Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

UK Muslim radio station fined £4,000 for saying homosexuals should be tortured and beaten up

A Muslim radio station in Leeds has been fined £4,000 by the media regulator Ofcom after one of its presenters said that homosexuals should be tortured and beaten up.

Rubina Nasir told listeners to Asian Fever's Sister Ruby Ramadan Special in 2011:

"What should be done if they do it? [practise homosexuality]. If there are two such persons among you, that do this evil, the shameful act, what do you have to do? Torture them; punish them; beat them and give them mental torture. Allah states, 'If they do such a deed [i.e. homosexuality], punish them, both physically and mentally.

"Mental punishment means rebuke them, beat them, humiliate them, admonish and curse them, and beat them up. This command was sent in the beginning because capital punishment had not yet been sent down."

The following day she said:

"What happens when a Muslim man or woman gets married to a Mushrak [a follower of another religion]. Listeners! Marriage of a Muslim man or woman with a Mushrak is the straight path to hellfire. Have my sisters and brothers, who live with people of bad religions or alien religions, ever thought about what would become of the children they have had with them – and the coming generation?

"Where the filth of shirk (the sin of following another religion) is present, where the dirt of shirk is present, where the heart is impure, how can you remove apparent filth. How many arrangements will you make to remove the apparent filth? We are saying that Mushraks have no concept of cleanliness and uncleanliness."

She was on air while giving her interpretation of a Qur'anic verse and Ofcom got an independent translation from the original Urdu into English.

Ofcom said it regarded the comments as serious breaches of the broadcasting code and therefore a financial penalty should be imposed. It added: "The content of the programme broadcast on 17 August 2011 included two statements which Ofcom considered were likely to encourage or to incite the commission of crime against homosexuals and were likely to encourage others to copy unacceptable behaviour towards homosexuals."

Despite the severity of the breach, the regulator said that it "would not be appropriate to shorten, suspend or revoke Radio Asian Fever's licence".

Responding to the fine, Jabbar Karim, Managing Director at Asian Fever radio, said: "We at Fever FM would like to sincerely apologise to the gay community and to everyone else who have found this news disturbing. This was a one-off incident which will never be repeated."

by Anonymousreply 4505/30/2014

Good.

Next step, kick the fuckers out of the UK.

by Anonymousreply 111/27/2012

agree, R1

by Anonymousreply 211/27/2012

Good grief, the UK really made a big mistake letting these nuts have so much power and influence.

by Anonymousreply 311/27/2012

How and why did they get into England in the first place? Isn't there some kind of sentiment among native English people to have them leave? India is fairly prosperous now as far as high tech jobs are concerned, maybe a move there ought to be encouraged--and I don't care if they were born in England, lots of English people had been born in India during the British Raj, but that didn't make them Indian and they knew it. I just can't comprehend this odd impulse on the part of the Moslems/Muslims in England and elsewhere in Europe to hang on in the countries that really don't want them there. If I were someone "foreign" living in some country othere than my own, I think I'd take the hint and leave for my own. Why does England have any responsibility to keep them? They got rid of their Empire years ago. If India, Pakistan and Bangladesh can't get the hang of birth control, why is it England's problem??

by Anonymousreply 411/27/2012

What is this Moslems/Muslims thing R4? They are the same and the accepted term is Muslim.

by Anonymousreply 511/27/2012

r4, Europeans have a long and ugly history of expelling Jews from their respective nations. That didn't turn out so well in the end, if you don't remember.

Muslims want to stay in wealthy Europe for the same reason Central Americans want to stay in wealthy North America. It's really not that hard of a concept. They want opportunity that cannot be afforded to them in their homelands.

It is inhumane and logistically impossible to round up all the Muslims in England and ship them root and stem from their new homes.

by Anonymousreply 611/27/2012

Islamonazism spreading love everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 711/27/2012

I think anon has discovered this place by accident. He shows up under "anon" and uses "Moslems/Muslims" which is odd. Probably a wingnut.

by Anonymousreply 811/27/2012

NOT enough.

by Anonymousreply 911/27/2012

I learned it as Moslem growing up r5 and I am reluctant to believe that it is completely incorrect today. There have been a variety of terms describing adherents of Islam: Musselman (often in use in Russia), Mohammedan (usually regarded as incorrect today as they technically don't "worship" Mohammed, which name itself has numerous spellings), Moslem, Muslim. Growing up I learned that Muslim referred only to Indian and Pakistani "Moslems". I refuse to be browbeaten into some lockstep way of spelling it when it has had numerous references and spellings for centuries. As Paul Theroux said about the Chinese browbeating everyone into calling Peking, Beijing--we don't call Moscow Moskva nor Rome Roma nor Warsaw Warzawa. It's not wrong, just different r5, don't let it ruin your day by any means. I know it won't spoil mine.

by Anonymousreply 1011/27/2012

In the US religious bigotry like homophobia is protected as a "religious belief". Xtians use it all the time here.

by Anonymousreply 1111/27/2012

Whatever, dude, Muslim is perfectly acceptable here. It sure saves on typing.

by Anonymousreply 1211/27/2012

When an American Christian radio yakker says that, he gets a raise.

by Anonymousreply 1311/27/2012

Here's an interesting article on the use of Moslem and Muslim:

by Anonymousreply 1411/27/2012

r6, it isn't the responsibility of Europeans to accommodate these people. If their homelands can't accommodate them then the obvious question is why not, what's the problem? They have no more right to move in and call England their own than the British did in calling India their own, which they finally realized in 1948 when India got its independence.

by Anonymousreply 1511/27/2012

In the US religious bigotry like homophobia is protected as a "religious belief". Xtians use it all the time here.

