Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

PHOTO: Handsome REAL Cop! The One Who Gave A Homeless Man Boots for His Sore Bare Feet!

An NYPD cop who was photographed giving a pair of boots and socks to a poor suffering homeless man is heralded on the NYPD's Facebook page, and he's quite a looker aside from having a warm, loving, compassionate heart during the holiday season when it's supposed to be "peace and goodwill toward men" and NOT about greedy, selfish shoppers!

by Anonymousreply 16212/04/2012

He is hot.

by Anonymousreply 211/29/2012

How big is his nightstick?

by Anonymousreply 311/29/2012

This should be posted in the "Let's Discuss Italian-Americans" thread.

by Anonymousreply 411/29/2012

Officer Larry DePrimo is hot, and a really nice guy. He did this not knowing that he was going to be photographed and ultimately have his identity revealed to the world as a Good Samaritan.

It is nice to see -- especially, as OP has pointed out -- that we are constantly assaulted with stories about the greedy, the selfish, and the materialistic at this time of year.

by Anonymousreply 511/29/2012

Tomorrow night the guy will be shoeless again. He's obviously mentally ill.

He's probably always being given shoes by churches and shelters and always taking them off and walking away.

by Anonymousreply 711/29/2012

Big Dick Face

by Anonymousreply 811/29/2012

Nice write-up in the Times.

by Anonymousreply 911/29/2012

Nice bulge. When will he be featured on NYSM?

by Anonymousreply 1011/29/2012

It'll probably show up on SVU, but something will go horribly wrong. Maybe the homeless man will get athlete's foot.

by Anonymousreply 1111/29/2012

I'd fuck him hard

by Anonymousreply 1211/29/2012

This must be a conspiracy and a PR ploy. The Police is all corrupt!

Notice that the girl who took the picture comes from a family of police officers.

Things like this does not just happen, especially with the police. Most likely, the homeless man was made homeless after countless false arrests and suffered from police brutality.

by Anonymousreply 1311/29/2012

Wow! that guy is hot! Guys wearing those police hats make them look even more hotter and manly! UGH! he is 32 years old! I'm 41 years old! He is too young for me to gawk at, and day dream about, major sigh! I think I'll move on.

by Anonymousreply 1411/29/2012

R13=Spike Miserable Lee.

by Anonymousreply 1511/29/2012

r14 he's 25 years old. But that's not too young. At 25, I preferred men 35-45... We exist.

by Anonymousreply 1611/29/2012

This is the 2012 version of the Ted Williams story . . . the homeless black guy with the deep radio voice who became a national sensation and milked his fifteen minutes.

by Anonymousreply 1711/29/2012

His normal beat is the West Village. Someone find out if he plays for Team Mo.

by Anonymousreply 1811/29/2012

What a ripoff! Where's the pics of the cop's bare feet?

by Anonymousreply 1911/29/2012

Damn, I like that male!

by Anonymousreply 2011/29/2012

I've lived in NYC for 31 years since I graduated high school. I've never had a positive interaction with a cop here. They're violent and terrifying bullies. I find this photo (if it's legit) shocking.

by Anonymousreply 2111/30/2012

Why did the OP turn the thread into a Frau finger-shake, instead of stopping at an appreciation for the good-looking cop?

by Anonymousreply 2211/30/2012

I believe it specifically because of his age. He hasn't been on the force long enough to be an arrogant cunt like the rest of them.

by Anonymousreply 2311/30/2012

So no one is going to mention the garbage bag lady of 5th Avenue? I saw her for years wearing nothing but that bag, no shoes. And each year, I thought how the fuck did she live through winter? Well, she lived because she would hop the train from her apartment uptown, change, then lay around on the street. She made good money doing it too. Is she still around? Point is, you make a lot more money if you have no shoes. I worked with the homeless and they are given plenty of opportunities for clothing, including shoes. And food. And clothing. A lot of them don't want it because they prefer the freedom of schedule. However, there are shelters who allow drug seekers to live there, so at this point, there's no excuse really to not have a roof over your head in NY. Lots of services still around after the budget slashes.

