Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Romney Lunching at the White House!

CNBC just announced that Romney and Obama will have at the White House tomorrow.

Love to be a fly on the wall at that one.

by Anonymousreply 16211/30/2012

"Barack, if you color your hair it will take years off"

by Anonymousreply 111/28/2012

I wonder if Ann and Michelle will be involved?

by Anonymousreply 211/28/2012

"And here's the Oval Office desk you'll never sit behind".

by Anonymousreply 311/28/2012

I assume they'll be serving crow and humble pie.

by Anonymousreply 411/28/2012

"So I am looking for a new ambassador to Belize..."

by Anonymousreply 511/28/2012

"Mitt! Congfratulations on being voted 'Most Ineffective Person' by GQ! What an honor! Oh--how do you like the house you can't buy?"

by Anonymousreply 611/28/2012

R5 Why not Libya?

by Anonymousreply 711/28/2012

In other news, Rafalca and Bo will be taking a dump together.

by Anonymousreply 811/28/2012

"Gosh Barack, you know I've been forced to hire Lamanites through the years but I've known a Hawaiian. This has been eyeopening. I'm wondering though, I've brought a book with me that I'd like to share. You have the Presidency but do you have a spot alongside the Heavenly Father reserved for you?

by Anonymousreply 911/28/2012

He's going to make Mitt suck him off. It's the last part of the election cycle.

by Anonymousreply 1011/28/2012

I'd like to be a fly on Romney's food.

by Anonymousreply 1111/28/2012

...is this traditional?

or is Obama being supremely gracious?

by Anonymousreply 1211/28/2012

Wow! I don't think this has ever happened before.

by Anonymousreply 1311/28/2012

Since Romney's still talking shit, I'm not impressed.

by Anonymousreply 1411/28/2012

Mitt plans to show up with a van of furniture, his family along with groceries from Costco. The van was packed before the election anyway.

by Anonymousreply 1511/28/2012

R2, Ann is going to bring some of their family laundry for Michelle to do and probably ask the Obama girls to go out and wash there car.

by Anonymousreply 1611/28/2012

Mitt is coming hat in hand to ask if he can be named U. S. Ambassador to France.

Watch 'n' see.

by Anonymousreply 1711/28/2012

He probably heard that Mitt has started to self-harm.

by Anonymousreply 1811/28/2012

LOL! Romney has already proven he couldn't U.S. Ambassador himself out of a paper bag. France? Not likely.

Bet Mittens has an agenda that's directly related to his foreign investments,like to China, and his shell companies in the Caymans. I BETCHA. Once he leaves lunch he'll go on some TV show and tell us what he told the President. "And I told the President he is wrong about...blah blah blah. "

When the fuck will Obama and his appointees, (like Rice) understand there is no way to be gracious to these people. None. Fuck Romney. He insulted me, the voter with his filthy lies and his scare tactics.

Romney can't possibly help Obama. No one in the Republican Party will listen to him. They never liked him. Think he's a joke. Romney isn't a real sought after guy by other corporate Dons. And beyond a few Mormons, he has no constituency. The people that voted for him didn't vote for him because they liked him, they were voting against Obama.

Maybe Obama just wants Romney to tell Trump to STFU.

by Anonymousreply 1911/28/2012

Speaking of rightwing shitheads. Someone start a thread:

[quote]Glenn Beck Puts Obama In 'Urine,' Makes 'Obama In Pee Pee' Art Piece (VIDEO)

by Anonymousreply 2011/28/2012

[quote][R5] Why not Libya?

Because he couldn't find it on a map, along with Syria and Mali...nor could he ever explain the specifics behind the "tumult" in any one of the three.

by Anonymousreply 2111/28/2012

Need to stop giving these guys attention.

by Anonymousreply 2211/28/2012

Let him manage lawn care. That's all he's qualified for.

by Anonymousreply 2311/28/2012

I certainly hope the Secret Service maintain a close eye on Romney.

by Anonymousreply 2411/28/2012

R21, it's not his fault he couldn't find Lybia. He was using Apple Maps!

by Anonymousreply 2511/28/2012

I question why this is necessary.

I'd have mustered a bit of respect for Romney if he would have declined lunch with Obama with a simple,

"No Thank You, Mr. President. I lost the election and you won. As such, it isn't necessary to prolong any pretense that we have common ground."

