Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

A detached Romney tends wounds in seclusion after failed White House bid

The man who planned to be president wakes up each morning now without a plan.

In private, Romney has told friends he has little interest in helping the Republican Party rebuild and rebrand itself.

by Anonymousreply 15712/04/2012

Why would he? They don't like him. That's what came across loud and clear in the campaign. His only asset was he wasn't Obama.

by Anonymousreply 212/01/2012

Funny I feel nothing for this guy and usually I can find it in myself to feel a little for the loser. Not this time, he is pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 312/01/2012

He was white, rich and had no moral scruples or conscience, R2. I'm sure they loved all three of those things about him.

by Anonymousreply 412/01/2012

I fucking LOVE reading these stories. Never been happier to see any candidate go down than I am about Shitt Romney.

by Anonymousreply 512/01/2012

No one will ever ask Shitt Romney for his shady taxes again. I would prefer her retire to the Cayman Islands and get the hell out of my city of San Diego.

But I sure do love reading about Romney and his delusional thoughts of what might have been but in reality was never going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 612/01/2012

My favorite part was how they ordered their Thanksgiving turkey from Boston Market.

Really???

by Anonymousreply 712/01/2012

Please leave the area, the Mittanic has sunk, no one can be saved

by Anonymousreply 812/01/2012

R6, Why should MR get a pass about his taxes, just because he lost. Do you really think that everything that he did was 100% legal?

by Anonymousreply 912/01/2012

I think Romney wanted to win more than the heads of the Republican Party (Neo-Cons) wanted him to win. They're very happy with the job Obama has been doing for them. After all, Obama has the valuable advantage of being able to implement the Neo-Con agenda while rendering unwilling to voice outrage virtually all those who would normally object to such actions if they were to come from a white Republican.

by Anonymousreply 1012/01/2012

He got fired before he even got the job. Good. Fuck the sociopath

by Anonymousreply 1112/01/2012

[quote]the past month has been most difficult on Romney’s wife, Ann, who friends said believed up until the end that ascending to the White House was their destiny.

Delusional.

by Anonymousreply 1212/01/2012

Boo fucking hoo. I wish I could nurse all my personal failings in a mult-million dollar beach house.

Dear Mittens, Stay away from politics, loser. NO ONE likes you. Not even Republicans. Sincerely, America

by Anonymousreply 1312/01/2012

What R1 said. He tormented that gay classmate, and now he's being tormented as well.

by Anonymousreply 1412/01/2012

He has no plan now?

People knew that he had no plan when he was running.

Better to keep Obama in office.

by Anonymousreply 1512/01/2012

On the upside, he gets his own planet when he dies. Plenty of room for all the sister wives.

by Anonymousreply 1612/01/2012

The WaPo story isn't about anything at all. The headline is pretty juicy, though.

Everyone has to deal with disappointment--and occasionally, "everyone" that includes rich, good-looking people.

by Anonymousreply 1712/01/2012

"... Romney’s wife, Ann, who friends said believed up until the end that ascending to the White House was their destiny.

Turns out I was destiny's child, Ann, since comparatively I got 3 million more people to 'say my name'.

by Anonymousreply 1812/01/2012

But it was my turn. MY TURN!!! I deserved it. Me me me. I did. It was my turrrrrnnnn....

*Ann Romney sobbing in a heap*

YOU PEOPLE!!

by Anonymousreply 1912/01/2012

He had no concession speech prepared so, of course, he had no plans for his post-loss existence. He had eight years of just "punting the ball down field" on his agenda as the chosen one who fulfilled some delusional Mormon white horse (or whatever) prophecy. For me, the shattering of these religious delusions is the best part. Now he can just e-mail his CEO buddies about what might have been and wait for his planet.

by Anonymousreply 2012/01/2012

R12. I TOLD YOU FUCKERS HE BELIEVED IN THE WHITE HORSE PROPHECY.

by Anonymousreply 2112/01/2012

Well apparently Ann did. She's been crying off and on for days. And I believe Mitt believed it too as did his entitled little sprogs. So so glad he's gone. I think if he ran for anything else, Ann would leave him. She's had it.

by Anonymousreply 2212/01/2012

R9. I would like nothing better than for the IRS to ivestigate Romney's tax returns and for him to end up in jail, but I don't believe that would ever happen.

I also don't think that Romney did anything illegal tax-wise. He likely followed the letter of the law if not the spirit of the law.

However, the reason Romney wouldn't release his tax returns is because they are not anything of which a presidential candidate would be proud. He likely did not pay his fair share and cut corners at ever turn. He also probably took millions of questionable tax deductions claiming bogus charitable contributions to the Mormon cult and his childrens' trust accounts.

Sitt Romeny may not be illegal, but the he's unethical.

by Anonymousreply 2312/01/2012

Ann Romney and her son Tagg both signed a petition seeking to make marriage equality illegal in Massachusetts. The petition also sought to outlaw civil partnerships.

I'm not finding it easy to muster up any sympathy for her.

by Anonymousreply 2412/01/2012

From the mouths of babes:

by Anonymousreply 2512/01/2012

I love reading these follow-up stories about how Romney thought he would win and how disappointing this has been for him.

