Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

***BREAKING*** "ELMO DIDDLED ME THREE"

Third accuser comes forward.

He was also underage at the time. He will read excerpts from a book he was writing about the occurrences in a press conference today.

Elmo is in big trouble.

by Anonymousreply 11011/28/2012

This is why they hate us.

by Anonymousreply 111/27/2012

Ohhh R2, you just did it. Prepare for the wrath to descend upon you.

by Anonymousreply 311/27/2012

R2= Isn't man enough to get men his own age so he goes after immature troubled youth he can manipulate.

by Anonymousreply 411/27/2012

[quote]THe man was 16 for heavens sake. They make it sound like he was diddling 5-year-olds. Let's get some perspective.

The law is pretty clear. It's really not about "perspective."

by Anonymousreply 511/27/2012

"He was also underage at the time"

No he CLAIMS he was underage. Welcome to America, where accusations are facts.

by Anonymousreply 711/27/2012

R2, when you're into the under-18 crowd and you're not also under 18 (unless we're talking a three-year span at most), then you deserve to be ostracized. And you'd have to be a jackass to think that only applies to gays.

No father wants his teen daughter involved with a guy who isn't around her age - unless he's money-grubbing trash like Priscilla Presley's father.

by Anonymousreply 811/27/2012

He resigned as Elmo. I wonder if they Elmo will have a new hand up his ass or be retired from the muppets.

by Anonymousreply 911/27/2012

Sex with a minor is rape 1

end of story

by Anonymousreply 1011/27/2012

"when you're into the under-18 crowd and you're not also under 18 (unless we're talking a three-year span at most), then you deserve to be ostracized"

These guys are claiming they met him on a chat line AIMED AT ADULT GAY MEN.

by Anonymousreply 1111/27/2012

He is not a man until he is 18, r2.

You know this.

by Anonymousreply 1211/27/2012

I'm waiting for the wave of "When I was 16 I totally knew what I was doing and would have LOVED to fuck around with an older guy [so it's okay in every instance]."

Believe me I get this argument. I understand that teen boys don't have to be "victims" in the traditional sense by sexual encounters of this sort (though some are, which people seem to forget).

But, the law is still the law. If you really think 15 or 16-year-old and 35-year-old sexual encounters should be made uniformly presumptively lawful behavior (leaving it to the victim to prove that something made it not okay), then you should really be working to get the law changed, not bitching about how it's not fair.

It's not that I can't believe that a teenager would be "fine" with having sex with an older man. Rather, I can't believe that an older man would be so desperate to risk everything knowing that the law really doesn't allow a case-by-case analysis, knowing how the public reacts to these sorts of things, knowing that his life and career could be ruined.

Fine, you don't agree with the placement of the "line' - the set age that separates legal victim from non-victim. But, why even go near the line if there's that much to lose?

by Anonymousreply 1311/27/2012

R11, when I was 16, I also played around on those lines. A lot of teens did. Like it's such a shock that kids do things they're not supposed to... when they're teens.

When a 30-something actually SEES the 16 year old, you could probably guess the age difference is greater than the actual age of the younger one.

And in the case of this idiot, he should've stayed behind the scenes. No one would've known what he looked like had he stayed anonymous.

If he gave his really name to the teens, then he's both an idiot and a moron.

by Anonymousreply 1411/27/2012

r13 nails it.

Also, let's say all of these accusers were 17 or 18 when romantically involved w/ Elmo. You have to ask yourself, why does a much older man have an affinity for guys half his age???

by Anonymousreply 1511/27/2012

"Rather, I can't believe that an older man would be so desperate to risk everything knowing that the law really doesn't allow a case-by-case analysis, knowing how the public reacts to these sorts of things, knowing that his life and career could be ruined."

He risked everything...by assuming the men he met on adult, male chat lines were 18 years old?

Pretty much every single straight male actor, athlete, or rock star has probably slept with young female groupies without asking for ID. Funny how people here are so hysterical about gay men who have sex with teens but not about straight men WHO DO THE SAME FUCKING THING. Are you going to call up the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and tell them to de-induct Aerosmith because Steven Tyler fucked underage groupies? Will you also ask them to de-induct Jerry Lee Lewis because he married his 13-year-old cousin? Chuck Berry got busted with an underage hooker so let's de-induct him, too. Then we can ask the Pro Football Hall of Fame to de-induct Lawrence Taylor since he also slept with an underage hooker?

by Anonymousreply 1611/27/2012

Even in disgrace, Elmo is teaching kids how to count. How soon until we get to double digits?

by Anonymousreply 1711/27/2012

R16= loser.

