Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Are you nice in real life?

Or you always as mean as you are here?

by Anonymousreply 4812/03/2012

No, I'm not really nice. That's usually one of my biggest regrets in life - that I wasn't nice.

by Anonymousreply 112/01/2012

If you read DL regularly, it's pretty clear there are numerous eldergays here who have no friends and spend all day spewing bullshit here.

by Anonymousreply 212/01/2012

Yes. But that has nothing to do with my pussy.

by Anonymousreply 312/01/2012

I'm a CUNT everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 412/01/2012

You can never have a better friend than myself yet I am relentless and unforgiving of my enemies

by Anonymousreply 512/01/2012

Yes, I'm much nicer in RL than I am on this anonymous board.

by Anonymousreply 612/01/2012

I'm the same everywhere, baby.

To thine own self be true.

by Anonymousreply 712/01/2012

I'm also sickeningly nice in person. Behind your back is another story ...

by Anonymousreply 812/01/2012

I try to be.

by Anonymousreply 912/01/2012

I'm not mean, darling. I'm direct.

Niceness is VASTLY overrated. I could name dozens of people I know who think "nice" should have gotten them ahead at work, or in their club or organization.

There's a difference between being kind and being nice. Being kind is caring about someone and knowing when to ask questions and when to give them space. "Nice" is a generic word for rolling over and being submissive, and then expecting to be rewarded for it.

by Anonymousreply 1112/01/2012

I'm a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 1212/01/2012

[R4] and [R12] I can smell you both through the computer and can confirm this to be false! You're all bark and no bite.

I appear nice but people find out that I'm not.I don't tolerate crap from any women or queeny mc queens either. Straight guys are more direct and they get it back more directly as well.

by Anonymousreply 1312/01/2012

At work, not so nice...because of the stress factor. Off work, the nicest guy you will ever meet.

by Anonymousreply 1412/01/2012

[quote]I'm a cunt.

I don't believe you. You have to be nice, sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 1512/01/2012

Anyone who says darling hisses.

by Anonymousreply 1612/01/2012

Nope. Never.

by Anonymousreply 1712/01/2012

What R12 said.

by Anonymousreply 1812/01/2012

I've always been inclined to be nice but in the shithole I live (Venezuela) being nice is seen as a weakness and people will try to take advantage of you or rip you off, so I'm working hard on becoming a real cunt and DL has been very helpful with that

by Anonymousreply 1912/01/2012

I'm direct which, in a female, is considered un-nice.

by Anonymousreply 2012/01/2012

I'm nice until the second someone annoys me or something doesn't go my way. Then I pretty much explode. I always wanted someone to set me up on that MTV show Boiling Points. I'd lose BIG TIME.

by Anonymousreply 2112/01/2012

You bitches must not have many friends.

by Anonymousreply 2212/01/2012

By and large, I think my co-workers would rate me a considerate, thoughtful colleague. These are people I admire and respect, who work hard and are really good at their jobs. I teach, and sadly, I genuinely loathe many of my students. They are a thankless, entitled bunch, whose parents have have instilled in them that they can they deserve everything. This is at a relatively pricey liberal arts University, so they come to education with a sense of privilege. Those that are willing to work hard have my respect and admiration, and they know it. As for the rest of them...I'm counting the days til I can tell them to kiss my overeducated ass.

by Anonymousreply 2312/01/2012

I'm a kind and loyal person and keep my word.

by Anonymousreply 2412/01/2012

No, I'm always mean.

by Anonymousreply 2512/01/2012

[quote]I'm nice until the second someone annoys me or something doesn't go my way.

I have terrible gaydar, but at work, this is how I always spot gay men. You are not alone, R21.

by Anonymousreply 2612/01/2012

by Anonymousreply 2712/01/2012

No. Fuck you, bitch!

by Anonymousreply 2812/01/2012

I guess I'll have to ask my friends - if either ones says "yes", I'll go with than...

by Anonymousreply 2912/01/2012

Just last night my very nice, attractive, attentive hispanic waiter called me sweet.

Yeah, I go for women, but it still made feel good, especially since he was a good bit younger than me.

Why, it's the afternoon and I'm still feeling good about it!!

Next time I get another craving for Mexican food, I'm going right back there.

by Anonymousreply 3012/01/2012

[quote]I'm a kind and loyal person and keep my word.

Wanna do lunch?

by Anonymousreply 3112/01/2012

Everybody thinks I'm nice...until they don't. Happens on DL too.

by Anonymousreply 3212/01/2012

I mean I listen well, and I'm not all about me, but then I say that one unforgiveable thing after they've known and liked me for years, and, poof! I'm dead to them.

by Anonymousreply 3312/01/2012

r4 = Jordon

by Anonymousreply 3412/01/2012

To a point.

by Anonymousreply 3512/01/2012

I try to be kind if someone needs kindness, listen if someone needs to be heard, appreciative of people who deserve to be appreciated, supportive to those who have supported me or who feel alone. However, I don't suffer fools well and if someone is vindictive and malicious in real life, I give them what they need.

On DL, it's a different story as it's generally just a game and entertainment, although there are exceptions.

by Anonymousreply 3612/01/2012

[quote]Don't talk to me, no, about people who are NICE. Cos I have spent my whole life, in ruins, because of people who are NICE.

That's Morrissey. I'm not nice, I'm kind (to those that deserve it), generous, friendly, but honest. And not everyone likes that kind of directness. I don't really do 'faces', I'm just me, always. Some people don't like that. So be it.

Nice is death. Nice is suffocation, pretence, vacuity. I'm not nice.

I'm good.

I think, in life, you can get the measure of someone reasonably quickly by weighing their words against their deeds. Always judge by actions and not rhetoric and you won't go far wrong.

Of course, in love, it's more complicated.

by Anonymousreply 3712/01/2012

AYB has a broken heart.

by Anonymousreply 3812/03/2012

I'm very nice in real life. I'm not always a bastard on DL but there are times when I can't resist.

by Anonymousreply 3912/03/2012

AYB, are you flattered by the AYB stalker or find it as creepy as we do?

by Anonymousreply 4012/03/2012

I.. I don't know, really.

by Anonymousreply 4112/03/2012

Real life? What is that, OP? Something you live through every day so you can feel like your daddy should treat you better?

Get a clue, baby.

by Anonymousreply 4212/03/2012

I am sometimes nice in real life. I am sometimes nice on the DL. I am also cunty at times in both arenas.

I assume it's pretty much the same with most posters.

by Anonymousreply 4312/03/2012

Hello, OP. I'm the same in real life--a real cunt. My name is Julie!

by Anonymousreply 4412/03/2012

Very few people are truly nice. It's a great inner quality and acting nice and being nice are two different things.

I am not nice. I am we'll mannered and for the most part considerate.

Anyone who says they are nice "to a point" are not nice or kind. They are respectful. Nice people continue to be nice no matter what the other person does.

It is possible to be nice and enforce your boundaries but that is RARE.

by Anonymousreply 4512/03/2012

It depends on what entertains me more in any situation. And, yes, it is all about me keeping myself entertained.

(Heavy)Flow King once said that true misanthropes are the kindest, quietest people on this earth - something about it limiting contact.

I fear I don't have the attention span for that kind of behavior.

by Anonymousreply 4612/03/2012

I saw AYB on this thread, Bitch @ R47. Better run!

by Anonymousreply 4712/03/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!