Mitt is feeling how the 47 percent feel when liffe doesn't always work out so well.

I'd like to read about Mitt going into a deep depression and he and Ann splitting up. How's that for a dose of reality to these two evil delusional assholes?!

by Anonymousreply 2612/01/2012

So what was Ann thinking? That God wanted Mitt to be President, and even if she didn't like campaigning, dirtying herself rubbing elbows with the little people, or pretending to be middle class, she had to go along because God wanted Mitt to fulfill his prophecy? Or was it just that she wanted to take the White House away from the n---, and have "decent, clean" people living there instead?

I always thought it was the latter, but now I'm starting to think it was the former. She seemed to hate every minute of campaigning, and never got any better at it. She just got worse. What does the prophecy imply - that a Mormon President will save America from some disgusting degenerate? Has that got anything to do with all these Republicans who think Obama is going to single-handedly destroy the earth, starting any day now?

Ann & Mitt's claim that paying dues to their church/cult/country club to remain members in good standing is "charity," just shows they have no idea what charity actually is. Living in an isolationist cult tends to remove people from all possible exposure to reality, it seems.

by Anonymousreply 2712/01/2012

I want to see Mitt go completely off the deep end, declare himself the prophet of the real Mormon church and start publically marrying other wives and founding a compound. Total Roman Grant territory.

Why not? He doesn't need to worry about public opinion anymore.

by Anonymousreply 2812/01/2012

[quote]"... Romney’s wife, Ann, who friends said believed up until the end that ascending to the White House was their destiny."

The ORIGINAL Shitty Little Ann.

by Anonymousreply 2912/01/2012

I want to see him post sex tapes of himself and Rick Santorum using double-heading dildos together.

by Anonymousreply 3012/01/2012

Lol r29

by Anonymousreply 3112/01/2012

Letterman had it right when he said

We learned everything we needed to know about this guy when we learned he tied his sick dog to the top of his car for 12 hours

by Anonymousreply 3212/01/2012

Ha ha ha! Couldn't happen to a better person. "Start packing, it's our turn" indeed. Smug, stone faced, lying little fuckers.

by Anonymousreply 3312/01/2012

You reap what you sow.

by Anonymousreply 3412/01/2012

Like my grandmother says "What a bunch of bad people".

by Anonymousreply 3512/02/2012

A constant cam feed of Mitt Romney whining and crying about his loss could mean serious competition for kitty or puppy cams.

by Anonymousreply 3612/02/2012

Poor little Mittens. You bring out the worst in us. We only wish you the worst. You're so despicable.

"It's out turn." Oh Ann and Mitt, how wrong you were. Turns out though, we like firing people too.

by Anonymousreply 3712/02/2012

[quote]Romney has told friends he has little interest in helping the Republican Party rebuild

Not surprising.

by Anonymousreply 3812/02/2012

Romney has little interest in anything but making money. That may be fine, but it's rather one dimentional and certainly not a charateristic to highlight if you want to be president.

Mitt Romney is awkward, phoney, insensitive, uncaring, a fraud and ill-suited for a life in politics or the presidency. Mitt wanted the trappings of the presidency, but he couldn't relate to the public. His wife is even worse. The two of them are horrble people.

by Anonymousreply 3912/02/2012

Boo-fucking-hoo. Maybe he should start his Audi with the garage door shut. Or perhaps Ann could make sure the hose from the exhaust pipe to the back window is connected before getting in the passenger's seat.

by Anonymousreply 4012/02/2012

Some people really don't know how they are perceived by others. And in Mitt's and Ann's case I am thankful for that.

by Anonymousreply 4112/02/2012

In addition to Romney's many unappealing qualities, basically he and his wife are unlikeable. That's right, Mitt, we don't like you. And you and Ann di nothing to change our opinion of you. Good riddance to Romney trash.

by Anonymousreply 4212/02/2012

I find it ironic that his big mansion is in a solidly-Democratic state, only about 100 miles from Hollywood.

And yet he bashed Liberals all year.

by Anonymousreply 4312/02/2012

R39

Please tell me that 'dimentional" and "phoney" were typos.

by Anonymousreply 4412/02/2012

Boo fucking hoo to a lying douchebag fraud. Romney would have been bad for the country particularly for gay people. But keep these pathetic stories about Romney coming. He deserves to spiral into forgotten nothingness.

by Anonymousreply 4512/02/2012

That's a mansion? The little fixer down on the beach? Really? Oh dear. Bless he and Ann's heart.

by Anonymousreply 4612/02/2012

Question:

If he plans on living in California in the 9 months out of the year, and New Hampshire 3 months out of the year, why does he get to claim Massachusetts as his home state???? That would mean that even though he's not a politician, diplomat, or member of the military, he'd get to vote in a state in which he no longer resides!

by Anonymousreply 4712/02/2012

R47, he still owns an apartment in Boston. Not sure how that works.

He's been manipulating his place of residency for years, just like his tax returns. Rachel Maddow did a piece on it earlier this year.

by Anonymousreply 4812/02/2012

"Please tell me that 'dimentional" and "phoney" were typos."

