Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Oprah May Bring An End To 'O' Magazine...Wants Younger Readers

Despite the fact that it's still one of the best selling magazines in the country, Oprah Winfrey, yesterday, during the magazine's annual conference, announced that she might stop publishing O Magazine.

She revealed that the publication has been badly hit by drops in circulation and ad sales, and that she might stop publishing it, or perhaps, following Newsweek's recent example, switch to an all-digital version of the magazine.

As she was quoted: "I'm not interested, you know, in bleeding money."

Though the magazine still gets a sizeable readership, Winfrey is concerned that the audience mainly skews older - the median age being 49 years old - and that she wants to attract younger readers, say, compared to Vogue, whose readership averages around 35 years old.

As she said, she wants "women in their 30's or perhaps their 20's, to be able to reach out to people when they are looking to fulfill their destiny. By the time you're 40, 42, you should have figured it out already."

by Anonymousreply 1511/27/2012

From Midas to Wide Ass.

by Anonymousreply 111/27/2012

Print magazines are dying a slow death. The ones that survive will move to an all-digital format.

by Anonymousreply 211/27/2012

Yeah,good luck with that Oprah. I understand she wants to recoup her losses but I don't think going after a younger crowd will work for her. She's too deeply associated with the middle aged frau demographic, young women don't want anything to do with her or O.

by Anonymousreply 311/27/2012

"...fulfill their destiny." What utter horseshit! But what else could be expected from someone so utterly self-involved and with a shessiah complex? And the sow is oblivious to her own gargantuan arrogance.

by Anonymousreply 411/27/2012

So the new magazine will be "o"?

by Anonymousreply 511/27/2012

She's probably bored with it, and Editor-at-Large Gayle King is too busy to run what was created to justify keeping her on the payroll.

by Anonymousreply 611/27/2012

She should start a website like the Huffington Post without the politics. Ariana Huffington is the new Oprah.

by Anonymousreply 711/27/2012

BREAKING "I'll Never Stop Making Bad Decisions" Vows Oprah

by Anonymousreply 811/27/2012

nO Magazine.

by Anonymousreply 911/27/2012

Oprah still doesn't get it.

It's YOU they don't like. Nobody likes Oprah anymore. She's an egotistical, bullshit spewing, out-of-touch billionaire, and people just aren't buying what she's selling.

She needs to go away - period. Not just her magazine.

by Anonymousreply 1011/27/2012

But the current O magazine demographic is the one that still reads print magazines. Good luck trying to appeal to a younger audience.

by Anonymousreply 1111/27/2012

People still love Oprah and she still manages to be a cultural force in America even after her show was retired.

by Anonymousreply 1211/27/2012

I think this is more a "warning," telling investors in not so many ways that she is closing her mag

by Anonymousreply 1311/27/2012

I'd lick her smooth foot soles if she asked me to.

by Anonymousreply 1411/27/2012

R14 = Gayle, still riding the gravy train.

by Anonymousreply 1511/27/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!