Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Jenna Bush Hager To Be Contributing Editor to Southern Living Magazine

It's tough times these days in the shrinking media business, with lots of journalists losing jobs and publications disappearing. But not for everyone, such as former presidential daughter Jenna Bush Hager, who's just landed a second gig, as editor-at-large for Southern Living.

Editor-in-chief Lindsay Bierman announced today that Bush Hager will contribute on a quarterly basis, reporting on influential Southerners and important places in the region, plus blogging for the "Daily South" blog and reporting from the CMT Music Awards in June. Her first contribution to the magazine's Paper Napkin Interview, with country star Luke Bryan, will appear in the March issue.

She will continue as a contributing correspondent to NBC's Today show

by Anonymousreply 2804/15/2013

'Southern Living' aka 'Y'all Mag'

by Anonymousreply 111/27/2012

What's her pay?

by Anonymousreply 211/27/2012

Does she still live in Baltimore? I thought she was going to be a school teacher.

by Anonymousreply 311/27/2012

"Dispatches from a Dizzy Drunk Whore"

by Anonymousreply 411/27/2012

She hasn't lived in the South for a decade or more!

by Anonymousreply 511/27/2012

Did she marry one of the Hagar twins?

by Anonymousreply 611/27/2012

Jenna's twin sister does not seem to work. Not sure she has worked at all as a adult. She must live on a trust fund given by her father or grandfather.

The twin lives in New York City and does charitable and/or humanitarian enterprises the last time I read about her.

She also said she doesn't own a TV in order to push herself to do other activities. (this is Jenna's twin)

I need to research her (Jenna's twin) to see if she still is not working and doing charitable works.

by Anonymousreply 711/27/2012

Good for her, all that hard work paid off and she deserves it!

by Anonymousreply 811/27/2012

None of the Bushes seem to work at all, or if they do it's a cush "make your own kind of schedule" job like this one. Must be really fucking nice.

by Anonymousreply 911/27/2012

Is she the blonde or the brunette? The blonde was hotter.

by Anonymousreply 1011/27/2012

R10, in the time you took to type your post, you could have put "Jenna Bush" into and gotten your answer instantaneously - or by then clicking on images, if an image didn't instantly come up

by Anonymousreply 1111/27/2012

She's the blonde.

by Anonymousreply 1211/27/2012

I like Jenna. She's much more liberal than anyone in her family. Barbara, the dark-haired sister is a mystery to me. Jenna is bubbly, outgoing, and vivacious. The other girl is a cipher.

by Anonymousreply 1311/27/2012

Every second of her life could be filed under "Stuff White People Like," so this should work out quite well for her.

by Anonymousreply 1411/27/2012

Can we give all of the Bushes "jobs" so they stay the hell out of policy making?

by Anonymousreply 1511/27/2012

Barbara is the smart one who went to Yale (well, she was probably a legacy admit). Jenna is the drunken party girl (a.k.a. "bubbly, outgoing and vivacious").

by Anonymousreply 1611/27/2012

It is so insulting to call certain women 'bubbly' as if that is a huge positive and enormously great personality trait.

Men are NEVER called 'bubbly'. It would never enter anyone's mind to call a man 'bubbly'.

It is a demeaning adjective reserved for certain women.

If men are not called 'bubbly' then women should not be called bubbly either.

It falls under equality of the sexes.

by Anonymousreply 1711/28/2012

That should work out very well for her.

by Anonymousreply 1811/28/2012

She's awful on Today.

by Anonymousreply 1911/30/2012

Demonspawn, all of them.

by Anonymousreply 2011/30/2012

It's a girl for Jenna Bush.

Nice pic of hubby.

by Anonymousreply 2104/15/2013

Didn't Jenna go to Bowling Green?

by Anonymousreply 2204/15/2013

"None of the Bushes seem to work at all"

I work my f'in ass off, buddy. Do you know how hard it is to maintain a constant state of Snark?

by Anonymousreply 2304/15/2013

I have nothing against Jenna, who, like most of the Bush women, seems to be quite liberal. Can't find the kid for the dad.

That said, I find this media nepotism to be downright maddening. NBC leads the pack. Luke Russert, Mike Brezinski, Chelsea Clinton, Jenna, Willie Geist—all of them have parents whose crucial connections surely got them their jobs. They were all able to get feet in doors that the average person never would've had to have been very lucky to enter. Even worse, some of them (Chelsea and Jenna, in particular) don't seem to have to be particularly good on-air to keep their jobs. They just have to keep their family names, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 2404/15/2013

*Can't FAULT the kid, I should have said

by Anonymousreply 2504/15/2013

Allegedly the Bush daughters are more progressive and support same-sex marriage. They don't bother me. God knows I wouldn't want anyone to judge based on who my father is.

by Anonymousreply 2604/15/2013

[quote]Allegedly the Bush daughters are more progressive and support same-sex marriage. They don't bother me. God knows I wouldn't want anyone to judge based on who my father is.

A Texan coworker of mine once told me that GWB isn't the biological father of the twins and that Poppy Bush is. This lady claimed that Dubya couldn't get it up and Poppy, who always had a roving eye, knocked up Laura. Her story sounded completely implausible to me but I kinda want it to be true.

by Anonymousreply 2704/15/2013

shut up, r27

by Anonymousreply 2804/15/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!