I wish to hell Obama would drop this reach-across-the-aisle-bullshit and, in this instance, it makes me wonder if Obama has a mean streak.

Don't get me wrong. Romney deserves all the grief he has coming, however, I can't help but wonder if this is another opportunity for Obama to grind his heel into Romney and, if so, it just ain't necessary.

Romney should be ignored, plain and simple.

by Anonymousreply 2611/28/2012

Lybia?

by Anonymousreply 2711/28/2012

If anyone has sinister motives, it's Romney.

by Anonymousreply 2811/28/2012

della you've kind of lost your mind with that last post.

by Anonymousreply 2911/28/2012

Seems foolish, no possible upside for Obama, all upside for Mitt.

I don't think I have seen a legitimate presidential candidate flame out so fast and become persona non grata as quickly as Romney since Ross Perot.

Maybe Obama will give Mitt a tour of some of the private areas of the White House, just to rub it in that he can.

by Anonymousreply 3011/28/2012

No kidding.

by Anonymousreply 3111/28/2012

Point taken r29. Perhaps I have, but I stand by what I wrote.

Seriously, what's to be gained?

by Anonymousreply 3211/28/2012

Obama is trying to make Romney into a legitimate Republican leader in an effort to go around the nuts on Congress. Won't work. Stupid to try.

by Anonymousreply 3311/28/2012

[quote]it's not his fault he couldn't find Lybia. He was using Apple Maps!

Apple maps shouldn't have to help him find that! We've been married for...oh wait, I thought you meant something else. Never mind.

by Anonymousreply 3411/28/2012

I hope this doesn't mean we're going to have another year of waiting for a consensus before the Dems get anything done.

by Anonymousreply 3511/28/2012

Usually, the President hosts former Presidents at some point, but I assumed mending fences with defeated rivals was usually undertaken in private, as with McGovern and Nixon later meeting by chance on a plane, and becoming good friends by the end of the flight.

by Anonymousreply 3611/28/2012

Oh, shit. I read that as 'Romney Lynching at the White House!'

by Anonymousreply 3711/28/2012

I don't know, it's just that Romney has shown himself to have absolutely no redeemable qualities, so aside from that lawn care business, I wouldn't want anything to do with him.

by Anonymousreply 3811/28/2012

Mitt nibbled a humble salad and sipped an Evian water. "I like to maintain a healthy lifestyle."

by Anonymousreply 3911/28/2012

I was just about to write the same thing, R37. I honestly read it that way. Momentarily flummoxed.

by Anonymousreply 4011/28/2012

Hope obama takes the railing off the Truman balcony and tells Mittens, "Please, proceed!"

by Anonymousreply 4111/28/2012

r34 gets a WW

by Anonymousreply 4211/28/2012

[quote]Oh, shit. I read that as 'Romney Lynching at the White House!'

Me, too! haha

I took a glance at the thread watcher on the right and had to do a double-take. XD

by Anonymousreply 4311/28/2012

I hope they are told to enter the White House through the Service Entrance when they come knocking at the front door.

by Anonymousreply 4411/28/2012

I hate Romney with passion. But I think the President shows class and grace. Always has and always will.. I don't think he'll give 2 figs about Rmoney might say. We already know Obama thinks Romney is full of shit.

Rmoney can look and maybe touch but will be going home at the end of the meal! Enjoy it while you can, mofo. You can't buy your way into the WH - you gotta be invited just like the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 4511/28/2012

I take it as a sign that Obama continues to be badly served, and still takes bad advice.

by Anonymousreply 4611/28/2012

Like Clinton telling Mitt it was all Sandy's fault. Mittens will lap up whatever. I'll he's served.

by Anonymousreply 4811/28/2012

It would be sweet if they walked through the place and every television was showing that 47% video.

by Anonymousreply 4911/28/2012

r45, the right wing fanatics will see it either as weakness where Obama NEEDS Romney and his advice or will see it as rude gloating.

Has Romney even accepted the invitation? I don't think he will since it will benefit Obama more than him to be part in that photo OP.

by Anonymousreply 5011/28/2012

You're just wrong, r46. Obama is in total control. This is a very smart move, costing him nothing (well, save you and Della's un-fairly suspicious postings...) and it is all part of showing the GOP who's boss in this 'fiscal cliff' business.

