Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

iTunes 11

I hate it. iTunes has never been my favorite application. But now I really hate it. Apple continues to make it as impossible as they can to prevent you from doing anything except what they want you to do in the way they want you to do it.

I bought a TV season pass, and I want to download one episode at a time so it doesn't take hours before the first episode is downloaded. But they've taken that option away. I searched everywhere in their very limited menus and cannot find the check box that controls this.

Anyone have any luck with this. Google is still on the old version.

by Anonymousreply 5712/12/2012

Yeah, it is horrible for streaming music over a home network. In iTunes 11, my home network shows up, I click on it, and then it disappears. It only reappears when I restart iTunes on the computer I'm streaming it from.

by Anonymousreply 112/01/2012

I don't know if I like it becaue they don't tell you how do do anything with the new changes. I currently have 10 ablums across in a row. That's too small for me I want to enlarge them, How? Beats the shit out of me. It doesn't tell you how to see what you have in the cloud. Why not? Goggling does nothing. You're on your own.

by Anonymousreply 212/02/2012

Who are Apple's competitors for music and software? I want to start using something else.

by Anonymousreply 312/02/2012

I haven't updated to it and I don't think I will. I like cover flow for my movies and don't like artwork for songs.

by Anonymousreply 412/02/2012

They want $24 for iCloud. MobileMe was free and they shut that down. Now they want me to use their iCloud. Fuck them.

by Anonymousreply 512/02/2012

Google play

by Anonymousreply 612/02/2012

Try mediamonkey or foobar2000.

by Anonymousreply 712/02/2012

Op, the link below helped me

MobileMe free? Where I come from $100/year and free are not the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 812/02/2012

Thanks R8. The thing I really wanted to find was how to display the progress of downloads, which I did finally discover. There's a little down arrow icon in the upper right corner which opens a pop up window with status of current downloads, as well as the check box to allow simultaneous download of multiple files.

by Anonymousreply 912/03/2012

All the Apple fangurls out's a freaking cult. Overpriced products, no choice in how you set things up, no interest in the opinions of their users. Stay away from them!

by Anonymousreply 1112/03/2012

How do you get back the album cover flow? It seems to be missing.

by Anonymousreply 1212/03/2012

I believe cover flow has been removed.

by Anonymousreply 1312/03/2012

[quote]I bet the CEO and the other Apple execs are just SO upset and have their feelings hurt. They're probably crying that they horribly disapointed you

Instead of being a raging cunt, perhaps you should look around and see there are MANY unhappy people about the upgrade. One doesn't upgrade an entire decade old software and then not let anyone how the thing works.

by Anonymousreply 1412/03/2012

OP - When you're downloading, there is a little arrow pointing downward next to the SEARCH box.

When you click it, a pop-up box with all your downloads is shown.

They've put the check box for "Allow Simultaneous Downloads" at the bottom of this pop-up.

by Anonymousreply 1512/03/2012

It no longer gives you the option of viewing album artwork like the previous version.

by Anonymousreply 1612/04/2012

If the new user interface sucks, people will just start stealing music on mass again.

by Anonymousreply 1712/04/2012

I never update Apple software. ITunes and the latest update for the iPad/iPhone 4s remain unloaded here. All Apple updates fuck up your product.

by Anonymousreply 1812/04/2012

[quote]It no longer gives you the option of viewing album artwork like the previous version.

14 pages and counting of people not too happy about it on Apples's own site. And that's just one subject.

by Anonymousreply 1912/04/2012

It definitely needed to be updated but I have to say It's getting on my nerves trying to figure it all out. I see all my album artwork [R16]

by Anonymousreply 2012/04/2012

It's actually GREAT, once you actually learn how to use it. I do miss the "cover flow", but the rest is great! You can only get "cover flow" on the iPhone 5.

by Anonymousreply 2112/04/2012

I'll admit that the fonts are larger and easier to read, but I miss cover flow; I liked seeing the album artwork. Some of the artwork I picked myself for my highest rated songs.

by Anonymousreply 2212/04/2012

[quote]people will just start stealing music on mass again

Is that anything like en masse?

by Anonymousreply 2312/04/2012

It's those fucking Zoom-watching Boston Irish trash, R23; they'll steal from yer mom's dead corpse!

by Anonymousreply 2412/04/2012

It's confusing - where's the list of the library files so I can click&drag them into my Ipod?

The search library feature has problems. I tried searching for two different songs and both were not found using various words. I'm going to a torrent site to see if I can find an older version of itunes.

by Anonymousreply 2512/04/2012

I hated the old iTunes so much, that I actually have gotten rid of all my Apple products and software completely now.

And I'm much happier for it.

by Anonymousreply 2612/05/2012

by Anonymousreply 2712/05/2012

[quote]MobileMe free? Where I come from $100/year and free are not the same thing.

?? MobileMe went free in June 2011, in preparation for the transition to iCloud.

iCloud has 5 gigbytes of free storage. You only pay for a subscription if you want more than that.

by Anonymousreply 2812/05/2012

[quote]Apple continues to make it as impossible as they can to prevent you from doing anything except what they want you to do in the way they want you to do it.

This really can't be said enough. I started using Apple products when OS X first came out and I'm just about sick of them now. I seem to like all the features that Apple apparently hates and wants to do away with.

by Anonymousreply 2912/05/2012

Geez, what drama. R14 people who are happy to post on complaint boards. You do realize this don't you?

Apple is no worse or better than any of these companies on this front.

Microsoft Word is a fucking joke in PC world -- and yet seems to work just fine on the Mac. I can set tabs in a quick click on Word for the Mac at home, but on my PC, I have to click a tab, click a box, click another box and on and on and on just to do it. The new page numbering method takes 3 steps you can do on Word for the Mac in one step. I had to change most the settings and create macros to make it usable..

