Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Blade Runner on SYFY

Is the version the run the original theatrical release? Isn't there a version where Ford if a replicant?

There is so much info online to go through....could we start a DL discussion instead?

by Anonymousreply 1412/08/2012

Not feeeeesh....snake scale.

by Anonymousreply 112/02/2012

Inside scoop: there's a prequel in the works. The original screenwriter, Hampton Fancher, is working on a new script with Riddley Scott.

by Anonymousreply 212/02/2012

The mystery of whether Ford is or isn't a replicate is never answered.

by Anonymousreply 312/02/2012

r3....I thought it was answered in the director's cut...anyone?

by Anonymousreply 412/02/2012

d

by Anonymousreply 512/07/2012

R4, Ridley Scott has pretty much said that Ford is a replicant.

by Anonymousreply 612/07/2012

What does the original story imply? I like PKD's short stories, but couldn't get through Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep. But I would assume that what is implied there would be more authoritative.

As an aside, may I suggest that if you live alone, you should never read Dick's stories before bed. The man knew how to put his finger RIGHT on the section of the brain that could generate inchoate psychological terror when pressed.

by Anonymousreply 712/07/2012

[quote]As an aside, may I suggest that if you live alone, you should never read Dick's stories before bed. The man knew how to put his finger RIGHT on the section of the brain that could generate inchoate psychological terror when pressed.

That sounds cool....any particular stories?

by Anonymousreply 812/07/2012

R8, I don't remember the exact title but I think it was the "Philip K. Dick Collection" and was published some time between 99 and 2001. The first story in it starts with a man coming into a small town and seeing a corpse hanging from a high tree or streetlight...I won't spoil it but that is enough for you to know it is the collection I speak of. I was scared shitless by the whole book but that story especially...you won't be right off the bat scared, but it will seep into your deep brain and you will wish you had never started the collection. Happy reading!

by Anonymousreply 912/08/2012

Ford is a bottom

by Anonymousreply 1012/08/2012

In "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" which is the source of the movie, Deckard is not a synthetic. But he's also married with a kid, and the point of the story is very different from that of the film.

Of course it appeals to contemporary notions of meaning and irony for him to be an android himself, and Ridley Scott is nothing if not accessible to smirkingly prosaic irony, but I prefer for the character to be human.

by Anonymousreply 1112/08/2012

Agreed, R11. Blade Runner is the last good movie Scott made(with Alien easily being his best). Prometheus is one of the worst movies ever made. Hollywood and the commercial making industry rotted his mind and soul.

by Anonymousreply 1212/08/2012

I had forgotten how wooden Sean Young was. She just had good hats.

Johanna Cassidy terrified me as a child. She was kick ass and yet her death was sort of sad. She didn't get much of a career out of this did she? (or before it for that matter.)

by Anonymousreply 1312/08/2012

Sean Young was green and limited, and yet I think she was vulnerable and also appealing in an odd way. Ridley Scott said she had a bit of an unusual character about her, different from the other more typical actresses, a bit of a weirdness. I think this payed off and made her seem a bit melancholic and different, which fit the character.

Plus, she had a great face.

by Anonymousreply 1412/08/2012
Need more help? Click Here.