Just wait. And watch. And pay attention.

by Anonymousreply 5111/28/2012

[quote]Like Clinton telling Mitt it was all Sandy's fault. Mittens will lap up whatever.

I bet he'll come out of it saying "The president said I should've been elected."

by Anonymousreply 5211/28/2012

R47, what delusion are you under that Obama owes anything to Romney? If you're implying that Romney basically gave Obama the win, then

I'm not even going to finish that sentence. Away with you.

by Anonymousreply 5311/28/2012

I can't believe Obama would even stoop to inviting that pig to the WH, after all the lies and distortions he and his campaign pulled. If I were Obama, I wouldn't even acknowledge the asshole's existence in the world.

by Anonymousreply 5411/28/2012

I certainly hope lunch isn't served buffet style. Mitt, as we all know, is always first in line.

by Anonymousreply 5511/28/2012

Funny, R55

by Anonymousreply 5611/28/2012

R50, who gives a flying fruity-tootie what right wing fanatics might say? He's damned if does something, damned if he doesn't. Obama's not trying to appeal to those ninnies. He wants the rest of us (liberals and moderate independents and Repubs., if any still exist) to know what he's about.

Obama will be tougher this term but I don't see how being more gracious than the other side in this instance hurts him. People keep expecting Obama to act like an "angry Black man" or be an asshole. THAT'S NOT HIM. Never has been him so why all the "golly gee whizzes?"

by Anonymousreply 5711/28/2012

thank you r57.

by Anonymousreply 5811/28/2012

Right after dinner, the Romneys will be treated to a White House command performance of "The Book of Mormon."

by Anonymousreply 6111/28/2012

Obama inviting Romney into The White House is more than disappointing. Romney's recent remarks about Obama promising the masses "gifts" should have finally disqualified Shitt from ever darkening door of The White House. Romney is a fucking liar. Obama is once again giving in to these douchebags.

If Obama wants to make inroads with the Repugs, then have Boehner over for lunch and get something accomplished concerning the 'fiscal cliff.' Obama does not need Romney, who is now persona non grata among Repugs.

by Anonymousreply 6211/28/2012

No, it'll be "Latter Days!"

by Anonymousreply 6311/28/2012

Why? You know Mitt would never had done this had he been elected. What the hell Obama.!

by Anonymousreply 6411/28/2012

Are you kidding? Mitt would have been at the White House the next day measuring the drapes and giving orders.

by Anonymousreply 6511/28/2012

"Mitt, in honor of your visit, every dish has alcohol in it."

by Anonymousreply 6611/28/2012

So tired of this olive branch BS when the best Dems ever got from Repugs was a stick in the eye. This reaching-across-the-aisle crap shows Obama's inherent weakness...folks like Rove and Cheney are laughing. It is time to use whatever "bully" pulpit we have and quit the pandering and forgiveness. He L-O-S-T.

by Anonymousreply 6711/28/2012

they are all friends!

by Anonymousreply 6811/28/2012

Ann would have dropped off a hamper of dirty magic underwear.

"Shelley, dear, launder these for me by tonight. And have those girls of yours brush Rafalca for me, too. I'll bet they're good with a brush and have nice strong arms like their mother. They'll find him grazing on that little dirt patch you call a garden. [sniff]"

by Anonymousreply 6911/28/2012

He'd better pay for his own goddamned food and not expect even more handouts from the taxpayers' pockets.

by Anonymousreply 7011/28/2012

And will the girls go out and do some shopping together?

by Anonymousreply 7111/28/2012

I start to feel supportive of Obama--and then he goes and does something like this goddamn boneheaded move. Obama is always bending over and letting these douchebags fuck him right up the ass--as if he has to be friendly to the likes of Shitt Romney.

Why invite Romney to The White House? No need whatsoever. Work with Repugs who are relevant if the need for having lunch is so goddamn strong. But remember, the Repugs would never be inviting Obama to The White House if the tables were turned.

by Anonymousreply 7211/28/2012

r72 and many of the rest of you. You are being childish. You are not seeing the big picture.

The president holds all the cards, and he knows it. This is a power move.

by Anonymousreply 7311/28/2012

To a man that the republicans don't want r73? A man who changes position so much, you don't know what side he's on? How is this a power move?

by Anonymousreply 7411/28/2012

I agree with R72, and others who've expressed similar sentiments.

