Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Things That Make You Go Hmmmm?

Did you ever just wonder about things? Things I want to know is...

Are there Caveman Ghosts? You always here about ghosts in big period dresses or Revolutionary Soldier uniforms. Well Cavemen are all dead, did even one stick around? Hmmmmm?

Or

Whatever happened to Early American style furniture? It was very popular in the 50's and 60's, even Lucy had in in Conn home. Will it ever come back? Hmmmmmmm?

by Anonymousreply 6611/28/2012

[quote]Are there Caveman Ghosts? You always here about ghosts in big period dresses or Revolutionary Soldier uniforms. Well Cavemen are all dead, did even one stick around? Hmmmmm?

haha, that's a good one, OP. I must say I've never entertained the thought. However, there are even sights of animal ghosts, but none of Neanderthals.

by Anonymousreply 111/27/2012

Or maybe the cavemen had enough time to figure out they were dead

by Anonymousreply 311/27/2012

I think Early American furniture was passed down a few generations and never makes it to the tag sales.

by Anonymousreply 411/27/2012

Along the lines of Caveman Ghosts:

Why is that whenever you (either as a joke, for fun, or because you really believe) go to a "past life" psychic, either the psychic or the past lives that he or she says you had are ALWAYS famous people from the past. How many of the six billion of us actually got to be Caesar, Cleopatra, a Russian novelist, a political prisoner, Euclid, Shakespeare, Jefferson et al? Apparently a whole helluva lot!

by Anonymousreply 511/27/2012

We're baaaaack!

by Anonymousreply 611/27/2012

For people who collect early American antiques, they never go out of style.

As for cavemen, ghosts, souls and the jesus freak at R2, I don't know what to tell you, OP. Well, I do know one thing, if you believe in people having souls being "saved" is certainly not required to have one. I don't know what R2 is on about.

by Anonymousreply 711/27/2012

oh my god

I was joking, R7.

THREAD RUINED

by Anonymousreply 811/27/2012

If Britney Spears were as dumb as they say, how come she always has fun dance hits (more so than Pink, Christina, et al), hmmmmm?

What about Jessica Simpson - if she were dumb, what about her billionaire fashion line (I mean Sarah Jessica's fashion line was a bust),,,hmmmm?

by Anonymousreply 911/27/2012

The thread isn't ruined! Let's keep going! I like your thinking OP. You should watch Cave of Forgotten Dreams. That's where all the cavemen ghosts are hanging out.

by Anonymousreply 1011/27/2012

Mmmmmmmmmmm

by Anonymousreply 1111/27/2012

[quote] I was joking, [R7].

Now R7 will come back and claim that Jesus freaks/republicans/freepers are so crazy that it's impossible to tell a joke from the real thing.

Except it's not impossible. You only need a sense of humor and a modicum of intelligence to recognize a joke post. And it helps not to be mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 1211/27/2012

R9, Sarah Jessica Parker's clothing line failed because it wasn't marketed to the right sort of stables.

by Anonymousreply 1311/27/2012

Let's hope that fake Early American-style furniture never, ever makes a comeback. YUCK!!

If you really and truly want it, haunt donation places, the type that take the stuff others reject.

Sad to think, it IS solid wood and well made, although ugly.

by Anonymousreply 1411/27/2012

eBay used to be filled with people selling off the Ethan Allen Early American style furniture I supposed was left in their parents house when they died.

by Anonymousreply 1511/27/2012

My mother had one of these on either side of our couch. The top held a lamp and the bottom part held that week's newspapers on one side of the couch, and on the other side it held magazines. It's an example of 1960s suburban faux Early American furniture

by Anonymousreply 1611/27/2012

I'm not mentally ill, I have a decent sense of humor and - yes - there are so many fucking freepers and Jesusbots on the DL that I can't tell anymore and neither can most people.

