Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Official Powerball Lottery Fantasy Thread

What are the TOP 3 things you would do if you won the gigantic $550 Million jackpot tonight?

1. Move from my shitty studio apartment in Brooklyn to a duplex loft in TriBeCa.

2. Buy an "Around the World" plane ticket and go traveling for a good six months.

3. Start courting all the artists whom I admire and begin forging the dream art collection I've always wish I could build.

by Anonymousreply 2012/24/2012

1) take care of my loved ones

2) quit my fucking job

3) donate to some charities

by Anonymousreply 111/28/2012

New base of operations? Paris.

The hardest part would be how to quit my job without tipping everyone off that I'd just had a windfall.

by Anonymousreply 211/28/2012

Banknotes fill the void.

by Anonymousreply 311/28/2012

1.) Get with a lawyer immediately prior to claiming the prize to see if I need to set myself up as a corporation or something before turning in my ticcket (for privacy and tax purposes)

2.) Buy a house I've admired fpr decades that's now on the market for 1.8M.

3.) Buy my local GLBT center a permanent home. The current one is in really sad shape and they need a house or something to help the runaway teems they take care of. The current place can't do it.

And, after those three. . .I'd think about helping out some other folks and just live a quiet life. I'm not a people person so no need for parties and entertaining an entourage of sycophants.

by Anonymousreply 411/28/2012

I just watched Quest on CNN Int'l interviewing someone about British Petroleum being blocked from bidding on U.S. contracts. The final question: What would you do if you won tonight's lottery? The guy wanted to move to Scarsdale and live the country life.

by Anonymousreply 511/28/2012

r4, there is a horror story of this man who won the jackpot, went straight to a lawyer and the lawyer ended up killing the man and tried to steal his ticket.

The FIRST thing to do is sign the ticket, take a picture of you with the ticket, place the ticket in an envelope and then put it in a deposit safe at the bank.

THEN go to a lawyer.

by Anonymousreply 611/28/2012

Damn, r6!

Can't fucking trust nobody.

by Anonymousreply 711/28/2012

I have a winning ticket! I won a whole FOUR DOLLARS by picking the PowerBall number! Woo Whoo!!! What should I spend it on???

by Anonymousreply 811/29/2012

5-16-22-23-29 PB: 6

by Anonymousreply 911/29/2012

looks like there are 2 winners - in Arizona and Missouri

by Anonymousreply 1011/29/2012

Damn. 10 bucks down the drain. Oh well. Like always, it's always fun to dream. The two winners WOULD have to be from red states, wouldn't they? Ughhh....

by Anonymousreply 1111/29/2012

I wonder what it would have gone up to had no one one.

by Anonymousreply 1211/29/2012

Pay off my outstanding IRS tax bills, I'm broke now.

Help out my immediate family and selected relatives.

Move to New York for a trial period to see if it's as great as I imagine it to be and from what I've heard.

by Anonymousreply 1311/29/2012

1/ Do the lawyer/accountant thing, since I'm not accustomed to money.

2/ Support education of disadvantaged youths in areas that vote blue. The areas that vote red can pick themselves up by their fucking bootstraps. Of course, the rub is, it's the reds who need more education, but Power Ball winnings can't afford the type of help the reds would need.

3/ Pet project: part of my education initiative would be teaching permaculture to children. We can only look to them for future sustainability options. Current adults obviously don't care.

4/ I would not actually close down my business as it feeds my soul. But I'd have to restructure to allow enough time to administer my projects. I would probably spend a little on my house, but I'd want to be really low key and balanced about my winnings so noone found out (I'm in a state that doesn't require reporting my name to the media).

by Anonymousreply 1411/29/2012

I don't have a winning ticket after all. Just found out my brother bought the wrong ticket. I have a MegaMillions ticket not PowerBall. Dreams dashed in an instant...

by Anonymousreply 1511/29/2012

1) sign it, take a picture of it, put it in a safety deposit box.

2) Retain a lawyer to claim the ticket in privacy.

3) Set up fool-proof retirement plans and trust funds. Period. Nothing else before that. Buy some CDs that can't be opened for 20 -30 or even 50 years.

4)This would be the hard part: Have a Loooooong talk with my partner to decide who we would tell. I wouldn't want ANYONE in our family to know for at least a few months when we make rock solid decisions about our long term plans. When we do tell it would only be people we trust. Make decisions about priorities. Family and personal.

She would want to split the money up among the family- I think not. I would want to control it because I think I'm better at long term planning. But we would give some chunks to them.

Then I would talk to an advisor and set up a yearly budget. Investing, savings, philanthropy, and personal. The last category would be "consumer" and "WTH". I would have a real long think about what's important to me and what organisations I would want to see grow in our community.

Pay of my partner's debts and buy the house we live in. Renovate our house and garage. Landscape our yard. Then consider selling it after some long term financial planning about where we want to live.

Pay back some money loaned to us by her family. Help her sister get her business started.

Pay off my brother's debts. Set up a trust fund for my nieces and nephews.

Pay off Mom's medical bills. Clean and renovate her house (our childhood home) if she'll let me. (The basics at first, electricity some water damage, painting. Then renovate the kitchen and the floors, add on a patio in the back. Fence the yard in. - Oh I've been dreaming for a long time.)

Me: Go back to school. Do some art. Get my Ph.D.

by Anonymousreply 1611/29/2012

Um, R16. Bad news...

by Anonymousreply 1711/29/2012

Yeah, I know r17. This is a FANTASY thread. RIght?

by Anonymousreply 1811/29/2012

Sure, R18, but your detail...and the fact that you posted after the lottery was won. Just thought you didn't know.

by Anonymousreply 1911/29/2012

A fool and his money...

[quote]Powerball Winners Will Fund New High School Football Stadium Only If The Visitors’ Locker Room Is Painted Pink

by Anonymousreply 2012/24/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!