It really annoys me that Obama insists on being so fucking magnanimous to vermin like Romney and other similar, worthless Repugs. They don't respect it, and it is of absolutely no benefit to him, or anyone he serves in the office of President.

As others have said, the Repugs will just look at this as appeasement on Obama's part, which is, in fact, what it is. I can't believe he hasn't learned his lesson on this yet. Keeping on with this approach in the face of evidence of its failure tells me that he feels this kind of 'reaching out' behavior is crucial to his self-image.

by Anonymousreply 7511/28/2012

R73, please do explain exactly how this is a "power move."

by Anonymousreply 7611/28/2012

It's a Grand Gesture.

It's showmanship.

It's magnanimous.

Even if Obama secretly would love nothing more than to kick Romney hard in the balls, he is doing this to take away any last gasp lies the GOP wants to tell about the president NOT 'working with' them. Romney is merely a pawn in this play. I do not think Obama is planning on offering Mitt a position in his cabinet, but when this lunch is over I guarantee Romney will give a few pro-Obama soundbytes that will bite Fox News and the House leadership right in the ass. As I said. Wait and see. The goddamned event hasn't happened yet and you are whining as if Obama drop-kicked Joe Biden and replaced him with Romney.

Get a grip and think a little deeper about WHY Obama would be doing this.

by Anonymousreply 7811/28/2012

Keep your enemies closer...

by Anonymousreply 7911/28/2012

Obama will move more to the right

by Anonymousreply 8011/28/2012

whats for lunch? fish and dips?

by Anonymousreply 8111/28/2012

This lunch bullshit is not a "power move" in any sense of the word regardless of the fact that Obama has the power. It is a "fuck me more" move and some deep psychological need that Obama has to please his enemies--and yet they still end up hating him.

Obama should not be wasting his time on irrelevant Repugs like Romney, who the Repug party now hates.

If Obama feels the need to "reach across the aisle," then he should be talking to Boehner, who by the way just today said he would not go along taxing the rich, an issue on which Obama campaigned. At least lunch with Boehner would show the public that Obama continues to care enough that we don't go off the "fiscal cliff."

But lunch with fucking lying douchebag Romney? How is this benefitting anyone other than Romney? It will not solve anything nor make a dent in this financial crisis facing the country.

Obama disappoints me time and time again. Hillary would have told Romney to go fuck off. She would not be having lunch with this asshole.

by Anonymousreply 8211/28/2012

Obama knows what he's doing. There's got to be a good reason.

by Anonymousreply 8311/28/2012

[quote]Even if Obama secretly would love nothing more than to kick Romney hard in the balls, he is doing this to take away any last gasp lies the GOP wants to tell about the president NOT 'working with' them.

R78. Romney is not "one of them" any longer. he lost. The Repugs don't like him or want him around.

If Obama wants to show that he's "working with them," then work with the Repugs who hold office and at least have some of the power. Do not have fucking lunch with someone who has no power and no influence any longer--and quite frankly never did. Romney is disliked even by those in his own party who supported him.

by Anonymousreply 8411/28/2012

Let it go PUMA @ r62, r72, r82. You're irrationally upset by this little thing.

FFS Hillary lost. Let. It. Go.

by Anonymousreply 8511/28/2012

r82, you are an idiot. Puma much?

Hillary HERSELF would tell you to stfu and let Obama play this out.

by Anonymousreply 8611/28/2012

I say that as a Hillary voter/supporter, by the way.

by Anonymousreply 8711/28/2012

Will the WH serve bologna sandwiches with American cheese and Hi-Cs?

by Anonymousreply 8811/28/2012

R86/R87. You don't know what you're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 8911/28/2012

R82, I'm not going to accuse you of being a PUMA, but what you definitely ARE doing is hysterically overreacting to a fucking LUNCH. Good God! Also, anyone who seriously thinks Romney is going to come out of this with ANY sort of job or favor is deluded; this thing is for appearance's sake only.

by Anonymousreply 9011/28/2012

R90. No, Romney is not getting a position in the Obama administration. I never thought he would.

But what "appearance" is this supposed to convey? Please don't say it's to be gracious or appear to be "working" with his rival. I reject that whole premise. Obama gets nothing from this "appearance," while Romney gets legitimacy--but deserves nothing of the sort.

by Anonymousreply 9111/28/2012

Have you people not learned to trust Obama yet? He's got this.

