Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

"I need the name of a doctor in NYC, a generalist, I guess."

As requested:

"A really good doctor who is comfortable with queers. Because I have like 3 different nagging health issues I have been ignoring - not STDs - and I am FRIGHTENED TO DEATH IF DOCTORS, leftover from watching friends die in the 80s and 90s, and I can't continue not dealing with stuff because doctors scare me. But I don't know who to ask about really good doctors. So any help would be groovy."

by Anonymousreply 1112/07/2012

Go see a nurse practitioner first.

by Anonymousreply 112/02/2012

Hey yo thanks dude for posting this, and sorry for my typos! Kisses and kisses,

by Anonymousreply 212/02/2012

Help me out, yo.

by Anonymousreply 312/02/2012

Go to one of the doctors at Callen-Lorde. And do it. Your health is far too important to be frightened into neglecting it.

by Anonymousreply 412/02/2012

Are Callen-Lorde's doctors really good?

by Anonymousreply 512/02/2012

Up because the requester of this thread hasn't gotten many responses.

by Anonymousreply 612/07/2012

Love my doctor, Dr. Stephen Dillon

by Anonymousreply 712/07/2012

Dr. Oscar Klein...love him.

by Anonymousreply 812/07/2012

[quote] am FRIGHTENED TO DEATH IF DOCTORS, leftover from watching friends die in the 80s and 90s

Because your friends were killed by doctors, of course.

by Anonymousreply 912/07/2012

I am a high-maintenance patient and Dr. Dan Bowers was the most wonderful, caring physician I've ever had. I was so sad when he left L.A. to move to NY because he and his partner wanted to raise his children there. He seems to be at Callen-Lorde now, but he may also have a private pracitice.

He's extremely qualified ... he's even a founder of Pacific Oaks Medical which was apparently the first private medical clinic ever opened specifically for gay patients.

by Anonymousreply 1012/07/2012

So you're frightened to death of doctors, for some unexplained reason, but you'll feel more comfortable if you get recommendations from strangers on DataLounge? Begone, troll, and stop insulting our intelligence.

by Anonymousreply 1112/07/2012
Need more help? Click Here.