Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Anjelica Huston

What's her story?

What's the big deal between her and her father?

She has an autobiography coming out next year.

I know nothing about her outside of her movies.

by Anonymousreply 2712/02/2012

Hot snatch

by Anonymousreply 112/01/2012

What's her story? She's fabulous, and I suspect somewhat shady considering her long relationship with Jack Nicholson, although that could only mean she did a lot of cocaine with him and he didn't hit her or god knows what else. But she's fabulous.

I'm not aware of a story between her and her father. Are you mistaking him for the character he plays in Chinatown?

by Anonymousreply 212/01/2012

She's been reduced to playing a supporting role to Debra Messing.

by Anonymousreply 312/01/2012

She has said both Nicholson and her father had cruel sides. Her father wasn't to involved in her life and then to make up for it he put her in a movie (To Walk with Love and death or something like that)in which she wasn't very good and became kind of a laughing stock as an actress. She didn't really overcome that film until years later when her father put her in Prizzi's Honor and she did a good job.

by Anonymousreply 412/01/2012

The film was "A Walk With Love and Death", R4, it was made when she was 18 or 19 and she was utterly lifeless in it. Which was a pity, the film had potential.

I think she's a goddess, at least onscreen. Even now, when she's sixty-plus, her personality is so strong that she comes across as a magnificent ruin of a woman! Offscreen, I'm not so sure. The association with the disgusting Nicholson is so offputting.

by Anonymousreply 512/01/2012

She's a bitch who sat by while a young girl was raped.

by Anonymousreply 612/01/2012

but it wasn't rape rape r6

by Anonymousreply 712/02/2012

Hollywood royalty with daddy issues.

Love her in The Witches.

by Anonymousreply 812/02/2012

I hate people who get where they are because of their parents. I know this bitch who got into the union because of her parents.

by Anonymousreply 912/02/2012

I loved her in Grifters, a great movie when she still had her looks. You don't hear about her at all anymore. I have no idea what she looks like today.

by Anonymousreply 1012/02/2012

Yes, she was terrific in "grifters". She has a lovely voice. She wasn't sitting by when that girl was pimped out by her mom. AH was not there. Get the story straight.

by Anonymousreply 1112/02/2012

Rumor has it there was some sort of incestuous affair/relationship between her and her father which is why both Chinatown and The Grifters raised eyebrows.

by Anonymousreply 1212/02/2012

r10 she's on an American TV show called Smash...she looks very old and hacked up but the role kind of calls for that... she's kind of the bright spot of the show.

I enjoyed her in The Grifters but she was a little old for that too. Everyone is always so shocked she is Cusack's mother....but in actuality she totally looked like she could be his mother.

by Anonymousreply 1312/02/2012

She's a man, baby

by Anonymousreply 1412/02/2012

Ever After is a guilty pleasure.

She plays a great villain.

by Anonymousreply 1512/02/2012

She was fantastic in:

Prizzi's Honor

The Witches

The Grifters

BOTH Adams Family movies

Buffalo 66

The Royal Tannenbaums

The Life Aquatic

by Anonymousreply 1612/02/2012

I think it is shameful that she destroyed her face with plastic surgery. I gasped when she came on screen during Smash.

by Anonymousreply 1712/02/2012

Angelica's horrific plastic surgery is the least offensive thing about "Smash." She should thank her lucky stars for people like Debra Messing...

by Anonymousreply 1812/02/2012

this is a pretty amazing commercial Anjelica did in her days as a top model in the 1970s with the legendary RIchard Avedon, for Japanese fashion company Jun Rope.

you din't want to miss this

by Anonymousreply 1912/02/2012

Sometime during the last decade, she turned into an ugly man. She was also a complete cunt about that little girl Polanski raped.

by Anonymousreply 2012/02/2012

Awesome, R19.

by Anonymousreply 2112/02/2012

Exactly what R6 said

A young, minor girl was involved.

She and a jaded Nicholson (who I am convinced is worse) were involved).

She sucks.

If there is a "Heaven", Nicholson will get buggered there fortnightly.

by Anonymousreply 2212/02/2012

R22, your disgusting homophobia doesn't belong here. Whatever your moral outrage is, presuming to wish rape on a man offends both the supposed cause you're touting and gay people whose site this is.

The fact that you are also illiterate and don't understand the definition of the words your choose (as you attempt to be exalted in your pique) doesn't excuse your foolish savagery.

Go away. Stay away.

by Anonymousreply 2312/02/2012

r23 made me weep a little....it was like when Sally stood on the machines with the "union" sign

by Anonymousreply 2412/02/2012

The young girl was already a pass around drug slut and doesn't even have a beef with Polanski anymore. Save the righteous indignation.

by Anonymousreply 2512/02/2012

No, Polanski drugged and fucked that teenage girl and it was criminal. Huston and Nicholson stood by Polanski as friends but neither was involved in drugging or raping that kid. It was all on Polanski.

She's not as interesting as an actress as I had hoped. I don't know if it's because there weren't the right kind of roles for her or she didn't have range. She really hasn't worked all that much.

She does have Daddy issues and since Jack always liked playing Daddy I guess they worked something out for a while. "Bastard Out of Carolina" was an interesting choice for her as a director.

by Anonymousreply 2612/02/2012

She was excellent in "The Dead", directed by her father. Actually everyone in that film was superb. Her Irish accent was flawless, of course she spent a lot of her childhood in Galway.

by Anonymousreply 2712/02/2012
Need more help? Click Here.