Being a gracious winner costs NOTHING.

by Anonymousreply 9211/28/2012

I don't think it's a big deal. He's sitting down with business leaders this week to discuss the fiscal cliff, and they were all talking shit about him a month ago, too.

I do think that it just popped out of his mouth during his victory speech. I remember at the time that it sounded odd and off the cuff. Of course, once he said it, he has to do it.

On the other hand, it might not hurt to let the Mormons see him playing nice. If nothing else, it can only help Harry Reid.

I understand the anger in this thread, but take comfort in the fact that it's probably a coin toss whether Obama or Romney is dreading it more.

by Anonymousreply 9311/28/2012

Thank YOU r92.

FFS people. Calm your tits.

by Anonymousreply 9411/28/2012

[quote]ut what "appearance" is this supposed to convey? Please don't say it's to be gracious or appear to be "working" with his rival.

It's supposed to convey a message to moderates who voted for Romney but don't irrationally "hate" Obama that the fences have been mended. Nothing more, nothing less.

by Anonymousreply 9511/28/2012

r92, the not trusting him comes from years of seeing Democrates always doing this but always getting shafted by the Republicans. Republicans play dirty and the Democrates always have to play clean. *I* am tired of seeing this, I can't speak for anyone else here.

This lunch will not get Obama any points anywhere, so why entertain it? The excuses put up here is even worse. A "power move"...I don't think so.

by Anonymousreply 9611/28/2012

The Mary on this thread is thick.

by Anonymousreply 9711/28/2012

Agree R97.

People who are complaining about this invitation are the same brilliant minds who would have said the President should never have invited Chris Christie ("Obama, couldn't find a light switch in a darkened room") to ride in Marine 1.

by Anonymousreply 9811/28/2012

When Obama spoke on election night, he said something to the effect that he planned to meet with Romney & explore ways in which Romney could contribute to the administration's goal of helping the country to achieve full economic recovery for all Americans (or some such thing).

It was a gracious platitude, & now he's following through & actually discussing the future with Romney. Since Romney has nothing to offer anyone, the chat will no doubt be brief but at least Obama will have made a polite overture.

The President has good manners & this is the right thing to do.

by Anonymousreply 9911/28/2012

exactly, r98.

and again, HRC would be the first to tell them so.

by Anonymousreply 10011/28/2012

Obama will offer Romney the post of Commerce Secretary.

by Anonymousreply 10111/28/2012

No way, R101.

by Anonymousreply 10211/28/2012

R101. The Democrats all over the country would go out of their ever-lovin' fucking minds if Obama offered Romney anything--and rightfully so.

Romney will be offered lunch. That's all. And then shown the door. The two men disagree on just about everything. Obama shouldn't even offer him lunch. Period.

by Anonymousreply 10311/28/2012

Barack: And this is the Lincoln bedroom.

Mitt: (stares deeply into Barack's eyes) Hmmmmmmm....

by Anonymousreply 10411/28/2012

Mitt and Ann are bringing the boys and they are going to stage a coup, just you wait and see.

by Anonymousreply 10511/28/2012

"Come on, dad, let me take a swing at him?"

by Anonymousreply 10611/28/2012

One imagines a version of the following scene:

by Anonymousreply 10711/28/2012

fly

by Anonymousreply 10811/28/2012

[quote]the President should never have invited Chris Christie to ride in Marine 1.

They had to scrap that helicopter. It would no longer fly level - kept tipping to the side where Christie sat. Apparently his weight caused the rotors to bend.

by Anonymousreply 10911/28/2012

The Republicans were dead and hated in 2008, even by most Republicans. Obama opened the door for them to quickly get back in power. The Republicans had most of the control in Obama's first term. So it's understandable that some people hate to see signs of Obama's newly grown balls perhaps starting to disappear again.

by Anonymousreply 11011/28/2012

[quote]signs of Obama's newly grown balls

If anything, inviting the single MOST neutered Republican in the country to lunch -- while telling Boehner and his lot to basically fuck off -- says a whole *hell* of a lot about Obama and his balls.

by Anonymousreply 11111/28/2012

Lies are part and parcel of most modern campaign. Hillary and Bill were downright vicious towards Obama during the 2008 primaries and look how famously they all get along now.

