Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Paparazzi and children of celebrities

I can't for the life of me understand how paparazzi are allowed to take pics of the children of celebrities? Shouldn't there be some type of law or restraining order to allow this? I see they now have websites devoted to the children of celebrities. What prompted my post is a pic I just saw on the internet that obviously shows a paparazzi intruding on a private moment with a celebrity and their kid. It just doesn't seem right to me. I've seen many others of many celebrities and I can't believe there is no recourse they can take.

by Anonymousreply 1611/30/2012

Some of us happen to like the press, op.

by Anonymousreply 111/29/2012

I read an interview with Sarah Jessica Parker once who said there was a paparazzo outside her apartment every morning to photograph her walking her child to school. The only thing she could do was wear the same outfit every day so he never had anything that looked new to sell. Some kids look terrified in those pictures.

by Anonymousreply 211/29/2012

Hi Jennifer A.! Just wondering how much advance notice you give the paps when you call. Is 30 minutes enough time in your experience?

by Anonymousreply 311/30/2012

Oh come now, R3, Angie knows exactly, to the second, how long it takes for the paps to get to her and her litter of adoptees.

OP, celebs would have a more reasonable case to make if they didn't pimp their spawn to the magazines and shamelessly use the kids for publicity.

by Anonymousreply 411/30/2012

c'mon, they are on the covers of magazines (that they posed for and sold to) when their babies are just born, but they want privacy when they bring their kids to school? can't have your cake and eat it too honey!

by Anonymousreply 511/30/2012

Most of the time the parents are the ones calling the paps to show up. Hollywood is a sick place.

by Anonymousreply 711/30/2012

Perhaps some celebrities do but I don't think that's always the case. I remember Julia Roberts actually stopping her car to reprimand a pap who was following her and her kid in a car. I just think that it's wrong..

by Anonymousreply 811/30/2012

[quote] The only thing she could do was wear the same outfit every day so he never had anything that looked new to sell.

Apparently that is basically the same strategy that Russell Crowe uses - except in his case, he wears scruffy track suits and things like that.

And why are photos taken? Apparently sometimes the parent is involved in letting the paparazzi know where they are for publicity/ego reasons.

by Anonymousreply 911/30/2012

It's actually illegal in Europe to publish photos of celebs' kids without the parents' explicit consent -- so you'll see pix of Heidi Klum and Seal, for example, with their kids, but the kids' faces will be pixilated out.

It falls under the privacy/ data secrecy laws. That's why that editor in France is going to jail for the topless Kate pix.

by Anonymousreply 1011/30/2012

I remember Reese Witherspoon saying in an interview that she and her kids used to ride around in an Pinto to avoids the paparazzi.

by Anonymousreply 1111/30/2012

I live across from Sarah JP's kids' school. Photographers follow her every morning. They have for years. I think it would be annoying. Her son used to walk down the street with his head down.

She's not that interesting.

by Anonymousreply 1211/30/2012

"Her son used to walk down the street with his head down."

Copying her mother, trying to eat the hay.

by Anonymousreply 1311/30/2012

Thats because she's a bitch, R8, not because she cares.

by Anonymousreply 1411/30/2012

I don't worry too much, its so obvious they're Dawson's Creek fans.

by Anonymousreply 1511/30/2012

[quote]Shouldn't there be some type of law or restraining order to allow this? I see they now have websites devoted to the children of celebrities

Yes it is such an imposition!

But we just can't avoid it.

by Anonymousreply 1611/30/2012
Need more help? Click Here.