Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Cable TV and Internet packages in LA

What do you suggest?

We have FIOS now, but it's been shitty the last 6 months. Taping shows late or cutting off the last 5 minutes. Also issues with a few seconds of cutting out or no sound. We have had people out and they have tried different things, but it's still happens.

We are on a month to month contract now, so we can get a new provider.

We have local channels, a pretty big cable lineup, plus Showtime and HBO. No extra sports or other extras though. We pay about $150 for all that plus wireless Internet. We love the On Demand selection.

What do you have, and do you like it?

by Anonymousreply 1712/02/2012

Netflix, iTunes, AppleTV

by Anonymousreply 112/01/2012

R1, we have all that.

by Anonymousreply 212/01/2012

FIOS, Love it.

by Anonymousreply 312/01/2012

Is it cheaper to just buy current shows on Apple TV as opposed to paying for cable?

by Anonymousreply 412/01/2012

Click here to find out more! Rising sports programming costs could have consumers crying foul

Nearly half of the monthly cable or satellite bill goes to sports channels. Escalating prices are triggering worries that subscribers will start walking away.

by Anonymousreply 512/01/2012

You have FIOS? I envy you , OP. I can't imagine going from FIOS back to cable modem.

by Anonymousreply 612/02/2012

I'd kill to have FIOS in my area, and I'm in a Verizon landline city! I'm stuck with the perennially lowest-rated (in Consumer Reports) Charter.

by Anonymousreply 712/02/2012

Have had DISH for about 4 years. I'm a tennis nut and they have the Tennis Channel (as part of a package of course--which I don't watch at all except TC). I also get the French Channel TV5Monde and La RAI (Italian Channel). DISH Network does not have the European channels. I pay $123 I think for that plus the DVR. Very few problems overall--occasionally have to unplug the DVR and reboot it because it gets too hot or something.

by Anonymousreply 812/02/2012

Comcast. About $100 a month for hbo and cinemax channels plus encore, sundance and ifc and dvr plus too many channels i dont watch. Wish i could customize to channels i watch and just pay for them.

by Anonymousreply 912/02/2012

Could someone please start a thread where people who aren't paying members can write potential thread ideas?Just a thought. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 1012/02/2012

Digital Antenna, you will get 32 channels clear with a higher resolution than cable. No name internet, because it doesn't matter, it is a commodity.

by Anonymousreply 1112/02/2012

Torrents baby.

by Anonymousreply 1212/02/2012

Excuse my stupidity, but not having cable or anything else for that matter, except a power antenna, for the last five years I'm out of the loop on this stuff: when you get a digital antenna, do ou still have to subscribe to a service?

by Anonymousreply 1312/02/2012

Had FIOS. Switched to Comcast two months ago. Huge mistake. Internet speed reminds me of dial-up from the '90s and their new X1 box does not work. According to their techs, it has a lot of bugs. I'm going back to FIOS next week.

by Anonymousreply 1412/02/2012

Who has time to watch TV?

by Anonymousreply 1512/02/2012

Had Cablevision, switched to Fios, switched back to Cablevision. It's okay.

by Anonymousreply 1612/02/2012

R12 Do you know of any ISP that doesn't cap its data? Mine keeps calling me and telling me I've gone over their limit, even though I'm paying for the highest speed (at $60/month!)

by Anonymousreply 1712/02/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!