by Anonymousreply 2411/30/2012

He's more meh than handsome.

by Anonymousreply 2511/30/2012

My sister used to be a social worker ,and she said those people who hold signs saying please give me money I haven't eaten, etc. usually sell their food stamps get money to pay for drugs or liqueur. Then they turn to panhandling to pay for food. My sister said when you give these people money, you are hurting them than helping them because you are contributing to their substance abuse cycle and early death. She said if someone comes up to you asking for money for food, tell them to go to the county office which supplies food stamps, can goods, and other things to assist in helping them.

by Anonymousreply 2611/30/2012

Well if she said it then it must be right!

by Anonymousreply 2711/30/2012

The cop will be on the Today Show this morning, Friday.

by Anonymousreply 2811/30/2012

He's 25?! He looks much older, what are they feeding him?

Channing Tatum could play him in the movie. Cameo by Dakota Fanning as The Girl with No Feet.

by Anonymousreply 2911/30/2012

R27, she used to deal with that the welfare system and government assistance so she, and others like her, would know.

by Anonymousreply 3011/30/2012

I'll bet DePrimo gets ass raped by someone on the force for this.

by Anonymousreply 3111/30/2012

What R4 Said

by Anonymousreply 3211/30/2012

I think he's cute and I think what he did is nice. I hope it's not just a photo op. I'd like to think there are still some nice guys out there. But I agree with whoever said it up thread that the guy will probably be shoeless again in a couple of days.

by Anonymousreply 3311/30/2012

How can we get arrested in NYC?

by Anonymousreply 3511/30/2012

Will 'copper' be in the 2013 nude NYPD calendar, maybe wearing only a nightstick?

by Anonymousreply 3611/30/2012

"Proven to be a photo op and staged. Nothing to see here people"

by Anonymousreply 3711/30/2012

Link R34

by Anonymousreply 3811/30/2012

I hate to be skeptical because I want to believe that people, particularly police, can be this human, but I wonder if it's not a photo op. The picture looks a little too staged.

by Anonymousreply 3911/30/2012

You do know they don't have "food stamps" anymore, right, guy-whose-sister-used-to-be-a-social-worker?

They have the electronic benefit cards, and while I don't doubt there are people who sell their swipes at the grocery store, the picture of someone exchanging actual food stamps for cash or "liqueur" as you call it, is archaic.

Cops aren't social workers, and law enforcement isn't designed for homeless outreach; the guy did a good deed in a moment of empathy, and that's what's getting the attention.

by Anonymousreply 4011/30/2012

[quote]greedy, selfish shoppers

OP is stupid. How do you know why people are shopping? Do you have insight into their motives?

by Anonymousreply 4111/30/2012

What kind of liquers do the homeless buy? Chivas? Drambuie?

by Anonymousreply 4211/30/2012

I want him inside me.

by Anonymousreply 4311/30/2012

Quite deeply...

by Anonymousreply 4411/30/2012

R26 you could not be more wrong on so many point.

First of all to get a snap card in NY you MUST have an address. You also must have ID and other documentation.

You are required to present your photo each time you use the card and your picture is on the card.

He could not possibly sell his stamps and those without addresses just might be hungry.

by Anonymousreply 4511/30/2012

I know the homeless guy and have seen him for ages. He does haunt the A train. He never wears isn't a ploy IMO he is just deranged. It's just so sad.

The 5th Ave bag lady (sitting on the ground while wearing only a green garbage bag)on the other hand is working a scam. I was working in midtown and I was so appalled the first time I called 911. They workers the whole nine yards. She was right back there the next day. It was pretty obvious she knew what was up. She parked herself on one of the corners with the highest real estate. Tourists were her main target I think. The juxtaposition was too hard for them to take and they shelled out.

She lives in Boca now I think.

by Anonymousreply 4711/30/2012

No, r46, it was me.

by Anonymousreply 4811/30/2012

SERIOUS big dick face.

by Anonymousreply 4911/30/2012

"It's a lovely piece of PR, well conceived and staged by an agency that has been battered in the press lately (Stop & Frisk program, Occupy Wall Street takedowns, etc)."

