poorly written female characters.

Torture s not cool.

by Anonymousreply 50303/18/2013

I was also confused as to why they kept emphasizing drinking the tea and then nothing came of it, r495. I wonder the tea and the whiskey contains some immunity building property that prevents them from turning if they get biten or scratched. The Governor drinks the tea and plenty of the whiskey so I doubt it is some kind of mind controlling agent but it could act as an anti-depressant which is why everyone in Woodbury is so perky and upbeat. Also, some of those abandoned cars must have keys in the ignition and gas in the tank. Why didn't Laurie try to start one of the many cars that litter the shoulder of the road? Just running through the walker infested woods with only a knife seems like it would be a last resort. She also didn't fight too hard when he caught her outside the prison. I'd take my chances on getting shot and scream my head off for someone on watch at the prison to shoot the Motherfucker. She still had her knife. So many holes in the plot in every episode does makes it hard to understand how any of them survived this long.

by Anonymousreply 50403/18/2013

The best possible direction for this show in season 4 would be for it to diverge completely from the comic book. Bring in new locations, new characters, new stories, etc. Abandon the plot and direction of the comic book and bring the viewers people and events they are not expecting or already know the outcome of long before the episode airs.

by Anonymousreply 50503/18/2013

Most sexist show on television. It's just horrible. Which is a shame because the comic book was anything but sexist.

by Anonymousreply 50603/18/2013

R506 I totally agree with you but don't know what the problem is then. Robert Kirkman is still executive director. Is he hands off with the writers or what? Do all TV writers have a problem of writing strong female characters? I think something is wrong in the writing and directing team combo. For instance- the show should of shown more of Andrea bonding with the townsfolk of Woodbury and not just lusting after the Governor. And if something was in that tea to make everyone docile than that should have been revealed. Because Michone didn't drink the tea.

I think they have too many directors who focus on different things so little threads that are established in one episode gets overlooked in the next and they loose a lot of continuity.

And another issue about Andrea going to the prison. Why didn't she take the same route as before which was deep in the woods with no roads so the Governor couldn't track her.

by Anonymousreply 50703/18/2013

I wonder if they will ever be able to redeem Andrea. She's going to have to do something really spectacular. For the past few episodes she's been a vehicle to establish plot points, that's all. For the storyline she needs to be in Woodbury, so in order to keep her there the writers have used every soap opera trick in the books, especially the "no clear communication" one. Lazy writing.

Example: There is no good explanation why she told the governor gossip about Lori's child, for instance. Except perhaps to have the governor taunt Rick in a later episode.

Her character makes zero sense unless you think of her as a clueless bimbo.

by Anonymousreply 50803/18/2013

R505 - I totally agree with you.

by Anonymousreply 50903/18/2013

I'm not usually into Asian guys, but I wanna fuck the shit out of Glenn. I wanna bend his little ass over in that guard tower and slam it on home for a 45-minute butt-fuck-a-thon. Maggie can watch if she wants. Rick, The Governor and Daryl can join in if they want.

by Anonymousreply 51003/18/2013

[quote]For the past few episodes she's been a vehicle to establish plot points, that's all.

Exactly. She's the worst kind of writer's device.

by Anonymousreply 51103/18/2013

R475 - You did indeed see a speculum. In fact, they gave it special attention in that scene. The Governor tapped it with what looked like a periodontal scaler or curette. The implication seemed to be that the Gov planned to use the two in conjunction. Yet, as you noted, the prop master never mentioned it. I guess he (or the producers of The Talking Dead who edited the segment) were too squeamish to outright discuss the implication of planned rape and sexual torture in the episode. I guess that would get in the way of Chris Hardwick and Kumail Nanjiani(Jesus, how annoying was that guy?) being giggly about the torture chamber.

In my opinion, the biggest bit of bullshit in the Talking Dead was when Laurie Holden insisted that the Gov didn't learn about baby Judith's nebulous paternity from Andrea. She blamed it on "spies" (huh? who?) or on the Governor's own ability to suss out information.

