Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Old Dogs & New Tricks web series

I'm fascinated by this show. I also have a huge crush on David Pevsner and Jeffrey Patrick Olson.

Anyone here know them? Had them? Are they Dataloungers themselves?

by Anonymousreply 911/28/2012

The show's not bad, but the acting is uneven, esp. the guy who plays muscles.

by Anonymousreply 111/27/2012

Muscles is Jeffrey Patrick Olson. I've seen him in one or two other things. He's not the best actor in the world, but he's really sweet and super-hot, so I can overlook it.

by Anonymousreply 211/27/2012

We need to come up with a name for the now-classic "four best friends" sitcom ensemble, as in Golden Girls, Designing Women, Living Single, Sex in the City, Noah's Arc, etc. The Harris Quartet? The Sitcom Square? The Burbank Quadrumvirate? Or, maybe just The Four Best Friends?

Once we settle on that, I can tell you what this show is about in one sentence.

by Anonymousreply 311/27/2012

It is rather like a gay male version of The Golden Girls.

by Anonymousreply 411/27/2012

Just watched the pilot thanks to this thread. It's pretty well done for a web series.

Age is still a very delicate topic in the gay community and nothing scares a gay 'queen' more than getting older and (even) more undesirable. Therefore having a proper support system with genuine friends is crucial for those many moments where (fear of) age wears you down.

It's nice to see a (fictional) show where something like an actual circle of friends exist in a youth obsessed back stabbing place like WeHo.

by Anonymousreply 511/27/2012

David Pevsner's a good guy and an excellent actor; I got to know him a little when the show he was in, Terence McNally's "Corpus Christi" was at a theater festival I had a show in; lovely to hang out with. Their show later came to NYC, and has since toured in some places where it's pretty scary to be doing the gay Jesus play. (There's also a documentary about it).

by Anonymousreply 611/27/2012

Sadly even in a "gay" series the straights rear their heads,apparently the British Rocker guy is actually straight.

by Anonymousreply 711/27/2012

R7, he gives off a bit of a straight vibe, so that doesn't surprise me. I'm not bothered by it, probably because he's my least favorite character.

David Pevsner played Liz's doctor in Liz & Dick, although I didn't see it.

by Anonymousreply 811/28/2012

I hear that Greg Louganis is going to be in Season 2. Which should be fun.

by Anonymousreply 911/28/2012
Need more help? Click Here.