Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Dead people's Facebook & Myspace pages

This site can get very addicting...and depressing, and anxiety-inducing:

by Anonymousreply 5812/03/2012

Here's a gay guy, murdered by his bf:

by Anonymousreply 111/28/2012

One of my friends passed away from cancer a few months back. I still get those automatic updates from the businesses, companies, etc., that she 'liked'. I'll open up FB and see, "Cathy likes...". It's a little odd seeing it when you know she's gone.

by Anonymousreply 211/28/2012

19yo twat crashes her Lamborghini

by Anonymousreply 311/28/2012

I can't click on any of those links but that URL is cracking me up.

by Anonymousreply 411/28/2012

That site is disturbing and creepy! Why so many suicides? Mainly male suicides. Do you think they were in the closet?

by Anonymousreply 511/28/2012

I'm surprised by how many train-related deaths there are! I'd sure hate to be a train operator!

by Anonymousreply 611/28/2012

I don't see their facebook or myspace pages, just articles about their deaths. Am I missing something?

by Anonymousreply 711/28/2012

I knew my late partner's password and took down his page after he died. I also closed his yahoo! account. I didn't want people to get weirded out ala R2.

by Anonymousreply 811/28/2012

Once you click to read their article, there is a link to their FB/myspace page under their picture.

by Anonymousreply 911/28/2012

O.M.G., R1.

I googled the guy who murdered his boyfriend and he is SO FUCKING HOT.

The gay guy who was murdered was 46, and his boyfriend, Omar Ibrahim was 21.

I had to see what he looked like.

Imagine my surprise when I googled him. FUCK!

What an awful story, but I am kinda floored at how handsome the murderer is. You really never know about people, huh?

by Anonymousreply 1211/28/2012

MySpace links don't work for me but, the woman who ran over the extension cord with her lawnmower makes me sure to be super careful when edging the hedges. I got lucky!

by Anonymousreply 1311/28/2012

What's MySpace ???

by Anonymousreply 1411/28/2012

Yikes. So much for adopting a pet ! Unless you go for a small lapdog.

by Anonymousreply 1511/28/2012

If you look at the pics of some, like Kevin C., you can see the illness setting in his eyes. The brain in malfunctioning. The eyes don't focus, they're off in different directions but just slightly. So sad, a dad. Recognize the look of the brain going haywire and step in.

by Anonymousreply 1611/28/2012

r5, not to be a dick but a lot of those male suicides do have "gay face". We're on the cusp of something big with gay acceptance. It's really gathering momentum. The finer people get it. Some just know the consequences of living a lie of a life and devastating families. Nobody wants the straight woman looking for love to be duped. Gay acceptance will eradicate that. It's really coming to a turning point and such a great time to be alive. Blows away the Berlin Wall revelations because it's so cosmopolitan. Stay tuned.

by Anonymousreply 1711/28/2012

Be sure to shop around before you select your anger management counselor.

by Anonymousreply 1811/28/2012

You know, R16 I never noticed, but quite a few of those suicide guys have squinty eyes. Oh bless.

by Anonymousreply 1911/28/2012

That story is BIZARRE, R18.

He was a very handsome and successful 45 year old man, who could have had some hot women.

Instead, he married a 57 year old.

I wonder what was REALLY going on?

by Anonymousreply 2011/28/2012

r12, really? He has absolutely no cheekbone and a big clayish nose. Too deep set eyes. I guess my standards are just higher.

by Anonymousreply 2111/28/2012

Thanks, R12. You're right. He is very hot.

He'll be very popular in the prison yard, the murdering SOB.

by Anonymousreply 2211/28/2012

[quote] He has absolutely no cheekbone and a big clayish nose. Too deep set eyes. I guess my standards are just higher.

I like masculine rough trade. So sue me!

by Anonymousreply 2311/28/2012

R20 ... maybe his wife was a really hot 57 year old. Anyway, they had two sons, so I'm sure they'd been married for quite a while (unless the wife had children really late in life).

by Anonymousreply 2411/28/2012

R8 - I don't really get weirded out by it. It's kind of nice to see, actually. The first time I saw it I was like, "OMG, she's trying to send a message from beyond!!" I didn't actually believe that, but it was nice to be reminded about her. I can see where it might be difficult for some people to have that happen, though. You could always 'unfriend' the person, but to me that wouldn't seem right, at least with my friend.

by Anonymousreply 2511/28/2012

Wow, I thought this site would be full of cancer and accidents, but they're all suicide. Very sad.

by Anonymousreply 2611/28/2012

R20. He probably married the 57 y/o because he thought she stood to inherit from the 88 y/o aunt. Then she divorced him and his plan backfired. Maybe they ran up a lot of debt thinking there was a big payday coming, and then he got stuck with all the bills after they divorced.

by Anonymousreply 2711/28/2012

You know something? A lot of these people's deaths were suicide ,and its interesting that they all had one thing in common, the were on the social networking sites, Facebook and MySpace. I think this reveals a lot about many people who are on these two social networking sights.Many are very lonely and depressed in some way or another looking to connect.