Did she forget about the scene where Carol told Andrea about the circumstances of Shane's death and how it pertained to Lori and Judith? In the very next episode the Gov uses that info to needle Rick and, yet, she insists that it's absurd for the viewer to infer that Andrea spilled the beans? What? I'm sorry the writers f'ed your character this season, Laurie Holden, but it doesn't help to say stupid shit.

by Anonymousreply 51203/18/2013

DUMBEST SHOW EVER

and I do mean DUMBEST, MOST LAUGHABLE SHOW EVER

by Anonymousreply 51303/18/2013

What's the big deal about Andrea? If everyone in the group was perfect all the time there wouldn't be any conflict. Kill her off because you didn't like the way she has behaved? Silly. I might things like that if I were in that shitty world and stumbled upon a place like woodbury.

by Anonymousreply 51403/18/2013

This episode sucked big donkey balls.

I'd say that this season was a big turd, and if THIS is the reason why Greg Nicotero was fired (and or quit), then I'd have to say good riddance!

I can't believe that someone let the show fall so far, so fast, especially with the phenomenal ratings. What a shame.

So many lessons should have been learned by the awful "Hershel's barn" season, and yet here they go again, getting characters bogged down in Woodbury, with weak plotlines and poor character development.

I honestly don't know what could possibly rescue this show, at this point.

by Anonymousreply 51503/18/2013

I finally saw the whole episode. I liked it. Sure we could sit here and talk about what the show could be, but why bother.

I also saw the Talking Dead and WTF? Laurie Holden does not look bloated and botoxed. I could see her frown lines, crow's feet, and the "parentheses" around her mouth and I don't even have an HD TV. She looks fine though she was a little annoying in that she seems to take the whole thing so seriously.

by Anonymousreply 51603/19/2013

[quote]Uh, Rick's the protagonist. The minute he's killed the show ends. Everyone else is fair game.

