Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Why does NPR have the globe shoved up it's ass?

Don't we have enough domestic stories to interest the Public? All day long I have to hear stories about Korea or Syria or Towelheadistan. It's called NATIONAL Public Radio- not International Public Radio.

We get it: war, bombs, hostages, oppression, refugees, insurgents. It's always been thus "over there" and always will be.

One more story about a girl getting whipped for wearing her burqa too high, and I swear I'll I'll....

They'll get no money from me as long as they are a conduit for War, Inc.

by Anonymousreply 1512/06/2012

I love it when people who would never give money to any charity claim they would if only the charity did something differently.

On the other hand, I hope OP is joking. It's worrisome that someone like that will eventually be old enough to vote.

by Anonymousreply 112/01/2012

Eldergays are so depressing.

by Anonymousreply 212/01/2012

OP lives in a bubble. American MSM news barely acknowledges the existence of the rest of the world anyway. No ones forcing anyone to listen to NPR.

by Anonymousreply 412/01/2012

I love NPR and BBC. I prefer BBC a little, but that's because it reminds me of being in London. They are both great at what they do.

by Anonymousreply 512/01/2012

They're bringing you news you wouldn't get otherwise. You know, as in education. As in opening your eyes to a world you don't know. A world that is becoming increasing smaller and closer to your doorstep every day.

by Anonymousreply 612/01/2012

LOVE public radio and the two stations we have are always going in my car. Only thing that makes me nuts is when Garrison Keiller sings. He can't.

by Anonymousreply 712/01/2012

R% = Has never set foot in England.

by Anonymousreply 812/01/2012

R8, never passed symbols and numbers with Mavis Beacon.

by Anonymousreply 912/01/2012

NPR serves rootless cultures seeking the next carpetbagable country to overrun.

by Anonymousreply 1012/01/2012

Garrison's nose whistles

by Anonymousreply 1112/01/2012

R6 is right on target. OP probably would be satisfied with farm reports and weather forecasts for his area - Podunk and vicinity.

by Anonymousreply 1212/05/2012

OP...there is more going on in the world than just the news happening in the U.S.

You can change the channel if you'd prefer only local or national news.

by Anonymousreply 1312/05/2012

Even though OP is being unnecessarily provocative, I have to agree with the overall point. I'm so fucking over the 5,000th story on soldiers bonding with Afghan villagers or the latest craze in Johannesburg.

by Anonymousreply 1412/05/2012

For out-of-towners, r3 was referring to talent on New York's WNYC. They're not heard on the NPR network.

by Anonymousreply 1512/06/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!