Oh shut up, you asshole. If you're so paranoid and hateful that you think this was "a piece of PR", then go right ahead. But it's obvious to people who aren't blinded by ignorance and bias that this was a policeman in NY who did a kind thing. I almost feel sorry for you.

by Anonymousreply 5011/30/2012

[quote]Overreaction much

Yes, r51, your post at r46 was a stupid overreaction.

Thanks r50. You're probably right.

by Anonymousreply 5211/30/2012

I did something similar a few years back, also in the West Village. I was actually cruising in my car for some trade along Christopher St., when I saw this homeless guy with shoes falling apart. I stopped my car, got out and gave him a new pair of Nikes I'd just bought. He thanked me profusely. Of course, I did this out of the goodness of my heart, not expecting any publicity over it. Plus, I'm not good looking, so even if someone had called the paparazzi, they wouldn't of done a story on me.

by Anonymousreply 5311/30/2012

r21, we're you meant to say "graduated FROM high school."

by Anonymousreply 5411/30/2012

It's the Christmas Shoes!

How did he know the shoe size?

by Anonymousreply 5511/30/2012

The cop lives with his parents in Holbrook, Long Island. A long treck to Manhattan.

by Anonymousreply 5611/30/2012

I agree this does reek of photo op.

by Anonymousreply 5711/30/2012

In NYPD lingo, r3 is a CopSucker.

by Anonymousreply 5811/30/2012

For R55, from R9's link:

[quote] They started talking; he found out the man’s shoe size: 12.

I'm assuming the cop just asked him. Makes me sad that there are so many people who are so jaded that they must state that the story must be false. The New York Times does some pretty serious fact checking. In any case, it makes my day a little better to believe that it is true.

by Anonymousreply 5911/30/2012

[quote]How did he know the shoe size?

According to the story in the Times, he spoke to the man and asked his shoe size.

by Anonymousreply 6011/30/2012

I believe the story is true, which is not to say it was not a set up. Set ups can be true was planned, it happened, it was therefore true.

Keep in mind it was planned.

by Anonymousreply 6111/30/2012

R54 Don't you mean "where", not we're? Actually, I'm not sure what you meant to say.

by Anonymousreply 6211/30/2012

Size 12 shoe = SIZEMEAT ALERT!

by Anonymousreply 6311/30/2012

now THIS is a Christmas shoes story worth writing a song about!

by Anonymousreply 6411/30/2012

I want inside HIM quite deeply.

by Anonymousreply 6511/30/2012

It's nice that he did that. But he's young. Give him a few more years of dealing with the internal corruption of the NYPD. Plus, he'll probably get a lot of shit from other officers about making them look bad. If he lasts as an NYP officer for a few more years he'll most likely end up just as corrupt as the others, or develop an "I don't give a shit" attitude.

And sorry to say, but that homeless guy probably sold those boots as soon as he could to get money for dope or booze.

by Anonymousreply 6611/30/2012

According to his Facebook page he voted for Romney. Probably why he's already been on Faux.

by Anonymousreply 6711/30/2012

Douchebag cops always support Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 6911/30/2012

He is cute packing about 20 more pounds than he should. I sort of like a little plump but he will be gross in a few years. Porcine like I would think

by Anonymousreply 7011/30/2012

"Most cops need to be shot point blank in their motherfucking face. That is a fact."

You're either a psycho or a particularly unpleasant, stupid, destestable troll. Probably both. Yes, I would say both.

by Anonymousreply 7111/30/2012

i don't think it was planned, he's got a good heart, his mom said “In college, after Hurricane Katrina, he made two trips with Habitat for Humanity to Louisiana to help. He’s a good, decent guy, and I’m not just saying that because he’s my son.”

by Anonymousreply 7211/30/2012

Couple of months ago, I saw a young-middle-aged woman begging on the street in midtown Manhattan, saying she needed money for something to eat. She was crying, and it looked like sincere tears, so I felt really bad. I went up to her and very politely said, "Hey, you know, there are free soup kitchens that can help you out, and I know where some of them are." She immediately stopped crying and started cursing at me. She told me not to tell her what to do, and she basically said, "Fuck you, I'll ask someone else."

by Anonymousreply 7411/30/2012

Just cannot believe any police can have a heart. They live to torture and kill. The world will be a peaceful place if their are is no police. Believe it.

by Anonymousreply 7511/30/2012

[quote]Most cops need to be shot point blank in their motherfucking face. That is a fact.