We use Norell email at work (still?) and the address book is insane.

Apple pulls equally moronic changes on customers without telling us. All of the sudden with the last upgrades it made the shuffle the default so my alphabetical playlist went nuts.

Did I hate having to figure out how to fix it? Yes.

Is this a setback from the Apple of old that made things user friendly? I'll accept that.

Is it as bad as it could be? No.

by Anonymousreply 3012/05/2012

[quote]Microsoft Word is a fucking joke in PC world -- and yet seems to work just fine on the Mac. I can set tabs in a quick click on Word for the Mac at home, but on my PC, I have to click a tab, click a box, click another box and on and on and on just to do it.

On what planet? I just double checked to verify, but yeah, I can set or clear any tab with a single click. And I don't have to go anywhere near the ribbon.

This is in Office 2010 (which I just upgraded to... my workplace doesn't exactly stay on top of upgrades), but it was the same in every other version of Office (pre- and post- "Ribbon") that I can remember.

I'm not even sure what you're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 3112/05/2012

I hate that now, instead if a song is checked, it's highlighted and I can't get a whole album to play. The whole album is highlighted (checked) but it will only play the first song.

by Anonymousreply 3212/05/2012

They definitely have not worked out all the kinks yet. Syncing your iPad/iPhone takes for-fucking-EVER, so slow to the point that you actually think it's frozen mid-sync until you notice the bar inch ever so slightly to the right (meaning it's still going).

Syncing has never taken me this long before. WTF is that about? They need to fix that shit pronto.

by Anonymousreply 3312/06/2012

Of course you don't understand R31, because you're clearly not doing advanced block tabbing and formatting on your documents.

Now tell us how you set page numbering for publishing in single clicks with 2010. The official Word guide breaks it into three format steps.

by Anonymousreply 3412/06/2012

by Anonymousreply 3512/06/2012

They are releasing a new update anytime now for the iTunes store to work out the kinks.

by Anonymousreply 3612/06/2012

R34, when pointed out you're wrong... you change your story? That's convenient.

by Anonymousreply 3712/06/2012

It's really strange to me that there aren't more options for operating systems.

by Anonymousreply 3812/06/2012

there are plenty of OSes R38, just look at the Unix world. Sure many are based on Debian, but there are quite a few.

by Anonymousreply 3912/06/2012

R39, but they can't and don't compete with Windows or OSX. We need a serious 3rd Party.

by Anonymousreply 4012/06/2012

OS X/iOS is coasting.

Windows is innovating, after years of coasting, finally getting serious about design, efficiency, and capabilities. But it's only one step out... it has a long way to go.

Android isn't a real OS yet, but gets better and more powerful with each release.

It's competition at its best. It'll be an interesting few years.

by Anonymousreply 4112/06/2012

tell the ppl at Canonical (makers of Ubuntu) that, see what they say, or the ppl behind Linux Mint

by Anonymousreply 4212/06/2012

R42, no one makes professional software for the -nixes because they obviously are not competing. Professionals cannot use the -nixes for any serious work.

by Anonymousreply 4312/06/2012

lol, do u realize how many serious studios only use linux? do you really think they put up with the incredible system requirements of Win7/Win8, all that unnecessary glitz and unknown background processes sapping power?

even Apple is losing pros because of the aging Mac Pro. Cook has promised a new Pro for 2013, but many have already moved from FCP7/X to Avid, like Red has done. And i say all this as a Win/OSX dual booter.

check any reputable video editing, 3d graphics, or similar studio.

by Anonymousreply 4412/06/2012

can someone start a thread on the crapass review w/ Tim Cook on Rock Center. I would've at least expected him to come out...

by Anonymousreply 4512/06/2012

Just a quick reminder that R10 smells like old people shit. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 4612/06/2012

We're talking about iTunes!

by Anonymousreply 4712/06/2012

The iTunes for Mac board at the Apple site is full of urious people many of whom have switched back to 10.7. Cook is cooked; his short reign has been one fiasco after another.

by Anonymousreply 4812/08/2012

White people problems.

by Anonymousreply 4912/08/2012

Apple has the worst designers for navigating iTunes. Fucking incompetent assholes. Last year the news media enshrined Steve Jobs, with his death, and lately they talked up Apple making televisions. Their design work needs to go back to some basics, because they are a failure.

by Anonymousreply 5012/09/2012

Apple creates apps with fake leather trim, and fake wood-grain for chrissakes. Don't tell me they're ANY good at design. They're embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 5112/10/2012

I like the new iTunes performance a lot, and it does seem more logical.

But the design -- light gray on lighter gray -- is just harder to read or see, and Arial or Helvetica or whatever font they've introduced is squashed and harder to read as well.

The guy who designs the hardware has been moved over to improve the software. I'm hoping all of OS X's interfaces get simpler and easier to look at again. In the meantime, you can download free skins to make the address book and the calendar less hideous. They work well.

by Anonymousreply 5212/10/2012

How have they switched back to 10.7? I've heard it can't be done.

I haven't downloaded 11 yet, thank goodness.

by Anonymousreply 5312/10/2012

As long as you have the installer for the old version, you can always uninstall the current version and reinstall the older version.

by Anonymousreply 5412/10/2012

I wish they didn't make it so hard to figure out how to set iTunes for uploads to my iPhone via the Apple Cloud rather than the hardware USB connection.

by Anonymousreply 5512/11/2012

Were's the update?

by Anonymousreply 5612/12/2012

Any day, r56.

by Anonymousreply 5712/12/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!