Actually, The comic writer said Carl is the main protagonist. I wouldn't be surprised if Rick dies in the comics one day. Ala Dumbledore style as part of Carl's passage into manhood.

~~~~

All that aside. I was reading through the comments here and begingin to think that this show is a result of[italic] too much [/italic]attention paid to audience feedback.

If the writers are aware of how much hatred Lori got- then tried to redeem her by killing her off in childbirth of all things— why did they do almost the same with Andrea? As soon as Lori died, Andrea's character took a nosedive. It's almost as if she's a replacement target for the Lori hate.

I actually wonder if the writers think that stupid women are something that gets the viewers all stirred up and talking about the show— that they think they have to aim for that!? Because it gets people talking and bitching about the show but it doesn't really turn them completely off it. Hell for some people, we know, they watch it more hoping to hate on someone.

But seriously, This show lacks a solid direction. This is a result of the writers and PR people reacting to the audience instead of focusing on their show, developing the characters correctly, watching for plot-holes, and keeping it moving forward.

by Anonymousreply 51703/19/2013

[quote]Most sexist show on television. It's just horrible. Which is a shame because the comic book was anything but sexist.

Tweet it. Speak up. The producers seem to think that 12 year-old red-neck white boys are their only audience.

by Anonymousreply 51803/19/2013

Didn't Laurie Holden say that Brad Pitt tried to arrange a date with her years ago? She made it sound like his PR people were trying to arrange (bearded) relationship but she refused. I bet she wished she had agreed, she would have been getting a lot more acting roles. I only remember her from that NBC movie "The 70s"?

by Anonymousreply 51903/19/2013

Spoiler: I bet the Gov was bitten by a walker. Look at how he was making sure his coat was button up. And that would give Andrea a chance to get out of that torture chamber because he is in the process of dying and turning into a walker. So Andrea kills him and has ultimate revenge/redemption. No one from the prison knows what happen to Andrea nor does Milton who will probably be iced soon since the Gov knows he set the walkers on fire.

If this happens then the show has really jumped the shark.

by Anonymousreply 52003/19/2013

I thought the same thing r520, he seemed sickly too, but I can't see how that would play out. People bitten die within 24 hours or less...

Although, this would get the writers out of "going there" with the torture room. (Let's be real, most tv viewers do NOT want to see that kind of torture- or even an allusion to it actually happening.)

That would leave is Andrea tied up in a room with a zombie and/or no one but Milton able to guess where she might be.

Hmmmm...

Ansd speaking of Milton, WHY did the director(s) bother to make it so mysterious as to who burned the zombies, only to have Milton basically confess to it as soon as he saw the Governor? That was pointless.

by Anonymousreply 52103/19/2013

And I have to say that Andrea hiding behind the door to redirect the walkers onto the Gov. was THE SMARTEST move I've seen all season on this show.

by Anonymousreply 52203/19/2013

I was the one who said Laurie Holden looked old on The Talking Dead and should have done something with her hair.

She was in that 70's movie? I just remember the blonde sister but that wasn't her.

by Anonymousreply 52303/19/2013

R521 I think Amy-Andrea' sister took 2 days to turn into a walker. But it took only moments for Shane to pop up as one. So who knows.

And they made the whole Milton/Gov conversation about the burned walkers so that Milton would be force again to change from not wanting to kill the Gov to killing him to save his own hide.

Milton knows that the Gov knows and it's a race to see who is quicker at kill off the other.

by Anonymousreply 52403/19/2013

I would find it satisfying if meek Milton finally got his spine and did the deed himself. Classic underdog scenario. If he happened to perish in the process, that would be his redemption for being the Gov's lackey and playing a part in enabling all of his nefarious deeds.

by Anonymousreply 52503/19/2013

R519, that's weird I don't think any of Pitt's gfs were ever beards. Holden strategically forgets to mention she's not interested in men.

by Anonymousreply 52603/19/2013

It looked to me like Tyrese was the one pouring the gasoline on the walkers, but maybe I'm wrong... did anyone else go back to check? They clearly showed a hand doing the pouring and it didn't look white to me...

by Anonymousreply 52703/19/2013

It was Milton wearing gloves. The drones don't have access to gas only the the Gov's trusted circle.

by Anonymousreply 52803/19/2013

Milton said he knows the Governor since before the ZA but does he ever call him by name? I can't remember exactly how he addresses him. Were they friends with benefits?