by Anonymousreply 2811/28/2012

No R30, I agree with you ,but so many people are becoming isolated and immersed in the internet.

by Anonymousreply 3011/28/2012

Let me just add that I know of some people who are on Facebook for hours and hours communicating with people.

by Anonymousreply 3111/28/2012

They're probably on Facebook for hours and hours typing at people, r32. That's different from communication.

by Anonymousreply 3211/28/2012

there are a LOT of suicides on there ...

by Anonymousreply 3311/28/2012

Some of these are like the opening scene of Six Feet Under. I can't help but giggle, and honestly if I die unexpectedly, I hope it's an amusing finale. For instance:

Josh Ruzsa (19) died when he fell 150 feet off a mountain while trying to escape a swarm of bees.

by Anonymousreply 3411/28/2012

What r24 said. She obviously wasn't 57 when he met her or when he married her.

by Anonymousreply 3511/28/2012

My partner's best friend in college kept sending automatic weekly horoscope related Facebook postings over a year after he died. In fact, partner assumed he was OK and didn't find out his friend had died until it appeared in the school's alumni magazine. Poor guy had been addicted to prescription drugs, unable to hold a job but we still don't know what exactly killed him.

by Anonymousreply 3611/28/2012

The number of young people who died of various cancers is also pretty surprising too.

by Anonymousreply 3712/02/2012

I'm not sure what they mean when they say the person committed suicide by unknown means. Does that mean they overdosed and they don't know what types of drugs it was?

by Anonymousreply 3812/02/2012

I cry the hardest for the hot ones.

by Anonymousreply 3912/02/2012

Some interesting ones:

Ian Turton (45) died after his raft was attacked by crocodiles

Megan Riggans (22) was killed in a car accident while on her way to give birth - her baby also died

Ramon Colorado (42) was shot for cutting in line at a Rite Aid

ShaChela Womack (35) was killed in an auto accident on the way home from her baby shower - her baby also died

Vice President of Suicide.org Betsy Goodale (21) took her own life

Amy Aiton (31) was murdered by her boyfriend after she allegedly told him to stab her

Thomas Kelly (18) died when he was punched by a stranger in an unprovoked attack

by Anonymousreply 4012/02/2012

[quote]That story is BIZARRE, [R18]. He was a very handsome and successful 45 year old man, who could have had some hot women. Instead, he married a 57 year old.

That IS bizarre!

Everyone knows the only reasons anyone ever gets married is for beauty and sex!

by Anonymousreply 4112/02/2012

That website used to allow user comments which frequently became insane. I see they've finally shut that feature down (I remember people wanting the entire site taken down). It's not quite the same now that so many people are using FB which has the option of being set to private. Back in the day it was all myspace pages which were still up and running after everyone's death. It was sad to be able to read their posts from the hours/days before they died and then suddenly BOOM they were gone.

by Anonymousreply 4212/02/2012

It's the ones who die the really bizarre accidental deaths that are really haunting, like this woman who was sitting on a ledge in an apartment highrise and lost her balance and fell to her death.

They're like the dramatic deaths at the beginning of each episode of SIX FEET UNDER. They're so senseless.

by Anonymousreply 4312/02/2012

This one is particularly sad...can you imagine an 11yo killing himself?

by Anonymousreply 4412/02/2012

Killed for making fun of a female classmate for farting!

by Anonymousreply 4512/02/2012

If you go to the actual 'mydeathspace' Facebook page, people can still comment on the articles...

by Anonymousreply 4612/02/2012

Oh my fucking God...

by Anonymousreply 4712/02/2012

R48, that photo with the stuffed panda !!!!

by Anonymousreply 4812/02/2012

Here's more pics from the skeleton fucker:

by Anonymousreply 4912/02/2012

OMG the catman died!!!

by Anonymousreply 5012/02/2012

Nooo! Not Cat Man!!!

by Anonymousreply 5112/02/2012

No surprise there, R51. That catman had issues .... and I suspect he thought he had nine lives.

by Anonymousreply 5212/03/2012

It's really sad how many suicides linked to bullying there are on there. I was bullied severely all throughout middle and high school, but not once did I let them get to me like that.

by Anonymousreply 5312/03/2012

I'd hate to go to school these days R54. At least when I was in school (the '90s), any bullying stopped when I went home. Now all those bullies can still get to you after hours via the internet! And the potential audience for internet bullying is so much larger than just a classroom full of peers. I can only imagine how unrelenting and seemingly hopeless it can get.

by Anonymousreply 5412/03/2012

This one reminds me of that one episode of SATC when that socialite fell out of the window at a party...

by Anonymousreply 5512/03/2012

"When did everybody stop smoking? When did everybody pair off? This used to be the most exciting city in the world and now it's nothing but smoking near a fucking open window. New York is over. O -V - E - R. Over. No one's fun anymore. What ever happened to fun? I'm so bored I could die."

by Anonymousreply 5612/03/2012

[quote]Vice President of Suicide.org Betsy Goodale (21) took her own life

Her sister also took her life:

by Anonymousreply 5712/03/2012
Need more help? Click Here.