[quote]He is cute packing about 20 more pounds than he should.

My god, some of you have serious mental problems.

by Anonymousreply 7611/30/2012

He's straight. Quit falling in love. All he did was give a homeless guy some shoes.

by Anonymousreply 7711/30/2012

And it was clearly staged. It's amazing how gullible people are.

The guy getting the boots undoubtedly sold them the next day for money for alcohol or drugs. Grifters go bare-footed because it gets them sympathy when they beg. It's the same reason some beggars get dogs as 'service animals' for emotional problems.' Dogs get them more money. I've worked with homeless and poor people. These beggars are virtually a population unto themselves. They usually get SSDI for disabilities, which nets them around 900 bucks a month. Veterans get over a thousand bucks a month, and they can earn a thousand more without their benefits being threatened. Some get closer to 2500 bucks a month. They don't want section 8 because section 8 requires that they pay 30 percent of their income towards their rent. They'd rather spend that money on drugs or alcohol.Some of them use the money to travel. A lot of them have laptops, Iphones, you name it. Some of these folks have multiple credit cards. Their whole life is basically a grift. They often prey on other poor and/or homeless people, and even steal their meager belongings. If you see someone begging do NOT give that person money. Go to a food bank or shelter and give the money there.

by Anonymousreply 7811/30/2012

6.5 thick

by Anonymousreply 7911/30/2012

[quote]Some get closer to 2500 bucks a month. They don't want section 8 because section 8 requires that they pay 30 percent of their income towards their rent. They'd rather spend that money on drugs or alcohol.Some of them use the money to travel. A lot of them have laptops, Iphones, you name it. Some of these folks have multiple credit cards. Their whole life is basically a grift.

by Anonymousreply 8011/30/2012

"ust cannot believe any police can have a heart. They live to torture and kill. The world will be a peaceful place if their are is no police. Believe it."

"They live to torture and kill?" Oh please shut up, you poor retarded mental case (or annoying fucked up troll). You're just embarrassing yourself. Do yourself and everybody around you a favor: check into the nearest mental health facility and SOON.

by Anonymousreply 8211/30/2012

Didn't the homeless guy sell the shoes that the cop bought? Talk about a waste.

by Anonymousreply 8311/30/2012

Watch the cop end up getting fired for giving away city owned property or some shit like that.

by Anonymousreply 8411/30/2012

The cop went to the store to buy the shoes for the homeless guy.

by Anonymousreply 8511/30/2012

Ok watch him lose his job for doing it while on the clock.

by Anonymousreply 8611/30/2012

[quote]Watch the cop end up getting fired for giving away city owned property or some shit like that.

Whoa! You're right on target r84. It was just on the news. Those boots had been assigned to for the mayor's use. The cop got his pink slip at 5 o'clock today.

by Anonymousreply 8711/30/2012

He did a nice thing for a homeless guy. Must we dissect everything?

Are there shitty cops? Of course.

He's 25 - barely out of the academy. The arrogance and cynicism hasn't set in yet.

by Anonymousreply 8811/30/2012

R87 is full of shit, but so are a lot of the other crazies on this thread.