by Anonymousreply 52903/19/2013

Honestly, r527. I rarely flame anyone for their posts but yours has to be one of the dumbest I've ever read on the DL. You really couldn't tell the person torching the walkers was wearing gloves? I think the torcher was female. Perhaps Tyrese's sister. She's quiet but not dumb by any means and she has a moral core.

by Anonymousreply 53003/19/2013

I was going to say something catty about R527, but I noticed the posters on WD threads tend to be pretty civil, but yeah it was clearly a gloved hand. And R529, yes, Milton called the Governor Philip. I don't know maybe some people are doing other things while watching so they miss things.

by Anonymousreply 53103/19/2013

Sometimes I do the Sunday crossword.

by Anonymousreply 53203/19/2013

Real cat cunts to call me out in a thread filled to the brim with "should of" and geek theory.

Get a life. Jeez.

by Anonymousreply 53303/19/2013

Why would Milton bother wearing gloves? To deflect the audience, of course. Again, laziness. These aren't characters, they're chess pieces.

by Anonymousreply 53403/19/2013

[quote]Why would Milton bother wearing gloves?

So his hands wouldn't stink with the telltale odor of gas?

by Anonymousreply 53503/19/2013

I'm sorry, apparently the actress who turned down Brad Pitt (but she still has a shitty career) was Amy Smart... except for the age part, she and Laurie have that same blonde hair and blueish eyes. They could honestly be sisters

by Anonymousreply 53603/19/2013

Here's a side by side pic of the two ladies. You cant blame me for mistaking them

by Anonymousreply 53703/19/2013

[quote] think Amy-Andrea' sister took 2 days to turn into a walker.

No. They were attacked at dinner time. The sister was bitten, got sick and died. She started to turn as the sun was coming up and Andrea shot her.

by Anonymousreply 53803/19/2013

According to Laurie Holden/Andrea on Talking Dead- it took Amy 2 days to turn but like I said-it took Shane only moments. I wonder if the turning process is related to your aggressiveness in life. High aggressiveness means you turn into a walker pretty quickly. I changed my mind- I think Merle is going to turn soon which is a shame.

by Anonymousreply 53903/19/2013

Sexy and adorable!

by Anonymousreply 54003/20/2013

I don't blame Laurie Holden for being defensive about Andrea's character. Not only has she had people sending her rude, disgusting and bullying tweets for months, she has also gotten deaths threats from time to time (such as when her character accidentally shot Darryl)

I honestly think some of the show's fanbase is partially mentally retarded at this point, blaming an actor for something their character did.

by Anonymousreply 54103/20/2013

Why hasn't Rick taught them how to hot wire a car? With so many abandoned cars strewn all over the place ONE or TWO should at least have enough gas to get them away from danger once in a while. If Laurie knew how to hot wire a car she could have stolen the Governors ride and gotten away. Also, when they do their house searches why don't they ever look for practical things like clean clothes and toilet paper, soap and toothpaste. They stay in those schmutz stained clothes forever. Nasty. Just nasty.

by Anonymousreply 54203/20/2013

I am sad to say I think the show is over. The audience will drift away quickly. Look for a cancellation next year in my opinion. TNT will pull the plug as soon as ad revenues decline.

by Anonymousreply 54303/20/2013

[quote] Milton said he knows the Governor since before the ZA but does he ever call him by name? I can't remember exactly how he addresses him.

I believe I heard him call him Phillip, (or whatever his name is)

by Anonymousreply 54403/20/2013

R542 Most of the cars would have dead batteries. Since so few cars are operational, it would be difficult to jump start them.

by Anonymousreply 54503/20/2013

Remember, Andrea was an attorney before things went to hell, an intelligent woman capable of convincing people.

I dislike her also but when you look out over the entire cast of characters, she's really the most complex, evolved one of them all. Remember, this is the woman who insisted on killing herself early on. She's now a battle-hardened zombie killer able to fight off a herd with a simple buck knife. She's constantly conflicted but has a compass toward wanting the right, just outcome in things.

Yeah, she's pretty, and the "Governor" (most lame villain name EVER) is sadistic and fucked up: so of course it isn't difficult to believe he'd want to torture her, or anyone else for that matter.

Nobody here says a word when the writers develop a horrible demise for any male character or stereotypes men, which they do. Are you telling me none of the guys in the core group are squeamish about blood, etc.? One of them surely would be in real life. So let's dial-back the tiresome "Andrea is being used as a sexist device for redneck boys" bullshit. It's a poor attempt to mask someone's own classism and sexism.

