Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I heard Susan Rice speak today for the first time.

Ugh. I can see why the Republicans don't like her. Makes Hillary sound like Maya Angelou by comparison.

by Anonymousreply 1811/30/2012

The challenge to Rice's appointment may not be racist, but r1 is a racist.

Food stamps? It's Dr. Susan Rice. What have you accomplished in life r1? I seriously doubt you are anywhere near as successful academically or professional as Dr. Rice.

I fucking hate racists. There are some reasons to question Dr. Rice's appointment, but calling her a welfare queen ain't one of them.

by Anonymousreply 211/30/2012

She may have a PhD, but she is not employed in an academic setting. It is NOT necessary to refer to her as Dr Rice. Doing so is so pretentious. Do you know how many Federal scientists (NASA, etc.) have PhD's and do NOT go by Dr Smith or Dr Jones, etc.? LOTS

by Anonymousreply 311/30/2012

r3 is posting from his midnight shift at the local Save-N-Go.

by Anonymousreply 411/30/2012

So was Madeleine Albright, R5, but she was a decent Secretary of State. I'm not saying Rice is the best person for this role, but looks shouldn't matter.

by Anonymousreply 611/30/2012

Freeper flypaper thread!

by Anonymousreply 811/30/2012

She's rather attractive, why all the bashing? Oh, the hair...

by Anonymousreply 911/30/2012

I think she's way too young and not well enough known to serve in this position.

by Anonymousreply 1011/30/2012

Rice is plain, not ugly -- same with Albright. Big difference between their looks is that Albright smiles, while Rice always seems to glower. As a result, Albright appears as a much nicer person than Rice, which she may well be.

But of course looks don't matter. Hillary Clinton has done a fine job.

by Anonymousreply 1111/30/2012

Maybew if she wore humongous brooches like Madeleine, she'd be more likable.

by Anonymousreply 1311/30/2012

or maybe if she had some festive eye-wear, she might tie the whole ensemble together!

by Anonymousreply 1411/30/2012

Wait for Susan to suddenly discover Jewish roots like Maddy and Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 1511/30/2012

I remember when Hillary arrived to replace Condi and the State Department reacted the same way as the French when the Allies liberated Paris from the Nazis.

I wonder what they all think of Susan Rice.

by Anonymousreply 1811/30/2012
Need more help? Click Here.