He risked everything by sleeping w teens after he knew their true age.

"You have to ask yourself, why does a much older man have an affinity for guys half his age???"

I can only think of two reasons:

1) They want to control someone, and what better target then some dumb emotionally immature teen.

2) Self-loathing. They are afraid of aging and dating someone their own age reminds them that their "stud" days are over, so a younger guy makes them feel worth something again.

by Anonymousreply 1811/27/2012

"Digital penetration of the anus..."

Elmo is clever. He plies his youngsters with drink, pokes their bum holes to get them excited, then sucks their dick. What comes after probably costs him a lot more.

by Anonymousreply 1911/27/2012

The voice of Elmo just might end up in prison.

by Anonymousreply 2011/27/2012

[quote]Are you going to call up the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and tell them to de-induct Aerosmith because Steven Tyler fucked underage groupies?

I'm sorry, has the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences asked Kevin Clash to return his Emmys? If not, your comparison makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 2111/27/2012

He really should have just moved to Massachusetts.

by Anonymousreply 2211/27/2012

Rape me Jesus for I have sinned.

by Anonymousreply 2311/27/2012

Prison? Elmo scared!

by Anonymousreply 2411/27/2012

Ugh. This just gets worse. My partner and I are fathers to a toddler who loves Elmo. When this story first broke, we felt it was a witch hunt started by a greedy kid looking to make a buck off a celebrity. We chalked it up to a case of bad judgement on Clash's part, one that deserved some understanding and not a rush to judgement. We felt so strongly about it, we wrote a letter to Sesame Workshop expressing our support for Kevin Clash.

Now this.

Man, I sound like a housecoated vagina, but it's more than a little disappointing as a Dad to see this unravel. One guy, bad judgement. Two guys, possibly a mistake. Three guys? Buddy's got issues.

by Anonymousreply 2511/27/2012

If he was meeting men in online forums and didn't realize that one of them was actually a minor that had lied about his age, that might be an honest mistake - dumb, but honest. After multiple people come forward saying they had sexual relations with him when they were 16 and he was in his 30s, it's pretty obvious that he has a "type" he's attracted to (underaged, troubled, blatino, gender-ambiguous males apparently) and he should have known better. Check IDs or risk having this shit come back and blow up in your face. Especially if you work with kids! People who are convicted of having sex with minors sometimes end up being prohibited from ever having unsupervised contact with children. Not so smart if you work on Sesame Street. Clash is a moron.

The character of Elmo will continue to be used on Sesame Street, btw. They'll just get someone else to do the Elmo voice.

by Anonymousreply 2611/27/2012

It's a shame that gay men were sent to prison before Stonewall, but they knew that sex with another man was illegal, so they only had themselves to blame. The law is the law.

by Anonymousreply 2711/27/2012

It's a pity he didn't have enough money or fame to make it all go away until he did.

by Anonymousreply 2811/27/2012

[quote] He will read excerpts from a book he was writing about the occurrences

I somewhat doubt that it will be as well-written as In Cold Blood.

by Anonymousreply 2911/27/2012

So many pearl clutchers on a supposedly liberal/progressive board! Forget the legal aspect for a moment. What's wrong with a 30-something guy dating, say, an 18-year-old? Not every M2M relationship has to be emotional in nature. If both guys are hot, very attracted to each other, and just want sex out of it, so what? That's the terrific thing about gay male relationships...they can be purely carnal in nature. We don't need to pretend to want or need all of the heteronormative trappings of relationships.

by Anonymousreply 3011/27/2012

Do you think he uses the Elmo voice when he has sex with them?

by Anonymousreply 3111/27/2012

R30 we don't have a problem if the guy is legal.

The problem is that all three guys were under-age

THAT IS THE ISSUE!

by Anonymousreply 3211/27/2012

Funny, all my liberal gay friends were defending Clash and disregarding the teens.

I bet had Clash been a straight male republican, all those same gay friends would have crucified him from the start instead of making excuses (they were looking for it!).

by Anonymousreply 3311/27/2012

"1) They want to control someone, and what better target then some dumb emotionally immature teen."