So fuck off, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 1711/27/2012

[quote] neither can most people

Yes they can, douche.

by Anonymousreply 1811/27/2012

R18, people like you always leave the DL eventually. Best of luck.

by Anonymousreply 1911/27/2012

R7 I see what you're saying, but a true DLer would use humor to prove his or her point instead of angry, didactic missives. Up the ante a bit!

by Anonymousreply 2011/27/2012

how come Patty Duke isnt a bigger star like she was in the sixty's early seventy's

by Anonymousreply 2111/27/2012

Why didn't cavemen draw images of satan & hell?

by Anonymousreply 2211/27/2012

They were always thinking of food, R22.

by Anonymousreply 2311/27/2012

OP, it must hurt for you to think.

by Anonymousreply 2411/27/2012

r2/8 was right.

THREAD RUINED!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 2511/27/2012

How come we don't see more dead birds? In any given day we must see hundreds. Yet, the only time I see a dead bird is when it is splat on the pavement (usually a pigeon). The only other time is when they die of weird stuff like West Nile virus.

What gives? Are they simply ascended into heaven bodily like Jesus Christ?

by Anonymousreply 2611/27/2012

do you ever think "wow I'm a descendent of said caveman?" Or "my ancestors were living in huts in the Dark Ages/Middle Ages and must have survived somehow or I wouldn't be here????" I find that kind of freaky to think about. I don't know why. Probably because the odds of surviving to adulthood back then must have been slight. Yet here we are.

by Anonymousreply 2811/27/2012

There is some place out west that is supposedly haunted by Native Americans.

Please, god, don't ever let fake early American make a come back. The ugliest shit I've ever seen. Remember when Carolyn Appleby had Chinese Modern?

by Anonymousreply 2911/27/2012

When people see a bigfoot...it's really just a caveman ghost.

by Anonymousreply 3011/27/2012

Why doesn't the US military put intradermal microchips or tiny GPS locators on deploying soldiers? That way we can track and find them if they go MIA. I am sure the CIA could come up with a tracking device no one else would have or be able to intercept except certain military search teams.

Yes, this has "bugged" me for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 3111/27/2012

Does the Navy really cause animals to beach themselves? Even Mermaids?

by Anonymousreply 3211/27/2012

Who really killed that publicist?

by Anonymousreply 3311/27/2012

Britney is as dumb as they come she just has good producers, R9. And Jessica Simpson is also dumb although her manager or such was smart enough to have her put her name on a clothing line distributed at a national level.

by Anonymousreply 3411/27/2012

Everyone has a soul, including cavemen.

by Anonymousreply 3511/27/2012

Only black people have soul.

by Anonymousreply 3611/27/2012

Most Early-American style furniture was cut up for firewood during the 70's oil embargo.

by Anonymousreply 3711/27/2012

Why when we hear about those ghosts that are doing something they did over and over again in life, are none of these people headed to the bathroom? We do this over and over again every day, and thru the night. I'd believe a ghost sighting of a ghost headed down the hall to the bathroom every night before I'd believe a ghost sweeping the stairs.

by Anonymousreply 3811/27/2012

Okay R38 now I will have an image of a ghostly figure sitting on the john reading a newspaper.

by Anonymousreply 3911/27/2012

Why don't cars have black boxes (like airplanes do)? That way, when there's a crash, investigators can see how fast they were going or if the vehicle was malfunctioning in some way.

by Anonymousreply 4011/27/2012

How come everytine iI want to read a previous post by R39(ie)I scroll up to the top of the page only to the post I want to read is the next reply at the bottom?!

by Anonymousreply 4111/27/2012

Well, ghosts are supposed to haunt the place they lived and died at or maybe where they are buried. So you can't look for caveman ghosts in cool spooky 100/200 year old buildings, you would have to spend the night in a cave.

by Anonymousreply 4211/27/2012

Maybe the success of "Lincoln" will usher in Early American Chic? I can picture stacks and stacks of books on a wagon wheel coffee table!

by Anonymousreply 4311/27/2012

Well, there were a lot fewer cavemen so the odds are longer.

by Anonymousreply 4411/27/2012

Janeane Garofalo did a funny stand-up bit about ghosts, and thought it was strange that ghosts always seem to be from the Victorian era or sometimes the Old West. She wondered why we never see a ghost from the 1980s with shoulder pads and big, crispy hair.

by Anonymousreply 4511/27/2012

Oh god, the wagon wheel coffee tables! I hope we never see those monstrosities again.