If Obama's team can find an intelligent way to use Romney and bring the country together then it's only beneficial to him.

The fact of the matter is the country has never been this fundamentally divided since the Civil War and, frankly, it makes me nervous. Anything to soften the edge and anxiety that this country is in right now is welcomed.

by Anonymousreply 11211/28/2012

Do you think the little lady will be joining them?

Call me Çuntressa Ann

by Anonymousreply 11311/28/2012

Come on, DL people. Mittens got over 50 million votes from American idiots. President re-elect Obama and his staff know what they're doing. This trivial lunch shows Presidential class and grace.

And by accepting the invitation, the Moron demonstrates that he accepts that our president has been legitimately elected. Some right-wing freaks need to see that to prevent further gunfire.

Those of you wearing tin hats and reading into this lunch as a sign of weakness or compromise are in for a surprise in the coming years. Nancy Pelosi stayed minority House Speaker for a reason. These will be good years of lasting, significant policy change for us. Catastrophe has been averted. Don't even get me started on the Supreme Court.

by Anonymousreply 11411/28/2012

r114 is the voice of reason.

Obama has done more in 4 years than any president has done in the past 40 in regards to progressing this country forward. He has consistently outsmarted and outplayed the Republicans yet still some of you doubt him. The man has a reason for every move.

by Anonymousreply 11511/28/2012

"Hello, Governor. How was your flight from Romnesia?"

by Anonymousreply 11611/28/2012

Mitt's going to demonstrate how to transport Bo on the roof of Air Force One.

by Anonymousreply 11711/28/2012

Hello, Mr President, I've brought my white horse.

by Anonymousreply 11811/28/2012

Just wonder what Fox is going to say after this petite lunch. Will they begrudge Obama just a little praise for being so diplomatic? They seem to enjoy spreading controversy, and sadly many Americans listen to their rhetoric.

by Anonymousreply 11911/28/2012

chess, people

by Anonymousreply 12011/28/2012

[quote]Those of you wearing tin hats and reading into this lunch as a sign of weakness or compromise are in for a surprise in the coming years.

R114. Obama has a weak and compromising to a fault character flaw. He's always trying to get people who hate him to like him. And that's exactly what this lunch is--a weak and compromising character flaw.

by Anonymousreply 12111/29/2012

I don't necessarily think he cares if they "like" him or not. I think he astutely realizes that politics is all just a game of tit for tat. Politics is not for the ideologues...on either side. You have to be willing to move towards the center to effectively govern a nation as diverse in opinion as ours is.

As the man has said a million times, he's not the President of just the blue states but the red states as well. His understanding of this basic concept is what makes him so much better than most conservatives out there. Bush basically told liberals to go fuck ourselves during his reign of ineptitude and look where that got him...the odious title of most reviled President in modern history.

by Anonymousreply 12211/29/2012

Obama could reach across the aisle and invite Republicans to lunch who are actually elected officials to show he's working to get things done. This lunch with Romney is a waste of fucking time. It makes Obama look weak and it elevates Romney. It's bullshit and a mistake that Obama even mentioned it in his acceptance speech on election night.

by Anonymousreply 12311/29/2012

[quote]And that's exactly what this lunch is--a weak and compromising character flaw.

Oh, garbage. It's a meaningless courtesy; nothing more.

[quote]It makes Obama look weak and it elevates Romney.

Only if you're an idiot or a concern troll. To the rest of us, it's a non-issue, something that will be out of the news in a day.

[quote]It's bullshit

Speaking of bullshit....

by Anonymousreply 12411/29/2012

R121/R123 is trying too hard to be Maureen O'Dowd, blabbing on fatuously with her inane psychobabble.

by Anonymousreply 12511/29/2012

At least she writes better though. r121/123 writes like a struggling middle schooler.

by Anonymousreply 12611/29/2012

Sleazy Rmoney makes me uncomfortable, especially in the White House. The man has no monetary morals.

by Anonymousreply 12711/29/2012

Well, I hate Romney, so I hate that he's even allowed near the White House, but after that stunning campaign Obama just ran, I'll have to trust that he knows what he's doing.

by Anonymousreply 12811/29/2012

Oh--and I'm not going to join the throngs of Republicans who jab him, there are enough of those.

by Anonymousreply 12911/29/2012

People please, this is no different than the ancient Romans parading their captured prisoners through the city in chains.

