Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Random Christmas Musings

Whwn Target first came to my area, their Christmas section featuring trees, lights, ornaments and storage boxes for Christmas decorations was fairly decent sized.

I notice that for the past few years, the area for lights, trees, decorations, etc has become smaller and smaller while the section for Christmas candy and Christmas baking (cookies, cakes, brownies, cupcakes, icings, sprinkles) has become huge. There are aisles and aisles of sweets. It's astonishing.

by Anonymousreply 912/01/2012

Those online Christmas sites like ChristmasLightsDepotEtc sell Christmas lights for an unbelievable amount of money.

I was looking to buy some net ribbon lights (the ones that are 2 feet wide -- sometimes called tree trunk wrap lights) and they were $20-$35 per box on these sites. That doesn't include shipping, which is never free, so you can add at least another $6 per box to the price.

So I went to Walmart and they were $8.

Why would anyone order from these type of sites? It's not like they have really nice lights that you can't get anywhere else.

by Anonymousreply 112/01/2012

If It's a Wonderful Life were a real story and it was happening today, Potter would make sure George Bailey perished in a car accident

by Anonymousreply 212/01/2012

OP, don't forget that Target used to have mostly clothes and hardlines, and only recently started adding large grocery sections to their stores. This, of course, reduced the space available for other stuff.

by Anonymousreply 312/01/2012

Just look at your fellow Target shoppers, OP -- it's obvious that their greatest interest in life must be food (the sweet kind).

by Anonymousreply 412/01/2012

warm enemas have been making a come-back for xmas time gatherings.

by Anonymousreply 512/01/2012

R5 Can you microwave it directly in the Fleet bottle?

by Anonymousreply 612/01/2012

Target used to have a book section. I bought a lot of books there for children's gifts.

I'm sure amazon took care of that section.

by Anonymousreply 712/01/2012

We used to have a chain called Harrow's. In summer they sold pool and hot tub supplies. In winter, they turned into a Christmas store. They had everything. Trees, garland, lights, ornaments, etc. and awesome sales. They would have 50% off and even 75% off sales BEFORE Christmas.

They reopened briefly but it was really crummy in its later reincarnation. I miss the old Harrow's.

by Anonymousreply 812/01/2012

The stock what sells best. Americans like their junk food.

by Anonymousreply 912/01/2012
Need more help? Click Here.