Or maybe it's biology. Studies show that most men are attracted to teenagers. r18 = loser, and probably a homophobe too since no one seems to get too worked up over the straight men who have sex with underage FEMALE groupies

"Elmo is clever. He plies his youngsters with drink, pokes their bum holes to get them excited, then sucks their dick"

Accusations aren't facts.

by Anonymousreply 3411/27/2012

R30? Why are you bringing up something no one else did? Is it your way of trying to rationalize a 30+ year old with a 16 year old?

Direct us to the post where someone said this is about an 18 year old.

He wasn't 18, so cut the shit. He was 16, not 18, not 17...1-6.

And yeah, there's a difference, esp. if the other person is 21+.

by Anonymousreply 3511/27/2012

"We chalked it up to a case of bad judgement on Clash's part, one that deserved some understanding and not a rush to judgement."

But it's okay to judge him now, even though he hasn't been convicted of anything in a court of law? ROFLMAO.

by Anonymousreply 3611/27/2012

Mom, why is there red fur on the TP when I wipe?

by Anonymousreply 3711/27/2012

r35, some posters were inferring that a 30+ year old having a relationship with someone significantly younger, and legal, belies emotional issues with the older guy. I just wanted to say that that is not the case and that sometimes it's just plain old physical lust.

by Anonymousreply 3811/27/2012

"He wasn't 18, so cut the shit. He was 16, not 18, not 17...1-6."

They CLAIM they were 16....when did accusations become facts?

I wonder how you would feel if someone decide to claim you committed a crime and everyone just believed it, no questions asked?

"The problem is that all three guys were under-age"

They claim they were underage...the first guy doctored e-mails to make it look like they were sent when he was underage, which means maybe you should question how truthful some of these claims are...

by Anonymousreply 3911/27/2012

Most of us are disregarding the teens because we know it's a SHAKEDOWN. They claim to know him, know he has money and is rich. They're coming out of the woodwork 10 years later because they SMELL MONEY. These punks are thieves using the news story to their advantage.

by Anonymousreply 4111/27/2012

"If a gay man does the same, then gay liberals claim it's not his fault."

ROFLMAO. Did you even read this thread? Most people are condemning him.

You are wrong that people refuse to condemn gay men...if anything people here are harder on gay men. I don't recall this level of hysteria when Lawrence Taylor slept with a 16-year-old female prostitute. No one here goes after Rob Lowe even though he had sex with 16-year-old girls.

by Anonymousreply 4211/27/2012

poor children! forced to go on the adult chat lines and agree to meet with a man they knew was older than them!

seriously, come of you sound like helicopter moms who want to control every aspect of EveryTeen until they can legally drink. people develop agency at their own rates, not according to an arbitrary number.

by Anonymousreply 4311/27/2012

Amateurs

by Anonymousreply 4411/27/2012

[quote] poor children! forced to go on the adult chat lines and agree to meet with a man they knew was older than them!

When you think about it, it's an excellent piece of investment advice.

"15 year olds - plan for your future! Fuck an old guy now."

by Anonymousreply 4511/27/2012

R33/R40, what's "funny" is you pretending all gay liberals agree with this.

What's also "funny" is that you don't get that the reason Republicans get "crucified" is because they're hypocritical dirtbags like the asshole down in TN who is a rabid Christian pro-life bastard whose own wife has had two abortions and so has his mistress - all forced to by him. Lord knows how many of his other mistresses have also had them. It's not the act itself, shithead. It's his attempting to stop others from having the same rights and access has he had in his own life, that outrages people. No one gives a shit that Republicans are fucking around. You've been told a million times what the difference is, but you're still too much of a tool to get it. Same with Gingrich and Clinton. Are you too stupid to see the difference? It's not the infidelity itself that pisses us off.

And no one believes you have friends, let alone liberal friends, let alone liberal friends who all defend him.