No one is gonna get confused about who is the President and who is the President's loser bitch in this little drama. Romney might as well wear a dog collar and let Obama walk him on a leash today; Hell, strap on a ball gag while we're at it.

Mitt will try to play it for the cameras. He'll drive up to the gate himself in some Ford Taurus rental car, and do his Jimmy Stewart routine for the press, but it won't matter.

by Anonymousreply 13011/29/2012

r130 GETS it.

Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 13111/29/2012

Mitt's going to offer Barrack a billion dollars to hand over the Presidency to him. I bet he accepts and I will be your Queen afterall! Exciting day!!!

by Anonymousreply 13211/29/2012

will he be crunching his CHEERIOOOOS!!!

by Anonymousreply 13311/29/2012

[quote]He's always trying to get people who hate him to like him

you sound like a real head-case. Glad I don't know you

by Anonymousreply 13411/29/2012

Not chess. Just stupid.

by Anonymousreply 13511/29/2012

Romney is not a leader of ANY kind.

Obama is probably doing this to encourage people to government service. Which is ridiculous. Encourage good people to public service, not the Romneys of this world.

by Anonymousreply 13611/29/2012

Would you people please get a grip!

by Anonymousreply 13711/29/2012

"waste of time"? Are you his social secretary?

And those of who who call him weak must not have observed the historic, widely admired campaign he ran.

by Anonymousreply 13811/29/2012

Reports?

by Anonymousreply 13911/29/2012

pic

by Anonymousreply 14011/29/2012

Romney has proved he sought public service not to help the people but to loot, pillage, and rape them. When Obama's ad said Romney didn't care about the 47%, Romney was not being misquoted. Romney said he could never persuade the 47% to vote for him because they were morally reprehensible leeches, but he was not just talking about his election strategy. He was defining the 47% as morally inferior people who need correction. White Americans don't really know what it means when the guy in charge hates you with a passion - Calvin Coolidge I suppose may have hated the human race in general, but that's not the same thing - but it would have been a great tragedy for the nation and the world had Romney gotten in the White House. Everything he's said since the election has been to confirm that 1) he held that attitude; 2) that he felt it was enough to bribe the electorate with false promises to win, indicating that his promises were just that; 3) that he really really hates the public, which he sees as morally inferior beings.

by Anonymousreply 14111/29/2012

This would never happen, but it would be so amazing if Obama fucked with Romney by serving fried chicken and greens just to get his reaction. I would kill to see that.

by Anonymousreply 14211/29/2012

[quote]I start to feel supportive of Obama--and then he goes and does something like this goddamn boneheaded move.

I think its pretty smooth, almost a little mean even in a passive aggressive way. "I love this house, Mitt. You can really feel the spirits of Lincoln, JFK... you know, the other Leaders of the Free World, walking down these halls. Want to see the room where I met with Queen Elizabeth?"

There's no downside - Obama looks Presidential and bipartisan, Mitt can't refuse because the POTUS requested his presence. Mitt will clearly make a tone deaf remark about the lunch, further sullying his reputation. If the right wing attacks him on it they'll just look more nuts. Its great.

by Anonymousreply 14311/29/2012

I love how in the pic of them shaking hands, Obama is standing on the Presidential Seal. Ha!

by Anonymousreply 14411/29/2012

Obama is thinking of how great this will look in history books at when visitors see this gracious photo in his Presidential Library. You knew that though, right?

by Anonymousreply 14511/29/2012

[quote]fried chicken and greens

I don't see why Romney wouldn't like that. As long s there is no caffeine in it, I'm sure he'd eat with gusto

by Anonymousreply 14611/29/2012

Isn't this the time of year when the PRESIDENT gets to pardon a turkey anyway?

by Anonymousreply 14711/30/2012

The pictures of the White House Christmas decorations are gorgeous. And Bo is everywhere! There's a Bo stuffed animal, a Bo christmas ornament on the WH tree, a marzipan Bo in front of the gingerbread White House. The Obama's know how to treat a family member with love and respect. I want to think that as Romney and Obama strolled through the WH looking at all the decorations, Obama turned to Romney and asked "So how is Seamus?"

by Anonymousreply 14811/30/2012

And now that we finished lunch, I have a special guest to entertain you...

by Anonymousreply 14911/30/2012

[quote]Still, Romney did not get the warmest of welcomes coming into the White House gates. The Secret Service said a man interfered with his vehicle as it arrived at a secure checkpoint near the White House. The man was later interviewed by an officer and became combative, the Secret Service said. He was charged with assault on a police officer and unlawful entry.

