Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

We need to vote out the House Repubs in 2014

There, I said it.

To those people who usually stay home in mid-term elections (like 2010), we need to get off our ass like we did this year and vote those mutherfuckers out!

by Anonymousreply 1412/01/2012

Seriously, can't we give politics a break for a while? The repus have been all but exterminated. Time to get some fresh air OP.

by Anonymousreply 211/28/2012

[quote]"They include Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers, R-Wash., who will be the No. 4 House GOP leader."

She's a cunt.

And yes, we need to focus on 2014 and get rid of some more of these idiots. As long as they keep doing what they're doing it won't be much of a problem.

by Anonymousreply 311/28/2012

R2? There's actually a feature where you DON'T HAVE TO CLICK ON A THREAD, if you don't want to read it.

Perhaps you should try it sometime.

Did someone put a gun to your head to make you read this thread? If not, then just SCROLL ON BY!

by Anonymousreply 411/28/2012

You may get your wish, OP; the Republicans will cluelessly rehire me to win them those midterm elections.

by Anonymousreply 511/28/2012

Voting out house Republicans in 2014 would require completely restructuring districts across the country.

Getting out and voting really isn't the answer.

As established by the fact that Democrats for Congress got more votes than Republicans this year.

The reason more Republicans got elected is because of the gerrymandering of districts.

by Anonymousreply 611/28/2012

What R6 said, redistricting unfortunately makes it incredibly unlikely the Dems can capture the House anytime soon. It sucks but just the way it is. The Republicans sweeping all the state legislatures in 2010 when it was a census year was a huge loss for the Dems.

by Anonymousreply 711/28/2012

"We" needed to do it this year, but only managed a few seats gain for the Democrats.

The Red States need to change their ideas. Good luck with that!

by Anonymousreply 811/28/2012

Wish I could, but I live in a totally blue area.

by Anonymousreply 911/28/2012

2014 will be another watershed year for R's. There are more red areas in the country anyway.

More Dems true, but they are concentrated. Just look at the election vote of OH for instance. The state is totally red except for a small patch of blue.

And I'm in CA, blue state, but I noticed that in 2008 Fresno went for BO, this time it was for Romney.

by Anonymousreply 1011/28/2012

[quote]There, I said it.

How brave of you, dear! Have a cookie.

by Anonymousreply 1111/28/2012

Arizona is sending 5 democratic congress perosns to Washington DC for the next session!!!!

This was accomplished by an independent legislative redistricting committee put in place by a propositon and approved by the majority of voters in Arizona.

It wasn't pretty. The state legislators with a super majority of repbulicans did everything in their power to subvert the committee. Repulbican govenor Janet Brewer also tried to prevent them from doing their job. They filed suits against the committee chairperson and and did everything to get back the power to redraw the districts. In the end the republicans still had more districts favorable to them. Yet the voters of Arizona decided for some change.

Hey! If it can happen in Arizona it can happen just about anywhere! If you know any movers in politics in your state, you need to get ahold of them and start the movement in your state. You have to do this before the 2020 census after which congressional district are up for redrawal again. Get a proposition on your next state ballot during the next presidential election, 2016. Make the change. Ohio, Pennsylvania, and all those other states where democrats cast more votes than did republicans! You one vote is just as good as thier's. Use it!

by Anonymousreply 1211/30/2012

We have entered the Reality TV era of the Perpetual Political Campaign.

It IS time to work on 2014.

by Anonymousreply 1311/30/2012

Well, yeah--tell me something I don't know about the fuckin republicans.......

I vote a straight Democratic ticket all the time, but then I live in California is a very Democratic neighborhood in San Diego.

by Anonymousreply 1412/01/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!