Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The hot cop who helped the homeless guy.

Great thing, no doubt about it. But sometimes, these stories make me a little pissed. The point of the story should be that the "best" and richest country has a guy in NYC in December who doesn't have shoes. Period. He got millions of facebook "likes" - people see the story, feel good about it and good about themselves for noting "that's nice". Maybe donate some shoes, money or get your politicians to do their jobs instead.

by Anonymousreply 712/01/2012

But you're not supposed to think OP...just "feel good." And then just forget about the poverty problem. That's the American way!

by Anonymousreply 112/01/2012

it's true. it is amazing that a country of such unending wealth also has such want. it's the people in the middle who witness it

by Anonymousreply 212/01/2012

Others have pointed out though on another thread that the guy who got the shoes was probably mentally ill and may have sold the shoes for food or a fix. I'm sure if he sees that cop again he's not going to run up to him in his new shoes (?) and offer profuse thanks and shake his hand. The question is, why are the mentally ill roaming the streets, or homeless for that matter. I think some of the answer lies with the darling of the republicans, ronnie "headrest" reegin--maybe some of you are too young to realize, partly through republican disinformation, that his "budget cuts" in the '80s caused many mentally ill to be turned out onto the streets.

by Anonymousreply 312/01/2012

and those bitches in NY have tons of shows!!! I blame Sarah Jessica Parker!!!

by Anonymousreply 412/01/2012

oops I meant shoes!! but I guess they have lots of shows too!!!

by Anonymousreply 512/01/2012

You and Ed Sullivan, god rest his soul, r5. Or maybe you're too young to remember his "really big shoe or shew (show)...........

by Anonymousreply 612/01/2012

Well they "deinstitutionalized" the severely mentally ill, claiming they were going to 'integrate them back into communities'. Then they just basically dumped them in the streets. It was a way of defunding everything.

by Anonymousreply 712/01/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!