You're a lying sack of shit like every other Freeper.

by Anonymousreply 4611/27/2012

I'm 42 and I check out the hot younger guys in my gym every day. I have no idea if they're 16 or 26, but they've got smoking hot bodies and look like fully developed men. There's nothing wrong with checking them out. We all do it.

by Anonymousreply 4711/27/2012

I was one of those teenagers who would have done it with an older guy but grew up in the country back in the Before Times, so no internet or gay clubs.

moved to the nearest big city when I was 16 and had my first sexual experience with a man I met at Dignity. I carried myself like the young adult that I was and he had no idea he was sexing a virgin.

flash forward 30+ years... I dated a 22 year old who is into 'daddies'. he started pulling men off CL when he was 15 by lying about his age and has no regrets. definitely no twink.

it's easy for others to point and judge "over the line!!" based on a number, conveniently sidestepping any shades of grey, contributing factors, or their own reasons for their discomfort and need to judge.

by Anonymousreply 4811/27/2012

"They're coming out of the woodwork 10 years later because they SMELL MONEY. These punks are thieves using the news story to their advantage."

Simple solution! You don't want a 29 year old gold digging punk after your wallet? Then don't have sex with immature and troubled teenagers.

Teens don't go out seeking sex with 40 year olds unless they come from troubled backgrounds.

by Anonymousreply 4911/27/2012

[quote] Studies show that most men are attracted to teenagers

Sounds highly unlikely - show us even ONE solid study.

by Anonymousreply 5011/27/2012

r46, so it's cool if I start sleeping with 16 year olds? If someone catches me, I'll just reply: I'm not taking anyone's legal rights away! No need to call me out.

"he started pulling men off CL when he was 15 by lying about his age and has no regrets. definitely no twink."

Sounds like he was molested. And a 22 year old with no regrets? Are you serious? People that age NEVER regret anything. When I was 22 I had no regrets about anything either. Fast forward 10 years and I can't believe how self-destructive I was back then.

by Anonymousreply 5111/27/2012

[quote]I somewhat doubt that it will be as well-written as In Cold Blood.

Or My Poky Little Puppy even.

by Anonymousreply 5211/27/2012

[quote] Teens don't go out seeking sex with 40 year olds unless they come from troubled backgrounds.

Could you be any more TV Movie of the Week?

by Anonymousreply 5311/27/2012

R51? WTF are you even talking about? I'm calling you out for pulling the "if Republicans did it" bullshit. I'm calling out your stupid ass for trying to turn this into something political, and I'm calling you out for pretending you don't know precisely why the rest of us call out Republican hypocrisy in general. You remind me of the trash who are so obsessed with hating Obama that they turn every story having nothing to do with Obama into an excuse to bash Obama.

I'm a liberal and I will not defend "Elmo." I think it's disgusting for a 30+ year old to be fucking anyone under 18 (personally, I wouldn't go below 25, but that's more about my taste, not disgust).

by Anonymousreply 5411/27/2012

What is the age of consent in the state(s) where this all happened?

by Anonymousreply 5511/27/2012

"You remind me of the trash who are so obsessed with hating Obama that they turn every story having nothing to do with Obama into an excuse to bash Obama."

Projecting much? Who brought Obama into the conversation again?

You're the one who made it sound like what Clash did isn't as bad because Clash wasn't trying to take anyone's legal rights away.

"I'm calling you out for pulling the "if Republicans did it" bullshit."

It's true though. Since this story came out, most liberal sites have been defending Clash non-stop. That never would've happened had Clash been a republican.

by Anonymousreply 5611/27/2012

I just turned 42 but get mistaken for early 20s by literally everyone. Just good genetics, I suppose. I've essentially internalized peoples' perceptions of me, so I feel and act like I look and how people expect me to behave. So I'm attracted to guys who are late teens/early 20s and I have zero interest in guys my chronological age. No dysfunction here. I sometimes feel a little awkward bumping fists and referring to other guys as "bro" but I get more young, dumb and full of cum cock than I know what to do with, and I'm happy as a clam.

by Anonymousreply 5711/27/2012

"Teens don't go out seeking sex with 40 year olds unless they come from troubled backgrounds."

Totally incorrect. I'd wager many teenage boys and girls would love to have sex with, say, Brad Pitt or George Clooney or Johnny Depp (all of whom turned 40 long ago)

by Anonymousreply 5811/27/2012

"It's true though. Since this story came out, most liberal sites have been defending Clash non-stop"

Totally wrong. You're just a lying, biased Republican.

I bet if someone accused John Boehner of molestation you'd say it was a lie

by Anonymousreply 5911/27/2012

Link to the liberal sites defending him, and while you're at it, show me where I specifically defended Clash. I pointed out that to claim all gay "liberals" are defending him is bullshit. You tried to turn this into something political. You're the one projecting. You chose to claim gay liberals defend him while persecuting poor wittle Republicans. YOU chose to turn this into an issue where one's political ideology determines their opinion.