Sometimes it's almost too depressing to read this site. There are some seriously fucked up trolls here.

by Anonymousreply 8911/30/2012

R88 True

by Anonymousreply 9011/30/2012

[quote]R87 is full of shit,

I was just giving the moron at R84 - r86 what he wanted to hear. It was total bullshit but it made his day.

by Anonymousreply 9111/30/2012

R80... ummm, it's the truth whether you choose to believe it or not. It's not applicable to all disabled people, of course. Most only get SSI with is around 700 dollars per month. But people on SSDI do quite well, particularly veterans. You can believe whatever you like, but it's true. I worked for years with poor and homeless people. There is a subset of these folks who are not actually poor. But they're too sick mentally to live any sort of functional existence.

by Anonymousreply 9211/30/2012

I wouldn't kick that cop out of bed by any means. I've always wanted to spank, squeeze and play with a cop's ass while still in his uniform. I can see myself pressing my mouth against his while fondling his ass and cock.

I've sometimes wondered about cops who stand in a line to hold back a crowd--do you think some of the people right behind the cops sometimes get a nice feel of some cop ass?

by Anonymousreply 9312/01/2012

[quote]Ok watch him lose his job for doing it while on the clock.

NYPD posted the video on its facebook page.

by Anonymousreply 9412/01/2012

I want to have slow, passionate sex with that cop--I wonder if he realizes how many sistahs have fallen in love with him.

by Anonymousreply 9512/01/2012

sometimes i wish i was more of a whore when i was single, i've never been with a fireman, policeman or military guy. and no, playing dress up is NOT the same!

by Anonymousreply 9612/01/2012

He's not that hot, people. What a misleading thread. Should be retitled "Fattie Gives Boots to Homeless Man!"

by Anonymousreply 9812/01/2012

R98, please! He is an Italian stallion to me! He is hot! He isn't skinny as a twig as those limp wristed male models or buffed up boring, he is beefy in a manly healthy way and his face is handsome too!

by Anonymousreply 9912/01/2012

R54 If you want to be a real fussbudget, it would be "I was graduated from high school."

I saw this young man on television. Very sincere looking Italian boy with nice eyes. Doesn't seem to realize this Virus (as in viral) could eat him alive.

by Anonymousreply 10012/01/2012

Cops on the street are heroes.

by Anonymousreply 10112/01/2012

Thank you, R103. I wouldn't go so far as saying "cops deserve to die," but they are quite obviously all power-tripping, average-to-stupid dickheads.

Sarah Silverman had a joke on her show where her sister's boyfriend, a cop, asks her "Do you know why I became a police officer?" and she replies, "Because you got all Cs in high school?"

Anyone who thinks cops become cops because they're noble and just want to serve and protect and uphold the law, is seriously fucking naive.

by Anonymousreply 10412/01/2012

[quote]The homeless guy was the same as the welfare queens and antiretroviral dependent AIDS boys on SS disability don't want to hear that. You love it when you can mooch off others.

Yes, they're all clearly living the life. I'm SO jealous of the homeless and people with AIDS. They all have such incredible lives!

You're a fucking idiot.

People like you will defend some jerk-off CEO who fucks up a company, pays himself, then fucks over the employees who actually DID their job, but pretend that it's some homeless guy who got a free pair of boots in frigid weather who is responsible for the downfall of the nation.

by Anonymousreply 10512/01/2012

R102 = Republican't mentality.

by Anonymousreply 10612/01/2012

[quote]how expensive were those boots?

All through this thead, people ask dumb questions about things that are clearly explained in the linked stories.

They weren't cheap boots from the Dollar Tree. The store manager helped by giving a discount, too, but they still weren't cheap.

by Anonymousreply 10712/01/2012

They were Uggs

by Anonymousreply 10812/01/2012

R105,R106= idiots. Acknowledging reality doesn't make one a freeper. Clearly you've never worked with this population or even volunteered for a charity. Clearly. Not all poor people are good people. Just as they are not all bad. There are people getting benefits who don't want to pay for housing. That doesn't mean they PREFER being homeless. It means they'd rather drink and drunk and buy expensive things like laptops. They've made a calculation. Some of these folks are mentally ill. Some are cons who like the grift. They are also not motivated by the same thing. But some poor and homeless people are scam artists. SOME.

by Anonymousreply 10912/01/2012

[quote]They were Uggs

As if being homeless wasn't bad enough.

by Anonymousreply 11012/01/2012

r102 is a freeper--and one of those tiresome cynics who "speaks the truth" and yet refuses to believe the obvious.

