Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

WEHT Steve and Eydie?

How is Eydie doing, healthwise, and is Steve still touring on his own or has he retired too?

by This could be the end of something big!reply 811/28/2012

Didn't they die?

by This could be the end of something big!reply 111/28/2012

Steve always said that if they were ever touring and he got up in the middle of the night and peed in the closet, he would quit and stay home.

Maybe he did - and they did.

by This could be the end of something big!reply 211/28/2012

I love this old Steve and Edie SCTV parody with Dave Thomas and Catherine O'Hara.

I hate your guts dear and you made my life a nightmare...

by This could be the end of something big!reply 311/28/2012

OP, it's been said before, but bears repeating...

Google is your friend. BTW, so is Wikipedia.

"She retired as of 2009; husband and musical partner Steve Lawrence continues to perform as a solo act."

Alos from the Wiki page which made me snicker... Gormé was born as Edith Garmezano.

by This could be the end of something big!reply 411/28/2012

Yes, r4, I read the wiki page and the last news about either is two years ago. That's why I posted, asshole.

by This could be the end of something big!reply 511/28/2012

I really enjoyed seeing them together about 15 years ago. She sounded good, but he was amazing. What amazed me even more was the dirty jokes they both told! I really didn't expect that, and it was a hilarious evening.

by This could be the end of something big!reply 611/28/2012

R6 I saw them in 2008 or so, I think it was their last tour together and I felt exactly the same way. Eydie was great and hilarious, but her voice was diminished. Steve, however, was amazing and much more of an accomplished jazz vocalist than I would have imagined. Plus they told (slightly) dirty jokes. I feel privileged to have glimpsed what the golden age of Las Vegas must have been like.

by This could be the end of something big!reply 711/28/2012

Haven't thought about them in decades.

As a kid, I always thought they made a very cute couple. Looked great together and seemed to have lots of chemistry, at least when they were together on talk shows like Mike Douglas or Dinah Shore.

by This could be the end of something big!reply 811/28/2012
Need more help? Click Here.