Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Jamie Foxx Calls Barack Obama "Our Lord and Savior" at Soul Train Awards, Catholic Group Fires Back

The comedian caused quite a stir at the 2012 Soul Train Awards, which was televised last night but taped in Las Vegas a few days after the 2012 election, when he made an out-of-this-world comparison regarding the president.

"It's like church over here. It's like church in here. First of all, give an honor to God and our Lord and Savior Barack Obama. Barack Obama," Foxx said to the audience.

The president of the Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights in the United States Bill Donahue released a statement regarding the actor's comment, saying, "Foxx's epiphany is startling. It just goes to show that even though Obama did not succeed in stopping the oceans from rising (as he promised to do in 2008), he did succeed in convincing Jamie Foxx, and no doubt legions of others, that God exists. Whether God can survive an ACLU lawsuit accusing him of violating church and state grounds remains to be seen."

Foxx's rep was not immediately available for comment.

by Anonymousreply 2811/28/2012

Simple hyperbole. A sort of lame comment, sure. But, given how traditionally religious a lot of black people are, I hardly think many view Obama as their actual Lord.

by Anonymousreply 211/27/2012

Foxx's best role ever was Wanda Wayne.

by Anonymousreply 411/27/2012

The Catholic League does not speak for all Catholics, and under Bill Donohue's leadership it has become just another organized hate group disguised as a defender of faith. I wish the media would just stop giving this man any more unnecessary attention.

by Anonymousreply 611/27/2012

Jesus Christ, people! It was a joke!

by Anonymousreply 1011/27/2012

This a gay message board, R9. It's never enough.

There is no reason to be a gay Catholic. None at all.

by Anonymousreply 1111/27/2012

The Catholic League consists of one member. Bill O'Donoghue.

by Anonymousreply 1211/27/2012

When is Jamie coming out?

by Anonymousreply 1311/27/2012

That fat bigoted fuckwit Bill Donahue hasn't been right about anything in all the years he's been famewhoring. The "Catholic League" is basically him and his computer in the basement of his house. He represents nothing but prejudice and those who defend pedophiles. He spends all his time looking for things to be offended by and it's no surprise he finds some.

F&F you, R7&9. Nobody here is going to defend a rancid old homophobe like Bill Donahue. He is a disgrace to people of faith. You want some Catholics to admire and defend? Try the Nuns on the Bus. Or you could just fuck off.

As for Jamie Foxx - meh. He's a comedian. As Al Franken taught us, satire is protected speech even if you don't get the joke.

by Anonymousreply 1511/27/2012

Someone I know just today called Obama a chimp and had the balls to be insulted when I called her racist.

by Anonymousreply 1611/27/2012

I know he does stand-up, but it's so strange to see him referred to as "the comedian", given his body of work and the Academy Award he won.

by Anonymousreply 1711/27/2012

Isn't it (not) surprising that R7/9 on this thread is the Salvation Army defender on this thread:

by Anonymousreply 1811/27/2012

Bill Donahue is a fat fuck and I hate him!

by Anonymousreply 1911/27/2012

What I can't understand is women who support the Catholic church. So self flaggelating! Here's an institution where we treat you like second class citizens. Subordinates. You accept that? Where's your self respect? Catholic church is an institution that absorbs society's oddballs who then treat you as wayward children. You really have to question any woman who is dumb enough to claim membership to this archaic institution. You can see how it can get away with the misogyny in third world nations but what is the excuse of women in more developed societies? Switch to a Protestant church if you don't trust your own judgement on how to behave during your time here on earth. Blows me away that in 2012 people are still supporting old timey religions. Show me a religious person (any religion) and I'll show you an uneducated sociopath who can't trust themselves to develop humanistic morals for themselves. I'll show a fool who can't accept their own mortality, is what. Eat it. Accept it. You're going to die and that will be the end of you...forever.

by Anonymousreply 2011/27/2012

What does your rant have to do with Jamie Foxx, R20? You must just like to see your comments in writing. That's nice.

by Anonymousreply 2111/27/2012

R7/R9 is hilarious. You're on a gay message board defending an anti-gay cult. GTFO.

by Anonymousreply 2311/27/2012

[quote]Bush was called a chimp!

Yeah because it's the exact same fucking thing, right?

You racist fuck.

by Anonymousreply 2411/27/2012

[quote]is an angry black fag!!! being gay in black culture is extremely taboo. Gay is the white man's disease

God you're a tard.

by Anonymousreply 2611/27/2012

Jamie Foxx needs to put down the whacky weed. The freeps coined the term the "messiah" in regards to Obama.

This idiot doesn't even realize he's repeating their meme.

by Anonymousreply 2711/28/2012

by Anonymousreply 2811/28/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!