Perhaps the poster meant to type DEMENTIONAL, a perfect way to describe Mitt and Ann Romney!

by Anonymousreply 4912/02/2012

I thought Mormons went to the sickth demention when they die, where they can rule their own planetoids.

by Anonymousreply 5012/02/2012

Ann thinks she wanted to be Queen ... wait, First Lady... but is frustrated that in this day and age the peasants get to decide who rules.

If this were England in the 1500s, the Romneys would have been one of those loser families that tried to grab the throne and ended up having their heads cut off. Tagg and Mitt heads on sticks would be fun to see.

by Anonymousreply 5112/02/2012

[quote]If this were England in the 1500s, the Romneys would have been one of those loser families that tried to grab the throne and ended up having their heads cut off.

True. Henry VIII, Elizabeth I, etc. had to put down a number of aristocratic families that made a play for the throne.

by Anonymousreply 5212/02/2012

Let's chip in and hire a brass band to play "Hail to the Chief" within hearing distance of him and instruct them to break off abruptly whenever he comes into view.

by Anonymousreply 5312/02/2012

[quote] In private, Romney has told friends he has little interest in helping the Republican Party rebuild and rebrand itself.

Just like Hurricane Katrina worked out so well for people, this has worked out so well too. It's wonderful Mitt has little interest helping the republican party. The Republicans have absolutely NO interest WHAT SO EVER to have Mitt help them rebuild and rebrand itself.

As a disclaimer: The Republican party are more than happy to accept political donations from Mitt, his family or his many corporations that send and continue to send American jobs to China though.

by Anonymousreply 5412/02/2012

No surprise he doesn't want to help the Republican party, I don't think he had much interest in helping this country to begin with. The power and prestige of being president was all he wanted. He didn't give a crap about ordinary Americans, just like he doesn't give a crap about his party now.

by Anonymousreply 5512/02/2012

It would have been awkward if Mitt were to continue to try to inflict himself on Republican politics even if only on the lecture circuit. He would only serve as a constant reminder of the many things that their PR people will be actively trying to sweep under the carpet during their "re-branding."

by Anonymousreply 5612/02/2012

Mitt has the comfort of his millionaire CEO friends. They all fear the loss of any wealthy, they fear paying their fair share. Keep in mind Mitt spent not a dime of his own money. Meg Whitman spent 100 million of her own money trying to be Governor of California. I think Linda McMahon spent something like 35 million of her own money trying to be a senator. Mitt isn't that dumb.

by Anonymousreply 5712/02/2012

[quote]In private, Romney has told friends he has little interest in helping the Republican Party rebuild and rebrand itself.

Of course not. This was all about him. Oh, and his hose-bag of a wife. He never had any convictions, not even those of the GOP.

by Anonymousreply 5812/02/2012

Well, that pretty much proves Romney is just for himself, not about the country or even his party. Fucking, self-centered sociopath who now needs to look for a new hobby Boo-freakin'-hoo!

by Anonymousreply 5912/02/2012

He never even pretended to care. Equality is obviously not even a blip on this man's radar. He wanted to become President because he is in love with the title not because he genuinely wanted to help people. Glad America wasnt dumb enough to elect yet another entitled overgrown fratboy with an MBA who just wanted to win in order to make Daddy proud.

by Anonymousreply 6012/02/2012

At least with dimwit Bush, he had some redeeming qualities. His self-depreciating sense of humor and his wide-eyed, affable, country cowboy persona made it easy for Americans to connect to him. He stood with his convictions no matter how fucked up they were. Romney's total platform shifted from far right to the center in just 90 minutes of the first debate. Romney is just completely unlikable & insincere.

by Anonymousreply 6112/02/2012

Why didn't Ann join Mitt to meet with Barack at the White House, to dine on White Turkey Chili?

LOL.

by Anonymousreply 6212/02/2012

And Ann thought keeping Mitt's mental health straight was going to be hard "when" they won the presidency.

by Anonymousreply 6312/02/2012

they need to all perish in a yachting accident.

by Anonymousreply 6412/02/2012

that's brilliant, R53!

by Anonymousreply 6512/02/2012

Boo fucking hoo.

by Anonymousreply 6612/02/2012

[quote]they need to all perish in a yachting accident.

A GREASE yachting accident.

by Anonymousreply 6712/02/2012

[quote]Everyone has to deal with disappointment--and occasionally, "everyone" that includes rich, good-looking people.

Yes, but HE has never had to face disappointment. He's bought or has been handed EVERYTHING in his life. To see that spoiled brat bitch slapped so publicly is just delicious.

And ITA with r20 and everyone else who said Rmoney thought it was his DESTINY to RULE. He can't believe his god turned his back on him.

I know I shouldn't be gloating like this but I can't help it. It's so nice to see some entitled, out-of-touch asshole get kicked right in the cunt by life. Especially after everything he's done to fuck everyone else over.

by Anonymousreply 6812/02/2012

[quote]Turns out I was destiny's child, Ann, since comparatively I got 3 million more people to 'say my name'.