by Anonymousreply 4611/27/2012

I was thinking of big wagon wheels being used as exterior home ornamentation. Um, we don't really live in horse country.

by Anonymousreply 4711/27/2012

What happens when the people who make Simpson's clothes, burn up in a fire? Does it effect her?

by Anonymousreply 4811/27/2012

I thought the proper term for "early American Style" furniture was "Colonial"

by Anonymousreply 4911/27/2012

Put an American Eagle on it.

by Anonymousreply 5011/27/2012

Why don't cars have black boxes (like airplanes do)? That way, when there's a crash, investigators can see how fast they were going or if the vehicle was malfunctioning in some way. by: Hmmmmm?treply 40

I think newer models have some kind of micro chip.

by Anonymousreply 5111/27/2012

R38, do you think the ghost of Elvis haunts the Graceland bathroom?

by Anonymousreply 5211/27/2012

Why isn't the WHOLE PLANE made out of the black box material?? Bugged me forever.

by Anonymousreply 5311/27/2012

Cars do have black boxes. They're called Event Data Recorders.

by Anonymousreply 5411/28/2012

Fuck off Arsenio!

by Anonymousreply 5511/28/2012

Ok here is one:

Why do East Coast Psychics always predict California sliding off in the ocean meanwhile miss Hurricane Sandy or 911. Hmmmmm?

The Secret Exposed Here:

by Anonymousreply 5611/28/2012

Im with Anderson

by Anonymousreply 5711/28/2012

[quote]I'd believe a ghost sighting of a ghost headed down the hall to the bathroom every night before I'd believe a ghost sweeping the stairs.

Late one night I encountered a ghost in a bathroom in the converted old house where I work. The stall door creaked back and forth by itself fiver or six times. I laughed it off with an unspoken harrumph, "Ghosts! Bah!"

Then I entered the hallway and froze dead in my tracks. My jaw dropped open, the hair on the back of my neck stood up and my blood ran cold as I saw the figure of a broad-shouldered man of medium height running away from me down the hallway. "Who are you?" was my first thought but in a split second I realized, "you're not really there!" The figure ran through a table and made a rounding turn, disappearing into the front hallway. I was rooted to the spot where I stood for a moment. I yelled to my co-worker in another room and when I found her she told me I was white as a sheet.

It was funny how even as it was happening I knew my instinctive reaction to the ghost-sighting was the same cliche you see in the movies or read about in books.

by Anonymousreply 5811/28/2012

You can't feed a Gremlin after midnight...but when are you allowed to begin feeding them again?? Because technically it's always "after midnight" unless we're given a resume time.

How can people be reincarnated? There are six billion people on the earth today, but 100 years ago there were only two billion...so how did two billion people reincarnate into six billion? The numbers don't work.

Why did Noah put mosquitoes on his ark? Stupid fuck.

Why do people have to poop? Especially beautiful people?

And why do poop threads always get removed on DL, and their author banned with no explanation whatsoever?

Hmmmmmm....

by Anonymousreply 5911/28/2012

Do celebrity performers earning anywhere from $2 million a year, to $20 million per picture all the way up to Madonna levels actually pay anywhere near 35% federal income tax? (sooon to be 39.6% again)

by Anonymousreply 6011/28/2012

R59 might be some kind of genius.

by Anonymousreply 6111/28/2012

You can feed Gremlins during the day, that's when the sun is out r59. The same way afternoon refers to the hours during the day, before the night starts.

You're welcome!

by Anonymousreply 6211/28/2012

R57 what a fraud she is. She told Sean Hornbeck's parents he was dead and then he was found alive. what a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 6311/28/2012

I *love* Sylvia Browne FAIL videos!!!

by Anonymousreply 6411/28/2012

If you could talk to the dead,would you really want to?I mean if a person was a huge jerk in life,death probably wouldn't change that and if they know you can see or hear them when no one else can they're never going to leave you alone.

by Anonymousreply 6511/28/2012

i think ghosts only hang around temporarily, say no more than a thousand years, so that's why there are no cavemen ghosts left.

by Anonymousreply 6611/28/2012
Need more help? Click Here.