And when I referred to the "act itself," I was referring specifically to the case of that hypocritical asshole in TN, not THIS.

by Anonymousreply 6011/27/2012

Keep telling yourself that next time you sleep with a 16 year old, R58. Whatever eases your conscience.

You sound worse than R57 who is obviously a troll post.

by Anonymousreply 6111/27/2012

r42, Rob Lowe did get a lot of shit for that scandal.

He says he's ashamed of it and that his career was in pieces for a long time. And he really had no idea that girl was 16. She lied and he thought she was older. To my knowledge, this is the only real scandal that Rob has to his name.

by Anonymousreply 6211/27/2012

R18 you and this country are fucked up

by Anonymousreply 6311/27/2012

One, two, threee! Hahahahaha! *rolling thunder*

by Anonymousreply 6411/27/2012

Why oh Why can't this be Tyler Perry?

by Anonymousreply 6511/27/2012

R50, I have no studies to show you but I am a straight female who used to be a cute teenager & I know from experience that most straight men do seem to be attracted to teenage girls. Is there any reason to think that's not equally true of gay men & teenage boys?

by Anonymousreply 6611/27/2012

When did this guy find the time to win all those Emmys ??

by Anonymousreply 6711/27/2012

" Even though it's technically illegal"

Actually you are wrong. In most states 16 is legal. And it doesn't say you can't be an old man to be with a 16 year old.

Before you get in any ideas, even as a teenager I didn't ever sleep with teenagers.

State laws

Each U.S. state (and the District of Columbia) has its own age of consent. Currently state laws set the age of consent at 16, 17 or 18. The most common age is 16.[46]

age of consent 16 (30): Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Georgia, Hawaii, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia age of consent 17 (9): Colorado, Illinois, Louisiana, Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, Texas, Wyoming age of consent 18 (12): Arizona, California, Delaware, Florida, Idaho, North Dakota, Oregon, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania[47]

by Anonymousreply 6811/27/2012

If it happened in NY like one of them is accusing him then 16 is legal.

by Anonymousreply 6911/27/2012

No, it's not r69. Age of consent in NY is 17.

by Anonymousreply 7011/27/2012

Can you legally have sex with 16 yos if you live in Massachusetts?

by Anonymousreply 7111/27/2012

"And he really had no idea that girl was 16."

Funny how Rob Lowe gets the benefit of the doubt but "Elmo" doesn't.

So much homophobia on this board, giving gay men shit for the things straight men get away with all the time. No one is saying we should go round up Jerry Lee Lewis and throw his old ass in prison for marrying his 13-year-old cousin

by Anonymousreply 7211/28/2012

Look at all the chicken hawks on the DL.

by Anonymousreply 7311/28/2012

good grief. This thread isn't about what Rob Lowe did 20 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 7411/28/2012

I think the third accuser is Snuffleupagus.

by Anonymousreply 7511/28/2012

He wouldn't be in this mess if he had stuck to guys his own age like Statler and Waldorf.

by Anonymousreply 7611/28/2012

as R68 has pointed out, the age of consent in much of this country is actually 16. So please stop your screaming about 'pedophilia' and look at the facts. We don't know what he did or didn't do at all at this point. But even if he did have sex with a sixteen year old, chances are it was not illegal.

by Anonymousreply 7711/28/2012

[quote]r38 some posters were inferring that a 30+ year old having a relationship with someone significantly younger, and legal, belies emotional issues with the older guy.

Oh and dear.

by Anonymousreply 7811/28/2012

What do you not understand about the fact that sixteen is underage in the state of NY, r77?

If Elmo had sexual contact with somebody under the age of seventeen, it was ILLEGAL. Period.

This is not up for debate.

Damn, some of you are stupid.

by Anonymousreply 7911/28/2012

You forgot to sign your post abercromibiestud1947@aol.com, R57.

by Anonymousreply 8011/28/2012

R72, you are fucked up man. ONE motherfucking poster says: And he really had no idea that girl was 16.

And that's proof of the rampant homophobia in the world? You are delusional!