4.5 million (3.6%) more and increasing as they continue to count votes and certify and the gap between the two increases.

by Anonymousreply 6912/02/2012

by Anonymousreply 7012/02/2012

Ann was worried about Mitt's mental health, yet she's the one who's too inconsolable to cook a fucking holiday meal or go a day without cry. Turns out Lady Macbitch was projecting.

by Anonymousreply 7112/02/2012

Perhaps Lord Louis Mountbatten's yacht is available...

by Anonymousreply 7212/02/2012

It was an awkward marriage from the start. Mitt was eventually viewed as "inevitable" since he's been running for President since 2007, and people like Karl Rove, and the Koch brothers finally agreed that he was their Great White Hope, moving the Republican Party away from the Tea Party crazies amd the ultra extremists.

Kove believed that Romney could recapture a lot of independents. In that respect, Karl Rove was wrong:First he placed too much imortance on what billions of $$$ could buy, second, he uncerestimated the rifts in the Party, third, he overestimated the racism and stupidity and homophobia out here in America.

The entire campaign was based on scaring people and appealing to their racism and assuring them this great businessman was going to rescue us from the Welfare Queens and the Liberals.

Romeny blew it so many ways it's hard to count them. Refusing to give out his tax returns, constant, blatant lying, and a brutal primary season which allowed his opponents to showcase his short-comings. Believing in the basic stupidity of Americans, telling us he would let us know his plans for the deficit after the election, the war on various constituencies, women, minorities, gays, the duplicitous "47%" comments. Jeeez!

The Republicans have devolved into a collection of factions tearing at each other for prominence.My prediction is that as long as they adhere to the nonsense spewwed by people like Santorum,Beck, Limbaugh, etc. as long as they view Rove as their "expert" they will never win a national election.

If they want to look at ways to rebuild, they need to go back to the dys of George Wallace and populism. With out the racism. Self -reliance, fiscal responsibility, and populism is the pathway to the future for them. But they won't stop fighting long enough to find a leader to coalesce under.

Ron Paul's a big damned phoney. He's probably one of the most extreme, dangerous ideologues out there. He hides behind simplistic nonsense hoping people won't notice. Romney can't help them, because he neither understands them or cares about them. He was condescending to work with them. Not only does he not matter to them, they don't matter to him, either.

by Anonymousreply 7312/02/2012

I always thought that she was more interested in having him run than he was interested in running. Once he got into the race he wanted to win, but I think she pushed him to get in. We can all be thankful that the republican party went along. He was the perfect icon for the party.

As far as the dog on the car, that was reprehensible. What was unbelievable, however, was that the story was released a year and a half by his people as a family values anecdote. Even then, they were totally tone deaf as far as the public.

by Anonymousreply 7412/02/2012

He says he had to persuade her. She'd had a bellyful in 08 and wasn't happy about another run. I think he used the prophecy to persuade her. And she fell for it. Of course, so did he.

You do realize that in 20 years or so we will have a Tagg or Bounce or whatever those boys are called, running for pres to vindicate Mitt and his father absolutely certain that HE is the white horse.

by Anonymousreply 7512/02/2012

[quote]In private, Romney has told friends he has little interest in helping the Republican Party rebuild and rebrand itself.

This is what I love about the Republicans. They care nothing about anything except themselves. Remember when Sarah quit her Governorship and went on a Sarah Promo tour, complete with reality shows?

They don't care about their party, they don't care about an agenda, they don't care about rebuilding and rebranding. All that motivates them is greed and it has led them to be exactly where they are today.

by Anonymousreply 7612/02/2012

In 20 years or so no privileged white boys will have a shot at any office.

by Anonymousreply 7712/02/2012

I should change that to say all that motivates them is self-interest.

by Anonymousreply 7812/02/2012

Did they give the Boston Market leftovers to their other 20 grandchildren? Hoping for many years of depression for that family.

by Anonymousreply 7912/02/2012

I'll bite, R80:

For starters, he wanted to amend the US Constitution to enshrine bigotry against gay people, forcibly divorcing all legally married same sex couples and even outlawing civil unions.

by Anonymousreply 8112/02/2012

Evil, because Shitt's record of destroying companies and playing vulture. Evil, because he promised to push an agenda of removing people's rights. Evil because he lied and lies without a blink on an eye. Evil because he has no soul. Evil because his political allegiance is extremism. Evil because his religion-based-hate is the ultimate danger for the USA.

That's just a few of Rmoney's evil trademarks.

by Anonymousreply 8212/02/2012

A fluent liar and manipulator isn't evil? You guys had no more idea of what he was or wasn't going to do than we did. HE LIED ALL THE TIME.

by Anonymousreply 8312/02/2012

The love of Rmoney is the root of all kinds of evil.

by Anonymousreply 8412/02/2012

Evil, because he stood for only one thing: his own self-advancement. Was he moderate? Was he conservative? No one knows what he would have done as president. But to placate the right wing, he was happy to throw the poor, the gay, the women (binders of them!) under the bus.

And I believe that swallowing the whole Mormon line, the anti-black, anti-gay, anti-women stuff, is evil as well.

