Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Target is coming to Canada

Do they still give to anti-gay causes in the United States?

I'm just wondering if it's OK to shop there or would I be supporting an anti-gay company.

I'm assuming Target Canada would have fair and equitable policies and practices and wouldn't donate to any hate groups. But money spent there benefits the parent company, no?

by Anonymousreply 1311/28/2012

[quote]Do they still give to anti-gay causes in the United States?

Yes but we're supposed to ignore that because they sold some lame gay pride t shirts once. So that makes the MANY MANY anti-gay donations just fine according to the idiots at the HRC.

by Anonymousreply 111/28/2012

Well they sold gay pride shirts in the US this year.

by Anonymousreply 211/28/2012

And R1's point is made by the moron at R2.

by Anonymousreply 311/28/2012

Anti-gay is increasingly popular in Canada. Look at their anti-gay PM, Stephen Harper.

That is why Target and Lowes moved up there.

Chick-fil-a is next!

by Anonymousreply 411/28/2012

Target used to be one of the most pro-gay companies in the land, so you see what can happen.

by Anonymousreply 511/28/2012

Surely there is no troll more tedious than the Stephen Harper troll at R4.

by Anonymousreply 611/28/2012

Huffington Post Gay Voices gives Target high marks for equality. Says it's the place for us mos to shop.

by Anonymousreply 711/28/2012

Huffington Post Gay Voices has Michelangelo Signorile as Editor-at-large. Target must be fine for 'mos to shop at if MS has deemed it "OK"!

by Anonymousreply 811/28/2012

They're still owned by a D family and one of the members of it ran for congress and won & served for years.

Here's what I love about them, their food section is pretty great -- I can get non-fat cottage cheese there that tastes great.

I love that they have 4 different brands of natural cleaners and carry the complete lines.

And their cleaning section is better than Walmart. I just bought this tile-grout remover by Scotch-Brite, and Target is the only place carrying it. It is awesome. It is just a tool for cleaning the grout and my shower has now gone from scary gross & brown in the tile to clean by using it. I'll link to the tool if anyone else is interested.

by Anonymousreply 911/28/2012

It wasn't Target that donated to anti-gay causes, it was executive employees of the corporation.

by Anonymousreply 1011/28/2012

[quote]recent evaluations of these promises revealed no increased transparency in Target's political donations, and, perhaps most importantly, according to gay organization's working with the retailer and its gay employees, its "revamped" commitment to LGBT equality hasn't exactly been realized.

[quote]Target's anti-gay problem was further compounded in 2011 when Lady Gaga ended an exclusive promotional deal based solely on the company's homophobic actions in March and again in April when the retailer engaged in a full-throttled court battle against marriage equality advocates who had canvassed outside a San Diego store. Target lost its lawsuit, btw.

by Anonymousreply 1111/28/2012

In spite of Targets homophobia, Walmart in Canada is terrible. The prices are so much higher than in the US Walmarts.

Hopefully Target will make Canada more price competitive.

by Anonymousreply 1211/28/2012

R10 is correct.

Only terrible idiots would ever shop at Walmart.

by Anonymousreply 1311/28/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!