Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Lincoln!

I just saw it! My head hurts! No homosexuals in it!

by Anonymousreply 4401/04/2013

There were lots of homosexuals in it--just no homosexual sex.

by Anonymousreply 111/30/2012

H Lee Pace

by Anonymousreply 212/01/2012

Lee had his own craft services table set up where he would give cast and crew stress relieving blowjobs to any cast and crew who wanted. And we ALL wanted.

by Anonymousreply 312/01/2012

Lee Pace was the prettiest of all the men.

The movie had every white male actor currently working in it. Including the odd-ball boyfriend from "Girls".

It seemed like every hit TV show was represented....justified, deadwood, alphas, breaking bad.

by Anonymousreply 412/01/2012

Did I miss something? Who was in it from Breaking Bad?

by Anonymousreply 512/01/2012

[quote] No homosexuals in it!

Excuse me, ABRAHAM LINCOLN was a homosexual. Didn't you read my book?

That homosexual who wrote the screenplay, Tony Kushner, certainly did.

And we all know about Mr. Spielberg's proclivities - just ask that stalker who's in jail now...

by Anonymousreply 612/01/2012

There seemed to be something going on between Lincoln and two different men in his lifetime. I thought it would at least be alluded too. Did I spell that wrong?

by Anonymousreply 712/01/2012

I love Lee Pace and I wish he was in more films.

by Anonymousreply 812/01/2012

[quote]I thought it would at least be alluded too. Did I spell that wrong?

You did fine with "alluded," but "to" proved beyond your capabilities.

by Anonymousreply 912/01/2012

Lincoln slept with men (documented evidence with three men and one of them as President in a 34 room mansion -- no need to share a bed here)

1) Billy Green, slept with him on a narrow cot,

2) Joshua Speed, slept with him for four years,

3) David Derrickson, an Army Officer, slept with him at the Presidential Retreat in 1862--together went to church services, theater and became a bro-mance, daughter of a Supreme Court Justice gossips about this

by Anonymousreply 1012/01/2012

Lincoln got married at 34.

Very unusual for his day.

by Anonymousreply 1112/01/2012

There are lots of eldergays drive Lincoln. What do you mean you saw a Lincoln with no homosexual in it?

Is it possible your headache was from seeing a Hyundai?

by Anonymousreply 1212/01/2012

R5

Gale Boetticher (played by David Costabile) was the chemist hired by Gus Fring that Jessie killed.

Constabile played a senator.

by Anonymousreply 1312/01/2012

Oh, funny. R13. I remembered him from THE WIRE. I forgot that he was in BREAKING BAD, too. Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 1412/01/2012

R8 I agree with you but he's gay anyway.

by Anonymousreply 1512/01/2012

Lincoln slept with men BUT wasn't gay. It was common for friends to sleep together back i those days.I also say this in hopes of throwing the Log Cabin queens under the bus!Sick and tired of hearing about Lincoln and his bedmates.

by Anonymousreply 1612/01/2012

It was also common "NOT GAY" practice for young males to engage in frontage with each other. Thus the " Abe has beautiful thighs" quote from Joshua Speed. Again of course Abe wasn't "GAY" he just liked Josh to pump his dick between his "beautiful thighs" until he shot a load. Again just so " NOT GAY." Rinse. Repeat.

by Anonymousreply 1712/01/2012

Men who slept in a single bed with another man were having sex, stupid R16. Human nature hasn't changed since that day. Lincoln shared his little bed with Speed for FOUR YEARS. He was offered a bed he wouldn't have to share in another house and refused it.

Lincoln also made room in his government for that open over the top queen Walt Whitman.

by Anonymousreply 1812/02/2012

def. gay.

Like Hamilton. and Washington was bi.

by Anonymousreply 1912/02/2012

I remembered him from THE WIRE. I forgot that he was in BREAKING BAD, too. Thanks!