If you troll-dar the right person, you'll see this is all coming from one poster who apparently should stick to Bravo and Lifetime TV and staying clear of gory zombie shows.

by Anonymousreply 54703/20/2013

r453, did you mean that comment for the Southland thread?

by Anonymousreply 54803/20/2013

I meant r543, did you mean that for Southland?

by Anonymousreply 54903/20/2013

Andrea is not the most complicated person on the show. As she said in the first season episode three that what she missed most from her previous life was a vibrator. And she's been looking for a replacement every since.

She thinks she's an Alpha female leader. Well guess what, leaders need to be able to size people up and she hasn't. I wish the show would dismissed her as easily as Rick and the Gov did at the summit.

by Anonymousreply 55003/20/2013

R546, No.

You don't get to dismiss a valid concern about the writing of the female characters on the show, using every misogynist's tactic of calling the concern a lesbian or man-hating one (or at least you don't get to without me calling your ass out in it)

Seriously that tactic has been used over and again, to shut up anyone concerned about any woman's issue, and it's been bullshit everytime.

I and the people pointing out the ridiculously poor and intentionally idiotic way they've portrayed their female characters are not imagining things, nor do we want the female characters to "turn into a bunch of angry lesbians running wild and killing men"

Strawman much? (aside from the fact that it's disturbing enough that you're equating lesbians with killing men)

But then I don't expect someone like you to realize they're using a strawman, I don't expect someone who can use the word cooze as an insult to be capable of much critical thinking.

Also there have been multiple articles from both male and female authors who've clearly pointed out this shitty treatment of the female characters by the author. You're welcome to look them up (and I'm not trying to imply that because a male author wrote to backup a viewpoint of female issues that it makes that issue more valid, but to someone as anti-woman as you it probably does)

by Anonymousreply 55103/20/2013

Well what's interesting is that if you read the show reviews from publications like newspapers or the Atlantic or Salon or Slate, they all talk about basically how much the show sucks. Every single article I've read is negative. I hope the WD creative staff is listening.

by Anonymousreply 55303/20/2013

R551 -- please try to recognize a troll when you see one. The last thing you want to do is address one seriously. That just makes it come bobbing above water again and again, like a dead fish.

by Anonymousreply 55403/20/2013

Gay men sticking up for bloated obese Robert Kirkman and his views on women. Bravo! I didn't know Robert was such a stud in the gay community. I thought you guys had better taste. I guess I'm wrong.

by Anonymousreply 55503/20/2013

[quote] I am sad to say I think the show is over. The audience will drift away quickly

Guess again. There are millions of people watching Honey Boo Boo and reality shows about garbage pickers. The fanboys will stick with this show until the bitter end.There are tons of "This show is getting to me .. But I'll still keep watching because it's the best thing on TV!!!!" posts all over the web. It's zombies. It's guns. It's bad guys vs good guys. What more could the 14-29 year old male demo want, besides more nudity?

by Anonymousreply 55603/20/2013

Dear R551, I'm a female who loves Walking Dead. I don't find it misogynistic any more than I find other tv shows that way. It's soap opera with zombies.

I really think you should chill out.

by Anonymousreply 56003/20/2013

Sorry, that should have been addressed to R558. My thread numbers were fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 56103/20/2013

This is why we can't have nice things!

by Anonymousreply 56203/20/2013

Girls, girls! We're all pretty!

by Anonymousreply 56303/20/2013

We'll need a new thread soon. I'd be happy to start one if the OP of this thread isn't going to do it.

by Anonymousreply 56403/20/2013

I think R551 is right on. All you Marys who are trashing him or her, do us a favor and shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 56503/20/2013

[quote]Frank D. needed to be canned. It was his idea of keeping them on the farm so long and marketing the show as a male soap opera.[/quote]

Unluckily, the show still IS a male soap opera. Nothing's changed, and the show's on its third showrunner. Hoping the third time will be a charm when Gimple takes the helm for S4, but I'm sadly not holding my breath.

by Anonymousreply 56603/20/2013

