Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

My insurance adjuster brother whining about having to go to NY

New Yorks governor is a crybaby. He thinks the insurance industry is not moving fast enough for his voters tastes. He has given all of us 6 days to deal with all of the outstanding claims. This means we have 6 days with just a few hundred adjusters to deal with 17,000 claims just for State Farm in 6 only 6 days.

Tonight at 7 PM I was told to be in NY by 7 AM tomorrow or be fired. So, tonight I drive to NY about 7-8 hrs after working an 11 hour day thanks to Governor Cuomo (or should I call him asshole)Cuomo. It's 27 degrees outside.

The closest hotel is 60 miles away from where I have to report. So needeless to say, no sleep, no time to shave or wash clothes.

I am not complaining about doing my job. I am very pissed off about the way this all went down.

I brought no warm clothes, no ladder no equipment. I have been told to buy it all at my expense or else. Hundreds of dollars worth of stuff at a perfect time when we are about 2 weeks from moving into our new home.

by Anonymousreply 1711/30/2012

My (OP'S)response to my brother: Louie, the governor's job is to protect his constituents' interests. State Farm is the entity you should be whining about. Sorry, but you sound like the crybaby here. You are in MD and should have warm clothes already, as you've lived there and know how winters are, and that you might have been in MD up until Christmas. Sorry if I offend you, but your email seems kinda childish coming from a man your age and maturity.

by Anonymousreply 111/29/2012

You are. Before I went back to school, I was a property & casualty adjustor (cars, though, not homes). In any natural disaster, insurance companies' first response is supposed to be to send extra adjusters out to process claims ASAP. There's no way State Farm should just now be getting around to putting extra personel on it, a month after the storm.

by Anonymousreply 211/29/2012

Thanks, Voice.

by Anonymousreply 311/29/2012

Sometimes you just let your loved ones vent. Everyone whines. You should have simply written back "I'm sorry, that sounds really stressful," and left it at that. You sound like one of those assholes who prefaces every assholish thing you say with "Can I just be honest?"

by Anonymousreply 411/30/2012

Geez, OP. Would it have killed you to show your brother a little sympathy?

My god, you sound like a pissy, self-righteous scold with a telephone pole up his ass.

by Anonymousreply 511/30/2012

It's stressful, he's venting, whatever.

Seems a tad selfish to complain about helping these poor people when he's about to move into a brand new house.

by Anonymousreply 611/30/2012

What is it you thought your response would accomplish?

by Anonymousreply 711/30/2012

I'm not surprised State Farm is slow to respond to their customers. They've had a month to hold on to their money, instead of pay claims in a timely manner. They've also had a month to not respond/reject claims because of some loophole in the coverage.

State Farm is one of the worst.

by Anonymousreply 811/30/2012

It's his job. If he doesn't like doing his job, that's on him-- it's not on the Governor of a state who is looking out for the state's citizens. Bitch needs to suck it up and quit complaining.

by Anonymousreply 911/30/2012

I live in a NYC suburb and had a lot of damage. My state farm agent finally told me just to take photographs because he couldn't get an adjuster to come out to the house.

One of the biggest problems is that entire HVAC need to be replaced. It's a significant outlay of cash that some people can't afford and need that insurance check. There are many people who still have no heat and it's cold here now.

by Anonymousreply 1011/30/2012

I'll go to NY if he can't make it. They have food there.

by Anonymousreply 1111/30/2012

If your brother wants to pin the blame, it should not be on Gov. Cuomo and instead be on his employer. All State, despite posting millions of dollars in profit, did not provide enough staff and resources.

by Anonymousreply 1211/30/2012

Shame on the Ins. companies for taking so long, should have been out meeting the people that pay them the next day. No sympathy from me OP

by Anonymousreply 1311/30/2012

R13, you live in a fantasy world.

by Anonymousreply 1411/30/2012

Seriously. I am a vendor that works closely with an insurance company, and they fly out reps in ADVANCE of major storms to be ready when something happens. The insurance company has its own planes (2 private jets, a few other planes) that are always on stand by at its hangar.

State Farm can suck it. Hard.

by Anonymousreply 1511/30/2012

The people living in moldy houses or shelters, and the ones who still have trees in their living room condole your brother.

by Anonymousreply 1611/30/2012

I'm proud of Cuomo for jumping on both the footdragging insurance companies and the incompetent electric companies.

by Anonymousreply 1711/30/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!