So yes. Evil.

by Anonymousreply 8512/02/2012

"...Rosebud............."

by Anonymousreply 8612/02/2012

With 20 grand kids how long is it until the trust money runs out? 2 generations? 3?

by Anonymousreply 8712/02/2012

The scary part is that so few -- relatively speaking -- votes separated Mittens from Obama; we all owe those little old ladies who stood in line for 8 hours in Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania a giant debt of gratitude. Thank you, one and all.

The rightwingnuts did everything they could to manipulate the outcome, from voter suppression through ID requirements, to closing the polls to early voting, to just plain old intimidation at the booths... and yet, we the people persevered and won.

The right is terrified.

Rove's meltdown on Faux Noise was revealing; they had to go to their tried-and-true show the pretty woman's legs routine to buy enough time to figure out what they were going to do. But the statisticians wouldn't lie (this time), and the other networks refused to reverse themselves (unlike in 2000), and so the truth became evident.

But for the WaPo to claim that Mittens isn't a bitter, crying and whining loser? Well, beware that bridge listed for sale in their hallowed pages. What, exactly, is saying that Obama only won by giving his constituents what they voted for "gifts" if not whining? As opposed to the $trillions in tax cuts and added military spending "gifts" that Mittens promised, no less. The rightwing media knows no shame.

by Anonymousreply 8812/02/2012

[quote]Mitt was eventually viewed as "inevitable" since he's been running for President since 2007, and people like Karl Rove, and the Koch brothers finally agreed that he was their Great White Hope, moving the Republican Party away from the Tea Party crazies amd the ultra extremists.

The Koch Bros. started and financed the Birthers/Tea Party. Romney was anything but prepared for the election when he didn't even manage to file presentable to the public tax reports. His idea of preparation was to hold out his hands to accept the win on a silver platter and have a gavel nearby to auction off the US and its people to the highest bidder.

Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan were supposed to reel in the moderate conservatives and indipendent voters, but Romney refused to let Rove pick Romney's election campaign staff (too paranoid about them being more loyal to Rove than to him) and thats how the troubles started. Mitt wasn't briefed and prepared to wow the moderate conservatives and indipendent/undecided voters. Instead the Republican core base whined like a cranky baby for attention and pandering 24/7 which made it impossible to expand the voting appeal of a Romney/Ryan ticket by giving them pleasing soundbites and talking points that stuck with moderate conservatives and indipendent/undecided voters until election day. Instead the indipendent non-bought media managed to dig up old comments of Romney and Ryan and nailed them on flip flopping and lying. I am sure it all came down to Rove fixing the voting results and that didn't bring the desired result (thanks to Anonymous?).

by Anonymousreply 8912/02/2012

[quote] Meg Whitman spent 100 million of her own money trying to be Governor of California. I think Linda McMahon spent something like 35 million of her own money trying to be a senator. Mitt isn't that dumb.

R57. You are wrong. Mitt may not have spent much of his own money in 2012; however, he spent a fucking fortune of his own money to try an buy his Senate seat in 1994 (Mitt lost); and then Mitt spent another fortune of his own money in 2008 (he lost again again).

So yes, Mitt is that dumb--or he's that ambitiously delusional to think he could just keep on throwing money to make people like him. Instead, they dislike like him intensely. In fact, the other Repug presidential candidates in 2008 hated him the most.

Remember, John McCain chose fucking know-nothing, unknown Sarah Palin as vp rather than pick Mitt Romney as his running mate. Romney is simply unlikeable. It's rather daunting to finally wake up and realize people don't like you.

by Anonymousreply 9012/02/2012

Romney is a lying fraud. He talks about "gifts" Obama gave the lowly 47 percent, one of those gifts being that young people could stay on their parents' insurance until they were 26 years old.

Well, on Sunday, September 9, Mitt promised the same thing. He surprisingly announced that he liked some of "Obamacare" and he would not be trying to repeal all of Obamacare if he were lected. One of the provisions (or "gifts") he would keep is allowing young people to stay on their parents' insurance plans.

by Anonymousreply 9112/02/2012

R80, he wasn't "moderate." He was a person with no moral convictions whatsoever. When he was in Massachusetts, he described himself as gay friendly. This year, he was all for abolishing gay marriage and having a Consitutional Amendment to prevent it forever. Never in the history of this country have we established new amendments to the Constitution to take rights away from people.

He campaigned in Massachusetts saying he supported a woman's right to choose, because he had a maiden aunt who died of a botched abortion before they were legal. This year, he said repeatedly if a law to ban all abortions under all circumstances whatsoever crossed his desk, he would sign it gladly. That was in reference to Rick Santorum's beliefs that women shouldn't be given abortions even if they were going to die because "that never happens." A lie. Santorum is an ignorant religious fanatic who's not closely tied to reality. Romney knows better, but he supported the law. Paul Ryan did too, and Romney selected him as V.P., mainly to secure the religious fanatic vote, then claimed he didn't share Ryan's beliefs. Why select Ryan then? It was a cynical choice, not based on good judgment or someone who would represent "moderacy" if called to serve as President. No one selects a VP that will not continue their own policies in the event of their death.

