Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Fox News analyst panics over same sex marriage licenses: ‘What will happen to heterosexual marriage?

Fox News legal analyst Peter Johnson Jr. is terrified that society as we know will change “forever” if Washington state moves forward with creating gender-neutral marriage certificates.

At a hearing on Wednesday, officials with the Washington State Department of Health said that soon after the law legalizing same sex marriages goes into effect on Dec. 6, marriage certificates would begin using the terms “Spouse A” and “Spouse B” instead of bride and groom.

“This is a sea change,” Johnson told Fox News host Steve Doocy on Thursday. “This is a big anthropological change. This will change society in Washington and other states forever.”

“The issue becomes, in terms of gender neutrality, in terms of saying ‘I’m a spouse, I’m not a husband or wife, I’m not a bride or groom, I’m someone about to be married’ — where does it go?” the legal analyst asked. “Do we no longer say father and mother? Do we only say parent? Do we no longer say brother and sister? Do we say sibling? Do we no longer say widow or widower? What does it mean in terms of our relationships and how we view each other, people who choose to be engaged in heterosexual marriage?”

“So you think what is happening in Washington state with this proposal is going to wind up rippling across the fabric if America?” Doocy wondered.

“It will!” Johnson warned. “And it’s not about gay marriage, it’s about what will happen to heterosexual marriage and how those partners are defined and how those relationships go forward in our society.”

“It’s going to have a tremendous, tremendous impact,” he added. “Watch this, see what happens. This is going to be a big, big, sea change in our society and how the smallest of our children understand relationships between parents, between husband and wife, between mother and

by Anonymousreply 3111/30/2012

Peter-Eater needs to get over herself and start sucking some more cock, she'll feel better

by Anonymousreply 111/29/2012

Wow, that guy is a total cunt. He pulsates with the cuntish glow of 50,000 used tampons.

by Anonymousreply 211/29/2012

One wonders how he ever adjusted to the fact that "Dr." might not refer to a man.

by Anonymousreply 311/29/2012

If pay were about to become gender-neutral, would that be a BAD thing...?? If fathers would be as involved with their children as mothers, would THAT be a bad thing?

Seems to me this is called "progress."

by Anonymousreply 411/29/2012

Is Spouse A traditionally the top?

by Anonymousreply 511/29/2012

Let me guess: Liberty University or Regent University Law School.

by Anonymousreply 611/29/2012

[quote]“It’s going to have a tremendous, tremendous impact,” he added. “Watch this, see what happens. This is going to be a big, big, sea change in our society and how the smallest of our children understand relationships between parents, between husband and wife, between mother and father.”

Two things. First, someone should break it to this genius that "Spouse 1 and Spouse 2" are terms that are already being used in states that permit same-sex marriage. Quite shockingly, the world has not ended.

Second, it is a form with some words printed on it. That's all. Civilization will not fall because marriage licenses in Washington use Spouse A and Spouse B or any other gender-neutral term. No one looks at the damn paper after the wedding is over. Who the hell cares??

by Anonymousreply 711/29/2012

Oh my, another fox meltdown.

No matter, in a few weeks we can move on to the annual Happy Christmas outrage. I wonder if they'll wheel out their resident hot priest again this year.

by Anonymousreply 811/29/2012

Good one, R3!

by Anonymousreply 911/29/2012

Has anyone on Fox noticed that marriage equality has been the law for years on Massachusetts, Iowa, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Connecticut? Do they feel those "ripples" yet? These people are absolutely bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 1011/29/2012

Why are conservatives so fucking stupid?

by Anonymousreply 1111/29/2012

Exactly, r10. I live in Iowa, have been married to my partner for 3 years now. I see people flipping out about the gay marriage victories this fall and I keep thinking, "no, REALLY, everything's OK!"

by Anonymousreply 1211/29/2012

They're not totally in left field on this. What will happen is that gender roles will lose their codification. Same sex relationships threaten the Neanderthal charades that govern conservative social norms. But guess what, Mr. Johnson Jr.? Those games have been eroding for decade after decade, long before the gays ever dreamed of wedded bliss.

by Anonymousreply 1311/29/2012

When will Fox flip out or panic about something relevant like unwed teen moms having multiple babies, "parents" too immature or addicted to successfully nurture their kids, spousal and child abuse?

by Anonymousreply 1411/29/2012

[quote] Seems to me this is called "progress."

And that is what conservatives hate and fear more than anything, so no surprise that a Fox analyst is against it.

Oh, and WW for R3.

by Anonymousreply 1511/29/2012

Since abortions in same sex marriage range from incredibly infrequent to absolutely a scientific impossibility, you'd think they'd be cheering us on!

by Anonymousreply 1611/30/2012

Catholics hate abortion and homosexuals. Who has less abortions than homosexuals? Leave these fucking people alone!

by Anonymousreply 1711/30/2012

Just don't watch Fox News. I used to watch it, figuring 'keep an eye on your enemy' but all it did was make me mad, day after day. Ignore it.

by Anonymousreply 1811/30/2012

The best way to watch Faux "News" is in clips on "The Daily Show" or "The Rachel Maddow Show" or on whatever other show happens to be mocking them.

Watching the actual Faux shows themselves is not recommended.

by Anonymousreply 1911/30/2012

same-sex hump

by Anonymousreply 2011/30/2012

First of all, the right-wing whackos cannot have it both ways:

Either there are so many of us wanting same-sex marriage that we will ruin society...

We are wrong by saying that gays make up 10 percent of the population and we have to go along with the right-wing estimate that we only make up two to three percent of the population.

So which is it, FOX?

by Anonymousreply 2111/30/2012

by Anonymousreply 2211/30/2012

"Peter Johnson Jr"

Well, both names are synonyms for dick - and the "jr" just proves how much hs father hated him...

by Anonymousreply 2311/30/2012

What will happen to heterosexual marriage? The same thing that has been happening for years. Two people get married and have children. Then, they grow tired of each other and get divorced, putting a permanent scar on the kids, who repeat their parents' actions when they get older.It's all about preserving the "sanctity" of marriage. We have to preserve this tradition of infidelity and misery.

by Anonymousreply 2411/30/2012

by Anonymousreply 2511/30/2012

Faux news isn't really news, it's sensationalism with hyperbole, with a slant.

by Anonymousreply 2611/30/2012

Give R24 the gold star. What's the 'bride' and 'groom' on a marriage certificate ever done to preserve the sanctity of marriage? These people are complete fools and morons.

by Anonymousreply 2711/30/2012

[quote] No matter, in a few weeks we can move on to the annual Happy Christmas outrage.

They've already started. I saw they were having a program yesterday about the war on Christmas.

But wait, just like all Republicans, they're fucking hypocrites.

by Anonymousreply 2811/30/2012

Let's just hope evolutionary laws are right and those who cannot or will not adapt will die off. Is the state of heterosexual marriage so wonderful that it can afford to jeer at those who aspire to a solid, mature relationship? Not with an over 50% divorce rate among heterosexuals it can't. I say Fox News get over it. Your time is limited.

by Anonymousreply 2911/30/2012

I think all republicans are closeted homosexuals. Seriously. They're so worried homosexual marriage will take over that one must wonder what they truly believe is the norm. They must desperately crave cock deep down.

by Anonymousreply 3011/30/2012

I told my dad that I think he's a closeted homosexual because as a Republican, he's worried about homosexual marriage. He said that he's not gay but he's afraid for the children who will have to read same-sex fairy tales and how that might warp their maturing minds against what nature intended, and that is, heterosexuality.

by Anonymousreply 3111/30/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!