R541 I agree with you that Laurie Holden does not deserve those asinine death threats and rude tweets from the assholes on the Internet who are bullying her for a shittily-written character on TV. However, I do agree with an earlier poster that she does come across as whiny and overly-defensive of her character on the show--to a ridiculous degree.

On last week's Talking Dead, she kept proclaiming Andrea's love for "these beautiful people" who are her "family" at the prison, and how she doesn't have a mean bone in her body and yadda yadda yadda that all other characters and all other plotlines were summarily sent to the background for almost the entirety of the show. It struck me as more than a little self-serving and piously indignant, especially considering that Sarah Wayne Callies (who played Lori on the show) was equally harrassed and bullied on the Internets for her character--to the extent that she shut down her Twitter account--yet didn't put up *half* the stink that Holden is doing about, "really, Andrea's cool, guys! Honest!" Callies just seemed to handle her character's crit with a little more dignity and class--she took it for the bullshit that it essentially is (it's about a TV character, not global warming, for Chrissakes) and moved on.

That all being said, I do think the writers and producers of S3 did Andrea's character a horrible disservice. It's not Laurie Holden's fault that she has to deal with poorly-written scripts with an inconsistent tone (because each episode has a different writer AND director) and a terrible character arc. She is probably doing the best she can to play her part well and to do her job/earn a paycheck. If I were her, I'd be mad as all getout at Mazzara, Gale Anne Hurd (exec. producer), their minions, and their bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 56703/20/2013

The bean counters at AMC are to blame. They are so into cost cutting because they overspent on the renewal of Man Men and their firing of everyone on the Walking Dead has made the producers, writers and directors running for cover. The need to dedicate one writer for al the main characters-talk more to the actors ( a mini rebellion happen with the actors who play Rick/Shane) during their confrontation. The actors kind of winged it and did it there way as opposed to the writers. Kirkman is to heavy handed- and doesn't realize he is over his league in the tv medium.

They don't even know how to write for Michonne-she comes across as a mute angry lesbian guy. Which she wasn't in the comics. And why did Maggie had to be the one who blabbed about the prison location. I would think a girl raise on a farm is a little tougher than a city pizza delivery guy. But they couldn't show that kind of weakness in a man.

Even though Glen was complaining last season that he was frustrated because now that he was in a relationship he had to worry about another person and he froze in one encounter because of that. I think the storyline would have been more interesting if he was the one who told where the prison was located on top of not being able to protect his girlfriend from almost being rape. That would of done a number on his head and make his scenes more poignant in dealing with Maggie afterwards. And further explain why he was so wrapped up in his manliness about his women being violated than being concern about Maggie's feelings dealing with the trauma.

by Anonymousreply 56803/21/2013

[quote]And why did Maggie had to be the one who blabbed about the prison location.

If I recall they were about to kill Glen.

by Anonymousreply 56903/21/2013

In this cut scene, Andrea explains why she chose to stay in Woodbury.

by Anonymousreply 57003/21/2013

And they were about to rape Maggie.

by Anonymousreply 57103/21/2013

she does come across as whiny and overly-defensive of her character on the show

Considering how easy it is to get fired from this show/killed onscreen, I think the actress is trying her best to defend a character that she knows damn well is badly written.

The show is a hit. She wants to stay employed. If she had gone on TTD and said, "I know, right? Why did Andrea do that? I couldn't figure it out, either!" she'd be admitting how bad the writing is and she'd get shitcanned.

by Anonymousreply 57203/21/2013

Exactly. They killed off Laurie (Sarah Wayne Callie's) character and the hatred for her among the fanbase is probably why.

Even if Holden initially let the criticism slide off her the way Callie's did, after Callie's got killed off she probably freaked out and thought she'd be next. She is second-most hated after all.

I don't blame her for being defensive, she doesn't want to get killed off the series. Walking Dead is a steady job and a steady paycheck, and I don't think Holden has ever been in a vehicle so big.

Of course she's defending the character, even if it's shittily written, I think she'd rather be on the show than not.

by Anonymousreply 57303/21/2013

I agree with the last few posts. The thing with Callies is I'm pretty sure she knew she was going to get killed off, so there was no reason for her to get so defensive. This leads me to believe that Andrea will be around for a while.

