Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Skin Tags

I have some skin tags under my arms in my armpits. Yuck.

How do I get rid of them? I read something about tea tree oil. I also read that you should cut them off with finger nail clippers.

Does anyone have any sugestions or do I just need to go to the Dermatologist?

Many thanks.

by Anonymousreply 4002/07/2013

If they are real small (pin head or so), you can try shaving them off flat to the skin. Larger than that, I recommend going to a professional to have them frozen off. My primary care has frozen them off me.

by Anonymousreply 111/30/2012

Cut them off. I'm serious, they come off really easily, and it doesn't hurt. I went to the dr. for one, and that's what she did, she said you can do this at home you know. Didn't hurt. Next time I got one, I took care of it myself. No problem.

by Anonymousreply 211/30/2012

Use clear nail polish on the tags. Apply several times a day at least. Allow to dry before dressing. May take a week or so but they will fall off. When they reach the point where they are ready to fall off you can then pinch them. The skin will take a few days to heel and even out but they will be gone.

by Anonymousreply 311/30/2012

R2 and R3's solutions may lead to serious bleeding (they are extremely vascular growths) or more likely serious infection and also scarring - go to a dermatologist and have them removed - it's a near painless and very quick procedure. Sometimes they need to be biopsied, and if you have one that meets the criteria, you'll miss it if you take it off. good luck.

by Anonymousreply 411/30/2012

Twist them off. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 511/30/2012

[R4] Has supplied pure BULLSHIT to this thread. Goggle skin tag removal and you will get all of the information you need to know without MISINFORMATION

by Anonymousreply 611/30/2012

You can do it with a TCA solution too.

by Anonymousreply 711/30/2012

yes R6 because we all know that all of the information on the internet is true and real - and of course replaces actual medical training and certifications including medical school (I'm rolling my eyes). When I was in nursing school a friend and I removed her skin tag from under an arm - it bled for days, got infected and she had to see a surgeon to fix it - we were both scolded by said surgeon, hence the information I am passing along. It might not be information you want to hear, but it certainly isn't mis-information.

by Anonymousreply 812/01/2012

I just cut mine off with toenail clippers. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 912/01/2012

Put apple cider vinegar, organic, on a cotton ball then tape over the tag with a band-aid. Alternate with hydrogen peroxide, from the drug store. After a while they dry up and fall off. Just keep at it. Your PH in your body is low, which causes skin tags. Get off the meats and get your greens, in smoothies.

by Anonymousreply 1012/01/2012

Sometimes they fall off on their own. A couple of months ago, I noticed one, it got itchy and reddish, almost bloodshot. A few days later, it fell off without leaving any scarring. There are kits you can get from any drugstore that can be used to freeze off smaller ones but if you're dealing with one that is larger, a dermatologist can do it for you.

by Anonymousreply 1112/01/2012

R5, that's exactly what I did over a few days. Twist away!!!

by Anonymousreply 1212/01/2012

What about sebhorrheic keratosis? Can TCA solution get rid of them? What strength?

Don't worry, I know the difference between sebhorrheic and actinic keratosis. This is sebhorrheic

by Anonymousreply 1312/01/2012

Skin Tags? OP, I see you saw that commercial as well.

by Anonymousreply 1412/01/2012

What about using Compound W?

by Anonymousreply 1512/01/2012

I just cut them off with a knife and eat them.

by Anonymousreply 1612/01/2012

I do the same as R9 with a toenail clippers. However, I have one on my eyelid I need a dermatologist to cut off for me.

by Anonymousreply 1712/01/2012

I dab them with a strong copper peptide cream, Skin Biology's Super Cop 2X, and they dry up and fall off within a few days.

by Anonymousreply 1812/01/2012

I would never, ever think to do this on my own. BUT I don't know that a dermatologist would be needed unless there are a lot and/or they're large or look cancerous - and quite frankly if they're large it's because you are too fucking fat.

Show your primary care physician on your next office visit, and he/she can take them off or let you know if they need to be seen.

As R17 mentioned - there are some, like the eyelid ones, that should definitely be handled with extra care.

by Anonymousreply 1912/01/2012

OP, I have exactly what you have in the same place.

This is what I use and have used. It works. It takes a couple of applications.

by Anonymousreply 2012/01/2012

[R8] Now that you ask. I worked for a Dermatologist. I was the one that did the minor surgeries.Among the things I did was remove warts and skin tags.

by Anonymousreply 2112/01/2012

I drink 'em off!

by Anonymousreply 2212/01/2012

Burn 'em off with a Bic.

by Anonymousreply 2312/01/2012

Use the compound w Freeze off stuff for warts. Do it about three times to freeze those bitches. They will fall off in a week.

by Anonymousreply 2412/01/2012

how the hell do you get these? i saw an ad for getting rid of this recently...

by Anonymousreply 2512/01/2012

Genetic disposition, R25.

Particularly common among overweight and obese people. Science isn't exactly sure WHY fat people get them more, but they do...

by Anonymousreply 2612/01/2012

Where did you get trained to do minor dermatological surgery, R21?

I would like to do something similar without having to go to med school.

by Anonymousreply 2712/01/2012

[R27] You could become a physicians assistant. I was a Naval Hospital Corpsman that got to do many kinds of medical things.

by Anonymousreply 2812/01/2012

I had one on my shoulder not too long ago. I went to my doctor who froze it with a spray (liquid nitrogen?) then snipped it off. It was totally painless and took all of 1 minute.

And no, I am not fat.

by Anonymousreply 2912/01/2012

Is a naval hospital corpsman the same as a physician's assistant?

by Anonymousreply 3012/01/2012

[quote] Particularly common among overweight and obese people. Science isn't exactly sure WHY fat people get them more, but they do...

Uh, science is pretty sure that skin tags -- or at least the main variety of them -- happen when two areas of skin continuously rub or have friction with one another.

Ergo, fatties get them more.

But it can also be, as mentioned upthread, on your eyelids (an area where everybody's skin, fat or thin, touches together).

by Anonymousreply 3112/02/2012

Old method, very easy. Wind a thread around the tag where the tag meets the skin. A few days later it will fall off. No pain.

by Anonymousreply 3212/02/2012

I'm thin and I have a couple on my neck, so no R31

by Anonymousreply 3312/02/2012

What R32 said. You can also use your own hair if it's long enough to tie it up. It will turn black and fall off with no blood or pain.

by Anonymousreply 3412/02/2012

Skin Tags indicate insulin resistance.

by Anonymousreply 3512/02/2012

Some of you need to have Google* installed on your computers. It's only $99.00 for a whole years' access. Send the check to me, in care of Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 3612/02/2012

I think I will recommend the Editor replaces redtags with skintags!

by Anonymousreply 3712/02/2012

People who say Physician's Assistant also say Down's Syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 3812/02/2012

A dermatologist on radio said there's a connection between skin tags and prostate problems.

by Anonymousreply 3912/02/2012

OP, I learned about this product from Late Night TV.

by Anonymousreply 4002/07/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!