Romeny was willing to sell himself to the most radical wing of the Party to be President. There was nothing he wouldn't stoop to. Why do you think it's a good idea for the President of the United States to have no integrity or moral standards? I can't imagine anything more frightening.

This is a person who would have access to nuclear weapons, who could start wars with Iran and Syria, as Romney said he wanted to do. Three simultaneous wars in the Middle East would have unleashed a shitstorm of terrorism on the U.S. He never even considered that. Romney knew nothing about the cost of a ground war, and was a draft dodger himself. He didn't care how many people would die, he just wanted to "show them." Easy to say when nobody in your family's entire history has ever served in the armed forces of the United States. I don't want somebody who thinks *other* people's lives are cheap as Commander in Chief.

The amount of ignorance and ammorality it takes to defend this amoral, corrupt, cynical piece of filth astounds me.

by Anonymousreply 9212/02/2012

He was evil because all his campaign promises were lies. He signaled over and over again that he believes the common people of this country are morally deficient leeches, even though he didn't need to make those points to his donors, or could have used coded language. Ordinary Americans are spoiled in that never before have they had a leader that hated them with a missionary's passion. Calvin Coolidge didn't like anybody, but it wasn't the kind of targeted hate that says we're going to fuck them over for their own good! That's what Romney was all about.

by Anonymousreply 9312/02/2012

Yeah, R89, I was going to add a paragraph about the Anonymous claim regarding how Rove tried to steal Ohio (again) but they put a firewall around the tabulation software, preventing Rove's "ORCA" from altering the results. Amazing how all that talk seemed to die off so quickly, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 9412/02/2012

I agree with everyone here that Romney was too slippery, dishonest and unrelatable to ever get elected. But did the Republicans have a choice? Who else did they have? Did you guys see the Republican debates? Mitt was the best they had. None of them stood a chance against Obama.

(Except, perhaps, for Jon Huntsman. But he believed in things like facts, so he was never in serious contention.)

by Anonymousreply 9512/02/2012

He chose Ryan for the hundred-million $ line of Koch attached, R92. Mittens really wanted Portman to try and pick up Ohio, but the Wisconsin mafia demanded one of their own. But being the greedy, capitalist Mormon, Mitt just couldn't resist.

Think of it: there was all of the build-up to his announcement, the development of the "Mitt app" that promised to reveal the selection to followers in advance of the press, and then... the Friday night, middle of the night announcement, followed by the ridiculous roll-out in Virginia, literally making both Mittens and Paul90X walk the plank down to the hastily-built podium, the lack of any printed "Romeny/Ryan" signage, the stunned look on the faces of the people who had gotten up and dragged their aged asses out to hear the great white hope speak at the crack of dawn, only to be sidelined by the surprise revelation... epic fail.

by Anonymousreply 9612/02/2012

I find it hard to believe that Obama only won Ohio by 2 pts. He was up about. 8 pts before the election. That tells me KKKarl really was trying to steal votes.

by Anonymousreply 9712/02/2012

R97. Ohio disgusts me that Obama only won by two percentage points. The Democrats should have won by much more. But no, the entire country has to wait on pins and needles for friggin Ohio to decide which way it will vote.

In the end, we didn't need Ohio, but to only win by two points shows that goddamn state has little common sense.

by Anonymousreply 9812/02/2012

Okay, you're just trolling, R99.

by Anonymousreply 10012/02/2012

He must ponder whether he might have won if he had taken some of his vast fortune and plowed it into his campaign during the summer, when Obama beat up on him without mercy. Poor Mitt: just too stingy.

by Anonymousreply 10112/02/2012

R99, are you blind, deaf, or clueless?

by Anonymousreply 10212/02/2012

I am happy that Mittens could not buy the Presidency.

by Anonymousreply 10412/02/2012

Unless, [R99], you don't think that outsourcing jobs, banning gay marriage, lying to the public, not paying taxes, grabbing the presidency to enrich one and ones friends et al isn't evil...

by Anonymousreply 10512/02/2012

I do hate Romney, and he IS evil (it's not just a matter of opinion, it's a fact). Mitt Romney was the personification of everything that is wrong in this country.

He was a pathological liar, a sociopath, a craven flip-flopper, a bully, cruel to animals, indifferent to the suffering of his "lesser", arrogant, ignorant, selfish, greedy, self-absorbed, lazy, elitist, and delusional.

His quote when confronted by a lesbian mom during his term as Governor, was a dismissive "I didn't even know you people had families."

Fuck him. And fuck any moron who supported him.

by Anonymousreply 10612/02/2012

The Salt Lake Olympics are a perfect example. Other people won the games, planned the games, and got them up and running. Then he showed up, called them all crooks, did very little (he still had his business to run in Boston, dontcha know), and had little pins made up with his likeness that were sold to the public. He depended on the government to finance everything, church volunteers to do all the work, and actually collected fewer sponsors than any Games had ever had. Then he waited until after more contributions came in after the Games to declare they made money, possibly throwing in some himself.

When Derek Parra wanted to skip the Opening Ceremonies because he had to compete the next day, Romney demanded he carry the Olympic flag in.