Say what you will of our crazy Xtians, at least we don't see pictures of them rounding up dozens of us along the wall for an execution firing squad.

by Anonymousreply 1611/27/2012

[quote] Say what you will of our crazy Xtians, at least we don't see pictures of them rounding up dozens of us along the wall for an execution firing squad.

Yet

by Anonymousreply 1711/27/2012

[quote]Gays 'should die': A timeline of the Salvation Army's anti-gay flare-ups

The Salvation Army certainly wouldn't mind seeing us all dead.

by Anonymousreply 1811/27/2012

"Say what you will of our crazy Xtians, at least we don't see pictures of them rounding up dozens of us along the wall for an execution firing squad. "

That "Yet" should be amended to "recently."

They did it for centuries.

by Anonymousreply 1911/27/2012

r15 = our resident Nazi.

by Anonymousreply 2111/27/2012

The people who say homosexuals should be tortured and beaten up sound like the Nazis to me. And they hate Jews.

by Anonymousreply 2211/27/2012

[quote]How and why did they get into England in the first place?

Muslims! In London! Who let them in??!!!

Uncle Peter, my smelling salts.

by Anonymousreply 2311/27/2012

Muslims are destroying the UK but PC lunacy prevents some from seeing this

by Anonymousreply 2411/27/2012

Goddamit, R23, you beat me to it.

by Anonymousreply 2511/27/2012

France has the right attitude when it comes to this.

"Yes, you can come to France but you cannot bring your religious dogma with you. You want to live here? Act like a Frenchman."

by Anonymousreply 2611/27/2012

The UK is becoming an increasingly scary country.

by Anonymousreply 2711/27/2012

Only read as far as the original post and I say these fuckers should NEVER have a license to broadcast their bigotry in the UK. WTF are OFCOM thinking??

Brainwashed bigots who have no intention of adapting to modern society should piss off back to the dark ages instead of trying to inflict their nihilism on other countries.

I was talking to a Muslim co-worker today - an incredibly bright woman - and she told me how her father prevented her from following any other path in life other than part-time work. When she expressed a desire to take engineering exams she was taken out of school and shipped off to the sub-continent for 6 months to be married off.

by Anonymousreply 2811/27/2012

Waiting for the usual PC brigade to tell everyone how incredibly racist it is not to love everything the Muslims do......

by Anonymousreply 2911/27/2012

This should be a police matter and the woman should be arrested and sentenced. I wonder if she follows her holy book all the way, or like others of whatever religion, she cherry picks the bits that suit her. From her talk of impurity etc, she sounds like a Nazi.

by Anonymousreply 3011/27/2012

The hate speech on American Family Association's network of 150 FM stations is nearly that bad, but of course, the FCC protects rather than fines them. First Amendment is the refuge of scoundrel too often.

by Anonymousreply 3111/27/2012

Aren't there enough rich muslim countries where they can practice this bigotry. Why do they go to Europe in the first place, if that's money issue?

by Anonymousreply 3211/27/2012

"Asian Fever's Sister Ruby Ramadan Special"

MARY.

by Anonymousreply 3411/27/2012

r21=liar

by Anonymousreply 3511/27/2012

Outsiders coming into the UK to preach hate.

If the authorities were serious, they would have been evicted back to the country in which they were born.

A fine that small, is almost an approval.

by Anonymousreply 3611/28/2012

Where's the post-colonial troll? I'm waiting to be reminded that karma's a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 3711/28/2012

by Anonymousreply 3805/30/2014

I agree, r36. The bastards should go back to their homeland hellhole.

by Anonymousreply 3905/30/2014

Never happen, r39. They are here to stay, and their numbers will increase. Adaptation to other cultural norms is not their agenda, they are perfectly happy with their millennium-old laws and lifestyles. A whole new chapter of civilization will be written when the population percentages change significantly. Get used to it.

by Anonymousreply 4005/30/2014

[quote]How and why did they get into England in the first place?

Yankees!! In Georgia!!

Who let them in???!!!

Uncle Peter, my smelling salts!

by Anonymousreply 4105/30/2014

[R24 40] are right.

There are so many wacky DLers who love to defend Islam. Fools. Same for the ones condemning the wacky Christians. Yes there are wackos in all religions.

Christians have not killed gays or toppled towers or jihad against others. And stop saying yet. The new Pope seems gay friendly finally. Many Christian religions accept gays. I know many gays of the Jewish faith.

Stop worrying about the crazies in religions other than Islam. That is where the dangerous ones are.

Go to Harrods sometime and see who mostly shops there and whose giant limos are parked on the side street.

by Anonymousreply 4205/30/2014

[quote]A fine that small, is almost an approval.

I agree. It's lame.

by Anonymousreply 4305/30/2014

Why is this station still on the air? Or any others like it? I thought the EU & the UK both had anti-hate speech laws, not to mention, laws against inciting violence against others?

Or does that not apply to Muslims?

by Anonymousreply 4405/30/2014

And you can bet that there will STILL be idiots on here will STILL keep defending these vile Muslims.

by Anonymousreply 4505/30/2014
Need more help? Click Here.