You also sound like a pervert. Oohh, a straight pervert slept with a teen girl so its ok for gay guys to sleep with teen boys.

by Anonymousreply 8111/28/2012

I think the point that R72 was making was that Rob Lowe continued to have a career, but Kevin Clash is finished.

by Anonymousreply 8211/28/2012

This can happen only in societies operating under English tort law where there is no greater disgrace than for a man to be known as a homosexual.

Here in Europe something like this would be laughed right out of the courtroom. no, sorry, thank God that something like this would not even make it INTO the courtroom in Europe.

by Anonymousreply 8311/28/2012

R82, Rob Lowe continued his career in children's entertainment after he was caught with a minor?

And if he did get away with it years and years ago(not familiar with the scandal) that means anyone who sleeps with teens can't be criticized because Rob wasn't?

by Anonymousreply 8411/28/2012

I don't believe them.

by Anonymousreply 8511/28/2012

You only diddle thrice!

by Anonymousreply 8611/28/2012

If it all happened in NY he's fucked. Age of consent is 17 there. If it happened in RI it's 16. In fact all of New England it's 16.

by Anonymousreply 8711/28/2012

I think the problem is that in the case of Lowe, we only knew of it happening once. I mean R. Kelly's career wasn't finished after one time.

When there's a pattern, then it looks bad. And when "payoffs" are involved, it looks even worse.

by Anonymousreply 8811/28/2012

R84, we're talking about two different things. Rob Lowe was criticized at the time, but has gone on to have a big career. Kevin Clash will probably never work again, and will be a punch line for all eternity.

No one is saying people who have sex with minors shouldn't be criticized, we're saying that it doesn't seem to be a career ender for straights as it is for gays.

by Anonymousreply 8911/28/2012

r2 is a member of NAMBULA.

by Anonymousreply 9011/28/2012

"When you're into the under-18 crowd and you're not also under 18 (unless we're talking a three-year span at most), then you deserve to be ostracized."

I'm curious a to who decided it's different if there's a three-year age difference at most, and who exactly decided to set it at three years rather than three and a half years, or four years, or five years, or....?

Just curious. And just wanted to make the point that, although the age of consent line obviously has to be drawn somewhere, life is full of situations that fall in to gray areas.

by Anonymousreply 9111/28/2012

"You also sound like a pervert"

YOU sound like a pervert. I think people who are hysterical over pedophiles (or "pedophiles" since so many people accused of being pedophiles are not actaully pedophiles) are secretly pedophiles themselves, kind of like how people who are hysterical about homosexuality are often closet cases.

Why am I wrong for pointing out the homophobia and double standards that exist in society? Straight guys would be cheering him on if he was fucking 16-year-old girls. And the girls would be called "sluts" for seeking out sex with grown men. Remember when Jerry Seinfeld "dated" 17-year-old Shoshanna Lonstein? Yeah, he was really drummed out of Hollywood for that. Oh, wait. He wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 9211/28/2012

Rob Lowe was in a straight scandal. After doing the SNL skit with Church Lady he laid low for a couple of years and then had his comeback.

PeeWee Herman was caught with his pants down in a porn cinema cruising spot. He had to lay low for quite some time and only recently got back.

Future will tell if the public will welcome Clash back after a gay scandal that involves barely legal/undergage guys. And btw. WEHT Victor Silva from Jeepers Creepers fame who had his own gay underage scandal?

by Anonymousreply 9311/28/2012

When I was 16 I was fucking and I knew I was fucking.

by Anonymousreply 9411/28/2012

r92, I know a lot of straight dudes, and none of them would cheer on a grown man who has sex with 16-year old girls. They would find it sick or creepy.

by Anonymousreply 9511/28/2012

[quote]No one is saying people who have sex with minors shouldn't be criticized, we're saying that it doesn't seem to be a career ender for straights as it is for gays.

I think it s a career ender for Clash less because he is gay than because of the nature of his career. Unlike Rob Lowe and the various rock stars and pro athletes mentioned in this thread, Clash made a living entertaining very young children.

Fans pretty much expect and accept promiscuous and ethically dubious sexual behavior from music stars and pro athletes. Fair or not, standards are different for people who work with little kids.

For a middle-aged person in Clash's profession, fucking around with young men (or young women) 30+ years your junior is stupid, risky behavior even if your sex partners have reached the age of consent.