*There are good people in the world--even cops.

*The next time you get mugged take care of the problem yourself. LOL.

*In fact, let's get rid of all the cops and see what the hissy fit queens here do.

Nice guy who did the right thing. How many of us would do the same. I mean, let's face it. r102 would NEVAH be bothered. She's just too smart to be fooled.

by Anonymousreply 11112/01/2012

F&F for R112. Death threats aren't cool.

by Anonymousreply 11312/01/2012

The boots were around $100. Using the employee discount offered by the manager they were $49.50, plus he bought thermal socks.

by Anonymousreply 11412/01/2012

r112: Take your meds. Seriously dude, you need help.

In fact, we have cops to protect us from people like you.

by Anonymousreply 11512/01/2012

In the "Hasidic bullies intimidate rape victim in court" thread, R112 is telling jews to go burn in an oven.

What a shitbag.

by Anonymousreply 11612/01/2012

As someone who does work with this population, r109 you overestimate the amount of scam artists who are homeless. Yes a homeless guy might take money fro. You to buy alcohol rather than a meal but his homelessness is not a scam. Most of these people have mental illness and emotional issues which keep them poor and/or homeless. And nearly all of them are victims of America's piss poor education system.

by Anonymousreply 11912/01/2012

R112/117 is a crazy retard who ought to be banned from this board, a sick sack of shit who gets his jollies by making death threats. Whoever this demented fucker is, I hope get put away for a long, long time. I think he will be.

by Anonymousreply 12012/01/2012

r120, did you f&f the freak?

by Anonymousreply 12112/01/2012

"The cop defenders here are insane."

As opposed to the well-adjusted cop haters who are making death threats? God, you're an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 12312/01/2012

Hot motherfucker

by Anonymousreply 12512/01/2012

That's considered hot in your world?

by Anonymousreply 12612/01/2012

Hot hot hot! I'm in love.

by Anonymousreply 12712/01/2012

Apparently R124 is a fan of the sociopath who's making the death threats. You're the "loon", asshole. A pathetic worthless shitstain, like your buddy who not only hates cops and wishes them dead but thinks Jews should "go burn in an oven."

by Anonymousreply 12812/01/2012

One of his eyes is much larger than the other.

by Anonymousreply 12912/01/2012

Are you a cop r128? Why are you so invested in defending them?

by Anonymousreply 13012/01/2012

[quote]The boots were around $100. Using the employee discount offered by the manager they were $49.50, plus he bought thermal socks.

The store manager is the one who's job might be in jeopardy. I can just see some asshole from Corporate demanding he be fired for misusing the employee discount.

by Anonymousreply 13112/01/2012

He's 25, attended college, volunteered with Habitat for Humanity and lives with his parents. This does sound like an unusual profile for an NYC cop. Aren't they usually the type that enlists after H.S. and take jobs as cops because it's pretty much the only thing they can do? Maybe he really is different and sees being a cop as a stepping stone to something else. Maybe he's taking law classes. Or maybe he's one of those rare people who do into a profession because they want to help. I know it sounds naive, but it still happens sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 13212/01/2012

People like 112/117 needs to commit suicide and do society a favor. Instead, they end up mass killing innocent groups of people.

by Anonymousreply 13312/01/2012

[quote]He's 25, attended college, volunteered with Habitat for Humanity and lives with his parents. This does sound like an unusual profile for an NYC cop. Aren't they usually the type that enlists after H.S. and take jobs as cops because it's pretty much the only thing they can do?