Romney is a User with a capital U.

by Anonymousreply 10712/02/2012

No kidding, R107! I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw that the Mormons sabotaged the Games through mismanagement, but had the perfect solution to the problem with Mittens. It was all a scam designed to set Mitt up for the 2012 campaign and give him an "accomplishment" to talk about.

by Anonymousreply 10812/02/2012

Thank you r103 for a well reasoned response.

by Anonymousreply 10912/02/2012

And don't forget that most of Romney's Olympics records were either destroyed or are still under seal!

by Anonymousreply 11012/02/2012

Romney received $438 million from the federal government for the Salt Lake City Olympics. Just a little "gift" Romney received that he fails to ever mention.

by Anonymousreply 11112/02/2012

[quote] He depended on the government to finance everything, church volunteers to do all the work, and actually collected fewer sponsors than any Games had ever had.

Why weren't the Salt Lake games able to get more sponsors? If there's something that's not lacking about the Olympics it's potential sponsors or brands willing to shell out money to associate themselves with the Olympic name. Out the wazoo. Competing brands try to worm their way in through the periphery like Nike did in London (Adidas was the "official" sponsor).

It's mind-boggling for a "businessman" to not be able to line up sponsors for the Olympic Games.

by Anonymousreply 11212/02/2012

I love how R109 fellates R103 because R103 held back a little.

Romney was a cunt who attacked his gay classmate, R109. Do you hate gay men too?

by Anonymousreply 11312/02/2012

He kept the sponsorship price too high R112.

He was never a "moderate" in Massachusetts. For the ten millionth time, because for some reason some of you are so flightly you never quite absorbed this information, when Mittens was Governor of Massachusetts, Democrats controlled 87% of the seats in the legislature.

Every year they overrode HUNDREDS of Mitt Romney vetoes, mainly line items in the budget.

This was a man who decided not to grant any more liquor licenses in Massachusetts, usually a routine administrative matter, because he didn't want Massachusetts to become a sink of immorality!

And you fuckers are calling him a "moderate"? He outsourced the call center for Food Stamps to a company who hired laborers in INDIA to answer questions for the Massachusetts poor who called for help, when obviously if they hired Massachusetts people for a call center, they wouldn't have had so many people on FOOD STAMPS!

That's your "Massachusetts Moderate."

by Anonymousreply 11412/02/2012

R114, is that the reason that Romney lost Massachusetts to Obama by 23 points?

by Anonymousreply 11512/02/2012

Romney vetoed something like 700 bills as Governor... the vast majority of which were over-ridden by the legislature.

Clearly he was no "moderate" and clearly he didn't "work with" the Democrats in that state.

Just another of the lies he's told.

by Anonymousreply 11612/02/2012

R116, Obama didn't seem to call him out on that lie during the debates. Maybe he didn't have time to get to it.

by Anonymousreply 11712/02/2012

R99 just proved he's a sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 11812/02/2012

R99, what would Romney have to do in order to be unacceptable in your books?

Apparently beating up a gay kid, being a pathological liar, hiding money in overseas accounts and insulting half the population behind closed doors isn't enough for you.

by Anonymousreply 11912/02/2012

Beloved DL gays who are intellectual, versed in history, interested in politics, or just "regular folks" like me...

Oh, and Poll Troll! I seek also your expertise:

Does anyone know of any recorded recent (well, 50 years or so?) instance of ANY presidential candidate NOT having prepared a concession speech?

I realize I could probably Google(blushes in shame...)

THanks!

by Anonymousreply 12012/02/2012

[quote]Let's chip in and hire a brass band to play "Hail to the Chief" within hearing distance of him and instruct them to break off abruptly whenever he comes into view.

This would be hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 12112/02/2012

[quote]The Democrats should have won by much more. But no, the entire country has to wait on pins and needles for friggin Ohio to decide which way it will vote.

I think the Dems DID win Ohio by more but KKKarl's efforts made the margin slimmer. It was only because so many people turned out (and Anonymous blocked the fraud) that the Dems won. I think if the turnout had been lower, it would have been easier for those thugs to steal the state.

by Anonymousreply 12212/02/2012

R122, what's good is that the election doesn't revolve around Ohio anymore. Obama could have lost Ohio and still won. And lost Florida too, and still won.

by Anonymousreply 12312/02/2012

In the article they mentioned that Mitt was going to chang ebed pans for one of his sick CEO buddies...? Really?

by Anonymousreply 12412/02/2012

[quote]I find it ironic that his big mansion is in a solidly-Democratic state, only about 100 miles from Hollywood.

Between his San Diego house and Hollywood lies solidly Republican Orange County.

by Anonymousreply 12512/02/2012

R125, as a recent election analysis pointed out, Orange County is no longer solidly Republican. Romney only won it by a few points.

by Anonymousreply 12612/02/2012

I'm a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 12712/02/2012

Three syllables for you, R128:

George.

W.

Bush.

by Anonymousreply 12912/02/2012

[quote] Few of the policy ideas he promoted are even being discussed in Washington.