Also, Laurie Holden can't go on tv and say the writing is shit and the writers are fucking up her character. That would be the end of her character and it might be the end to future projects as well. Remember what happens to the actresses who bite the hands that feed? - Katherine Heigl, Megan Fox...

by Anonymousreply 57403/21/2013

So...Andrea might survive her situation.

The Governor said he was going to go out looking for her again tomorrow, I assumed that was when he was going to dump the body.

by Anonymousreply 57503/21/2013

Link to the new thread....

by Anonymousreply 57603/21/2013

I am hoping that something snaps Morgan back to some sort of manageable sanity and that he goes to join the gang at the prison.

Hopefully that happens before the gang at the prison has to hit the road again.

by Anonymousreply 57703/23/2013

Before seeing the newest episode, I would have bet that that is a death that would have made me cheer rather than shed a tear.

But I seriously caught myself getting emotional during that final scene.

by Anonymousreply 57803/25/2013

There is a new thread R578.

by Anonymousreply 57903/27/2013

Why can't you bitches finish out a thread before you fucking start a new one!?

by Anonymousreply 58004/03/2013

Anybody else watching the marathon?

by Anonymousreply 58110/07/2013

Watching the old shows makes me miss psycho sexy Shane

I actually forgot how the season ended? Did the governor get killed? I think Laurie got killed, right?

by Anonymousreply 58210/08/2013

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 58310/08/2013

Laurie was the wife. Michonne didn't put Lori down, the blonde chick did. Michonne put down Andrea.

by Anonymousreply 58410/08/2013

Carl killed Lori and is well on way to becoming a cold blooded psychopath. I'm glad Andrea died but now there's no one left for me to hate.

by Anonymousreply 58510/08/2013

by Anonymousreply 58610/09/2013

I thought Milton was cute. He had a sort of John Ritter thing going on.

by Anonymousreply 58710/09/2013

Thank you. Funny thing is I meant Andrea not Laurie but the person who answered me knew what I meant. That's right, Milton bit her.

by Anonymousreply 58810/09/2013

r585, there's still Carl to hate.

by Anonymousreply 58910/09/2013

by Anonymousreply 59010/09/2013

I thought Carol had that hairstyle for low maintenance because of being on the run from the zombies and was surprised to see her in "The Mist" with that same short hair. She is okay, I like her character better now that she has become stronger.

by Anonymousreply 59110/09/2013

Carol has become such a badass. I hope she hooks up with Daryl this season.

by Anonymousreply 59210/09/2013

I enjoy their flirting but she is way too old for Daryl, unless he wants a mommy figure.

by Anonymousreply 59310/09/2013

There's only four years difference between Norman Reedus and Melissa McBride.

by Anonymousreply 59410/09/2013

But she seems so much older to me

by Anonymousreply 59510/09/2013

Wait a second, I thought Andrea put herself down, and Michonne stayed behind for support.

by Anonymousreply 59610/11/2013

Should I start a new Walking thread? What should it be titled? Is this the 4th season starting on Sunday?

by Anonymousreply 59710/11/2013

New thread...started.

by Anonymousreply 59810/11/2013

Okay, I think some of you just read recaps and don't actually watch the show. When the Governor realized that Milton had betrayed him he devised the ultimate revenge on both Milton and Andrea. The Governor over powered Andrea and handcuffed her to the dentist chair in the torture room. He brought Milton to the room so he could see that Andrea was his prisioner. He ordered Milton to gather up the tools he had intended to use on Michonne. Milton was very anxious and spilled the tools on the floor. Milton deliberately left a pair of plyers on the floor behind the dentist chair. The Governor handed Milton a knife and ordered him to kill Laurie. Milton tried to stab the Governor instead. The Governor managed to get the knife away and stabbed Milton. He locked Milton in the room with Laurie. Laurie managed to pick up the plyers with her feet and was attempting to pry open the handcuffs when Milton died of his injuries and became re-animated. He attacked Laurie and took a chunk out of her shoulder before she put him down by stabbing him in the skull with the plyers.. She was barely alive when she was found by Rick and Michonne and insisted on killing herself with her own gun. Michonne refused to leave Andrea and was with her when she ended her own life. Bang. End of Andrea.

by Anonymousreply 59910/11/2013

I didn't even remember that Andrea had died. It's just another glorified soap to me. Not a favorite, I never want to see the reruns, but I do appreciate it and all the other wonderful glorified cable soaps. TV has definitely improved the last decade or so.

by Anonymousreply 60010/11/2013
Need more help? Click Here.