Okay, which one of you Dataloungers was acting an ass yesterday?

by Anonymousreply 15011/30/2012

R149! Hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 15111/30/2012

He got served white turkey.

Hilariously apt!

by Anonymousreply 15211/30/2012

Do you think the Mormons have already baptized all the past dead presidents?

by Anonymousreply 15311/30/2012

R153, yep. They've even done President Obama's mom (though the church claims it was "unauthorized"):

by Anonymousreply 15411/30/2012

Hopefully they served him only 53% of the lunch. And I hope he got gas from it. The last we see of him please!

by Anonymousreply 15511/30/2012

Romney is making a HUGE mistake.

After all we’ve learned about him, I know in my guy he see’s through Obama’s phony words, handshake, but it appears to me Romney, even though having lost, still wants to help save the country.

Sometimes, Mitt, the heart does NOT know best. If you give him any suggestions to help imrove the economy, he’ll widdle away at it until it reasonably (or completey) goes with his Marxist/Socilaist/and Communist views, then try to implement it, and if it works, he’ll claim he was right and, assuming he finally just admits he’s a Socilaist (which I think is coming in 2013/2014), that Capitalism faled and Sociaism was right and that’s where we need to go.

The history books will be re-written and the whole generation of young Useful Idiots will think Obama was right all along, and we’ll have DOOMED this country, and — might I add — Mitt’s children and grandchildren.

Reagan said if we lose it, we’d be explaining to our grandchildren what it was once like in American when men were free. No, they’ll be looking over their shoulder like in Soviet Russia, to make sure nobody hears them say that, then cowardly close their mouth. And hope that people, and family, don’t turn them in (like happened in Soviet Russia; have a disagreement with your neighbor or spouse? Contact the KGB and tell them they are spys/have forbidden materials/against the sate, etc).

by Anonymousreply 15611/30/2012

[quote]he see’s through

Oh, dear. R156, sweetie, I thought they taught English as a second language in trailer parks now.

But of course, you're probably just a bored troll trying to rile up the 'mos. Your misspellings are patently contrived and your wandering "argument" is lame.

No one gives a flying fuck about Mitt's grand-crotch fruit. I think you know that. . . .

by Anonymousreply 15711/30/2012

Why would Romney demean himself like that? He doesn't owe Obama anything.

by Anonymousreply 15811/30/2012

Could R156 be any more fucking clueless and stupid?

by Anonymousreply 15911/30/2012

Romney wore his nauseating half smile, half smirk. He's a douchebag. I'm pisseed that Obama invited Romney to The White House.

I hope lunch was terribly awkward for both of them.

by Anonymousreply 16011/30/2012

I have to say that R156's post is the funniest post I've seen on here all day. God, I hope that was a troll post.

[quote]If you give him any suggestions to help imrove the economy

Dear heart, we *know* what Romney wanted to do to "imrove" [sic] the economy. Sadly for you, and for Romney, Romney's proposals didn't add up and didn't make any sense. Thankfully, he won't have the opportunity to try to implement any of them and we, as a country, will be better off.

[quote]Marxist/Socilaist/and Communist views

LOL.... Not only do you not know what those words mean, you can't even spell all of them. You should work on that.

[quote]assuming he finally just admits he’s a Socilaist (which I think is coming in 2013/2014), that Capitalism faled and Sociaism was right and that’s where we need to go.

Dear heart, Obama is a cautious centrist; he's always been a cautious centrist; he'll always be a cautious centrist. Deal with it.

[quote]Reagan said if we lose it, we’d be explaining to our grandchildren what it was once like in American when men were free.

Yeah, and he said that about implementing Medicare. He looks really stupid now, doesn't he?

Like I said, this was hilarious. Thanks for the laugh.

by Anonymousreply 16111/30/2012

[quote]Marxist/Socilaist/and Communist

Oh how I wish he were.

by Anonymousreply 16211/30/2012
Need more help? Click Here.