By far the best line from the WAPO article.

by Anonymousreply 13012/02/2012

"It's our time."

by Anonymousreply 13112/02/2012

[quote]Few of the policy ideas he promoted are even being discussed in Washington.

Interesting. What about Paul Ryan's policy ideas? We were hammered for months about what a wonky genius he was... surely dozens of other GOP officials are going to take his brilliant notions and run with them.

Anyone?

Anyone??

by Anonymousreply 13212/02/2012

Clinton's penis!

by Anonymousreply 13412/02/2012

The Clintons were wrong R129. But there is no time in the last twenty years when the Republicans haven't been much worse. Not a single solitary second of the last twenty years could you find a single leading Republican, not even William Weld, who was not worse on the economy and on gays than the Democratic leaders of the same time.

by Anonymousreply 13512/02/2012

R133 is upset because he has to lick his wife's pussy every night, instead of living a good gay life. Your overlords have lost, dear. We know you want to turn back time, but only Cher can do that.

by Anonymousreply 13612/02/2012

Romney delved deep into the birther cesspool, sucking up to the freak Donald Dumpkins. "He says things I don't agree with but I need 51 percent of the vote and lotsa people like him so I'll just go along with it!" That was basically the quote. He and his stupid son made coy birther jokes. Along with Paul Ryan declaring that Obama "compromised Judeo-Christian ethics." Borderline racist crap.

Mitt threw up legal obstacles for same-sex parents to get birth certificates for their kids in Massachusetts. Supposedly hated red tape and litigation, but used them against people he did not approve of.

R99, don't know about you, but I am thrilled that this smug, nasty creep got nowhere near the White House. Makes me feel good about the American people too.

by Anonymousreply 13712/02/2012

agree r137. And, I can't even believe we're being held hostage by Rethuglicans who, without gerrymandering, wouldn't even have jobs.

by Anonymousreply 13812/02/2012

I'm kinda surprise Ann wasn't giving the finger as she and Mitt walked off the stage after his concession speech.

by Anonymousreply 13912/02/2012

R133, you're still obliterated.

by Anonymousreply 14012/02/2012

R75, I read that but questioned it after it came out that 4 of his 5 sons were against it, but Ann's favorite son was in favor of him running. I think that was her influence. They had to make it look like he was always into it and more into it than she was because he was the one running for office. I didn't buy it.

by Anonymousreply 14112/02/2012

Put up legal obstacles to same-sex parents getting birth certificates for their kids in Massachusetts. Hated red tape and lawyers except when he could use them to make problems for groups he disliked.

Drank deep at the birther cesspool with the Donald Dumpkins. Ugly racist garbage.

Glad he lost.

by Anonymousreply 14212/02/2012

I guess Obama really was playing chess while the Republicans played checkers.

by Anonymousreply 14312/02/2012

Crying crocodile tears for the lying asshole Romney.

by Anonymousreply 14412/03/2012

Willard might be right about the white horse thing. 2016 just could be the year of Jon Huntsman, the true white horse.

by Anonymousreply 14512/03/2012

Jon Huntsman is not a practicing Mormom. So I don't think he counts.

I like to see him Secretary of State

by Anonymousreply 14612/03/2012

Huntsman's not a practicing Mormon? That's interesting. I read that one of his daughters broke with the Republican Party.

I'd also like to see him as Sec'y of State. He has statesman-like qualities, seems not at all a self-promoter, and has a level head on top of his international experience. I wonder if Obama would do it. It sees like a political hot potato poke in the eye to the Republicans, which really isn't Obama's style.

by Anonymousreply 14712/03/2012

He is a practicing Mormon.

by Anonymousreply 14812/03/2012

*It seems like ...

Sticky M key.

by Anonymousreply 14912/03/2012

Mr. Romney, your horse Rafalca lost her equestrian dressage bid with more grace than you're showing. And it turns out that, unlike you, we were prepared for the games; wouldn't you say?

by Anonymousreply 15012/03/2012

Fun new article on Ann Romney. The Washington Post writers do not seem to like the Romney's one bit!

by Anonymousreply 15112/03/2012

Huntsman is the Republican Party's only sane, reasonable, intelligent and viable voice. Had they run him we'd have been in deep shit. Fortunately those lunatics hate him.

by Anonymousreply 15212/04/2012

Mitt Romney was the [white] swan's song for the Republican Party.

by Anonymousreply 15312/04/2012

[R151]

I had already read that but was pleasurable to read it again

by Anonymousreply 15412/04/2012

So JetBlue is a ROmney supporter? That is the last I will fly that stinky airline

by Anonymousreply 15512/04/2012

R147, why on earth should Obama give Huntsman another appointment? Obama already made this asshole Ambassador to China and then he turned around and ran against him for President. Thankfully the asshole didn't get far.

by Anonymousreply 15612/04/2012

R156 - He was running against Santorum, Gingrich, Perry, Cain, Bachmann and Romney in the Republican primary, as I recall.

How is highlighting sanity during a circus sideshow primary in the tea party era turning around and running against the President? Huntsmann really thought he was going to get that far?

His mere presence in that primary really served up the contrasting crazy.

by Anonymousreply 15712/04/2012
Need more help? Click Here.