Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Yet another ridiculous facebook drama

OK, not a drama exactly, just an annoying friend.

So, I have this friend (a real one) who is constantly on and off facebook. He has at least two (possibly three) different accounts and is always activating and deactivating one or the other. He enjoys facebook for a while then seems to get bored or annoyed and deactivates. Then he misses keeping in touch with people so he reactivates. And on and on.

But then he includes only some friends but not others. Then everyone. Then only a few. Then he has two accounts going at once; a group on one and a group on the other. Then he cans the whole thing, only to start the whole stupid thing over again.

I've lost track of the numbers of times he's friended and defriended then refriended me.

We're good friends in real life so it doesn't upset me THAT much, but it gets kind of annoying. Other, mutual friends, don't understand what he's doing either.

So what would you do, wise Dataloungers? I'm currently in the deactivated pile but can see that he has another active account (he's not as smart as he thinks he is about covering his tracks). I'm tempted to just block him completely from ever refriending me and put an end to it once and for all.

And the stupidest thing about all of this? He's 50!!!

by Anonymousreply 1711/27/2012

Don't accept his friend requests anymore. Problem solved.

He sounds like a control freak. Like maybe he only starts up again to creep on people and find some gossip. I know a guy who creates a lot of fake accounts on gay sites to keep track of his 'friends' and his ex. It's bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 111/27/2012

I think he enjoys sharing and reading stuff for a while on FB, then gets freaked out and feels that he's putting too much of himself out there. Then gets over it and reactivates.

Thing is, I adore him. I really enjoy interacting with him. In real life, obviously, but also on FB. He's funny and smart and I enjoy his posts and the interaction.

But ... we're friends IRL and that's the important thing.

by Anonymousreply 211/27/2012

Why do you care so much? It's Facebook. If you're seriously going to get that upset (and involved in his comings and goings) you should probably step away and deactivate your own account.

by Anonymousreply 311/27/2012

R3 is right. Your giving Facebook way too much power over your life and your interactions with friends. Enjoy life. :-)

by Anonymousreply 411/27/2012

Or even... god forbid... delete it altogether.

by Anonymousreply 511/27/2012

FB is a game as much as anything else. His behaviour sounds fairly rational for a fucked up social networking site.

by Anonymousreply 611/27/2012

Facebook is completely unnecessary. I've never had an account and don't want one. If someone I know wants to contact me they write a letter (yes, some people still do that), email or call.

Just stop dealing with Facebook. Problem solved.

by Anonymousreply 711/27/2012

Just tell your friend you don't give a fuck what he does with his Facebook one way or the other and let it go. That is all you have to do. Tell him you will not seek him out when he reactivates his Facebook or whatever the hell it is called since it is getting to be a bit of a bother.

If your friend is really your true blue friend he won't give a shit.

by Anonymousreply 811/27/2012

Super boring problem.

by Anonymousreply 911/27/2012

I had a friend like this. He would constantly activate and deactivate just to spy on people. I once randomly posted something about Stalin and about 45 minutes later, he texts me talking about Stalin. When I mentioned what I had written, he claimed that he didn't know what I was talking about and that he wasn't on Facebook. Lies. It just got annoying and old. I ended up blocking him because he went crazy and now I don't have to deal with him spying/creeping and then lying about it.

by Anonymousreply 1011/27/2012

"So, I have this friend"

Sure you do sweetheart, I believe you.

by Anonymousreply 1111/27/2012

R7--they write a letter? that's hilarious. i do this all the time and the reason is because i get paranoid about all the stuff i put out there and delete, feel excluded, re-friend, etc. etc. this thread could be about me (and probably is)..oh well, it's just FB, not real life.

by Anonymousreply 1211/27/2012

I also ahve a friend like this... he is 40 lonely guy. guess he´s angry at someone from facebook...

by Anonymousreply 1311/27/2012

ohmygosh! this is the first time I got to post over here! uhul!

by Anonymousreply 1411/27/2012

you sound stalkeresque OP.

Are you in love with this person?

by Anonymousreply 1511/27/2012

Punch and delete.

by Anonymousreply 1611/27/2012

Seriously, you point out that he has a problem but you're now talking about his problem and that basically makes you worse and more unbalanced than he is.

by Anonymousreply 1711/27/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!