I recall Constabile as the bearded killer in the first two seasons of DAMAGES.

by Anonymousreply 2012/02/2012

I found it interesting to see David Strathairn and John Hawkes together. Hawkes reminds me of a young Strathairn (though not as good-looking). Both of then have this idiosyncratic thing going.

by Anonymousreply 2112/02/2012

R18, frontage? Maybe frottage would be sexier.

by Anonymousreply 2212/02/2012

I meant r17.

by Anonymousreply 2312/02/2012

Former pretty boy James Spader and current pretty boy Lee Pace made the movie for me. The whole scene at the House of Rep. was a bit of homoerotica if ask me.

by Anonymousreply 2412/04/2012

More recently, I've wondered if James Spader is gay? What? Is he married?

by Anonymousreply 2512/04/2012

I think Spader will be nominated and Pace was excellent and extremely good looking. I hope he works more.

by Anonymousreply 2612/08/2012

I love John Hawkes in just about anything but The Sessions, I don't know if I could watch it.

by Anonymousreply 2712/08/2012

What about the young man Lincoln sits with - on his bed - in the middle of the night?

"Do you need company, Mr. President?"

At 3 a.m.?

by Anonymousreply 2812/08/2012

"Lincoln slept with men (documented evidence with three men and one of them as President in a 34 room mansion -- no need to share a bed here)"

Yes, he shared a bed with a man. But there's no proof or indication that he sucked the cocks or plowed the asses of any of them. And that's not my opinion, that's the view of Lincoln scholars who have have actually been asked the question "was Lincoln gay?" Attempts to portray Lincoln as a queen have no basis in fact; it's just wishful thinking.

by Anonymousreply 2912/08/2012

I did not have sex with that man!

by Anonymousreply 3012/08/2012

It would make me feel good...him being gay.

You must realize that poor people did sleep wherever there was room for them, two men sleeping together was not strange for poor people. But two men in a bed in a 34 room mansion? Sorry that makes no sense at all. They wanted to sleep together and they probably wanted to sleep together because they were in love.

by Anonymousreply 3112/08/2012

*cough* *cough*

by Anonymousreply 3212/08/2012

But in all seriousness, I think the scene to which R28 refers may--MAY--have been intended to suggest a more intimate relationship between Lincoln and a male colleague. Maybe a wink, wink to the right kind of viewer without making the whole film about it.

After all, look at how half of DL exploded in fake outrage over the new Bond villain's sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 3312/08/2012

[quote]What about the young man Lincoln sits with - on his bed - in the middle of the night?

"Do you need company, Mr. President?"

At 3 a.m.?

Well, I thought that this was the implication of this scene, too. Given that Tony Kushner wrote the damn screenplay, I was really disappointed that this seemed to be the only gay reference in the entire movie.

by Anonymousreply 3412/08/2012

Kushner did what he had to do to get an invite to Barry Diller's pool party.

by Anonymousreply 3512/08/2012

I thought Buchanan was gay? Wasn't he the President who was single and had a niece act as his hostess? Buchanan preceeded Lincoln.

It was not at all unusual for women to share beds with women, and men with men in those days. It was even possible they did this with no thought given to sex. Possible.

It's possible it could snow in Florida in the middle of July, too.

by Anonymousreply 3612/08/2012

"Men who slept in a single bed with another man were having sex, stupid"

Were you there? Were you there on every occasion where a man shared a bed with another man? Of course not. So shut the fuck up, stupid.

by Anonymousreply 3712/08/2012

"But two men in a bed in a 34 room mansion? Sorry that makes no sense at all. They wanted to sleep together and they probably wanted to sleep together because they were in love."

I doubt that Lincoln was ever "in love" with another man. Maybe he just wanted a night away from his mad, shrewish wife: "I think I'll bunk with so-and-so tonight, Mary. We have a lot to talk about and it might take all night." He probably used that as an excuse to get away from her and get some peace. If he'd just said "I want to sleep in one of the other bedrooms" she might not have bought that. He need a better excuse that that to appease crazy Mary.

by Anonymousreply 3812/08/2012

Theres no proof he had sex in bed, but theres no proof that he didnt.

by Anonymousreply 3912/09/2012

No proof that he did, no proof that he didn't.

by Anonymousreply 4012/09/2012

Q&A session

by Anonymousreply 4112/29/2012

I don't think most of you have read some of Lincoles letters.

by Anonymousreply 4201/04/2013

Because there were no gays back then. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 4301/04/2013

The President before Lincoln was gay. Buchanan. His niece acted as his hostess. He was "a confirmed batchelor."

by Anonymousreply 4401/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.