Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I'm looking for a nice resort to go to for Xmas, any suggestions

Doesn't matter where and I'm willing to pay up to $1000 a day. Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 2012/10/2012

Start your search on the Pacific coast of Costa Rica.

by Anonymousreply 112/02/2012

Want some company, OP?

by Anonymousreply 212/02/2012

Las Ventanas al Paraiso in Cabo. Exquisite, and you never have to leave the grounds. My partner and I have never had an issue there as a same sex couple, either. Does not cater to kids, which is a major plus. Only downside is that the ocean is kind of rough there, so no beach swimming. Cannot wait to return.

by Anonymousreply 312/02/2012

Back off, R2. OP is taking me.

by Anonymousreply 412/02/2012

For that price, they should throw in a rentboy.

by Anonymousreply 512/02/2012

Well if you can ave the country and go to somewhere fun & interesting like Spain or Italy or even Austria. It won't be as warm as Costa Rica, but it will be lovely and you can eat like a little piggy an evel in the beauty of it all!

by Anonymousreply 612/02/2012

Resorts! Parting rich people from their money....You need to unplug, and immerse yourself in another culture in an atmosphere of quiet and decay.

Silay, Negros, the Philippines.

You could spend a week there for the price of one day at one of your resorts.

by Anonymousreply 712/02/2012

Thanks R3. I just did some research and it is booked for the holidays. Any other suggestions would be really appreciated.

by Anonymousreply 812/02/2012

It's expensive, but I loved Key West over Xmas. I went there once from Xmas to after new Years eve/Day. It was AWESOME.

by Anonymousreply 912/02/2012

Playa Tamarindo, Guanacaste, CR

by Anonymousreply 1012/02/2012

Kamandalu, Bali

by Anonymousreply 1112/04/2012

Have a great Christmas!

by Anonymousreply 1212/04/2012

[quote]Only downside is that the ocean is kind of rough there, so no beach swimming.

WTF, R3? I haven't been to Las Ventanas but I've been to San Jose del Cabo a number of times. It's not even *on* the ocean, let alone too rough to swim. It faces the Gulf of California and has a year-round water temperature warmer than even that in Cabo San Lucas 20 miles away, let alone the Pacific side of Baja.

by Anonymousreply 1312/04/2012

OP, isn't it a little late to be planning a Christmas getaway?

by Anonymousreply 1412/04/2012

Come visit me in Ocho Rios. We'll get paynis tattoos

by Anonymousreply 1512/04/2012

OP, come join me down in Belize. We'll have a *killer* time!

by Anonymousreply 1612/04/2012

You can't go wrong with Hawaii.

Be careful of the Caribbean islands. Most of them are homophobic to some noticeable degree.

There's always the Happiest Place on Earth.

by Anonymousreply 1712/04/2012

[quote]OP, isn't it a little late to be planning a Christmas getaway?

We decided at the last moment.

[quote]Darfur orphan

We donate generously to The Butterfly Tree, so you can't make me feel guilty. :)

Thanks for the all suggestions. We're just going to go to Hawaii and be done with it. Reservations are made and we're all set. Thank you for the suggestions. I really appreciate it.

by Anonymousreply 1812/04/2012

"Butterfly Tree"

Oh, yeah. What an actress. She was so good in Gone with the Wind.

by Anonymousreply 1912/04/2012

Las Ventanas is in the corridor between San Jose del Cabo and Cabo San Lucas, and right on the water on a beach called Playa Brava. If you haven't been to the resort, R13, then try to believe someone who has.

by Anonymousreply 2012/10/2012
Need more help? Click Here.