For one thing, the parents of your target audience members are going to view the relationship between a 50-year-old guy (or woman) and a whole string of 18-year-old sex partners as creepy and unsavory, no matter that it's all perfectly legal. This scandal likely would have ended Clash's career as Elmo even he had immediately produced incontrovertible proof that each accuser was legal when Clash had sex with him.

For another, if you've got money, fame,and a sensitive career like Clash's, and you consistently pursue sex partners who are barely legal, it's practically inevitable that some money grubber's going to come along and claim he was on the wrong side of the age of consent when you fucked him.

by Anonymousreply 9611/28/2012

When I was 30 I was fucking and I knew I was fucking.

by Anonymousreply 9711/28/2012

He'll still get residuals, right? So financially I'm sure he'll be juuust fine.

by Anonymousreply 9811/28/2012

r94=Helen Lawson.

by Anonymousreply 9911/28/2012

You can't keep using the excuse of "when I was 16, I knew what I wanted."

The 16 year old is not the one who is expected to have any sense. They're hormonal teens who'll jerk-off to pretty much anything.

The adult is the one who is supposed to know better. You know, be evolved enough to control yourself long enough to think before you fuck around with a damned 16 year old.

by Anonymousreply 10011/28/2012

R95, shhh! According to R92, most straight men think it's cool to sleep with teens, therefore, older gay men should also be allowed to sleep with teens. Otherwise it's homophobia to be disgusted at people like Clash.

So go ahead and sleep with teens! If anyone says anything to you about it, then just reply: Rob Lowe did it too! Go criticize him first.

by Anonymousreply 10111/28/2012

R72 Mrs Lovejoy, please do not put a different meaning to my post. My, self contained, post was just to clear up the misconception that Rob Lowe got away scot free from the scandal.

His career did suffer and almost everyone in Hollywood walked away from him. His film career certainly never recovered but he's been able to carve out a respectable tv career many years after the fact. He laid low for a long time because few we're willing to hire him. The incident was an embarrassment to him and he hasn't had that type of underage scandals since. I am willing to label this as an accidental one-off because of it.

by Anonymousreply 10211/28/2012

It's too soon to say if Clash won't recover.

by Anonymousreply 10311/28/2012

A lot of grown, hetero guys fantasize about fucking some teen girl, they don't DO IT. And if they did, no one would cheer it on unless they themselves were also pervs.

At some point, some gay man should cut the "crucified for being gay" bullshit when it comes to this issue.

Gay or hetero, no one in their right mind is going to think it's acceptable for a 30 year old to fuck a 16 year old.

Look at that Olsen fidget with Sarkozy's son. They're both adults, but people still look at it as though it's creepy. Why? Because it looks like a teenager out with her dad.

Just because you happen to be physically-attracted to that type, doesn't mean you should act on it. Grow the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 10411/28/2012

[quote]It's too soon to say if Clash won't recover.

Recover what, his career? He won't be Elmo ever again. What else is he going to do, some lewd puppet show is Vegas?

by Anonymousreply 10511/28/2012

And if you're physically attracted to that type, date and fuck youthful looking people of legal age. How hard is it to find a twinky 20-year old?!

Nobody ends up with (at least) three high school-aged boy toys without specifically seeking them out.

by Anonymousreply 10611/28/2012

He's producer and director with SS. he can do that or develop his own show. he is also a consultant to many puppeteers around the world.

So yes, a career to recover.

by Anonymousreply 10711/28/2012

Rob Lowe got a lot of shit for it at the time. He was ridiculed and pretty much went away for some time - and he was 24. Do you think he would've gotten even less shit had he been 35?

[quote]In 1988 Lowe was involved in a sex scandal over a videotape of him having sex with two women, one of whom was 16 and the other 22. She was filmed with Lowe during the night before the Democratic National Convention in Atlanta, Georgia. Lowe has asserted that he did not know that the second girl was underage, and it was confirmed that the two had met at a bar.[25]

by Anonymousreply 10811/28/2012

R104 must be female. She has NO idea. Men will fuck anything that moves, no matter whether they're a teenager or not.

by Anonymousreply 10911/28/2012

Sweetheart? We know men will fuck anything that moves, that doesn't always make it right or legal.

We're talking about having the good sense to not act on an impulse - that's what's supposed to separate us from a chimpanzee.

by Anonymousreply 11011/28/2012
Need more help? Click Here.