Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

AP: Romney Will Have Office At Son’s Investment Firm

Mitt Romney will move into an office at Solamere Capital, the investment firm co-founded by son Tagg Romney, former aides told the Associated Press.

Former aides confirm that Romney is expected to move into an office at the Boston-area venture capital firm Solamere Capital. The firm was founded by his oldest son, Tagg Romney, and Spencer Zwick, who served as his presidential campaign's national finance chairman.

*This post has been updated to reflect that moving into the office does not mean Romney is joining the firm.

by Anonymousreply 2512/02/2012

He's not going to open an office on 125th Street in Harlem?

by Anonymousreply 111/28/2012

What the fuck does he need an office for? He's not taking a job there. They're treating him like he's a former fucking President or something. He LOST! Back to pumping gas at Costco, please. No offices needed for that.

by Anonymousreply 211/28/2012

Something told me he wasn't going to do a five-year stint at Habitat-for-Humanity or the Peace Corps.

Back to moneygrubbing.

by Anonymousreply 312/01/2012

True, R3.

I don't think Romney is going to be doing global foundation work to benefit other people like Clinton & Carter.

by Anonymousreply 412/01/2012

Just be glad he didn't win the election.

by Anonymousreply 512/01/2012

Douchebag Shitt and his son can mingle with the one percenters where they feel most comfortsble.

I doubt another Romney will be running for public office. They're pretty much disgrace and knoww they are hated. They've had quite enough of trying to mix with the common folk. They don't like the public--and the public doesn't like them.

by Anonymousreply 612/01/2012

Why is he getting an office with his son's firm if he isn't going to work there, or anywhere as far as I can tell? Is he so poor he can't afford his own office space? I thought he was such a financial genius and so sucessful.

It's probably just a place where they will have a secretary (probably employed by his son's firm) answer his calls and take messages. Will he even go there?

It's pretty obvious he has no intention of doing any work. He just wants a phone number to take calls from the RNC and maybe the press. Which are not forthcoming.

by Anonymousreply 712/01/2012

They always talk about his charitable work. His charitable work has been for the Mormon cult and not charitable at all. Maybe he can do the house work for Ann, run errands and masturbate.

by Anonymousreply 812/01/2012

He donated to the Mormon Church so that he could get tax breaks.

by Anonymousreply 912/01/2012

Each weekday will be a break from The penis cuff and Mitt will spin around in his chair, pinching his nipples while he waits for his new discovery known as 'lunchables'. He's allowed only one, but sometimes he cheats.

by Anonymousreply 1012/01/2012

If you don't pay your 10% to the Mormon Chruch, you're not "a member in good standing," which means you can't get married, be baptized, or attend weddings or other ceremonies in the church.

It's essentially country club dues.

by Anonymousreply 1112/01/2012

Sometimes I forget how fucking relieved I am that this piece of shit didn't win.

by Anonymousreply 1212/01/2012

[quote] What the fuck does he need an office for?

duh, so he can buy more American companies, rob their pension plans, cut benefits, leverage the companies to the hilt and send all the jobs to China and third world hell holes. It's what he does because having a minimum of $289 Million dollars simply isn't enough (I bet he's got a lot more $$$ hidden away). It's Good clean repug style fun

by Anonymousreply 1312/01/2012

He'll be purchasing more voting machines for 2016.

by Anonymousreply 1412/01/2012

He's too much of damaged goods after this fiasco, even by increasingly low GOP standards. There's no way he will be allowed to run in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 1512/01/2012

[quote] If you don't pay your 10% to the Mormon Church, you're not "a member in good standing," which means you can't get married, be baptized, or attend weddings or other ceremonies in the church.

[quote] It's essentially country club dues.

It's a hobby and SHOULD NOT be tax deductible

by Anonymousreply 1612/01/2012

Thank GOD, R17. Thank God.

by Anonymousreply 1812/01/2012

He's got to make more money. He just took a HUGE hit in the ego. He needs to reassure himself that he's still hot shit.

by Anonymousreply 1912/01/2012

R15, he will also be nearly 70 in 2016. He won't look as good.

by Anonymousreply 2012/02/2012

He will probably be watching cartoons and crying, not investing money. I think that his wife and sons take turns babysitting him. The grandkid that was talking to President Obama at the debate probably ties his shoes for him.

by Anonymousreply 2112/02/2012

[quote]He might have been a good President but, we'll never know because he wasn't given the chance.

R17. Your naive, ignorant compassion is misplaced and misguided. Romney would have been a disaster. He's despicable. The country dodged a huge bullet, but actually, the bullet was way off target. As Nancy Pelosi said, "Everyone knows Mitt Romney is never going to be president of the United States."

Thankfully, she was right. And the country was right as is evident by the outcome of the election.

by Anonymousreply 2212/02/2012

R17, does it bother you at all that Romney is a person widely considered by both sides to have NO personal integrity, no moral standards, no beliefs in anything but "I got mine, fuck you" and "I'm entitled to be President because it's my turn, but I don't owe the American people my fair share of taxes or the truth about myself?" This is a person whose entire family thinks it's hilarious that he tortured an animal. He raised his chldren to have no compassion for the weak and helpless, which says more about him than I ever could.

Going to church doesn't make you a good person. Plenty of child molesters and murderers go to church. Caring about other people is what makes you a good person, and Romney and his wife and children just don't give a damn about anything but themselves. The fact that he had no plan of what to do after he won shows it wasn't about improving the country by being President, it was about living in the White House and having a lot of lackeys calling him "Mr. President" and Ann "First Lady." The Romneys were a couple of rich carpet baggers who went shopping for a new house, nothing more. He had NO PLAN at all. How can you even run for President knowing you have no plan? He had no conscience.

Obama has tried his best to help the poor, the unemployed, and the middle class, even when it meant going against the wealthy and the powerful, as well as the entire united Republican party, who hate democracy, America, and everything it stands for. That's all we can ask.

You want a Republican President? Then quit nominating amoral, reprehensible people with no moral standards. People with ideals about what this country should be will not vote for them.

by Anonymousreply 2312/02/2012

Romney is no FDR, that's for sure. There's nothing wrong with being wealthy as long as you use that wealth to help others the way FDR did, but Mitt was the total opposite.

by Anonymousreply 2412/02/2012

I think he'll probably handle his own investments and advise his son. He's very good at making money, but he's completely unconcerned about anything but numbers.

by Anonymousreply 2512/02/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!