NYC police officers are required to have a college degree - I think a two-year degree is sufficient.

by Anonymousreply 13412/01/2012

he's still a baby, give him time, he will be corrupted soon enough...

by Anonymousreply 13612/01/2012

[quote]That's considered hot in your world?

r126's world consists of his mothers basement, porn and Cheetos.

by Anonymousreply 13712/01/2012

Dude is ugly

by Anonymousreply 13812/01/2012

look, this is clearly a PR stunt by the NYPD. Most racist, abusive PD in America. Their cops are constantly being put on trial for hate crimes.

by Anonymousreply 13912/01/2012

After the heroic work performed of by the NYPD rescuing the Irish/Italian morons who refused to leave their cheaply-made shacks in Queens, Brooklyn and Staten Island despite the onslaught of Hurrican Sandy, they hardly need to arrange a "cheap PR stunt" as you so elegantly described it R140.

by Anonymousreply 14112/01/2012

This man did a very good thing. He deserves everyone's admiration. I hope that I go forward and do as he did.

by Anonymousreply 14212/01/2012

I'd fuck him six ways to Sunday, honey.

by Anonymousreply 14312/01/2012

I feel sorry for all you people cannot conceive of good happening in the world.

Maybe you need to do some volunteer work yourselves. It might open your eyes to not only the needs of the needy, but works that everyday people like this police officer do every day.

by Anonymousreply 14412/01/2012

He looks like he would be a manly top to me; not a bottom.

by Anonymousreply 14512/01/2012

Not bad looking at all but a Romney voter and eager to announce it to the world. An instant boner killer.

by Anonymousreply 14612/01/2012

He has a nice, hairy, musky, warm, moist inviting anus, with just a hint of oregano...

by Anonymousreply 14712/02/2012

[quote]The store manager is the one who's job might be in jeopardy. I can just see some asshole from Corporate demanding he be fired for misusing the employee discount.

OMG, you're right. It was just on Weekend Today. The store manager got fired.

by Anonymousreply 14812/02/2012

R144 I think we can all conceive of good it is just this particular story raised some doubt.

This is not his precint, he was 'transferred' there for one night only.

Yet he knew where to go for discounted shoes.

The woman who took the photo is from a copy family.

It was the P.R. flacks for the police who both made it go viral and released it to the news media.

It all may be genuine coincidence, it may be a p.r. stunt.

I see a lot of good happening every day, I volunteer at a shelter, but none of those acts of love and kindness ever make the papers.

by Anonymousreply 14912/02/2012

r149 said "he knew where to go for discount shoes." The cop found a shoe store. It wasn't a discount until the manager offered to help. And because he's not assigned to a Midtown precinct doesn't mean he has no knowledge of the area. All New Yorkers know Times Square, but don't live or work there.

by Anonymousreply 15012/02/2012

[quote]I volunteer at a shelter, but none of those acts of love and kindness ever make the papers.

Jealous much?

by Anonymousreply 15112/02/2012

Not jealous in the least.

by Anonymousreply 15212/02/2012

The cop haters on this thread have some serious issues that they should address.

by Anonymousreply 15312/02/2012

And what issues would those be r153?

by Anonymousreply 15412/02/2012

I hope you haters here really need a cop one day and he looks at you and says.."fuck off, Mary". I'd laugh my ass off.

by Anonymousreply 15512/02/2012

[quote] Yet he knew where to go for discounted shoes.

I wonder where he could possibly buy shoes? How would he find such a rare mercantile establishment?

by Anonymousreply 15612/02/2012

God Bless that officer. It's good to know that there are still people who care about others out there in this world.

by Anonymousreply 15712/02/2012

Surprise, surprise! The homeless man is once again SHOELESS.

by Anonymousreply 15812/03/2012

[quote]The woman who took the photo is from a copy family.

Is she an heir to the Kinkos fortune?

by Anonymousreply 15912/03/2012

Actually, the name of the woman who took the photo is Astrid Haloid-Xerox Kyocera, of the Rochester Haloid-Xeroxes. Her recent marriage to Kenji Kyocera forged an unbreakable bond between the world's preeminent copy families.

by Anonymousreply 16012/03/2012

"Surprise, surprise! The homeless man is once again SHOELESS."

You see, you can't help these people.

by Anonymousreply 16112/03/2012

And he's not homeless. He has an apartment in the Bronx.

Panhandlers are SCAM artists! give your money to food and clothing banks!

by Anonymousreply 16212/04/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!